Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

august2020

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 244 ✭✭Aveen

Millem wrote: »
    Hope you are ok? HG is awful had it on my two boys. I am no where need as bad this time. Still sick every day....usually have one bad day a week where I can keep noting down. Still getting acupuncture.
    Find fizzy orange really helps me.

We found out what we were having at 12 weeks. I have told people. I find people say whatever they want to you when you are pregnant and I just can’t listen to them going on about having a girl/boy!!

I feeling the same about the sex of the baby, I've two boys, so everyone hoping it's a girl. I love a girl but don't care, healthly & Happy. In middle of AON with eldest and received blow on Tuesday re schooling, no idea where to start my emotions are all over the place

• Registered Users Posts: 7,729 ✭✭✭Millem

Aveen wrote: »
    I feeling the same about the sex of the baby, I've two boys, so everyone hoping it's a girl. I love a girl but don't care, healthly & Happy. In middle of AON with eldest and received blow on Tuesday re schooling, no idea where to start my emotions are all over the place

Absolutely re happy and healthy. We did the panorama test so found out the gender! I don’t know if I would of believed it if it had just been a scan!!!
    Gosh I saw that on the other thread. I hope everything gets sorted ASAP. At least you will be off when he starts school!
    Make sure you apply for all your entitlements (dca and tax credit) now you have diagnosis.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,452 ✭✭✭History Queen

Hi all, how is everyone keeping? Really feeling unwell in myself the lastfewdays
    Nothing major, just general lethargy, discomfort and feeling 'heavy'. I'm bad enough to feel rotten but not bad enough to be off work if that makes sense? Hoping it is just a phase that will pass!

• Registered Users Posts: 200 ✭✭ahaaha

Aveen hope you’re feeling a bit better these days..... please god the sickness will pass soon for you

History queen not feeling great myself. Bump seems to have exploded, wrecked tired and bad migraines the last few days. Presume it’s just a growth spurt. Longing for the weekend.

Honestly mileem you’re a wealth of information, we’re v lucky to have you on here with us!

Counting down the days til the anomaly scan here!!

• Registered Users Posts: 154 ✭✭plasticheart

How is everyone doing?

I had a bit of a bug last weekend and I'm only starting to feel back to normal now. I'm still really tired though. Bump is starting to show a little I think, clothes are definitely tighter. I have a scan next week which I'm looking forward to, feels like a long time since the last one and I can do with the reassurance :)

Just wondering is anyone else here a first timer like myself?

• Advertisement

How is everybody keeping? Anxiety levels pretty high here wrt the ongoing crisis. Had to ban my family visiting me, as they are still out and about, even going to v busy pubs. I worry for myself and unborn baby as well as them. I don’t think the seriousness of it all has hit them just yet and I’m a bit disappointed in them tbh. I’m pretty much housebound and/or going to quieter local places for bite to eat to try and support them once in a while.

I know a good few of us on here are teachers, hope the online teaching is going ok for you all. So far, so good here but I can’t see us going back before Easter hols somehow....

Plasticheart I’m a ftm too, completely green to it all!

ahaaha wrote: »
    How is everybody keeping? Anxiety levels pretty high here wrt the ongoing crisis. Had to ban my family visiting me, as they are still out and about, even going to v busy pubs. I worry for myself and unborn baby as well as them. I don’t think the seriousness of it all has hit them just yet and I’m a bit disappointed in them tbh. I’m pretty much housebound and/or going to quieter local places for bite to eat to try and support them once in a while.

I know a good few of us on here are teachers, hope the online teaching is going ok for you all. So far, so good here but I can’t see us going back before Easter hols somehow....

Plasticheart I’m a ftm too, completely green to it all!

Agree with you regarding family reaction to Covid. On a related topic has anyone had issues/guidance regarding their remaining appointments? I rang my GP today (6times!) to try book in my 20 week appointment (I'll be 20 weeks Friday)or find out if they want me to still come in for it at all and couldn't get through.

Of course I absolutely appreciate they are stretched with current crisis and public holiday tomorrow probably means loads of people were trying to get there today. I'll try again Wednesday, just thought I'd ask here in the meantime in case anyone was given advice one way or the other.

Agree with you regarding family reaction to Covid. On a related topic has anyone had issues/guidance regarding their remaining appointments? I rang my GP today (6times!) to try book in my 20 week appointment (I'll be 20 weeks Friday)or find out if they want me to still come in for it at all and couldn't get through.

Of course I absolutely appreciate they are stretched with current crisis and public holiday tomorrow probably means loads of people were trying to get there today. I'll try again Wednesday, just thought I'd ask here in the meantime in case anyone was given advice one way or the other.

I rang gp to cancel whooping cough vaccine. I am in no rush to get it!

I have my 20 week scan over Easter holidays....no partners allowed according to the website.

I rang gp to cancel whooping cough vaccine. I am in no rush to get it!

I have my 20 week scan over Easter holidays....no partners allowed according to the website.

I don't get a 20 week scan as I'm going to Limerick. Just a GP visit. I'm not back in hospital again until May, was last seen for my booking appointment at 13 weeks.

I’m up in cumh this week to meet my consultant, husband not allowed in and like you mileem I’ve 20 week scan mid April. Scared about going to the epicentre of it all down south and I wish I could have had both in the one day.

I’m also delaying my whooping cough vaccine or failing that will ask nurse to pop out to my car to give it to me as opposed to going to clinic.

HistoryQueen I can imagine gps were overrun today, I can also imagine you are eager to get checked seeing as you don’t get a 20 week scan, keep trying them, you’ll get an answer soon enough hopefully. Pregnancy appointments must continue on surely one would imagine .... all of our appointments will start picking up over the next few weeks, I do feel really sorry for us all to be in this unknown state but pray we can all keep safe and sane in the meantime

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 207 ✭✭venusdoom

I'm also panicking. I know a friend has her anomoly scan next week and she cannot take her partner. I'm due mine mid April and I'm sure it will be the same. Also supposed to be going fot the glucose test and I wouldn't mind if that was cancelled. I was looking at the HSE site and they advice pregnant women with a high temp to contact your GP or midwife.

Girls the big one will be if we can not have OHs after the birth :(

• Registered Users Posts: 207 ✭✭venusdoom

It'll be hard to call. Friend gave birth on Wed morn, her husband was there until evening and she left the next afternoon so he only collected her. I'll be happy with himself there during the Labour. Hopefully by August, things will be returning back somewhat to normality.

I don't get a 20 week scan as I'm going to Limerick. Just a GP visit. I'm not back in hospital again until May, was last seen for my booking appointment at 13 weeks.

^just an update to the above. Eventually got through to my GP yesterday evening, he said he's not going to see me this week as feels things are too dangerous to be bringing me in at the moment and said he'd be in contact about next week. He didn't expand any more than that.

In other news my sister in law who is 11 weeks pregnant just got appointment letter for her first scan , they don't want to bring her in til she's 18 weeks! Surely that is far far too late for a first scan!

Girls has anyone had their anomaly scan? If so did you wear a mask or gloves? Mine is in 2 weeks.
    I am seriously considering ordering some gloves and masks for it.
    Not jumping for joy being so close to someone for a good half an hour then see my consultant straight after it.

Girls has anyone had their anomaly scan? If so did you wear a mask or gloves? Mine is in 2 weeks.
    I am seriously considering ordering some gloves and masks for it.
    Not jumping for joy being so close to someone for a good half an hour then see my consultant straight after it.

I don't get an anomoly scan as I am in Limerick but tbh I'd be thinking the sonographer would be masked up etc. I would obviously observe good hand hygiene etc but I'm not confident that I can competently apply amd remove a mask/gloves without cross contamination so I'd probably skip it. That's just me. Do what you feel is best.

I don't get an anomoly scan as I am in Limerick but tbh I'd be thinking the sonographer would be masked up etc. I would obviously observe good hand hygiene etc but I'm not confident that I can competently apply amd remove a mask/gloves without cross contamination so I'd probably skip it. That's just me. Do what you feel is best.

I don’t have any would have to order some! I have been trying to stay in but did go to the shops yesterday at 8am and all the shoppers seemed to have them on!!!

I don’t have any would have to order some! I have been trying to stay in but did go to the shops yesterday at 8am and all the shoppers seemed to have them on!!!

Really? I haven't been out and about since last weekend so I'm probably way behind.... still I feel I'd run the risk of giving myself a false sense of security and would end up being more of a danger to myself. I've antibacterial wipes(not even sure they'll work against virus but they won't hurt) in car (to wipe trolly handle/car handles/steering wheel/handbag/phone/cards/wallet) and hand sanatiser and disposable gloves for using petrol pump. That's what works for me. Whether it is actually effective or not is another story.

Really? I haven't been out and about since last weekend so I'm probably way behind.... still I feel I'd run the risk of giving myself a false sense of security and would end up being more of a danger to myself. I've antibacterial wipes(not even sure they'll work against virus but they won't hurt) in car (to wipe trolly handle/car handles/steering wheel/handbag/phone/cards/wallet) and hand sanatiser and disposable gloves for using petrol pump. That's what works for me. Whether it is actually effective or not is another story.

Yes! I do my shopping online with Tesco but I couldn’t get a delivery for 10 days!! I have been sending my husband out to the local shop for milk as my neighbours have told me you need to queue for Tesco etc.

Anyway I decided the other morning to at 8am to SuperValu straight after what I thought was the “elderly hour”.

Literally all the shoppers had masks and gloves on. The store staff just had gloves.

I had nothing!! It turns out it is not an “elderly hour” it is a “vulnerable people” hour....the lady in the shop said pregnant women can go to it.

I didn’t want to take a trolley because of germs even though they had wipes but I also didn’t want to get stuck behind someone with it! So I whizzed around with an empty box!!!

I have put gloves into my Tesco order but they are probably sold out :( I saw on living social or one of those they had masks and gloves.....might order a few.

You shouldn’t touch your face when wearing them. I saw people take off the gloves and mask just outside shop and put in bin. But you can get washable masks.

My mum said she has been wrapping a big scarf around her face and wearing gloves to the shop!!!

Anyway please God it will be over soon.

• Registered Users Posts: 273 ✭✭rosiem

20 weeks today and have big scan on 2nd April am very concerned as it is in midwife clinic in a hospital with several confirmed cases so I have gotten a mask and gloves just for that day but also very nervous about attending alone I get nervous enough that all will be ok and keep imagining getting some bad news alone my anxiety is all over the place. It’s not the lovely pregnancy I dreamed of hopefully all this will pass soon.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 273 ✭✭rosiem

Yes! I do my shopping online with Tesco but I couldn’t get a delivery for 10 days!! I have been sending my husband out to the local shop for milk as my neighbours have told me you need to queue for Tesco etc.

Anyway I decided the other morning to at 8am to SuperValu straight after what I thought was the “elderly hour”.

Literally all the shoppers had masks and gloves on. The store staff just had gloves.

I had nothing!! It turns out it is not an “elderly hour” it is a “vulnerable people” hour....the lady in the shop said pregnant women can go to it.

I didn’t want to take a trolley because of germs even though they had wipes but I also didn’t want to get stuck behind someone with it! So I whizzed around with an empty box!!!

I have put gloves into my Tesco order but they are probably sold out :( I saw on living social or one of those they had masks and gloves.....might order a few.

You shouldn’t touch your face when wearing them. I saw people take off the gloves and mask just outside shop and put in bin. But you can get washable masks.

My mum said she has been wrapping a big scarf around her face and wearing gloves to the shop!!!

Anyway please God it will be over soon.

For the milk I signed up to my milkman.ie last week no need to pop to shops pay online and he drops on doorstep you can change the amount needed at any time and they have extras you can order like yoghurts, eggs etc it’s a brilliant service and I will definitely keep using even after all this is over

rosiem wrote: »
    20 weeks today and have big scan on 2nd April am very concerned as it is in midwife clinic in a hospital with several confirmed cases so I have gotten a mask and gloves just for that day but also very nervous about attending alone I get nervous enough that all will be ok and keep imagining getting some bad news alone my anxiety is all over the place. It’s not the lovely pregnancy I dreamed of hopefully all this will pass soon.

You have convinced me now....going to order the masks and gloves! Mine is 7th April!

I got myself into knots just before the anomaly scan on my two kids. Try not to worry statistics are in your favour!!! I just keep telling myself that :)

This time I got the panorama test at 10 weeks because it was one less thing to worry about. I haven’t really being thinking if my anomaly scan....more worried about this coronavirus!!!

I am a stress head whereas my husband is very calm and laid back. I would prefer if he was there with me. The consultant is super laid back and very calm too.
    So I am glad I am seeing him straight after the scan.

Once it is over you can relax and try and enjoy the rest of the pregnancy:)

I had apt with consultant in cumh during the week including quick scan. I didn’t sleep a wink the night before with the worry for both the virus and the pregnancy progression. Anyway here’s my update.....No staff wearing gloves or masks. Patients all sitting 3 seats apart from each other and no partners allowed. Doc said many appointments will soon be moved to external premises out of the hospital...... Out of the twenty or so patients I saw, only two were wearing masks and gloves. I just kept sanitising my hands for the 1.5hrs I was in there and I must admit I couldn’t wait to get out of the place....

I’m extremely anxious like you all, my husband is still working and I’m petrified he’ll bring it home to me or that I’ve brought it back from the hospital and in turn he is now infecting people. I’m so worried of preterm labour if infected, it’s been a long long road involving double digits ivf cycles to get this pregnancy and I’d have been worried about it anyway, but this is a whole new ball game.

Having said that, wrt masks, the ones that actually do work (Many that people wear do not work at all) have to be fitted perfectly to your face with absolutely no gaps in order to be efficient. I’m also not looking forward to the anomaly scan and being so close to someone in a hospital that has had so many cases, but I reckon a scarf is as good as anything available tbh. That and hand sanitiser.

ahaaha wrote: »
    I had apt with consultant in cumh during the week including quick scan. I didn’t sleep a wink the night before with the worry for both the virus and the pregnancy progression. Anyway here’s my update.....No staff wearing gloves or masks. Patients all sitting 3 seats apart from each other and no partners allowed. Doc said many appointments will soon be moved to external premises out of the hospital...... Out of the twenty or so patients I saw, only two were wearing masks and gloves. I just kept sanitising my hands for the 1.5hrs I was in there and I must admit I couldn’t wait to get out of the place....

I’m extremely anxious like you all, my husband is still working and I’m petrified he’ll bring it home to me or that I’ve brought it back from the hospital and in turn he is now infecting people. I’m so worried of preterm labour if infected, it’s been a long long road involving double digits ivf cycles to get this pregnancy and I’d have been worried about it anyway, but this is a whole new ball game.

Having said that, wrt masks, the ones that actually do work (Many that people wear do not work at all) have to be fitted perfectly to your face with absolutely no gaps in order to be efficient. I’m also not looking forward to the anomaly scan and being so close to someone in a hospital that has had so many cases, but I reckon a scarf is as good as anything available tbh. That and hand sanitiser.

I don’t have any hand santizer :( luckily my appointments are not in the main hospital.....they are in a separate building/clinic at the back. I might actually just wait outside until I am called!!!!
    God only knows what the situation will be like in 2 weeks!

Luckily myself and my husband are both working from home. My two kids have been sick the last week.....high temperatures, coughs and snots galore! They are not sleeping great. It’s musical beds here most nights!!! So working from home has been very hard.

Can’t see schools being open anytime soon!

• Registered Users Posts: 3,818 ✭✭✭jlm29

I got hand sanitiser during the week from beauty basket.ie, it arrived super quick via Dpd. I just checked and it’s still in stock. Get the calypso one rather than the germ buster one, the germ buster one doesn’t say on the bottle how much alcohol is in it, the other one says it’s 70g in 100g on the bottle (no info re this on the website, it was very annoying!)

jlm29 wrote: »
    I got hand sanitiser during the week from beauty basket.ie, it arrived super quick via Dpd. I just checked and it’s still in stock. Get the calypso one rather than the germ buster one, the germ buster one doesn’t say on the bottle how much alcohol is in it, the other one says it’s 70g in 100g on the bottle (no info re this on the website, it was very annoying!)

My local SuperValu was holding me hand santizer but when I got there it was the alcohol free one! I think it is the germ buster one!

Saw this picture on Twitter....a waiting room in my hospital....doesn’t look like the seats are 2 metres apart???
    I think I will just wait in their garden ;)

• Registered Users Posts: 154 ✭✭plasticheart

I was Holles St semi private clinic last week. My husband wasn't allowed in but the waiting room was packed as was the corridor outside the consultant offices. There was barely a few inches between patients, never mind two metres. I don't know what the solution is, or if there is one, bar cancelling appointments? But I was on edge the whole time I was there, it was very unnerving.

I was Holles St semi private clinic last week. My husband wasn't allowed in but the waiting room was packed as was the corridor outside the consultant offices. There was barely a few inches between patients, never mind two metres. I don't know what the solution is, or if there is one, bar cancelling appointments? But I was on edge the whole time I was there, it was very unnerving.

That is crazy! I usually see my consultant on a Friday he is never busy maybe just 1 or 2 others in the waiting room and they might be for someone else?
    This time I will be seeing him on a Tuesday so not sure what other consultants work those days but if Sharon Cooley is there I bet it will be jammers!!! ;)

If all is going well with this pregnancy I wouldn’t mind stretching out the appointments a bit by a week or so. I didn’t bother going to him at 16 weeks....too hectic with all this going on.

• Registered Users Posts: 144 ✭✭Plum Pud

Hi ladies, hope ye don't mind me hoping over from the September thread... I've got my anomoly scan the end of April and know my husband won't be able to attend it but I was wondering if anyone has had theirs or due to have theirs soon of your planning on asking the sonographer if you can record any of it? My husband would be delighted with just a short couple of seconds recorded to hear the heartbeat but I'm just not sure if they'll list the no mobile rule for even that

• Advertisement

Plum Pud wrote: »
    Hi ladies, hope ye don't mind me hoping over from the September thread... I've got my anomoly scan the end of April and know my husband won't be able to attend it but I was wondering if anyone has had theirs or due to have theirs soon of your planning on asking the sonographer if you can record any of it? My husband would be delighted with just a short couple of seconds recorded to hear the heartbeat but I'm just not sure if they'll list the no mobile rule for even that

I think I heard either the master of the rotunda or the master of holles street say you can record it!
    For my last baby they did a 3D and 4d for us at the end :)

Advertisement