Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Fake watch busters

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,775 ✭✭✭Lorddrakul

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,155 ✭✭✭StereoSound

Lorddrakul wrote: »

At €40 he isnt claiming it to be real or anything.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,383 ✭✭✭Higgins5473

Again €40, I pointed this out in another post, it’s not someone trying to sell a fake as authentic. It’s someone selling some piece of **** fake as a fake and charging fake prices for it.

Kind of missing the point.

No fakes are tolerated on Adverts. Doesn't matter how they are described, they are entirely proscribed.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,383 ✭✭✭Higgins5473

Kind of missing the point.

No fakes are tolerated on Adverts. Doesn't matter how they are described, they are entirely proscribed.

Get on to adverts then

Get on to adverts then

Oh, I've a feeling it won't last long...

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,357 ✭✭✭✭Birneybau

Oh, I've a feeling it won't last long...

'Last as taken down for some reason'

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,149 ✭✭✭893bet

Get on to adverts then

Why do pedestrians keep wandering into this thread with out actually reading the thread..........

Please read as the thread from start to finish and you will understand the purpose of this thread......then you oh will see there are multiple moderators of adverts.ie on this forum (remember when adverts.ie was actually part of boards??) and they remove adds based on this thread often.

Hardly that complicated to understand and funny enough we are aware that the seller is not presenting the watch as real. That’s pretty ****ing obvious.

Again €40, I pointed this out in another post, it’s not someone trying to sell a fake as authentic. It’s someone selling some piece of **** fake as a fake and charging fake prices for it.

Your three posts on this forum have been whinging about this thread.

Anything positive to contribute or are you just another “hurler on the ditch”?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,609 ✭✭✭adam88

OmegaGene wrote: »
    The fake tag heuer card I pointed out has been bought and added to a watch
    People think fake items going cheap isn’t important but in the wrong adds they can add false value

https://www.adverts.ie/22035900

Is the watch fake ?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,155 ✭✭✭T-Maxx

That fake warranty card was shocking and worse in my opinion than selling a fake sh!tter. Apart from completing a "full set" it's only other purpose is to enable someone to commit fraud.

Assume seller doesn’t even realise.

The card
    Was reported the fake card, I then posted here about it when I saw the seller was trying to buy a blank warranty card from the seller called sprocket, the seller probably doesn’t know but now the buyer will be stuck with a fake card
    If the card was removed last week it could have been avoided

Agree 100 percent. I was just pointing out that a fake piece can enter the market and then suddenly the new seller and buyer are both unaware.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,553 ✭✭✭Fitz II

This is why a zero tolerance policy is critical, even when you calling 50 euro fakes out, and the harpies are laughing at the effort. That Tag with its box and papers now makes an appealing purchase to some unsuspecting buyer.

Agree. I flagged it on the add.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 16,932 ✭✭✭✭banie01

No just the warranty card and I reported it in adverts and here but it was a waste of time obviously

Good spot by Omega Gene and nicely put to him 893.

The whole point of a "full set" is the extra security it brings to your big buck buy.
    A full set also bumps the price.
    This seller adding the fake warranty card to his set is a means of artificially inflating the price and of making the watch appear more desirable versus a non-full set.

He ain’t listening.

I predict...

1) my comments are removed

Or

2) he withdraws and realists with the same card again.

So what are the tell tale signs Omega? Bar the colour being a long way from black?

He ain’t listening

• Advertisement

Looks like the penny finally dropped regarding the fake card

It's a pity he got caught for the card but it's refreshing to see some honesty on the ad and a mea culpa and good will gesture.

banie01 wrote: »
    It's a pity he got caught for the card but it's refreshing to see some honesty on the ad and a mea culpa and good will gesture.

He was forced into it.

Most people would have removed immediately but he tried to tough it out.

893bet wrote: »
    He was forced into it.

Most people would have removed immediately but he tried to tough it out.

Of course, I don't doubt it. He had his eyes opened for him ;)
    I think removing and relisting the watch could have possibly looked dodgier than holding his hands up.

The Rolex in this box of stuff is fake, date is off and the cyclops doesn't magnify.
    https://www.adverts.ie/casual/selection-of-watches/22283171?notification=61a16d2b96af661f831cb46f4b310d7b-1606487121

2 dealers on them straight away
    tut tut

What were the asking prices?

I lol hard at the “dealers” who this in the hope one of the watches is real. Says a lot about the “dealer”.

• Advertisement

Sorry I didnt grab the screen guys, its gone now. It was a not the worst fake, but the text on the date was not aligned, cyclops did nothing and it was in a box of ****ters.

I suppose the "dealers" get lucky one in 50 times and get a bargain

We missed this beauty on adverts for 550 euro, seller claim its not fake.....good one.

Screenshot-2020-11-28-112202.png
    Screenshot-2020-11-28-112219.png

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,329 ✭✭✭Homer

Aye I was up early this morning zapping a couple of eye wateringly bad fakes!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,560 ✭✭✭Squeeonline

893bet wrote: »
    What were the asking prices?

I lol hard at the “dealers” who this in the hope one of the watches is real. Says a lot about the “dealer”.

I have seen spare/loose authentic Rolex links going for more than that whole watch.

Caught this one this morning. I suppose it was listed for €5 but good lord...

FyOxgs.md.jpg

• Advertisement

I seen that......u left out the best part.....the 3 euro offer

DF6-BA7-B9-51-D9-4954-B2-F9-94691-F72-F54-B.png

Homer wrote: »
    Caught this one this morning. I suppose it was listed for €5 but good lord...

FyOxgs.md.jpg

But doesn't everyone want an Oyster Perpetual Cosmosraph (tm)?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,918 ✭✭✭hitemfrank

But doesn't everyone want an Oyster Perpetual Cosmosraph (tm)?

Only if it comes with a second Rolex logo at a jaunty angle on the dial.

hitemfrank wrote: »
    Only if it comes with a second Rolex logo at a jaunty angle on the dial.

Maybe that extra crown is indicating the sidereal time offset, about 3 minutes a day.:pac::pac:...that watch is quite a thing alright.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,012 ✭✭✭njburke

I like the crown logo at an angle, kinda like a cocked hat, jaunty indeed.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,110 ✭✭✭Thirdfox

It's a rolex watch with three crowns... should have called it a Daytona :D

Thirdfox wrote: »
    It's a rolex watch with three crowns... should have called it a Daytona :D

Daytona has 5 Crowns and one cock (wearing it)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 33,989 ✭✭✭✭NIMAN

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 33,989 ✭✭✭✭NIMAN

Seller in Armagh with 3 very cheap Tag's

https://www.donedeal.ie/all?userId=480046

they need flushing but for some reason fake gear is allowed on dung deal

Given the cross site cooperation between Dung Deal and Adverts, I am surprised that this is still allowed.

• Advertisement

Ah OK, didn't know that.

Doubly surprising then, given the strict policy on Adverts.

Perhaps it is a long transition.

With all the recent seizures of counterfeit materials, including watches, I'm surprised that this persists.

I have no mod powers on donedeal just adverts.ie FWIW so cant help!

Use the force Homer use the force

The forks?

Birneybau wrote: »
    The forks?

d6dfybw-1bb2ef23-d685-41b8-a8ba-f11d68667ec1.jpg?token=eyJ0eXAiOiJKV1QiLCJhbGciOiJIUzI1NiJ9.eyJzdWIiOiJ1cm46YXBwOiIsImlzcyI6InVybjphcHA6Iiwib2JqIjpbW3sicGF0aCI6IlwvZlwvN2UyYzVlZmEtMmE3NC00NDI4LWFlYTYtMDY2YzJkMTlkNWEyXC9kNmRmeWJ3LTFiYjJlZjIzLWQ2ODUtNDFiOC1hOGJhLWYxMWQ2ODY2N2VjMS5qcGcifV1dLCJhdWQiOlsidXJuOnNlcnZpY2U6ZmlsZS5kb3dubG9hZCJdfQ.0_5Pi2TnALelQItpTXyjLdes8TRMFbOGYAhdsmwd_mY

d6dfybw-1bb2ef23-d685-41b8-a8ba-f11d68667ec1.jpg?token=eyJ0eXAiOiJKV1QiLCJhbGciOiJIUzI1NiJ9.eyJzdWIiOiJ1cm46YXBwOiIsImlzcyI6InVybjphcHA6Iiwib2JqIjpbW3sicGF0aCI6IlwvZlwvN2UyYzVlZmEtMmE3NC00NDI4LWFlYTYtMDY2YzJkMTlkNWEyXC9kNmRmeWJ3LTFiYjJlZjIzLWQ2ODUtNDFiOC1hOGJhLWYxMWQ2ODY2N2VjMS5qcGcifV1dLCJhdWQiOlsidXJuOnNlcnZpY2U6ZmlsZS5kb3dubG9hZCJdfQ.0_5Pi2TnALelQItpTXyjLdes8TRMFbOGYAhdsmwd_mY

This is what I was referring to

https://youtu.be/hiX9nbI56DI

• Moderators Posts: 6,870 ✭✭✭Spocker

Already gone (it wasn't me)

1 seller with 2 stinkers that need to be nuked

https://www.adverts.ie/22465375

https://www.adverts.ie/22465360

Gone

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 65,708 ✭✭✭✭unkel
    Chauffe, Marcel, chauffe!

Question for the adverts mods. Whenever I (or anyone else in here) report an adverts ad with a fake watch in it, you guys are usually super quick to intervene and remove the ad. Kudos for that!

However when I report an ad for another reason, like "not marked as sold", most of the time nothing happens. From a user's point of view, the latter is extremely annoying and frustrating. You search for something, find it, read the description and the full bidding history, only to find out it is sold already. Why do you guys refuse to mark an ad as sold when you are made aware that it is sold?

• Advertisement

unkel wrote: »
    Question for the adverts mods. Whenever I (or anyone else in here) report an adverts ad with a fake watch in it, you guys are usually super quick to intervene and remove the ad. Kudos for that!

However when I report an ad for another reason, like "not marked as sold", most of the time nothing happens. From a user's point of view, the latter is extremely annoying and frustrating. You search for something, find it, read the description and the full bidding history, only to find out it is sold already. Why do you guys refuse to mark an ad as sold when you are made aware that it is sold?

Great questions, let me try and answer:

Something fake usually has some form of a legality breach behind it, and all fakes (not just watches) are treated equally - nuked on sight. Occasionally we make a mistake, and always have the option to put an ad back if we need to.

Regarding reports, theres lots (and lots, and lots) of reasons why people report an ad, and those reports end up in a big queue. Someone has to eyeball the reports, and decide if they need action or not - some need action straight away, and some don't. As a volunteer mod I do have access to the report queue, but I leave that to the Adverts staff to deal with, as they see fit. Sometimes that may mean a report is just closed. It's not up to me to mark an ad as sold, thats the sellers job.

While I'm at it, it's worth mentioning that occasionally we (the volunteer mods) may occasionally go against the 'grain' of an opinion, but that'll be because it's not my site, I'm not the boss, I only help out :D

Advertisement