Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

April 2020 Babies club

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 17,679 ✭✭✭✭Mantis Toboggan

Pocos wrote: »
    Hi mantis does your little one sleep all night then after going to sleep at 7pm?

I wish, usually get out of bed at 7am but in between would be 2 feeds and multiple wakes, some nights more that others.

Free Palestine 🇵🇸

• Registered Users Posts: 336 ✭✭Pocos

I wish, usually get out of bed at 7am but in between would be 2 feeds and multiple wakes, some nights more that others.

Ah ok! Was just wondering!

We were getting 9pm until 5/6am there for a good few nights but last two nights were 3/4am wake up for feed! I really hope we aren’t seeing the beginning of the 4 month regression :(

• Registered Users Posts: 17,679 ✭✭✭✭Mantis Toboggan

Pocos wrote: »
    Ah ok! Was just wondering!

We were getting 9pm until 5/6am there for a good few nights but last two nights were 3/4am wake up for feed! I really hope we aren’t seeing the beginning of the 4 month regression :(

Since my last post we've actually eliminated the night feed, so he's fed at 22.30 and then nothing until 7am. He's been fine with it strangely. Still not sleeping great, he does lots of head turning and kicking in his sleep and is usually awake from 6am.

Lack of sleep is a real killer, i'm looking forward to this baby stage being over.

Free Palestine 🇵🇸

• Registered Users Posts: 676 ✭✭✭Nickibaby*

Wow you guys seem to be getting really good stretches there my little guy is still waking twice a night for feeds but luckily just for 10 minutes at a time so I'm still getting sleep and can't complain. He's also napping 3 times per day for sometime an hour or sometimes 2 or 3 hours!

If going back to work when is everyone thinking of going back? I was just speaking with the creche today and I'm thinking November they are very good at keeping the place available until I want to send him

• Registered Users Posts: 4,514 ✭✭✭bee06

Nickibaby* wrote: »
    Wow you guys seem to be getting really good stretches there my little guy is still waking twice a night for feeds but luckily just for 10 minutes at a time so I'm still getting sleep and can't complain. He's also napping 3 times per day for sometime an hour or sometimes 2 or 3 hours!

If going back to work when is everyone thinking of going back? I was just speaking with the creche today and I'm thinking November they are very good at keeping the place available until I want to send him

If it’s any consolation my girl is waking every 2 hours or sometimes every hour. The last 3 nights she won’t sleep in the cosleeper. Hoping it’s the full moon!

I’m taking a year off so back next March.

• Advertisement

bee06 wrote: »
    If it’s any consolation my girl is waking every 2 hours or sometimes every hour. The last 3 nights she won’t sleep in the cosleeper. Hoping it’s the full moon!

I’m taking a year off so back next March.

Oh fingers crossed she goes down for you today. Could be the 4 month sleep regression!

Oh fingers crossed she goes down for you today. Could be the 4 month sleep regression!

Oh, we’ve been dealing with the 4 month sleep regression for a while! The last couple of nights have stepped it up a notch!

bee06 wrote: »
    Oh, we’ve been dealing with the 4 month sleep regression for a while! The last couple of nights have stepped it up a notch!

I think it's the last of the full moon tonight!

I find the nights I give baby a bath before bed I get a good long stretch of sleep out of him. I'm sure you've tried everything already though!

• Registered Users Posts: 236 ✭✭Sprites

If your baby is a crap sleeper do you get a free pass on the four month sleep regression??!!

My guy still wakes 3 to 4 times a night to feed so I dont think there's much room for regression lol!!

Trying to decide here when to return to work. My mat leave runs out the beginning of October. Fairly sure this is the last baby (we only have two!!) so thinking I should take as much as I can afford as won't be seeing a break as long as this until retirement!

Hi all,

Sorry to hear about the poor sleepers! We had the 4 month vaccinations on Tuesday so sleep has been poor past two nights! But will come back again hopefully! Nothing set in stone with babies eh?

Same as another poster said I’m hoping to take a year off! Second baby and the first year actually flies! 2 year old back in crèche in September so hoping to spend some proper time with baby number 2! She’s so ignored usually so a bit of one on one will be lovely come September :)

Yes the sleep deprivation is something else! Hard to function and once you start getting sleep back it’s hard to go back to zero sleep..
    as I am experiencing here today :(

• Advertisement

I hope your little one settles down quickly after the vaccinations Pocos. Still a couple of weeks to go before my little one gets his - something to look forward to!... Not!!

He rolled from back to tummy and tummy to back yesterday and was so chuffed with himself he decided to wake every couple of hours last night to practice! Thankfully he's down for a nice long nap this morning while I get coffee into me!

Baby had his vaccinations and ended up in a & e as his temperature got so low! He's on the mend now thankfully these vaccinations can be so hard on them apparently the Men B injection is the worst!

Baby had his vaccinations and ended up in a & e as his temperature got so low! He's on the mend now thankfully these vaccinations can be so hard on them apparently the Men B injection is the worst!

Nickibaby so sorry to hear this! temperature so low, I didn’t even think too low a temperature was a thing with vaccinations.

Did they say why your LO reacted like that?
    Thanks god he’s on the mend now a big fright I’m sure for ye

I know I didn't even think low temperature would be a thing I was only checking that he didn't have a high temperature.

He is still very pale and off form 5 days later, the doctor said the danger period has passed and probably won't be right for 7 days poor baba!

I know I didn't even think low temperature would be a thing I was only checking that he didn't have a high temperature.

He is still very pale and off form 5 days later, the doctor said the danger period has passed and probably won't be right for 7 days poor baba!

The poor baba is right! God it’s so hard to see them when they are sick! At least that’s the last Men B one isn’t it? So there won’t be a reaction the next time please god

How is everyone getting on? Anyone start food yet? Won’t start food until the 26 weeks! Not in any rush

Little one is 21 weeks and is really taking off with the moving, shuffling backwards on her back! Can roll both ways but doesn’t seem to be bothered doin it! Loves moving though! The nappy changes are trying at times as she shuffles up the changing mat :)

Not started solids here yet either will be waiting for awhile. He is weighing 20 pounds so big baba but giving him more milk for the moment.

Tell me about the shuffling on the mat doing nappy changes he just wants to roll over constantly. He can roll both ways too and I can't put him down after food or he keeps rolling and makes himself a little sick. He probably gets dizzy! :) finally he seems more back to himself today.

I think they have to get the men b again at 12 months but he will be a lot stronger by then so hopefully won't take as much out of him next time fingers crossed

Thinking of moving to a more lightweight stroller soon baba is getting more curious looking around.

Has anyone suggestions? The baby zen yoyo seems good but it's pricey so not sure I want to fork out if it's not really good

Thinking of moving to a more lightweight stroller soon baba is getting more curious looking around.

Has anyone suggestions? The baby zen yoyo seems good but it's pricey so not sure I want to fork out if it's not really good

We have the silver cross zest. It has a higher weight limit than a lot so the idea was we could use it for both kids if needed but my 2.5 year old won’t go near a buggy any more.

I checked that one out its great it does then up to 22kg. Most are up to 15kg. Our little guy is almost 9kg already so it's definitely something I ought to think about

• Administrators Posts: 53,401 Admin ✭✭✭✭✭awec

I checked that one out its great it does then up to 22kg. Most are up to 15kg. Our little guy is almost 9kg already so it's definitely something I ought to think about

The weight gain will slow down a lot around 6 months and then even more at 12. It will be ages before your little lad is 15kg, probably not until he's 2 or 3.

• Advertisement

awec wrote: »
    The weight gain will slow down a lot around 6 months and then even more at 12. It will be ages before your little lad is 15kg, probably not until he's 2 or 3.
    That's really good to know, for my arms and my back 😂👍

So how is everyone getting on with solids? I know some won't have started yet.

We started last week, I really want to go down the BLW route but he just cannot bring food from hand to mouth. He brings everything else from hand to mouth, just not food lol!

Am trying to be patient with it but in the back of my mind is that his iron store is pretty much depleted now and we are EBF so I'll need to get something into him which is making me consider offering some purees too and spoon feeding him.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,034 ✭✭✭chases0102

Any tips/hnts on how to introduce a bottle?!?! My wife has been EBF, and we have introduced solids for the last 2 weeks - going really well, she likes some,doesn't like others, but the fact that she is teething MAD means that I think this is going as well as I could have hoped for!

But yes, the bottle....I really want to be able to give her a bottle, but meeting fierce resistance...Has anyone any tips?

chases0102 wrote: »
    Any tips/hnts on how to introduce a bottle?!?! My wife has been EBF, and we have introduced solids for the last 2 weeks - going really well, she likes some,doesn't like others, but the fact that she is teething MAD means that I think this is going as well as I could have hoped for!

But yes, the bottle....I really want to be able to give her a bottle, but meeting fierce resistance...Has anyone any tips?

Use a cup. You’ll just have to wean off the bottle in 6 months anyway.

• Registered Users Posts: 68 ✭✭Dahdum

chases0102 wrote: »

I second the cup. I gave it to him empty for a week or so to play around with - hold, swing, throw etc. Last week had him try sipping without any force and this week.... when he figured what it did he’s been happy out. Now he’s not drinking from it as such, kind of letting it drip into his mouth but it’s progress. As previous poster said, you’ll have to wean from the bottle anyway so it’ll save you that.

We started solids 3 weeks ago it was slow at the start as he just wanted to grab the spoon.

Now he's having 3 meals per day porridge & fruit in the morning then he'll have a snack Ella's kitchen puffs he has mastered eating them himself very well it's amazing to see. He will have bolonese or chicken/vegetable dinner around dinner time then he'll have baby rice in the evening. I stopped breastfeeding when I started solids, I had started combination feeding prior. He still has 5 bottles per day he doesn't always finish then but I add the formula to the porridge and baby rice so he's getting the formula into him.

I use the nibbler too and put different fruits banana, strawberry or avocado into it. He just sucks it a little I think it's good for teething too as nice and cool

Just wondering if anyone has moved on to using a forward facing stroller yet? Baby is getting so so nosey lately so thinking of trying it

Hey how's everyone getting along? How is the sleeping going?

My little guy still waking during the night. He goes down from 7pm to 7am but still waking at 4am and I give him a bottle, just wondering whether to cut this out? I think it's becoming a habit more than anything..

My little guy still waking during the night. He goes down from 7pm to 7am but still waking at 4am and I give him a bottle, just wondering whether to cut this out? I think it's becoming a habit more than anything..

You could definitely try settling him without the bottle and if it works, brilliant. I'm all about the easy way out though and if a bottle means less crying and a quicker route back to sleep I'd keep it! He could certainly be a little hungry/thirsty after a 9 hour stretch. Did you ever try a dream feed when you are going to bed to see if that would see him through until 7am? I haven't ever done a dream feed myself and maybe 6/7 months is a bit late to introduce one??

We do approx 7.30pm to 7am with minimum 3 night feeds in between. And he has taken to solids great so I don't know what i can do to fill him up during the day. I am exhausted and facing a return to work in early December!

• Advertisement

Hello, our little one is a little all over the place! We had been getting one or two 8 till 7am lately but she’s not napping as well so she’s going to bed at 7 now and is lasting until 5/6 ish! Which to be fair is 11 hours! Some mornings she settles back and sometimes she needs a feed! So I could leave her try settle herself for about 10/15 mins before heading in! Now she doesn’t cry just giving out and trying to get comfortable.. I don’t let her cry for the 15 mins if that makes sense!! She then lasts till about 7.30- 8 but I’d say would go longer but with us getting up and making noise in the house we disturb her!

She’s been a bit funny at night sometimes waking after an hour and just needs a cuddle and settles back at about 9pm?! Anyone know why that might be??

But generally can’t complain about sleep from our end!
    Now if I could sort the two year old out we’d be flying ;)

Advertisement