Boards.ie uses cookies. By continuing to browse this site you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Click here to find out more x

18-10-2019, 12:55   #181
Boggles

Quote:
Originally Posted by atticu View Post
That is a absolute huge claim and the least you can do if you are promoting this, is to offer some sort of evidence of your claim.
https://statbank.cso.ie/px/pxeiresta...09&PLanguage=0

Knock yourself out.

Quote:
Have you informed the government and the homeless charities about your ‘solution to homelessness’?
They all ready know.

https://pmvtrust.ie/housing/empty-homes/

Your welcome.
Thanks from:
Advertisement
18-10-2019, 13:04   #182
atticu

Quote:
Originally Posted by Boggles View Post
For a moment I thought you had tried to back up your opinion, but no, just a link to the Central Statistics Office and a charity.

So, an unfounded and unsubstantiated opinion is all.
18-10-2019, 13:12   #183
Boggles

Quote:
For a moment I thought you had tried to back up your opinion, but no, just a link to the Central Statistics Office and a charity.

So, an unfounded and unsubstantiated opinion is all.
Honestly short of getting the crayons out I have no idea how I can explain it to you further, you asked me to clarify my clear and concise post which I did, you asked to back up my opinion with evidence, I did.

So I'd appreciate if you just stop replying to me, ta.
Thanks from:
18-10-2019, 13:40   #184
jay0109

Quote:
Honestly short of getting the crayons out I have no idea how I can explain it to you further, you asked me to clarify my clear and concise post which I did, you asked to back up my opinion with evidence, I did.
And to your amazing 'evidence' , I say this....
https://www.irishtimes.com/news/poli...ated-1.3220063
Quote:
Number of vacant homes ‘may be grossly overstated’
Dublin study indicates that census data on unoccupied houses and apartments is inaccurate....
....Its study, which involved council officials visiting houses listed as vacant, found that only a very small number of houses in the north county Dublin authority area (perhaps only 50 or 60) were genuinely unoccupied, compared with the 3,000 figure stated for Fingal in the official census returns.
The study involved physically checking out 76 “empty” homes to discover that 63 of them were in fact fully occupied.
2/10...must try much harder
18-10-2019, 13:44   #185
Chinasea

Quote:
Originally Posted by enricoh View Post
So asylum spoofers are as 'valuable' to a town as people in high paying jobs in apple or some other mnc?!
Ive heard it all now!
So the hundreds of Apple workers might never have needed a local doctor, nor their children schooling.

Pull the one /excuses "oh ye concerned locals" i.e racists...
Thanks from:
Advertisement
18-10-2019, 13:48   #186
jmayo

Quote:
Originally Posted by Topgear on Dave View Post
Many of rural irelands problems with service closure and crap public transport are entirely of its own making, build a one off two miles from town....then complain about crap public transport. But thats probably off topic for this thread.
There is this myth out there that if you didn't have the one off rural houses everything would be great and if we all lived centralised in towns and even villages shure it would be great and we wouldn't need cars and the local services would stay open.

Except that is bullcr**.

Garda stations and banks have been closed in villages and smaller towns.
Nothing at all to do with one off rural housing.

There is fook all public transport between most villages, smaller towns and even bigger towns.
It is not so bad if you are along major link between major towns, but cr** otherwise.
And moving all the one off houses, all those living on surrounding farms into village will not change it.

But of course that doesn't play into the hobby horse some get onto about one off rural housing.

For instance how many bus routes go through Ballinamore and how often are there buses on those routes ?
Thanks from:
18-10-2019, 13:53   #187
Eric Cartman

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chinasea View Post
The same moaners/racists "concerned locals" were rolling out red carpets for the hundreds of people that would have arrived to take up residence in the West should Apple have set up their base.
A company bringing skilled employment and thus skilled employees to better a town is vastly different to uneducated migrants with little money and no right to work.

But you know that ofcourse, you’d rather just believe everyone in every rural village is a racist....
(4) thanks from:
18-10-2019, 13:54   #188
atticu

Quote:

So I'd appreciate if you just stop replying to me, ta.
You did not provide any evidence to backup your opinion.
Your posts are not clear and concise, they are just your unsubstantiated opinion.
Please don’t try and pass your opinion off as fact.

As for not replying to you - unsubstantiated opinions can be challenged on a discussion forum, you do this often.
18-10-2019, 13:58   #189
Boggles

Quote:
Originally Posted by jay0109 View Post
And to your amazing 'evidence' , I say this....
https://www.irishtimes.com/news/poli...ated-1.3220063
Brilliant are you trying to say there isn't a large amount of vacant premises in the state?

There is more than enough local authority houses to house homeless.

More than 3,600 local authority homes vacant at end of 2017
(2) thanks from:
Advertisement
18-10-2019, 14:01   #190
jmayo

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chinasea View Post
Quote:
Originally Posted by enricoh View Post
So asylum spoofers are as 'valuable' to a town as people in high paying jobs in apple or some other mnc?!
Ive heard it all now!
So the hundreds of Apple workers might never have needed a local doctor, nor their children schooling.

Pull the one /excuses "oh ye concerned locals" i.e racists...
Jaysus fook.

Does it really have to be spelt out to you about the possible economic benefits to the local area of someone with a well paying job/careers settling in the area as opposed to someone who is welfare dependent settling in the area ?
Do you really have to have that explained to you ?

One group brings in disposable income whilst the other group have a meagre disposable income to spend.

Now I bet someone will argue the ones with the bigger income can and will travel outside local area to spend whereas the others can't travel to spend what few quid they may have.

But you need to look at bigger picture.
When the worker does spend there is greater chance they will spend more simply because they have more.

And which one is more likely to stay, out down links in the community ?
The one with job nearby or the one with no job and no historic links to keep them in the community ?
18-10-2019, 14:45   #191
Lackey

Anyone can look at Sinn Fein Carrickmacross Castleblaney Electoral area Facebook page
There are a couple of statements by Sinn Fein
Then the comments underneath are from locals discussing the issues.
No doubt I’ll be quoted and told it’s just all ‘racists moaning and unsubstantiated claims’ etc etc

People on the whole are good, they’re not racists and have no problem in helping people out who need it.

But start shouting down regular down the middle of the road people racists for asking a few questions
Throw in cover ups of issues
And you get Trump and Brexit
I called both of them here years ago and I can see more of the same.

The far left and right are two cheeks of the same arse
the far left are just as responsible for people hardening their stances, as the far right are capitalising on the situation
18-10-2019, 14:55   #192
bubblypop

Quote:
Originally Posted by jmayo View Post
For instance how many bus routes go through Ballinamore and how often are there buses on those routes ?
Daily buses to dromod, Carrick on Shannon & cavan.
Ulster bus also goes through the town, can't remember how often.
Theres a bus to enniskillen also
18-10-2019, 15:03   #193
alastair

Quote:
Originally Posted by bubblypop View Post
Theres a bus to enniskillen also
Strictly speaking, asylum seekers in Ireland can’t travel into N.I. without a UK visa.
Thanks from:
18-10-2019, 15:27   #194
jay0109

Quote:
Brilliant are you trying to say there isn't a large amount of vacant premises in the state?

There is more than enough local authority houses to house homeless.

More than 3,600 local authority homes vacant at end of 2017
I'm saying that a lot of people don't fill out census forms. Do you think there are several thousand holiday houses in Fingal!
And are you saying that empty holiday houses should be used for asylum seekers?

3,600 vacant social houses....spread all over the country, many 1-offs, a lot in need of repair. A social housing waiting list with the best part of 100k people on it.
I'm not sure what your trying to say here except perhaps deflect from the point that you tried to make about vacant housing which turned out to be hopelessly wrong and inaccurate.
Thanks from:
18-10-2019, 15:33   #195
Boggles

Quote:
Originally Posted by jay0109 View Post
And are you saying that empty holiday houses should be used for asylum seekers?

3,600 vacant social houses....spread all over the country, many 1-offs, a lot in .
Yeah, you need to go back and read my posts.

Good lad.

Quick Reply
Bold
Italic
Underline

Insert Image
Wrap [QUOTE] tags around selected text

Decrease Size
Increase Size
Please sign up or log in to join the discussion