Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

RTE documentary and the wrath of God

124»

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 33,640 ✭✭✭✭Princess Consuela Bananahammock

branie2 wrote: »
    Which districts?

North-Rhine Westphalia is one
    https://www.bbc.com/news/blogs-news-from-elsewhere-23227452

I'm told Bavaria as well, but can't don't know for sure.

Everything I don't like is either woke or fascist - possibly both - pick one.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,305 ✭✭✭✭branie2

Thanks

• Registered Users Posts: 4,138 ✭✭✭realitykeeper

This is untrue.

It was a disused former cesspit, they used it purposely as a mausoleum. A lot easier than digging graves. Cheaper, too... and no coffins either.

They did not record the burials in accordance with law.

I`ll spare you the duck analogy but every piece of land is used for one purpose or another over time. The Colosseum in Rome was once used as a city dump. If a piece of land is used for burial, then it`s a burial site. Not a cesspit. Not a septic tank. A burial site.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,178 ✭✭✭Guffy

I read this article today in the Indo: https://www.independent.ie/entertainment/television/tv-news/irish-catholics-had-a-much-looser-attitude-to-the-church-before-the-famine-38000235.html

It is about an RTE documentary called Rome vs Republic. The documentary asserts that Ireland was far less devout before the famine. If this is correct, then I think it is important to think deeper about this RTE documentary with it`s RTE narrative. Specifically, I suggest viewers think of the future implications this documentary unwittingly reveals.

If the loose morals were a prelude to famine, then what does the future hold in these days of Sodom and Gormorrah? I fear the wrath of God is about to decend on Ireland more forcefully than ever.

Am I wrong?

I'd be more worried about the wrath of global warming tbh. And I'm only a recent convert to the severity of that religion!!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 12,653 ✭✭✭✭Plumbthedepths

I`ll spare you the duck analogy but every piece of land is used for one purpose or another over time. The Colosseum in Rome was once used as a city dump. If a piece of land is used for burial, then it`s a burial site. Not a cesspit. Not a septic tank. A burial site.

Deflection as always and skipping over the fact the scum that ran Tuam broke the law.
    The septic tank used as grave site is abhorrent to any right thinking person the fact you think it was ok speaks volumes about your character and absent morals.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 35,523 ✭✭✭✭Hotblack Desiato

Dodging again.

So are you retracting your earlier false claim that they didn't know that this cesspit was there?

Would they bury dead nuns in there? Absolutely not, and they did not.

Explain the lack of coffins and failure to keep records of the burials, as required by both human decency and the law.

Scrap the cap!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 26,578 ✭✭✭✭Turtwig

Not so. The Holy Nuns lovingly laid them to rest and they would hardly have even known where the septic tank was

Mod:
    This thread was started by you and other people replied to. Since then you have not really actively engaged constructively with any of their posts. If you do not address their points, I will be closing this thread.

Also,
    You sound like an unholy inquisitor, demanding records from elderly nuns with Alzheimers. If the statistics you seek are not easily accessible, then that is evidence of a secular cover of of the fact that there are a lot of false accusations. Also, it seems to me that natural justice was suspended a long time ago when it comes to clergy on trial. The presumption of guilt is a given and often the accusers don`t even have to testify.
    The poster had asked to produce evidence to back up the rather strong claim:
    The "reality" is subjective because as we know, many of these accusers have been caught out in lies and the "kids" are in fact adults, many of whom are only alleging abuse in order in get money.

You really ought to address this with more substance and less personal/conspiracy hand waving nonsense.

Deflection as always and skipping over the fact the scum that ran Tuam broke the law.
    The septic tank used as grave site is abhorrent to any right thinking person the fact you think it was ok speaks volumes about your character and absent morals.

Come now. It is disrespectful to defer to a person`s burial place as a septic tank, even more so when hatred is your motivation.

Turtwig wrote: »
    Mod:
    This thread was started by you and other people replied to. Since then you have not really actively engaged constructively with any of their posts. If you do not address their points, I will be closing this thread.

I do not respond to threats. Close the thread if you will and may God have mercy on your soul.

Come now. It is disrespectful to defer to a person`s burial place as a septic tank, even more so when hatred is your motivation.

Please stop with such a pathetic defence of the behaviour of the scum that ran Tuam. You know well where the children were interred, you also know that the failure to record the burials was an illegal. If you think my motivation is hatred you would be correct . The abuse of children by those entrusted to care for them is a hateful act. Your constant defence of the perpetrators is disgusting tbh.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 18,050 ✭✭✭✭The Talking Bread

Haha haha!!

The whole subtle premise/ narrative of the bible is threats and emotional blackmail and fear!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 18,050 ✭✭✭✭The Talking Bread

I do not respond to threats. Close the thread if you will and may God have mercy on your soul.

Haha haha!!

The whole subtle premise/ narrative of the bible is threats and emotional blackmail and fear!

So no evidence at all to back up your claims and breaking the commandment on false witness, off to confession with you and may God have mercy on your soul.

A pathetic attempt to weasel your way out of backing up the strong claims you made. You should get a site ban for your behaviour.

• Subscribers Posts: 41,838 ✭✭✭✭sydthebeat

You are a coward

sydthebeat wrote: »
    You are a coward

Among other things.

• Registered Users, Subscribers, Registered Users 2 Posts: 47,336 ✭✭✭✭Zaph

It is disrespectful to defer to a person`s burial place as a septic tank

When it is an actual septic tank it's not disrespectful, it's a statement of fact. As for your comment about not responding to threats, from what I've seen on this thread you don't respond to anything that may be considered a "difficult" question. You're happy to trot out your sh*te about how great the church is or whatever, but when you're asked a direct question you deflect or simply ignore it. Is it any wonder that people have turned away from the Catholic church in the numbers they have when they see people like you representing it?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 26,578 ✭✭✭✭Turtwig

I will.
    Also, please reconsider your posting style or your stay in this forum will be a short one.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement