Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

RTE documentary and the wrath of God

Options

Comments

The wrath of God is not yet here because if he did many souls would go to hell.

The great warning will come first as part of the 3 days of darkness and every soul will be shown their sin and given a chance to repent and change their ways .

However once the warning passes then gods judgements will begin.

Three days of darkness, anyone in places like Nunavut, must be crapping themselves every year then.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,138 ✭✭✭realitykeeper

DubInMeath wrote: »
    The last part sounds very much like the excuses given for the abuse of children and women in the institutions run by the church and how the sexual and physical abuse they received was their own fault and the abusers where just showing them God's love.

This is a common mistake you and so many others make. You see, Priests, Brothers and Nuns are sinners and God is blameless. As such, God`s Church is good despite the sins of the clergy.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,121 ✭✭✭amcalester

This is a common mistake you and so many others make. You see, Priests, Brothers and Nuns are sinners and God is blameless. As such, God`s Church is good despite the sins of the clergy.

Teflon god.

• Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators, Regional South East Moderators Posts: 28,470 Mod ✭✭✭✭Cabaal

There is little sign of chastity in Ireland these days. Sodomite`s roam through the streets flaunting their proclivities shamelessly..

Honestly, I have to ask.
    What is it with many religious people obsession with anal sex and gay men?

You always ignore lesbians, what's with that? Does scissoring and stuff not offend you and your god?

Also, many non gay people engage in anal sex. Many of those got married in a Catholic church too.

Also, on the subject of chastity, you do know that in the USA especially anal sex before marriage by Christians is fairly common.

In fact it's known as God's loop hole...because it technically means the person is still a virgin.

Nope it's an excuse you and others like you make to try and defend your support for the church and their actions from the top down.

• Advertisement

Cabaal wrote: »
    Honestly, I have to ask.
    What is it with many religious people obsession with anal sex and gay men?

You always ignore lesbians, what's with that? Does scissoring and stuff not offend you and your god?

Also, many non gay people engage in anal sex. Many of those got married in a Catholic church too.

Also, on the subject of chastity, you do know that in the USA especially anal sex before marriage by Christians is fairly common.

In fact it's known as God's loop hole...because it technically means the person is still a virgin.

The only person I ever heard go on about sodomy as much was Paisley..

Also this just reminded me of the loop hole song.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 12,653 ✭✭✭✭Plumbthedepths

Not at all. I only referred to liars as liars and again I say it is truthful to say so. The liars know who they are as does the Almighty. You seem to be confusing the telling the truth with sneering. As for being banned, I delight in being persecuted by sinners when defending God and his Church.

Sneering abuse victims is an affront to the god you pretend to defend.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 456 ✭✭Tired Gardener

"Incessantly".

Dying... thank you for this.

I had best stock up on beans if that is the requirement.

Sneering abuse victims is an affront to the god you pretend to defend.

By saying I pretend to defend God, you are calling me a liar and that makes you wrong and a hypocrite. It is correct to say sneering abuse victims is an affront to God which is why I would never do that. Pointing out that people who pretend to have been abused are liars is simply an exercise in truth.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,070 ✭✭✭Franz Von Peppercorn

By saying I pretend to defend God, you are calling me a liar and that makes you wrong and a hypocrite. It is correct to say sneering abuse victims is an affront to God which is why I would never do that. Pointing out that people who pretend to have been abused are liars is simply an exercise in truth.

The distinction between sneering at abuse victims and sneering at people you think are making it up is in your head. All abuse victims can do is tell their story.

Par for the course for a man who not only blamed a powerless peasantry for the famine but also God. Your God is a reflection of your own pathology.

If he exists I hope the first thing he says to you when you die is “How dare you accuse me of being a genocidal maniac” and sends you to the firy pits of hell.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 33,217 ✭✭✭✭Princess Consuela Bananahammock

Zaph wrote: »
    You seem to have conveniently ignored my questions, so I'm going to ask them again:
    what I really want to know is why ultra-religious people are so obsessed the sex lives of others? Are they doing you any harm personally?
    He's conveniently ignoring everyone's questions.

Everything I don't like is either woke or fascist - possibly both - pick one.

• Registered Users Posts: 10,299 ✭✭✭✭BloodBath

Certainly the world is due a comeuppance, parts of it moreso than others.

You are due a comeuppance for posting such crap. Try using the internet to educate yourself instead of posting such nonsense.
    Bannasidhe wrote: »
    There was a famine in the mainly Presbyterian Scottish Highlands at the exact same time as in Ireland caused by the exact same thing -over reliance on the lumper potato which developed blight.

Wonder what was God wrathing about there?

That was not the cause of the famine. I'm sick of hearing this from ignorant people. The cause of the famine was the English exporting over 90% of the food produced in Ireland to England. We had a wide variety of crops and farmed animals. We were not reliant on potatoes. They took the food while the peasants starved. That is the reality of the famine.

Meanwhile they teach us that "sure jaysus, poor aul paddy couldn't even grow some potatoes properly." The Irish education system has a lot to answer for.

Wow! I suppose the 800 babies in a septic tank in Tuam are pretending to be dead as well you ignorant fool. If there is a god and hell you are definitely going to hell along with the nuns are priests that you worship.

The distinction between sneering at abuse victims and sneering at people you think are making it up is in your head. All abuse victims can do is tell their story.

We are talking about different things. You are talking about abuse victims and I am talking about people who falsely claim to be abuse victims but who are in fact liars.

BloodBath wrote: »
    Wow! I suppose the 800 babies in a septic tank in Tuam are pretending to be dead as well you ignorant fool. If there is a god and hell you are definitely going to hell along with the nuns are priests that you worship.

Children die and people lie (especially people with an agenda).

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Music Moderators, Politics Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 22,360 CMod ✭✭✭✭Dravokivich

What's with this perversion towards doom?

That was not the cause of the famine. I'm sick of hearing this from ignorant people. The cause of the famine was the English exporting over 90% of the food produced in Ireland to England. We had a wide variety of crops and farmed animals. We were not reliant on potatoes. They took the food while the peasants starved. That is the reality of the famine.

Meanwhile they teach us that "sure jaysus, poor aul paddy couldn't even grow some potatoes properly." The Irish education system has a lot to answer for.

It doesn't matter what's being produced or its quantity if it's not something that can be afforded by those who need it. That's what's meant by the over reliance on the potatoes, it's all people could afford.

• Registered Users Posts: 10,299 ✭✭✭✭BloodBath

Not going to bother arguing with you. You're a lost cause.

It doesn't matter what's being produced or its quantity if it's not something that can be afforded by those who need it. That's what's meant by the over reliance on the potatoes, it's all people could afford.

Why could they not afford anything? Nothing to do with British rule was it? Don't try and offload the blame to economics.

The Brits knew people were starving and did feck all to help. But it's ok. They had lots of cheap beef to eat in England thanks to poor aul paddy. Wake the F up. The British empire are responsible for the deaths and suffering of millions of people. They comitted genocide everywhere they went. A lot like the RCC.

The only person with an agenda here is you, and this post among most of the out right crap you spout shows just what an evil twisted cowardly little prick you are.

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Music Moderators, Politics Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 22,360 CMod ✭✭✭✭Dravokivich

Not going to bother arguing with you. You're a lost cause.

Why could they not afford anything? Nothing to do with British rule was it? Don't try and offload the blame to economics.

The Brits knew people were starving and did feck all to help. But it's ok. They had lots of cheap beef to eat in England thanks to poor aul paddy. Wake the F up.

Its becuase in the market they were poor. The only political gain from it, is to have the masses subservient through lower economic means and that wasnt solely a British thing. There has always been peasantry the world over and remains to be, to this day. The charity which you are looking for, has consistently been a private matter rather than state/public one.

I do believe you've answered your own question her an dthread has gone fuyll circle.
    If the loose morals were a prelude to famine, then what does the future hold in these days of Sodom and Gormorrah? I fear the wrath of God is about to decend on Ireland more forcefully than ever.

Am I wrong?

You are. Children just die. It happens.

Next thread please.

90% of the land was "owned" by 10% of the people (the fact that it was taken by conquest means it was in fact stolen.) Anyway, the German`s are blamed for genocide in Namibia for keeping 30,000 people from water so surely the English are guilty of genocide for keeping millions of people from food produced on their own stolen land.

• Advertisement

I do believe you've answered your own question her an dthread has gone fuyll circle.

Next thread please.

Ah but we are talking about people dying in great numbers. 800 kids (some of whom died in childbirth) out of tens of thousands over several decades is probably a lot better than the national average when measles, polio and general poverty were a problem. Thank God for the laundries! I would be a great believer in bringing back the workhouses instead of all this social housing but importantly it is not the homeless I would put in there, it is the people living in properties for ten years while the taxpayer is stuck with the mess they caused by defaulting.

I say give the homeless the properties of the defaulters and put the defaulters in the laundries.

Next thread please.

Ah but we are talking about people dying in great numbers. 800 kids (some of whom died in childbirth) out of tens of thousands over several decades is probably a lot better than the national average when measles, polio and general poverty were a problem. Thank God for the laundries! I would be a great believer in bringing back the workhouses instead of all this social housing but importantly it is not the homeless I would put in there, it is the people living in properties for ten years while the taxpayer is stuck with the mess they caused by defaulting.

I say give the homeless the properties of the defaulters and put the defaulters in the laundries.

Not relevant. People die. Nothing to do with the wrath of God

You are the prefect example of all that is wrong with organised religion. Zero empathy for the victims of the church.

Not relevant. People die. Nothing to do with the wrath of God

Sure it is, potentially at least.

You are the prefect example of all that is wrong with organised religion. Zero empathy for the victims of the church.

Au contraire, I sympathize with all victims of anything. I just don`t blame all child abuse on the Church and I recognize the good the church has done. Also, I suspect a lot of the vitriol against the church has nothing to do with child abuse, it has more to do with mass encroaching on playtime in childhood and Sunday morning lie ins in adulthood. So much more convenient to blame the church for everything and forget the deadly sin of sloth.

Sure it is, potentially at least.

/ thread.

Au contraire, I sympathize with all victims of anything. I just don`t blame all child abuse on the Church and I recognize the good the church has done. Also, I suspect a lot of the vitriol against the church has nothing to do with child abuse, it has more to do with mass encroaching on playtime in childhood and Sunday morning lie ins in adulthood. So much more convenient to blame the church for everything and forget the deadly sin of sloth.

Your user name is an oxymoron, the rape murder and abuse of children and subsequent cover ups is what has caused such vitriol towards the church. Your post is incredibly idiotic tbh.

Your user name is an oxymoron, the rape murder and abuse of children and subsequent cover ups is what has caused such vitriol towards the church. Your post is incredibly idiotic tbh.

With respect, the rape and abuse of children is a daily reality today in this country, not by arthritic octogenarian priests in their declining years but by secular perverts online and in their own homes. As for cover ups, right so all those who go around abusing children just come straight out and admit it. Time and again we here of wives who cover up for their husbands/partner and even lie in court to protect them so as not to rock the boat. The capacity of secular society for outright hypocrisy really is jaw dropping.

• Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators, Regional South East Moderators Posts: 28,470 Mod ✭✭✭✭Cabaal

With respect, the rape and abuse of children is a daily reality today in this country, not by arthritic octogenarian priests in their declining years but by secular perverts online and in their own homes. As for cover ups, right so all those who go around abusing children just come straight out and admit it. Time and again we here of wives who cover up for their husbands/partner and even lie in court to protect them so as not to rock the boat. The capacity of secular society for outright hypocrisy really is jaw dropping.

Ignoring the bigger issue.
    Abuse within familys does happen alright, but that abuse is very limited.

If we look at the Catholic church's abuses we see a pattern of saving the church at the cost of the victim, the priest or nun abuses and is merely moved to another area to abuse even more. This doesn't happen in familys.

Through the actions of the church online with Vatican rules inline with what they no doubt thought was gods will (protecting the church). So while a father might abuse one child a priest could abuse 20 or 30.

When it comes to the catholic church, power and money took priority over
    - The safety of children
    - The safety of women
    - Keeping records of where they dumped the bodys of children they believed didn't deserve a proper burial

You talk about a husband or wife lieing, lets talk about the high up representitives from the Vatican coming over to Ireland and telling abuse victims they were "only in it for the money" A pathetic organisation

I've been lucky enough to not have been touched by the abusive hands of a nun, priest or brother. But I know of many that have been and its pain they've carried for decades.

Perhaps the words of a victim will mean something more to you

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 100 ✭✭10fathoms

Are you saying abuse is now ONLY carried out by "secular" perverts?

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement