Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Ringing carers section

Options
  • 12-06-2019 4:02pm
    Registered Users Posts: 4,683 ✭✭✭

Hi all

Anyone have any idea if they answer the phone at all in the carer's section of SW?

Currently on a frustrating wait. :(

Ended up hanging up and decided to put my question in writing. I'll leave this here in case anyone else wants to log the length of the wait. I guess they are really busy at the moment.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 9,420 ✭✭✭splinter65

Pretzill wrote: »
    Hi all

Anyone have any idea if they answer the phone at all in the carer's section of SW?

Currently on a frustrating wait. :(

Ended up hanging up and decided to put my question in writing. I'll leave this here in case anyone else wants to log the length of the wait. I guess they are really busy at the moment.

I rang one day and the phone was answered after 45 minutes. She told me that there were 5 people in total working in Carers section that day. The summer is particularly bad as a lot of the staff are on “term time”. Take it up with your TD. It’s just not acceptable.

• Registered Users Posts: 18,069 ✭✭✭✭fryup

are they deliberately trying to put people off applying for the CA?

* i mean why can't they simply take on more staff???

• Registered Users Posts: 4,683 ✭✭✭Pretzill

fryup wrote: »
    are they deliberately trying to put people off applying for the CA?

* i mean why can't they simply take on more staff???

I don't know what's going on - I have been putting off CA because I think it's a payment you don't want to have to ask for (if that makes sense) but I've had more stress dealing with different areas of SW over the last year - all I can determine from that is there's an awful lot of pressure on the system.

Advertisement