Boards.ie uses cookies. By continuing to browse this site you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Click here to find out more x
Post Reply  
 
 
Thread Tools Search this Thread
09-02-2020, 12:57   #16
Makikomi
Registered User
 
Makikomi's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2006
Posts: 23,765
Send a message via MSN to Makikomi
Quote:
Originally Posted by Fr_Dougal View Post
Any chance you could have the site and give us back the old version?

Won’t. Say. A . Word. To anyone.
I hate that I can't navigate between the different forums like I used to. I'm barely using boards.ie now for that reason.
Makikomi is offline  
Advertisement
10-02-2020, 03:58   #17
Canis Lupus
Registered User
 
Canis Lupus's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2004
Posts: 9,359
Quote:
Originally Posted by Makikomi View Post
I hate that I can't navigate between the different forums like I used to. I'm barely using boards.ie now for that reason.
What version are you using? I've always just used the default skin and navigation is the same as it has always been with the old school drop down menus etc. I even force it on the mobile which is more faffy but bearable.
Canis Lupus is offline  
10-02-2020, 05:20   #18
Ads by Google
Registered User
 
Ads by Google's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2008
Posts: 14,889
Quote:
Originally Posted by Canis Lupus View Post
What version are you using? I've always just used the default skin and navigation is the same as it has always been with the old school drop down menus etc. I even force it on the mobile which is more faffy but bearable.
Old school as in you have around 15 menus along the top, or four starting with talk to.?
Ads by Google is offline  
10-02-2020, 07:24   #19
Canis Lupus
Registered User
 
Canis Lupus's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2004
Posts: 9,359
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ads by Google View Post
Old school as in you have around 15 menus along the top, or four starting with talk to.?
4 starting with Talk To although I appreciate it changed a while back it's not intrinsically different. I've never bothered with mobile, touch or enhanced or whatever the names for all those different versions were/are.
Canis Lupus is offline  
Thanks from:
12-02-2020, 13:16   #20
Hotblack Desiato
Plutonium Rock Group
 
Hotblack Desiato's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2005
Posts: 19,884
Based on Ads by Google's work (much appreciated) I've changed the colours to get as close as possible to the really old white/beta skin (colours picked off an old screenshot.)

Code:
/* FONTS */

/* Primary Dark blue font */
.page a,
.nav-drop-menu a ,
#breadcrumb a,
#footer a,
.time,
legend {
/*  color: #3c508c aliceblue !important;*/
    /*Poster Name*/
  /*color: #3c508c !important;*/
  color: #22229c !important;
    
}

/* White Font */
.thead strong,
.thead a,
.thead,
.thead span,
.tfoot strong,
.tfoot a,
.tfoot,
.tfoot span,
.tcat a{
	color: #fff !important;
}

/* Black Font and Main Post Background */
.alt1 {
    color: #182339;
    /*background: #f8f8ff;*/
    background: #f5f5ff;
}
.alt2 {
    color: #182339;
 /*       background: #efefef;*/
    /*Left Panel & Quoted Post Background*/
    /*background: #e8e8f8;*/
    background: #e1e4f2;
}
/* BACKGROUNDS */

/* Lightest blue back */
body,
.body-override,
#nav .nav-drop-menu,
#nav .columncontainer
#nav .title,
.page,
#footer {
  background: #ffffff;
}


/* Dark blue back */
.nav-area,
#nav > li.hover > a,
.generic-wrapper-header .active {
  background: #7f98c4  !important;
  color: #fff !important;
}
#nav > li.hover {
    background: #81938e !important;
}

/* Darkest blue back */
#header,
.threads-wrapper-header,
.generic-wrapper-header,
.thead,
.tfoot {
  /*background: #5572a5 !important;*/
  background: #3e5687 !important;
}

/* BUTTONS */

.gradient_button:not(.grey),
.jumpbutton ,
#adv-search-form button span {
	background: #5572a5 !important;
	border: 1px solid #4a5c58 !important;  
}
.gradient_button:not(.grey):hover,
.jumpbutton:hover ,
#adv-search-form button span:hover {
	background: #3c508c !important;
	border: 1px solid #4a5c58 !important;
}
.gradient_button.grey {
  background: #f9f9f9;
}
#adv-search-form button {
  border: 0 !important;
}

/* BORDERS */

/* Dark blue border */
.nav-area {
  border-bottom: 1px solid #3c508c !important;
}
#nav li {
  border-left: 1px solid #3c508c !important;
}


/* MISC */

/* User / My forums dropdown */
#userlist div,
#forumlist div,
#userlist a,
#forumlist a {
  background: #7f98c4 !important;
  color: #fff !important;
}
#userlist a:hover,
#forumlist a:hover {
  background: #5572a5 !important;
}
#userlist,
#forumlist {
  margin-top: 4px !important;
  background: none !important;
}
#userlist .title,
#forumlist .title {
  border-bottom-color: #5572a5
}
/* Tabs on User Page */
.tcat {
  background: #3c508c;
}
#profile_tabs .tab_list li:hover {
  background: #3c508c !important;
}
.tborder, 
.tcat {
  border: 1px solid #3c508c !important;
  border-bottom: 1px solid #3c508c !important;
}

/* Outline of Reply Box */
.panelsurround {
    background-color: #f5f5ff;
}

/* Message Box */
#vB_Editor_QR,
#vB_Editor_QR_iframe,
#vB_Editor_001,
#vB_Editor_001_iframe {
  border: 1px solid #3c508c !important;
}

/* Search Results */
.results-wrapper,
.facet_wrapper {
	background: #fff;
	border: 1px solid #81938e;
}
.results-wrapper a,
.facet_wrapper a {
	color: #3f4d4a !important;
}

/* Recolour Items */
/* #ddd */
.arrow-disable {
  filter: brightness(0) saturate(100%) invert(100%) sepia(2%) saturate(2381%) 
hue-rotate(291deg) brightness(91%) contrast(90%);
}

/* QOL Fix Min Width of page */
body, .holder, #header {
  min-width: 500px !important;
}
/* Hide share buttons to save pagination when screen gets small */
@media only screen and (max-width:1000px) {
  .social_share_bar {
    display: none !important;
  }
}
/* Fix submit button */
@media only screen and (max-width:900px) {
  #vB_Editor_QR_formbuttons {
    display: inline
  }
}

/* Fewer ads */
.top_adslot_wrapper,
.sponsored-content,
#top_adslot_main,
iframe[title="3rd party ad content"] {
  display: none;
}
Install Stylus, click on it, click on 'write style for boards.ie', paste in the above and save.

Enjoy!
Hotblack Desiato is offline  
(2) thanks from:
Advertisement
12-02-2020, 22:48   #21
seligehgit
Moderator
 
seligehgit's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2007
Posts: 7,730
Mod: GAA, ZTest
Quote:
Originally Posted by Hotblack Desiato View Post
Based on Ads by Google's work (much appreciated) I've changed the colours to get as close as possible to the really old white/beta skin (colours picked off an old screenshot.)

Code:
/* FONTS */

/* Primary Dark blue font */
.page a,
.nav-drop-menu a ,
#breadcrumb a,
#footer a,
.time,
legend {
/*  color: #3c508c aliceblue !important;*/
    /*Poster Name*/
  /*color: #3c508c !important;*/
  color: #22229c !important;
    
}

/* White Font */
.thead strong,
.thead a,
.thead,
.thead span,
.tfoot strong,
.tfoot a,
.tfoot,
.tfoot span,
.tcat a{
	color: #fff !important;
}

/* Black Font and Main Post Background */
.alt1 {
    color: #182339;
    /*background: #f8f8ff;*/
    background: #f5f5ff;
}
.alt2 {
    color: #182339;
 /*       background: #efefef;*/
    /*Left Panel & Quoted Post Background*/
    /*background: #e8e8f8;*/
    background: #e1e4f2;
}
/* BACKGROUNDS */

/* Lightest blue back */
body,
.body-override,
#nav .nav-drop-menu,
#nav .columncontainer
#nav .title,
.page,
#footer {
  background: #ffffff;
}


/* Dark blue back */
.nav-area,
#nav > li.hover > a,
.generic-wrapper-header .active {
  background: #7f98c4  !important;
  color: #fff !important;
}
#nav > li.hover {
    background: #81938e !important;
}

/* Darkest blue back */
#header,
.threads-wrapper-header,
.generic-wrapper-header,
.thead,
.tfoot {
  /*background: #5572a5 !important;*/
  background: #3e5687 !important;
}

/* BUTTONS */

.gradient_button:not(.grey),
.jumpbutton ,
#adv-search-form button span {
	background: #5572a5 !important;
	border: 1px solid #4a5c58 !important;  
}
.gradient_button:not(.grey):hover,
.jumpbutton:hover ,
#adv-search-form button span:hover {
	background: #3c508c !important;
	border: 1px solid #4a5c58 !important;
}
.gradient_button.grey {
  background: #f9f9f9;
}
#adv-search-form button {
  border: 0 !important;
}

/* BORDERS */

/* Dark blue border */
.nav-area {
  border-bottom: 1px solid #3c508c !important;
}
#nav li {
  border-left: 1px solid #3c508c !important;
}


/* MISC */

/* User / My forums dropdown */
#userlist div,
#forumlist div,
#userlist a,
#forumlist a {
  background: #7f98c4 !important;
  color: #fff !important;
}
#userlist a:hover,
#forumlist a:hover {
  background: #5572a5 !important;
}
#userlist,
#forumlist {
  margin-top: 4px !important;
  background: none !important;
}
#userlist .title,
#forumlist .title {
  border-bottom-color: #5572a5
}
/* Tabs on User Page */
.tcat {
  background: #3c508c;
}
#profile_tabs .tab_list li:hover {
  background: #3c508c !important;
}
.tborder, 
.tcat {
  border: 1px solid #3c508c !important;
  border-bottom: 1px solid #3c508c !important;
}

/* Outline of Reply Box */
.panelsurround {
    background-color: #f5f5ff;
}

/* Message Box */
#vB_Editor_QR,
#vB_Editor_QR_iframe,
#vB_Editor_001,
#vB_Editor_001_iframe {
  border: 1px solid #3c508c !important;
}

/* Search Results */
.results-wrapper,
.facet_wrapper {
	background: #fff;
	border: 1px solid #81938e;
}
.results-wrapper a,
.facet_wrapper a {
	color: #3f4d4a !important;
}

/* Recolour Items */
/* #ddd */
.arrow-disable {
  filter: brightness(0) saturate(100%) invert(100%) sepia(2%) saturate(2381%) 
hue-rotate(291deg) brightness(91%) contrast(90%);
}

/* QOL Fix Min Width of page */
body, .holder, #header {
  min-width: 500px !important;
}
/* Hide share buttons to save pagination when screen gets small */
@media only screen and (max-width:1000px) {
  .social_share_bar {
    display: none !important;
  }
}
/* Fix submit button */
@media only screen and (max-width:900px) {
  #vB_Editor_QR_formbuttons {
    display: inline
  }
}

/* Fewer ads */
.top_adslot_wrapper,
.sponsored-content,
#top_adslot_main,
iframe[title="3rd party ad content"] {
  display: none;
}
Install Stylus, click on it, click on 'write style for boards.ie', paste in the above and save.

Enjoy!
Thanks so much to both you guys.

Love Hotblack Desiato's old style theme!!Now installed.
seligehgit is offline  
13-02-2020, 00:12   #22
Ads by Google
Registered User
 
Ads by Google's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2008
Posts: 14,889
And old green which was the theme I previously used all the time.

HTML Code:
/* FONTS */

/* Primary Dark green font */
.page a,
.nav-drop-menu a ,
#breadcrumb a,
#footer a,
.time,
legend {
  color: #1c2321 !important;
}

/* White Font */
.thead strong,
.thead a,
.thead,
.thead span,
.tfoot strong,
.tfoot a,
.tfoot,
.tfoot span,
.tcat a{
	color: #fff !important;
}

/* Black Font */
.alt1, .alt2 {
    color: #000;
}

/* BACKGROUNDS */

/* Lightest green back */
body,
.body-override,
#nav .nav-drop-menu,
#nav .columncontainer,
#nav .title,
.page,
#footer {
  background: #e7eeee !important;
}


/* Dark green back */
.nav-area,
#nav > li.hover > a,
.generic-wrapper-header .active {
  background: #81938e !important;
  color: #fff !important;
}
#nav > li.hover {
    background: #81938e !important;
}

/* Darkest green back */
#header,
.threads-wrapper-header,
.generic-wrapper-header,
.thead,
.tfoot {
  background: #667b76 !important;
}

/* BUTTONS */

.gradient_button:not(.grey),
.jumpbutton ,
#adv-search-form button span {
	background: #667b76 !important;
	border: 1px solid #4a5c58 !important;  
}
.gradient_button:not(.grey):hover,
.jumpbutton:hover ,
#adv-search-form button span:hover {
	background: #4e645f !important;
	border: 1px solid #4a5c58 !important;
}
.gradient_button.grey {
  background: #f9f9f9;
}
#adv-search-form button {
  border: 0 !important;
}

/* BORDERS */

/* Dark green border */
.nav-area {
  border-bottom: 1px solid #4e645f !important;
}
#nav li {
  border-left: 1px solid #4e645f !important;
}


/* MISC */

/* User / My forums dropdown */
#userlist div,
#forumlist div,
#userlist a,
#forumlist a {
  background: #81938e !important;
  color: #fff !important;
}
#userlist a:hover,
#forumlist a:hover {
  background: #667b76 !important;
}
#userlist,
#forumlist {
  margin-top: 4px !important;
  background: none !important;
}
#userlist .title,
#forumlist .title {
  border-bottom-color: #667b76
}
/* Tabs on User Page */
.tcat {
  background: #485854;
}
#profile_tabs .tab_list li:hover {
  background: #4e645f !important;
}
.tborder, 
.tcat {
  border: 1px solid #4e645f !important;
  border-bottom: 1px solid #485854 !important;
}

/* Message Box */
#vB_Editor_QR,
#vB_Editor_QR_iframe,
#vB_Editor_001,
#vB_Editor_001_iframe {
  border: 1px solid #4e645f !important;
}

/* Search Results */

.results-wrapper,
.facet_wrapper {
	background: #fff;
	border: 1px solid #81938e;
}
.results-wrapper a,
.facet_wrapper a {
	color: #3f4d4a !important;
}

/* Recolour Items */
/* #ddd */
.arrow-disable {
  filter: brightness(0) saturate(100%) invert(100%) sepia(2%) saturate(2381%) hue-rotate(291deg) brightness(91%) contrast(90%);
}

/* QOL Fix Min Width of page */
body, .holder, #header {
  min-width: 500px !important;
}
/* Hide share buttons to save pagination when screen gets small */
@media only screen and (max-width:1000px) {
  .social_share_bar {
    display: none !important;
  }
}
/* Fix submit button */
@media only screen and (max-width:900px) {
  #vB_Editor_QR_formbuttons {
    display: inline
  }
}

/* Fewer ads */
.top_adslot_wrapper,
.sponsored-content,
#top_adslot_main,
iframe[title="3rd party ad content"] {
  display: none;
}
I'm not adding these directly to the extension as they're not really fully done and I'm working on something new at the moment.

(Other web devs - Please don't judge. I start well and as it drags on, I get sloppy with my CSS.)
Ads by Google is offline  
Thanks from:
13-02-2020, 01:03   #23
Hotblack Desiato
Plutonium Rock Group
 
Hotblack Desiato's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2005
Posts: 19,884
Quote:
Originally Posted by seligehgit View Post
Love Hotblack Desiato's old style theme!!Now installed.
All I did was tweak some of the colour values. I wouldn't have a clue about the rest of it.
Hotblack Desiato is offline  
13-02-2020, 07:47   #24
Hodors Appletart
Registered User
 
Hodors Appletart's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2019
Posts: 440
I see the lines of code but I have no idea what to do with them to get my boards to looks like what they are making it look like

I have stylus and I'm using Dark Blue theme but i'm interested in the green
Hodors Appletart is offline  
Advertisement
13-02-2020, 08:07   #25
Ads by Google
Registered User
 
Ads by Google's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2008
Posts: 14,889
Quote:
Originally Posted by Hodors Appletart View Post
I see the lines of code but I have no idea what to do with them to get my boards to looks like what they are making it look like

I have stylus and I'm using Dark Blue theme but i'm interested in the green
When you click the icon, the dropdown has

Write style for:
www.boards.iethis URL

Click the boards.ie part and paste in the code above. Then disable the dark blue one.
Ads by Google is offline  
Thanks from:
13-02-2020, 15:04   #26
Hodors Appletart
Registered User
 
Hodors Appletart's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2019
Posts: 440
thanks for that

do I need to be on the lighter native theme for that to work correctly
Hodors Appletart is offline  
13-02-2020, 15:06   #27
Hodors Appletart
Registered User
 
Hodors Appletart's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2019
Posts: 440
just answered that myself, and the answer is yes
Hodors Appletart is offline  
13-02-2020, 15:08   #28
Hodors Appletart
Registered User
 
Hodors Appletart's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2019
Posts: 440
the green theme is pretty close to the old school green thats amazing thanks you should win a prize or something
Hodors Appletart is offline  
Thanks from:
13-02-2020, 16:30   #29
Makikomi
Registered User
 
Makikomi's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2006
Posts: 23,765
Send a message via MSN to Makikomi
Quote:
Originally Posted by Canis Lupus View Post
What version are you using? I've always just used the default skin and navigation is the same as it has always been with the old school drop down menus etc. I even force it on the mobile which is more faffy but bearable.
Dunno which it was but it was easier to navigate that whatever I was put onto last week. I used to have handy drop down menu's, but they're all gone now.

The one I'm on now is dreadful and very difficult to get to the forum I'd normally use so now I'm putting a keyword into the search and taking the long way to a forum.

I'd normally use AH (like most), motorbikes and some of the sports forum ie cycling, running & athletics & swimming.

I'm hardly using any of them now.
Makikomi is offline  
13-02-2020, 18:03   #30
Hotblack Desiato
Plutonium Rock Group
 
Hotblack Desiato's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2005
Posts: 19,884
Quote:
Originally Posted by Makikomi View Post
I hate that I can't navigate between the different forums like I used to. I'm barely using boards.ie now for that reason.
Follow the forums you use the most, then go to your Control Panel, links to your followed forums will be below your unread followed threads. I haven't used the top menu for years.
Hotblack Desiato is offline  
Post Reply

Quick Reply
Message:
Remove Text Formatting
Bold
Italic
Underline

Insert Image
Wrap [QUOTE] tags around selected text
 
Decrease Size
Increase Size
Please sign up or log in to join the discussion

Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search



Share Tweet