Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Triax TSC114 - anyone got their hands on one yet?

Options
1202122232426»

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 18,069 ✭✭✭✭fryup

I would suggest checking what the files are ..... might be .TS or .MPG or some common format, which might even be playable without any convertion.

well in settings, you have the option of format types PS or TS, i have it set to TS

so may maybe PS is the better option?

• Registered Users Posts: 13,990 ✭✭✭✭Johnboy1951

fryup wrote: »
    well in settings, you have the option of format types PS or TS, i have it set to TS

so may maybe PS is the better option?

.TS (Transport Stream) are industry standard ..... my own recordings from my FTA system gives me .TS recordings.
    These files are playable with all/most video player software, such as VLC.

The .TS uses

MPEG Video stream
    MPEG Audio stream
    plus any others that might be broadcast such as text, alternative audio and so on.

So there is nothing in there that is not common.

.PS has much less content so I expect should be smaller files.

You could add the extension .mpg to the filename to see if it makes a difference to your TV player ... worth a try?

EDIT:
    I see my education was sadly lacking as .tsv files are listed here

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/MPEG_transport_stream
    Filename extension
    .ts, .tsv, .tsa, .m2t

you mean replace .TSV by typing in .mpg ?

• Registered Users Posts: 13,990 ✭✭✭✭Johnboy1951

fryup wrote: »
    you mean replace .TSV by typing in .mpg ?

It should not need replacing .....

orig: name.tsv

rename to

name.ts, or name.mpg, or name.tsv.mpg

and try those. Some players rely on the extension of a file to determine how it will be treated.

My preference would be the last option ..... then I know it is a full .TS file renamed.

why is it with this stb that....subtitles on the saorview channels aren't available but on the sat channels they are??

is there something in settings i need to alter

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 24 emanresu123

Anyone got an up to date channel list?

Sister has cancelled sky so donating my old box to her, can't be arsed organizing the channels again.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,301 ✭✭✭dublinman1990

I'm having some issues with trying to watch the TV channels on this box tonight. I made the decision to change it's TV output from an old Panasonic Quintrix widescreen TV to an LED Android Smart TV.

I wanted to switch TV's as I wanted to reduce my electricity consumption in the house. The old 32 inch Panny widescreen tele does suck up a lot of electricity while it was switched on in the sitting room.

As soon as I made the move to switch TV's; I couldn't get the buttons on both remote controls to function correctly. If I'm looking for a solution at this point; Am I meant to have the saorview channels plugged straight into the Smart TV itself & then have the Satellite channels available on this Triax box to have a perfect reception for all channels?

Advertisement