Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Triax TSC114 - anyone got their hands on one yet?

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 330 ✭✭rostalof

Jivin Ivan wrote: »
    I'm a bit late replying to this rostalof but I'm having a similar issue with a possible solution.

My problem:
    All channels on the same frequency as Pick and Sky News stopped working for no apparent reason. Signal was good but now Quality is 0.

My Solution: (see update below)
    Only thing that worked was a factory reset from the settings menu followed by a fresh channel scan.
    I also tried restoring my old channel list from backup but this also caused the Quality problem.

Hope this helps you and you havent already got rid of the box.
    Good luck....these are finnicky things.

UPDATE:
    After some more investigation I found that my LNB Frequency (Found in Antenna
    Setting) was set at 9750/10300 but after factory reset and fresh channel scan that it
    is 9750/10600.
    I loaded up my old channel list, changed the LNB Frequency, did a scan and voilla...I
    had my missing channels. I don't know if the LNB frequency affects all channels.

So what I'm suggesting to you rostalof is go to Menu, Installation, select DVB-S in Installation Type, go to Antenna Setting, check your LNB Frequency. If this works it saves you having to reorder all your channels again which is a major pain. Otherwise you could try my original solution above.

BTW I'm no expert, I found these solutions by messing around using the little knowledge I have. The place/person the box was bought from might be able to do it without all the trial and error

Exactly what I did!

• Registered Users Posts: 152 ✭✭flickarius

I bought one of these last autumn, now the EPG or Info isn't displaying anything for any of the freeview stations. I've tried a rescan but still not working.

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Entertainment Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators, Regional East Moderators Posts: 18,224 CMod ✭✭✭✭The Black Oil

Satellite channels gone on one of these for a while. Have tried a rescan, factory reset and some of the advice here. No joy.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,811 ✭✭✭Tigerandahalf

Satellite channels gone one if these for a while. Have tried a rescan, factory reset and some of the advice here. No joy.

Your only option might be to get the device the installers use to test if there is a signal coming in on the cable. It could be just a loose connection going into your Triax. Best at this stage to call an installer.

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Entertainment Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators, Regional East Moderators Posts: 18,224 CMod ✭✭✭✭The Black Oil

Yeah. I think that's all that can be done having tried everything. One of the other threads said to change your country to Germany, didn't expect it to work, nor did it. Could it be the dish has moved or the weather?

• Advertisement

Yeah. I think that's all that can be done having tried everything. One of the other threads said to change your country to Germany, didn't expect it to work, nor did it. Could it be the dish has moved or the weather?

It could have or the lnb might have failed. Still need an installer to check it out.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,542 ✭✭✭Gerry Wicklow

Borrow a known working box from a friend and see if it works. You will then know if it's the box or dish/LNB/cabling.

Rust was the issue. Dish replaced, all well.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 2,986 ✭✭✭philstar

i noticed that on some recordings..the fast forward & reverse doesn't work..is that a hard drive issue ??

• Registered Users Posts: 25 coolcreen

Never experienced that problem, though abnormal problems arise if you have too many recordings on disk

• Advertisement

^^^^^^^^^

very few recordings (1tb drive) and it happened again this weekend i can't fast forward or reverse with my recordings....damn annoying:(

philstar wrote: »
    ^^^^^^^^^

very few recordings (1tb drive) and it happened again this weekend i can't fast forward or reverse with my recordings....damn annoying:(

Maybe put a different hard drive or usb key in to see if it is the hard drive causing the problem.

Otherwise maybe wipe the hard drive.

Maybe reformatting the drive using the Triax box may help. Take every recording of value off the box first since formatting will erase everything

I experienced problems with the drive when I first started to use it, insufficient supply from the Triax box to drive the hard drive. I overcame it by using a Y shaped usb cable with one branch of the Y connected to the box (for data and power supply) and the other side of the Y to a USB charger (power supply only) The leg of the Y was connected to the hard drive. As far as I can recall, only one branch of the Y will allow data to pass through. The previous suggestion, use a memory key will also check it since very little energy is required to run it

in file format settings for recordings it has PS and TS...whats the difference between the two?

You will find the answer here...

Tried to enter the link but it will not allow me. If you Google the following 6 words, it should take you to the site.

wolfcrow program stream vs transport stream

Believe that TS is the best setting, more checks and balances and will provide extra recording time (about 20% extra) though I cannot verify it

it only seems to list 200 recordings despite there being plenty of room on the hard drive :confused:

..any way around this??

Never had that many recordings on my machine. It would seem that they have limited the number of folders to 200. Looks like you must offload some of the more important videos to a computer and then save them the a DVD. Think it should be done anyway, because, for some reason, it wiped my hard drive clear on one occasion. Of course, you must also ask yourself, do I really need to keep all of those recordings? When my hard drive got wiped, life carried on without them.....Let's declutter. Sorry, can't be of help in answering your question.

• Registered Users Posts: 53 ✭✭marob1969

kbo wrote: »
    Tried to install the firmware update last night and it failed. I had downloaded the software and unpacked it to a freshly formatted USB stick. Inserted the stick into the back of the Triax and went through the Upgrade routine. Then a blue screen appeared, with the title Download From USB and Open File Fail ! in white text on it. Tried removing the stick, reformatting it and re-downloading the software but no joy. Can't go back either, as the upgrade seems to have zapped the original firmware - when I remove the USB stick and turn the box off and on, the box won't start up.

Anyone know how to reinstall the firmware on one of these?

Sorry to go back on this but I have the same problem with my box now. Did you get this resolved at the time. I know its a while back and you may not even have the box any more?

• Registered Users Posts: 3,905 ✭✭✭steveon

marob1969 wrote: »
    Sorry to go back on this but I have the same problem with my box now. Did you get this resolved at the time. I know its a while back and you may not even have the box any more?

If box has taken a bad flash it cannot be repaired...had war with triax over this a number of years ago and managed to eventually get 2 replacements and I have the old ones still for parts. I reckon there is a certain batch number that this only happens to and Triax deny this however I have flashed over 100 and only had 2 fail...

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 18,069 ✭✭✭✭fryup

am i right in saying that any recording made with this STB can only be viewed via this STB?

connected the hard drive that i use on the Triax for recording to a portable TV in my bedroom and it said content not supported,

• Registered Users Posts: 13,999 ✭✭✭✭Johnboy1951

fryup wrote: »
    am i right in saying that any recording made with this STB can only be viewed via this STB?

connected the hard drive that i use on the Triax for recording to a portable TV in my bedroom and it said content not supported,

It would seem so (if the partition format is recognised), but this thread is old - maybe start a new one?

i think its best to keep it in this thread, handy reference for everything triax 114 related

Can be viewed when the hard drive is connected to a computer

• Registered Users Posts: 4,542 ✭✭✭Gerry Wicklow

Is it possible the TV is expecting a FAT32 or NTFS drive and not recognising EXT4?

I don't know. I assume that you have connected the drive to a Smart TV. Maybe, if you install a VLC app, it will recognise it? Never tried it on a TV. I formatted my drive using the Triax TSC114 box to FAT32

regards recordings - i had to convert the recording from a TSV file to AVI file and put it on a USB stick, it then played on my portable TV no problem

only thing is it takes forever to convert, a 2 hour programme can take 50min to do

regards recordings - i had to convert the recording from a TSV file to AVI file and put it on a USB stick, it then played on my portable TV no problem

only thing is it takes forever to convert, a 2 hour programme can take 50min to do

TSV?
    I thought that was a Tab Separated Value (text) file and not Video.

well that's the extension on the triax recordings .TSV

• Advertisement

well that's the extension on the triax recordings .TSV

I would suggest checking what the files are ..... might be .TS or .MPG or some common format, which might even be playable without any convertion.

TSV is likely their own file extension ...... I never heard of it before in reltion to video files, but if rare that would not be unusual.

Advertisement