Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Hans Zimmer Tour

Options

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,719 ✭✭✭JaMarcusHustle

.ak wrote:
    Oooh missed out last time, chuffed he's coming again! However this close to Christmas, may have to ask Santa to pick one up for me... Reckon it'll sell out quickly?

I doubt it. I reckon a lot of people who would go are a bit put off by the price and will have already gone this year, so won't see it as the rare event they have to go to (which we thought the first one was).

I went with my brothers to the first one and they'd be pretty big fans, but they're not going next year. I'd say there's a lot of people in the same boat.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,009 ✭✭✭jones

Loved him earlier in the year but not sure if i'd go again for the exact same show next year. as other posters have said i genuinely thought this year was a once in a lifetime thing and that he'd never be back. If this was a few years on i'd be all over it but personally i wouldn't go back for the same show a year later

• Registered Users Posts: 4,407 ✭✭✭Wailin

jones wrote: »
    Loved him earlier in the year but not sure if i'd go again for the exact same show next year. as other posters have said i genuinely thought this year was a once in a lifetime thing and that he'd never be back. If this was a few years on i'd be all over it but personally i wouldn't go back for the same show a year later

Is it going to be the exact same show again?

• Registered Users Posts: 2,747 ✭✭✭FortuneChip

Wailin wrote: »
    Is it going to be the exact same show again?

I'd expect him to open very similarly, and close with some formation of Dark Knight, Insterstellar & Inception again (any live shows I've watched over the years have done this).

I'd expect most/any changes to come in around the break.
    While I'd be ok with hearing less from Pirates or Lion King this time, they're both very popular and hard to dismiss for the large majority I'd imagine.
    Equally, one of the first pieces to get me interested in Zimmer - Journey To The Line, while brilliant, has probably been played one time too many in movie adverts and the likes for me.

I'd love to hear some stuff from Black Hawk Down, Tears Of The Sun & Last Samurai.

Chevaliers de Sangreal MUST remain. Such an amazing piece to hear live.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,101 ✭✭✭NUTZZ

.ak wrote: »
    Oooh missed out last time, chuffed he's coming again! However this close to Christmas, may have to ask Santa to pick one up for me... Reckon it'll sell out quickly?

His last show here did sell out, although not immediately. I wouldn't be surprised to see this show sell out also, but you definitely can afford to wait a while.

They haven't announced any UK dates (yet), so there's obviously a demand for him to bring the show back to Dublin so soon.

https://twitter.com/HansZimmerLive/status/761235428880023552

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,797 ✭✭✭Shane St.

missed out last time. gonna grab a ticket this time :)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 664 ✭✭✭price690

could anyone tell me if block P of the 3 arena is really bad? says there is possible restricted viewing. I'd love to go but not spending more than 65 quid per ticket :(

price690 wrote: »
    could anyone tell me if block P of the 3 arena is really bad? says there is possible restricted viewing. I'd love to go but not spending more than 65 quid per ticket :(

It's not really bad, but you can't see a small section of the stage properly from certain seats in Blocks P and H.

For what it's worth in my opinion, the show is worth the expensive ticket prices, you won't feel short changed. It's a spectacular show.

146898_e766f0f8020c369c.jpg

• Registered Users Posts: 7,337 ✭✭✭Dave_The_Sheep

I was at the last show, and I'm definitely going again. Easily the best gig I've been at, absolutely unreal.

And hopefully a bit of Planet Earth 2 this time around. For such an (apparently) down to earth guy, he comes across as such, he's some performer.

That encore... wow.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,472 ✭✭✭Shred

I snapped up Block D Row 29 for this, based on the last gig it'll be worth every cent!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,472 ✭✭✭Shred

price690 wrote: »

Just for reference, I was in block K the last time and even then I couldn't see parts of the extreme left of the stage; he has a huge band/orchestra.

• Registered Users Posts: 19,976 ✭✭✭✭humanji

Did he have the same guests with him everywhere he went, the last time he was here? Or was that just for Ireland/UK?

• Registered Users Posts: 252 ✭✭MonsterMob

Have 2 tickets right in the middle of the lower section (Section D) for sale, great seats. EUR 227.7 for the pair. DM me if interested.
    MM

Hyped for this now. Is there any visuals for the different pieces to accompany the music?

Shane St. wrote: »
    Hyped for this now. Is there any visuals for the different pieces to accompany the music?

There was a large screen behind him last year, with visual effects on-screen. I don't recall them being movie-specific effects, just generic (but still impressive) graphics. The screen was then raised for the Interstellar piece towards the end where there was a giant Organ piece behind for the organ music. It was all very impressive.

I'll have a spare seating ticket in Block D for anyone who is interested in going solo. Cot me €114 but will let it go for €100.

1392065722_1386178665_o2-seat-planx2_medium.jpg

have a late bus booked. I presume it will be over by 11?

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 23,074 Mod ✭✭✭✭Kiith

I cannot wait to see this tonight. Missed it last year due to work, so delighted to get the chance to see it this time.

I think it ran about 3 hours last year, so you might get out by 11pm. My last train home is 11:10pm from Heuston, which i doubt i'll make. Dublin Coach should get my home, but it'll be later than i'd like. Gonna be tired tomorrow morning, but god damn it'll be worth it :)

• Registered Users Posts: 480 ✭✭Morf3h

I'll have a spare seating ticket in Block D for anyone who is interested in going solo. Cot me €114 but will let it go for €100.

PM sent

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Arts Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Entertainment Moderators Posts: 29,151 CMod ✭✭✭✭johnny_ultimate

I'm not the biggest fan of Zimmer by any stretch, but the man puts on a helluva show. High on the bombast, but not too shabby during the quieter moments either (unusual to hear a stadium so large entirely quiet during the finale of Time). He is a good-natured, enthusiastic showman which makes a big difference, and backed up by a capable crew.

Highlights were definitely the evocative Lion King medley followed by a barnstorming Pirates of the Caribbean one. But plenty of highs and not much in the way of lows, despite the show's extended length.

The movies he's featured in are not always great (he's probably one of the few people who remembers The Da Vinci Code with affection) but certainly after seeing him in this space I have no doubt of his enthusiasm and conviction in his own work. It was a loud and proud show - sometimes cheesy, sometimes playful - and it was a very pleasant spectacle indeed.

• Advertisement

Enjoyable but not as great as last years show. The sound wasn't as good, not as clear. Also different musicians in some sections and just didn't seem as tight. But overall delighted to see him back again even if it was more or less the same setlist.

• Registered Users Posts: 14,754 ✭✭✭✭McDermotX

Very good as expected, but probably not quite up to last year's performance despite the largely identical playlist. Gladiator was a little disappointing in comparison, perhaps down to the lady on vocals not quite delivering in the manner she did last year, but there was plenty of highlights throughout both halves....Still think it could do with a little bit more Man of Steel, and some Last Samurai among many others (though somethings have to be left alone otherwise he'd be there all night) but certainly the Pirates, Dark Knight, Interstellar and Inception sections were knocked out. Would have to double check some YouTube, but the choir seemed to have less presence than last time, whether that was down to numbers I'm not sure, but overall it's an experience well worth checking out.

Also, whether it was down to the seating location this time I'm not sure, but there seemed to be much more movement in the audience this time during the performance which was quite distracting at times.

McDermotX wrote: »
    Also, whether it was down to the seating location this time I'm not sure, but there seemed to be much more movement in the audience this time during the performance which was quite distracting at times.

This. The bloody oafs barging down the steps beside us during the quieter moments of the closing song Time.

The amount of people who left before the encore was staggering too.

Yes, much more disruptive this time around. One reason is last year if you went to the loo you weren't left back to your seat until a break between pieces. This year it was a free for all.

• Registered Users Posts: 607 ✭✭✭bkrangle

This. The bloody oafs barging down the steps beside us during the quieter moments of the closing song Time.

The amount of people who left before the encore was staggering too.

I was sitting near the front and there was a mini exodus the second interstellar finished - no waiting to applaud or anything like that, people just legged it

Knowing that inception was to follow I found this very odd.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,337 ✭✭✭Dave_The_Sheep

bkrangle wrote: »
    Knowing that inception was to follow I found this very odd.

It was bizarre. Most of the row in front of me cleaned out before the encore, which was weird.

Maybe they were running for transport or something, but there was no way I was missing Time.

I was one of those people leaving right before the encore commenced. I was annoyed I would miss the inception songs but last bus back to Galway was at 11:45 and I couldn't risk it.
    Amazing gig though. Was so impressed and I will go again if he plays Galway

• Registered Users Posts: 399 ✭✭Ronanc1

It was bizarre. Most of the row in front of me cleaned out before the encore, which was weird.

Maybe they were running for transport or something, but there was no way I was missing Time.

This I think it was a combination of people just not in the know and or trying to make it for last trains and buses. I was at last years so knew Inception was going to be the encore, And while I LOVE love that peace I decided to cut my losses and leave after Interstellar and the bow otherwise it'd be a 40 euro taxi home

Even then people who I passed when leaving were openly asking "Will there be an encore" and kind of hovering unsure - others I recognised again at the dart station were obviously just trying to make the last train.

Which kind of leaves me annoyed like typical fecking Ireland 11.30 and that's it buses and trains finished..sorry you missed them good luck really pathetic for a capital city transport system.

The show was fab overall. He really is a gent and goes out of his way for people to at least try and recognize that there is no "Hans Zimmer" per se that its all down to constant collaboration with all his friends and co-musicians that help produce such wonderful music. When it was announced he'd be back I was unsure if I'd go again. I thought maybe it being the second time viewing that it was just me going mad thinking it wasn't as good as last year or that there was something minutely off about the sound(Glad others noted it), but still it was EPIC and I'm glad I went again. I did notice the movement of people in comparison to last year which was kinda annoying. Though the upside last year in the dark quiet scenes, there was a sea of phone screens as idiots*(IMO) tried to film segments. This year there only seemed to be a smattering and not overly distracting and I was sitting in pretty much the same spot as last year! Plus side he was right about not telling the same stories twice only the Lion King story was one I'd remembered from last time. Overall a great night!

• Advertisement

Advertisement