Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Hans Zimmer Tour

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 714 ✭✭✭feelgoodinc27

I really liked the dark knight suite but it is how I got into Hans Zimmer so maybe I'm biased. It was the sheer fury and energy of it I enjoyed especially all the guitarists playing, in particular the lady to the left of Hans who let her inner rock goddess out on that one. Was a bit disappointed by the Man of Steel suite, it was close but not quite as epic as I thought it could be. Really enjoyed the night including the music I wasn't familiar with, what a cool band and I loved the way they introduced the orchestra and choir. I think it was the trinity choir?

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 3,092 Mod ✭✭✭✭ktulu123

My only disappointment of the night was we didn't get any Last Samurai, which I love.

My favorite of his scores, pity it wasn't played at all on this tour

ktulu123 wrote: »
    My favorite of his scores, pity it wasn't played at all on this tour

I'm sure a lot of us wanted something that wasn't played and given his collection of material its always going to happen.

Solomans Song from "12 Years a Slave" would be in my top 4 but I knew it wasn't on his play list based on seeing an older play sheet posted here, so i wasn't surprised anyway.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,101 ✭✭✭NUTZZ

mikekerry wrote: »
    The only small quibble I would have is it would have been good to have the name of the film medley he was doing on the screen above as sometimes he didn't quite say.
    h.
    10/10
    pinkypinky wrote: »
    I really enjoyed the whole thing - but agree it would have been nice to know the name of each piece - sometimes he forgot to say what it was and I'd be wondering for the whole time.

We were seated just a few rows from the front and there were TV monitors each side of the stage with the name of the piece displayed on it, for the musicians obviously. So as one piece finished and he was telling a story during the interlude, we could see what medley was coming next which was brilliant!

The Dark Knight piece was just labelled as "Dark Knight Remix".

Interstellar left with me chills and Electro was just the most beautiful mayhem I've ever witnessed.

It was easily the best live shows I've ever been to, and I just hope it's not a once in a lifetime experience!

Someone captured and uploaded a full show to Youtube. It's from France earlier in the tour. Of course, the sound will never be like what it was in the room, but I've been using it to enjoy reliving moments from the concert.

Setlist with time stamps in the comments.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 12,967 ✭✭✭✭bnt

One of the comments on that video claims that the Prague show was filmed for a Blu-Ray release. One can only hope. :P

From out there on the moon, international politics look so petty. You want to grab a politician by the scruff of the neck and drag him a quarter of a million miles out and say, ‘Look at that, you son of a bitch’.

— Edgar Mitchell, Apollo 14 Astronaut

bnt wrote: »
    One of the comments on that video claims that the Prague show was filmed for a Blu-Ray release. One can only hope. :P

That would be great. I didn't notice any cameras in Dublin, only the one to project Hans when he was addressing the audience between songs. A Blu-Ray of the show would be just perfect.

On the official website it states that there is a Blu-ray disc planned but with no release date yet. They're using Wembley for the audio track and Prague for the video.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,340 ✭✭✭Dave_The_Sheep

If anyone does find a source (legitimate preferably, I've no problem paying for this) for a blu-ray edition, please post it here. Top notch stuff.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,978 ✭✭✭Theboinkmaster

I'd prefer a live CD rather than a blu ray, any plans?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,835 ✭✭✭Falthyron

I'd prefer a live CD rather than a blu ray, any plans?

Or both!? :D

I would be very surprised if he doesn't release a Bluray of the concert. Just in time for Christmas, perhaps?

• Registered Users Posts: 360 ✭✭Humour Me

I'm pretty sure the concert programme included an ad for a CD release later this year, there was no confirmed date just said late 2016. I will double check when I get home. It's definitely on the list.

• Registered Users Posts: 1 21Magnets

Just announced Hans Zimmer is coming back to Dublin in June 2017 - Tickets go on presale Mon 21 Nov + General Public Sale Wed 23 Nov

• Registered Users Posts: 3,978 ✭✭✭Theboinkmaster

21Magnets wrote: »
    Just announced Hans Zimmer is coming back to Dublin in June 2017 - Tickets go on presale Mon 21 Nov + General Public Sale Wed 23 Nov

Thanks - all over it!

I couldn't believe it when I got the text this morning, I never thought he'd be back here so soon, can't wait to see him again!

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 3,092 Mod ✭✭✭✭ktulu123

Exactly, didn't think I would ever see him again. Absolutely delighted with this news :D

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 23,095 Mod ✭✭✭✭Kiith

****ing delighted about this. Had to sell the ticket for stupid reasons last time, and thought i'd missed the chance to see him in person, so i'll definitely be picking these up this time.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,411 ✭✭✭Wailin

Brilliant! Look forward to seeing him again. What is the best way to get good seats at the 3 arena....always only seem to get something way up the back or too far left or right of stage.

As others have stated I'm shocked that hes touring again so soon.

Thinking maybe to go to Paris this time as a night in Dublin ends up being a mini holiday in itself.

presale started at 9 if your a three customer, still tickets left.

• Advertisement

It's Thursday for general sale, right?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,519 ✭✭✭Flint Fredstone

He's doing a masterclass in film scoring for anyone interested in music production.
    $90. Might make a nice Christmas present for someone.

https://www.masterclass.com/hz

Tickets are even more expensive this time. €106 for Block D. Bloody crazy prices.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,441 ✭✭✭WeleaseWoderick

How much of a restricted view would the cheaper tickets have?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,719 ✭✭✭JaMarcusHustle

Picked up Block D tickets. Crazy money though, 114 euro each. But the last show was the best show I've ever been to so I'm not too ruffled.

FYI, the ticketmaster app let's you choose what Block you want to sit in when you're searching. I don't think the website allows that yet.

Yeah, i also bought them, but only because of who it is. No i'd pay anything near that for anyone else.
    FYI, the ticketmaster app let's you choose what Block you want to sit in when you're searching. I don't think the website allows that yet.

Did the same myself. Utterly ridiculous that you can't pick the seats on the site.

• Registered Users Posts: 607 ✭✭✭bkrangle

Website is very annoying........kept offering me expensive tickets in block G, should've used the app

Got tickets for Row E of the flats.........not sure how that'll compare to this year's seat (block E)

bkrangle wrote: »
    Got tickets for Row E of the flats.........not sure how that'll compare to this year's seat (block E)

They are excellent seats, I was around Row E in May and loved it, you're so close to the action you can see all the little details and emotions from the musicians, while still being far enough back to appreciate the whole stage.

I'm a few rows further back this time around but almost directly centre so I'm very pleased, can't wait for this again!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 30,308 Mod ✭✭✭✭.ak

Oooh missed out last time, chuffed he's coming again! However this close to Christmas, may have to ask Santa to pick one up for me... Reckon it'll sell out quickly?

Advertisement