Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Amazon Delivery Restrictions to Ireland

Options

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,049 ✭✭✭GinSoaked

Cabaal wrote: »
    But thats simply not the case, lots of stuff is taking longer then pre-covid to be delivered in the uk.

Your falling into the trap Amazon want you to!

Delivery to Ireland from Amazon is taking 2-3 days. Its the picking time that has gone mad and is taking 5-6 days.

All my orders to UK addresses for Amazon Prime have been next day delivery, same order to Irish address 10-11 days.

• Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators, Regional South East Moderators Posts: 28,470 Mod ✭✭✭✭Cabaal

GinSoaked wrote: »

Delivery to Ireland from Amazon is taking 2-3 days. Its the picking time that has gone mad and is taking 5-6 days.

All my orders to UK addresses for Amazon Prime have been next day delivery, same order to Irish address 10-11 days.

:rolleyes:

So a one simple user experience represents the reality for all uk customers?
    You're kidding me right?

Countless UK orders are no longer being processed as fast as they used to be, previously if you lived in the UK you might order Tuesday morning, order dispatches Tuesday night and you have it Wednesday.

Now its not uncommon to order Tuesday morning and your order dispatches on Thurday or Friday for delivery the next day. Order processing is slow because Amazon have been clear as day that they are prioritising some stuff over others. Some stuff takes even longer, especially stuff coming from fulfillment centres in Europe.

Stuff like Fresh, Pantry, Prime Now food items and certain other orders take priority. Its all very simple and yet people cry discrimination
    :rolleyes::rolleyes::rolleyes:

• Registered Users Posts: 6,171 ✭✭✭1huge1

Exactly the same as I have experienced, once it is dispatched, the shipping time is only slightly longer then pre covid.

Its the logistics of the warehouse that is slowing it up, I can only assume they are under orders to prioritise UK customers.

Quite disappointing, especially when you are an Irish consumer paying for Prime, a waste of money at the moment in my opinion (unless you use their streaming services).

Edit: In relation to the post above from Cabaal, I take your point, I can only provide anecdotal info that the same item being posted to the UK and Ireland is taking a lot longer in the warehouse than if shipping to the UK.
    My own peronal experience with this is the ordering of a TV off amazon that my brother in London bought the same day.
    He had the TV delivered within 48 hours, whereas I eventually cancelled my order after 3 weeks as no matter how many times I got in touch with customer support, they could not provide a reason as to why it was still "stuck" at the warehouse.

• Registered Users Posts: 11,215 ✭✭✭✭Suckit

I was ordering a laptop screen last week, amazon had the delivery date as 10th June, I clicked on the seller name, found their website (weirdly they don't sell on their site), ordered it on ebay, it was delivered last Monday.
    I did the same this week with some other equipment, but did order that stuff from the sellers site. I expect it far quicker than had it had to go through amazon packing and shipping service.

You're kidding me right?

Countless UK orders are no longer being processed as fast as they used to be, previously if you lived in the UK you might order Tuesday morning, order dispatches Tuesday night and you have it Wednesday.

Now its not uncommon to order Tuesday morning and your order dispatches on Thurday or Friday for delivery the next day. Order processing is slow because Amazon have been clear as day that they are prioritising some stuff over others. Some stuff takes even longer, especially stuff coming from fulfillment centres in Europe.

Stuff like Fresh, Pantry, Prime Now food items and certain other orders take priority. Its all very simple and yet people cry discrimination

I get regular orders for my mother in the UK all manage to arrive either next day or within 48 hours.

I do the same orders (where I can) as a test for Ireland and they all come up as 10-11 day delivery when An Post are still managing to do 3 day delivery once items are dispatched.

I do regular orders for myself which all come out as 10-11 day delivery and as a test I also order (and then cancel) them to my mother in the UK and they come out as next day delivery.

Just to test it I've made random orders of stuff Amazon say "Recommended for you, GinSoaked" because I thought maybe their algorithm had the sense to recommend stuff they can actually deliver to a Prime customer in a reasonable time frame but no always this 10 or more days if I use an Irish address or next day for a UK address.

Tell you what you find something that will deliver to Ireland in 3 days?

Its discrimination.

• Advertisement

1huge1 wrote: »
    ... they could not provide a reason as to why it was still "stuck" at the warehouse.

Latest excuse I've had is that once you have placed an order they can't do anything about delivery times. In the past they have claimed to do all sorts of stuff to try and speed up delivery.

Yeah it's pretty clear they're prioritising UK orders. I placed an order on 1st June which won't be delivered until the 12th, but when I checked the same items for delivery to Parcel Motel in NI, the delivery date was 2nd June. It's not anecdotal, anyone can do the same check and see it with their own eyes.

• Registered Users Posts: 15,848 ✭✭✭✭Discodog

You're kidding me right?

Seems a lot more than one to me.

• Registered Users Posts: 10,166 ✭✭✭✭Hurrache

You're kidding me right?

There's a big thread elsewhere, but the fact is that order fulfillment for goods being shipped to Ireland is almost taking 2 weeks. When people order using the UK parcel motel and the likes address, there's no such delay.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,115 ✭✭✭Pacifico

Ordered a cable today for delivery on the 19th...switch to parcel motel and delivery is the 11th.

This is similar to EVERY order I’ve had in the last 6 weeks or so. They are 100% prioritising deliveries to the UK over here.

Prime is no longer worth it

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators, Regional South East Moderators Posts: 28,470 Mod ✭✭✭✭Cabaal

Its discrimination.
    noun
    noun: discrimination; plural noun: discriminations

the unjust or prejudicial treatment of different categories of people, especially on the grounds of race, age, or sex.
    "victims of racial discrimination"

I'm out, dealing with this level of misuse of the word and foolishness just pains me.

I'm out, dealing with this level of misuse of the word and foolishness just pains me.

I belong to a group of people that live in Ireland. That group is being discriminated against.

Your still welcome to prove the point you want to make by finding some items that Amazon will deliver to Amazon Prime customers in Ireland in less than 10 days.

• Registered Users Posts: 11,215 ✭✭✭✭Suckit

There are extenuating circumstances. Amazon UK are obviously going to prioritise UK customers. They very likely always have, but with businesses in the UK and Ireland not working at their full capacity it is just more noticeable. Food items, needed items etc. would get priority and then it would dribble down. If you are in Ireland ordering a non urgent item, for now, that is unfortunate but you will have to wait.
    If you want to possibly speed up delivery, try ordering from the sellers own site if it is not amazon.
    Even if it was Amazon UK+Ireland, UK would still be their bigger market and would be prioritised. They can't deliver most food or drink items here, so there is no worry of us ordering them in the near future.
    I have no doubt their orders have gone through the roof and their Irish warehouse/sorting may still be on lockdown, I don't know. But either of those factors would also contribute.
    You could ask amazon to give you back the prime months that have had not worked during lockdown, and they seem happy to do that, but for a few reasons deliveries to Ireland are slower at the minute for many items.
    It's not discrimination it's more likely prioritisation.

Suckit wrote: »
    There are extenuating circumstances. Amazon UK are obviously going to prioritise UK customers. They very likely always have, but with businesses in the UK and Ireland not working at their full capacity it is just more noticeable. Food items, needed items etc. would get priority and then it would dribble down. If you are in Ireland ordering a non urgent item, for now, that is unfortunate but you will have to wait.
    If you want to possibly speed up delivery, try ordering from the sellers own site if it is not amazon.
    Even if it was Amazon UK+Ireland, UK would still be their bigger market and would be prioritised. They can't deliver most food or drink items here, so there is no worry of us ordering them in the near future.
    I have no doubt their orders have gone through the roof and their Irish warehouse/sorting may still be on lockdown, I don't know. But either of those factors would also contribute.
    You could ask amazon to give you back the prime months that have had not worked during lockdown, and they seem happy to do that, but for a few reasons deliveries to Ireland are slower at the minute for many items.
    It's not discrimination it's more likely prioritisation.

No one would get that worked up if UK deliveries remained the same and Irish ones took an extra couple of days. An Post are taking an extra day thats understandable and a variable additional delay at the Amazon end might be expected but thats not whats happening.

What is happening is that orders to an Irish address are having an automatic extra 7 days added to them on top of the 3 day An Post delivery time. So Amazon aren't picking any Irish orders until they are 7 days old. That isn't prioritising UK orders. Then think about it how is waiting 7 days to pick an order to Ireland helping to prioritise UK orders all its done is moved all Irish orders 7 days down the queue so after the first 7 days it makes no difference to the workload in the fulfillment center.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,125 ✭✭✭dougm1970

how will this get here today, and not dispatched yet ? :)

• Registered Users Posts: 3,317 ✭✭✭davo2001

Don't bother talking to Amazon support about this, was onto them for around 90 mins and might as well be bashing my head against a wall (which i felt like doing during the conversation several times!)

The only way they will start to change things is if people cancel their Prime membership in large numbers, which I have now done.

Literally no point in paying for Prime now.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,946 ✭✭✭duffman13

I actually didnt mind waiting a week for most stuff even with prime when everywhere is closed, it was a fair enough trade and Amazon have been a life saver with a house move just before Lockdown

However its actually gotten beyond a joke, Placed an order on Friday, some of the stuff has a delivery date of 7th of July, I went on and ordered one item I needed to Parcel Motel, to see what would happen. Item dispatched an hour after placing the order (Delivery due Wed) while my Irish order has a delivery date of 7th of July! That is nonsense, Ill be cancelling Prime for the foreseeable, no benefit at this point

• Registered Users Posts: 8,615 ✭✭✭grogi

davo2001 wrote: »
    Don't bother talking to Amazon support about this, was onto them for around 90 mins and might as well be bashing my head against a wall (which i felt like doing during the conversation several times!)

The only way they will start to change things is if people cancel their Prime membership in large numbers, which I have now done.

Literally no point in paying for Prime now.

I was talking to them but they couldn't get a hint that I wanted free Prime extension...

I still use Prime Video and Prime Music, so it isn't wihtout its metrits.

Anyone logged into Amazon with an Irish address and using Prime can now see that most if not all the Prime delivery times (sold by Amazon) are marked up as 11 days away.

Just ordered some boots. 1 day to UK 14 days to Ireland

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 856 ✭✭✭rebeve

One of my long lost packages arrived today out of the blue .I have got a refund already .Just wondering will Amazon take payment again automatically or will I

have to make contact .

rebeve wrote: »
    One of my long lost packages arrived today out of the blue .I have got a refund already .Just wondering will Amazon take payment again automatically or will I

have to make contact .

Did you sign for it?

• Registered Users Posts: 856 ✭✭✭rebeve

Did you sign for it?

Collected it from depot , so they asked for id but wouldnt let me sign for it .

• Moderators, Business & Finance Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 14,856 Mod ✭✭✭✭whiterebel

It’ll be updated as delivered. You should see thaton your Amazon account.

whiterebel wrote: »

That was what I was going to say its been signed for even though you didn't sign for it so Amazon know you have it.

If you don't want to pay for it then its a free return.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,125 ✭✭✭dougm1970

my tv wall bracket that was down to be delivered today (ordered may 20) ...i got an email this morning saying its got a new delivery date.....july 23rd !!
    i cancelled it....got one from freetv.ie...ordered today, be here tomorrow.

• Registered Users Posts: 880 ✭✭✭DrZeuss

Ordered from Amazon on Saturday 6th, delivery to Parcel Wizard NI by Tuesday, or Ireland by next Friday 19th.
    Parcel Wizard delivered this morning to my home.

If I still had Prime it would have been quicker to NI by 1 day but still the same 13 days to Ireland

• Registered Users Posts: 40,209 ✭✭✭✭ohnonotgmail

whiterebel wrote: »

i had an order from amazon recently that didnt turn up and amazon refunded me. it turned up 2 weeks later. it is still showing as not delivered on amazon.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,088 ✭✭✭stevek93

I order something recently then a few days later the carrier sent it back :confused:

• Advertisement

Might be fun if people here emailed jeff@amazon.com with a link to this thread

Advertisement