Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

UGG Thread - Read first post BEFORE posting [Updated 17/11/2010]

Options

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 692 ✭✭✭i-digress

I can't find an over the knee UGG boot, but these are by Love From Australia

http://www.fabsugar.com/Love-From-Australia-Suede-Over--Knee-Boot-Love-Hate-892820

I'm not convinced...

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3 SnakesOnAPlane

if they are ugly why would you want to wear them so?? if this was the in case we may all wear pyjamas outdoors, the whole point is to look good... and yeah every single person wears them in the exact same way... you just look like a generic sheep.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 8 KathMc

i think it depends what color u want em in. I have 5 differnet pairs. I find the bailey buttons ones dont look like the are the bailey button ones in the grey they just look lik the normal short ones. dont know why. if ur getting a light colour get the bailey buttons they stick out more dont ask me more they get more comments..opposite way around with the mormal ones....

• Registered Users Posts: 272 ✭✭filo87

Has anyone got the Lo Pro uggs? Do the sizes run big like they do for classic uggs? Haven't found anywhere in Cork that sells them so I can't try them on!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2 Eleanor Baylon

Just wanted to let all UGGS fans from Ireland know that there is a VERY dodgy site uggsireland.com that is a BIG FRAUD!! Please be carefull, I speak from expriance. :mad:

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 7 lornad

Thanks for that, I was looking to buy online but was in Newry recently and picked up a pair for 120 sterling...they're the real deal

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,131 ✭✭✭MissHoneyBun

If in doubt, buy them in BT/Fitzpatricks/ Schuh. Better to fork out and have the real deal than fork out for fakes. Real UGGs never, ever have tags attached and will come packaged in a large brown cardboard box and each boot will be in it's own cellophane package inside the box. The label on the back of the boot is always a clear giveaway too regarding authenticity

• Registered Users Posts: 75 ✭✭thefireinside

i-digress wrote: »
    I can't find an over the knee UGG boot, but these are by Love From Australia

http://www.fabsugar.com/Love-From-Australia-Suede-Over--Knee-Boot-Love-Hate-892820

I'm not convinced...

Neither am I... anyone considering over the knee Uggs... DONT DO IT! its just too much Ugg. I really dont think they would be a good look on anyone, stick to the shorties!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,740 ✭✭✭Asphyxia

index.php?main_page=popup_image&pID=2206&zenid=1a269f4863c41b3ff6d4bbc81e488dda

I was not really a fan of uggs until I saw these, You can get them cheap enough in Pennys or any shoe store there so comfy.

• Registered Users Posts: 113 ✭✭triny

Am A firm believer in Uggs. Cant believe i lasted so long without them, Have 3 pairs and Love every single on of them. Have the Tall chestnut uggs and they are without a doubt the best and most versatile boot around!
    For anyone going for the Bailey Button - I have the Chocolate ones and think ther great. A bit short with skinnies but fab with a skirt!

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 204 ✭✭red herring

Ladies what to wear uggs with? apart from skinny jeans tucked into them, what do wear with your uggs? ideas? dresses/skirts, etc....?

• Registered Users Posts: 113 ✭✭triny

Ladies what to wear uggs with? apart from skinny jeans tucked into them, what do wear with your uggs? ideas? dresses/skirts, etc....?

The best thing is you can wear whatever u want! Well apart from your PJs! Yest had a demin skirt on with them, and saw a girl walkin past with Jeggings and Uggs, Ther fabulous with whatever! Ive seen ppl wear them with demin dresses which are making a comeback and they look great! i think once your comfy then to hell with the rest! :)

• Registered Users Posts: 6 CaoimheMj

Hey, for my birthday my boyfriend bought me a pair of tall chestnut uggs but ive been looking for short ones not the tall so as ungrateful as i am i sold them! (He didnt mind) Now im looking for a replacement short pair and wondering where is the best place for me to buy a pair, ''value for money'' in galway, would anyone be able to offer me some advice??

• Registered Users Posts: 7,469 ✭✭✭Pythia

CaoimheMj wrote: »
    Hey, for my birthday my boyfriend bought me a pair of tall chestnut uggs but ive been looking for short ones not the tall so as ungrateful as i am i sold them! (He didnt mind) Now im looking for a replacement short pair and wondering where is the best place for me to buy a pair, ''value for money'' in galway, would anyone be able to offer me some advice??

Uggs are generally similar prices everywhere. You can try online shops like shudoo.co.uk or asos but the price will probably work out similar.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 10 kayleeabc

here is link
    http://www.auuggbootshow.com

u can go to check .

• Registered Users Posts: 3,221 ✭✭✭Greentopia

and yeah every single person wears them in the exact same way... you just look like a generic sheep.

I'm not sure if you were being sarcastic or not but I agree with the generic sheep statement, that's exactly what I think someone is if I see them wearing urrghhs. Someone who lacks individual style and just wants to blend in with the crowd.
    It's not as if they're even very practical in our wet climate. We get so much rain here surely they'd get soggy in no time if you were caught out in the rain? And as our weather is so unpredictable you could go out with them on in the morning in nice weather and the next minute it's lashing down! Not much use in the snow we had for the same reason and it must be like having your feet in an oven in the summer (and your feet must smell delightful then on a warm day when ya take them off??:eek:) so I fail to see how they're at all practical except for indoor wear.
    I lived for years in a much colder climate where some people wore ugg like boots but they had proper hard soles and were waterproof so I could see the use for them but uggs here in Ireland outdoors? Can't see the use for them as they look so ugly so surely they should have a practical purpose when they lack aesthetic appeal?:confused:

• Registered Users Posts: 1,857 ✭✭✭Atlas_IRL

Why is every second post here a rant about how ugly uggs are? Who cares, the people buying them know what they look like and dont care about the rants. People buy them for comfort, not everything has to be appealing to the eye.

• Registered Users Posts: 9,238 ✭✭✭Ardennes1944

how ugly uggs are? excuse me now! im an 18yr old guy and i think der savage! love when the gf wears em! der hott!

P.S. i do not a fetish....much

• Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 9,715 Mod ✭✭✭✭Twee.

Can we keep this thread informative, please? No moaning about Uggs! Ta :)

Shudoo have 20% off Uggs til Friday with the code SHUDOOMAY. Delivery is 12gbp

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 1 mars 1

has anyone bought a pair of uggs from the uggshop.cm.au. i paid for a pair last week but i havent had an email to confirm my order and now the site is closed down. im afraid iv been caught by a dodgy site. im kicking myself for being so foolish. has anyone heard of this. ta

The only places to buy genuine UGG Australia boots online are listed on their website here. There's not a whole lot you can do. These are scam websites selling counterfeit goods, and once they go offline it can be impossible to get in contact with them again.

• Registered Users Posts: 58 ✭✭silverfairy

lornad wrote: »
    Thanks for that, I was looking to buy online but was in Newry recently and picked up a pair for 120 sterling...they're the real deal
    where did you get them in Newry if you dont mind me asking? Thanks

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2 Bearsy

Hi there,

Just wondering if anyone has ordered off site below.

www.SnugAustraliaUggBoots.com.au

They seem to have good prices but just want to make sure there ok.

Anyone?? Thanks

Bearsy wrote: »
    Hi there,

Just wondering if anyone has ordered off site below.

www.SnugAustraliaUggBoots.com.au

They seem to have good prices but just want to make sure there ok.

Anyone?? Thanks

They aren't the Ugg brand boots which most people here wear. The ones Schuh, Fitzpatricks, etc sell are made by Deckers and are produced in China. These are not Decker brand and are made in Australia.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2 Bearsy

Hey Pythia,

Thanks for reply!

I thought that the decker company is supposed to be the fake ones?? Thats what is says on the austrailian sites.

I was gonna order abroad cause there so bloody dear here!

Do you think that http://www.snugaustraliauggboots.com.au/ is legite??

See, this is where it gets really confusing. Here is what I have gathered, and please anyone correct me if I'm wrong here: Ugg boots are not a brand, they're just a type of boots from Australia that are made from sheepskin.
    Now, Deckers is a company that manufactures Ugg boots, and they're made in China. Deckers make the one that we are all familiar with - the styles, colours and the little tag on the back of each boots. They're also a bit on the pricey side.

Many other companies make Ugg boots that are genuine ie made from sheepskin, and these are still expensive.

The cheap ones you find are not genuine Uggs, as in they are poorly made/bad sticthing/poor foot support and are not made from sheepskin. THIS is where people are getting caught out. Purchasing cheap Uggs, believing that they are the Deckers brand.

Moral is, if you want the quality, you have to pay for it.

Bearsy wrote: »
    Hey Pythia,

Thanks for reply!

I thought that the decker company is supposed to be the fake ones?? Thats what is says on the austrailian sites.

I was gonna order abroad cause there so bloody dear here!

Do you think that http://www.snugaustraliauggboots.com.au/ is legite??

Yeah, Twee has summarised it pretty well. Deckers aren't fake in terms of we're used to. They are the brand that are in the shops here. The Aussies have their own Uggs which they consider to be superior as they're made there while Deckers are made by an American company in China. If you want the ones you see people wearing with this logo, you want a pair of Deckers.

UggLogoBrown

Best bet is to get some one who is going to America to get them for you. So cheap there!

• Registered Users Posts: 36 Bambi88

There's lovely triple bailey button uggs coming out this winter...basically tall baileys!

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 3 shoppergal1

I joined US Buyers Club and a pair of chestnut braided tall Uggs were the first thing I bought. They are soo comfy well worth the money

Advertisement