Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

General MMA Chat/News mk3 - **No Spoilers Use Event Threads**

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 38,930 ✭✭✭✭eagle eye

Gamb!t wrote:
    Maybe he just wanted to go home to self isolate like the rest of the people.
    Think what you like but it's been very evident for a long time that he wants no part of Ferguson and will take whatever course is necessary to avoid him.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 14,203 ✭✭✭✭StringerBell

You know, just cause you keep repeating something doesn't make it so.

"People say ‘go with the flow’ but do you know what goes with the flow? Dead fish."

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,396 ✭✭✭Gamb!t

eagle eye wrote: »
    Think what you like but it's been very evident for a long time that he wants no part of Ferguson and will take whatever course is necessary to avoid him.
    TF has pulled out 3 times of the 5 scheduled fights.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 11,348 ✭✭✭✭ricero

Some people are still salty after Khabib totally dominated the golden goose

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 20,812 ✭✭✭✭yourdeadwright

Gamb!t wrote: »

TF pulled twice and Khabib had pulled twice,

Khabib was injured for one and ended up in hospital cutting weight in one,

Now this time its Khabib who can't make it for whatever reason , so 3-2 Khabib

Honestly id wonder about Khabib always going back to Dagestan does he get tested there ? Nearly all of his camp there have popped at some stage

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,935 ✭✭✭Tazzimus

eagle eye wrote: »
    So of their 5 scheduled fights:
    October 15th, 2015: Khabib pulls out with an injury. AKA is known for constant injuries with their stupid training methods.
    April 5th, 2016: Tony pulls out due to fluid and blood collecting in his lungs.
    March 3rd, 2017: Khabib pulls out to to kidney issues from weight cutting.
    April 1st, 2018: Tony pulls out due to tearing the ligaments in his knee.
    April 2020: Khabib flies home from UAE, where it was rumoured the fight would take place, after they announce they're closing their borders due to Covid-19. Russia also announces the same when he gets there, so he's at least home with his family, rather than stranded in another country for god knows how long.

Yeah, definitely ducking him..

• Registered Users Posts: 1,588 ✭✭✭derfderf

I doubt Khabib is ducking him, but if he really wanted this fight to happen there was no need to fly out to Abu Dhabi a month before the fight.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,205 ✭✭✭Lucas Hood

derfderf wrote: »
    I doubt Khabib is ducking him, but if he really wanted this fight to happen there was no need to fly out to Abu Dhabi a month before the fight.

Dana white apparently told him that where the was going to be.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,313 ✭✭✭Gillespy

Goddamnit again? I just wanted to see Ferguson rid the UFC of Khabib the same way Fury rid heavyweight boxing for the Klitschkos.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,532 ✭✭✭EagererBeaver

Gillespy wrote: »
    Goddamnit again? I just wanted to see Ferguson rid the UFC of Khabib the same way Fury rid heavyweight boxing for the Klitschkos.

Fury never fought Vitali.

Wladimir subsequently fought AJ in a brilliant fight.

But yeah, Fury rid heavyweight boxing of the Klitschkos alright.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 38,930 ✭✭✭✭eagle eye

Gamb!t wrote:
    At least have your facts right if you are going to make a factual statement.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,397 ✭✭✭xtal191

Neither of them are afraid of the other, such nonsense

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,134 ✭✭✭dashoonage

Mcgregor is afraid of them both. There. I said it.

Im not a Conor fan at all but Im not a Khabib one either,
    I think he's a scumbag who uses his religion to hide what he is truly like , The incidents with the homeless man , Cornering Artem with his team , his manger Ali , loads of examples ,

Anyway I thought Tony missed a huge chance to get under his skin when they where talking about the street fight ,
    Khabib was already getting flustered and upset but if Tony had of been sharp enough to say " sure you hide on the bus from McGregor " Khabib would have really lost his **** ,

Id love to see Tony become the champ hes as mad as a box of frogs, he reminds me of the jock in a bad 80's highschool movie ,

• Closed Accounts Posts: 146 ✭✭PyreOfHellfire

Im not a Conor fan at all but Im not a Khabib one either,
    I think he's a scumbag who uses his religion to hide what he is truly like , The incidents with the homeless man , Cornering Artem with his team , his manger Ali , loads of examples ,

Anyway I thought Tony missed a huge chance to get under his skin when they where talking about the street fight ,
    Khabib was already getting flustered and upset but if Tony had of been sharp enough to say " sure you hide on the bus from McGregor " Khabib would have really lost his **** ,

Id love to see Tony become the champ hes as mad as a box of frogs, he reminds me of the jock in a bad 80's highschool movie ,

This never gets talked about but is definitely a level of scumbag behaviour that is hard to wash away. I wonder what Khabib thinks should happen to gay people, considering him and his team seem to think women shouldn't even be allowed to fight in MMA I'd say he would dodge that question faster than he would Tony Ferguson.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,604 ✭✭✭dave1982

Cormier posted masdival usman both agree to fight on April 18..thats a good fight

I'm starting to think khabib Tony is jinxed for reason maybe some one of um really hurt or worse if they did fight

Usman destroys Masvidal imo, honestly don't think it would be competitive

• Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 12,812 Mod ✭✭✭✭riffmongous

This never gets talked about but is definitely a level of scumbag behaviour that is hard to wash away. I wonder what Khabib thinks should happen to gay people, considering him and his team seem to think women shouldn't even be allowed to fight in MMA I'd say he would dodge that question faster than he would Tony Ferguson.

https://www.bloodyelbow.com/2019/2/6/18213845/ufc-champ-khabib-nurmagomedov-poses-ramzan-kadyrov-gay-purge-reports-mma-crime-dictator

• Closed Accounts Posts: 146 ✭✭PyreOfHellfire

xtal191 wrote: »

Agreed. But then again I lost money on Usman vs Woodley thinking the exact same thing and it turned out to not be competitive in the other direction. It would be a great fight either way.

:eek:
    Never seen that. Makes my hatred of Conor seem misguided. Very hard to root for Khabib if that rematch were to ever happen.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 23,923 ✭✭✭✭mailburner

not sure about destroying him but it would be a handy points win imo

not really a match up that would interest me, masvidal at lw v tony on the other hand :cool:

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 29,901 ✭✭✭✭Zero-Cool

Jon plead guilty, got 4 days house arrest and community service. Says he takes full responsibility and has some personal work to do with his bad relationship with alcohol.

4 days house arrest.... during a lockdown...

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,739 ✭✭✭ASOT

Zero-Cool wrote: »
    Jon plead guilty, got 4 days house arrest and community service. Says he takes full responsibility and has some personal work to do with his bad relationship with alcohol.

He only got done for the dwi also, all other charges dropped.

His statement was a load of bollox too.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 39,601 ✭✭✭✭Mellor

I think he's a scumbag who uses his religion to hide what he is truly like
    A lot of shiitty actions are hidden by religion.

Another opinion is they are caused by religion in the first place.

• Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 12,812 Mod ✭✭✭✭riffmongous

Agreed. But then again I lost money on Usman vs Woodley thinking the exact same thing and it turned out to not be competitive in the other direction. It would be a great fight either way.

:eek:
    Never seen that. Makes my hatred of Conor seem misguided. Very hard to root for Khabib if that rematch were to ever happen.

Well there's stuff alleged about Conor that we can't mention that wouldn't make it so misguided.. wouldn't be a fan of either anymore tbh and they won't get a penny out of me

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,280 ✭✭✭✭mdwexford

Zero-Cool wrote: »

How can he get off that easily.
    Guy must have some serious connections working on his behalf.

Twice the drinking limit firing a gun and they donate him a plea deal where he keeps his license, gets a $500 fine and 48 hours community service.
    Neither of them are afraid of the other, such nonsense

Good to see someone talking sense. So ridiculous when fat lads on Facebook are saying fighters are afraid and pussies etc

• Advertisement

As in previous posts I do think Khabib is a bit of a scumbag but one thing I will say for Khabib is that if your from or living in that region and Ramzan Kadyrov calls for a meeting its virtually impossible to say no
    It wouldn't be worth the hassle for your family or you to make your true feelings know about him ,

As in previous posts I do think Khabib is a bit of a scumbag but one thing I will say for Khabib is that if your from or living in that region and Ramzan Kadyrov calls for a meeting its virtually impossible to say no
    It wouldn't be worth the hassle for your family or you to make your true feelings know about him ,

Agree with this sure that Ramzan Kadyrov fella is always hanging out with other mma fighters/boxers and athletes, its not just Khabib

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,423 ✭✭✭✭Outlaw Pete

What the hell does be going on in that gym :p

https://twitter.com/sineadkavanagh0/status/1245307450955313152

What the hell does be going on in that gym :p

https://twitter.com/sineadkavanagh0/status/1245307450955313152
    Sounds like an average BJJ session

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,120 ✭✭✭shrapnel222

Dana White seems to have confirmed Conor stepping in against Ferguson. April fools or not?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,683 ✭✭✭monty_python

Dana White seems to have confirmed Conor stepping in against Ferguson. April fools or not?

Where did you read that? I call BS on it

Where did you read that? I call BS on it

https://www.essentiallysports.com/ufc-news-official-conor-mcgregor-agrees-to-fight-tony-ferguson-at-ufc-249/

and i agree, stinks of april fools

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 14,837 ✭✭✭✭callaway92

Come on like..........

** just saw your edit ha

Of course it's April Fools!!

Essentially Sports breaking the news ha

callaway92 wrote: »
    Come on like..........

** just saw your edit ha

Of course it's April Fools!!

Essentially Sports breaking the news ha

weirdly, when i saw this pop up on my phone, it comes with a tweet from Dana saying it's on which is why i looked at it originally, which wasn't there when i copied the link on the laptop

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 29,901 ✭✭✭✭Zero-Cool

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,532 ✭✭✭EagererBeaver

Even if Khabib is able to travel, there's still 2.5 weeks of pressure that'll come down on top of Dana and the UFC to cancel everything. Just can't see it going ahead at all.

Plus, bear in mind what day it is.

Khabib confirms the fight is officially cancelled
    https://themaclife.com/featured-posts/khabib-nurmagomedov-confirms-april/

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,613 ✭✭✭Mehaffey1

And there we have it from The Bear's Mouth it seems.

Is it worth joining in with the millions of comments saying the same thing that any fight/event should be postponed at this point.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,081 ✭✭✭Fromvert

I await Dana calling him a pussy for doing the sensible thing.

I wonder how the UFC and their owners Endeavor are doing. The UFC trying so hard to keep events going points that a lot of cash may not be available.

- Endevour had to cancel their IPO after not getting favourable market signs
    - UFC had to shell out $300m to the celebrities/Endeavor that invested leaving them with $50m on hand

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,396 ✭✭✭Gamb!t

A sensible decision from him.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,739 ✭✭✭ASOT

It's mad seeing how hung up people are getting on a fight that was never going to happen.

No venue, coronavirus getting worse etc

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,604 ✭✭✭dave1982

Going all Mike goldberg here but on 1st April 2018 and 1st April 2020 are 2 of the dates fights cancelled

• Registered Users Posts: 1,588 ✭✭✭derfderf

Lucas Hood wrote: »
    Dana white apparently told him that where the was going to be.

Oh i get that, but with all that's going on, and things changing every day, he shouldn't have flown out so early.
    Now I don't blame Khabib for not wanting to fight, completely understandable.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,135 ✭✭✭akelly02

Mind games against khabib are useless. Literally the more **** you talk , the more he smesh you

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,741 ✭✭✭Quantum Erasure

governments of all countries, famous people around the world urge people to follow all safety requirements in order to limit the spread of the disease, to save people,
    nod to McGregor there?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 39,601 ✭✭✭✭Mellor

Fromvert wrote: »
    - UFC had to shell out $300m to the celebrities/Endeavor that invested leaving them with $50m on hand
    They didn’t have to shell out money against their will.
    The decision to pay out a dividend is their own.

What do people think of Tony/gaethje for the belt?
    Will Dana go for it? Surely he must be pissed with khabib and he could punish him that way

What do people think of Tony/gaethje for the belt?
    Will Dana go for it? Surely he must be pissed with khabib and he could punish him that way
    What will he punish him for, exactly?

• Advertisement

Tazzimus wrote: »
    What will he punish him for, exactly?
    Seriously??

Messing up Dana's 5 attempt of making the khaby/Tony fight
    Im not saying he should be punished, I'm asking will dana look at it that way and strip him

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement