Boards.ie uses cookies. By continuing to browse this site you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Click here to find out more x

22-10-2018, 13:55   #1
likeadoctor

Bus Eireann interview process

Hey all,

I have applied for work as a driver with Bus Eireann and just heard back- after about three months! I am wondering if anyone knows about their recruitment process?

I've been given a date and location to show up for the first of several stages:

- Supervised assessments.
- Interview.
- Driving assessment.
- Production of satisfactory references.
- Pre-employment medical examination.

So a "supervised written assessment". Does anyone know what this will be about? I was given no information beyond this and I have got a much better chance of a swift response on here than from themselves. My best guess would be an assessment of my knowledge of the rules of the road perhaps?

Any genuine insight or advice would be greatly appreciated!
Advertisement
23-10-2018, 00:33   #2
gbob

Quote:
Originally Posted by likeadoctor View Post
Hey all,

I have applied for work as a driver with Bus Eireann and just heard back- after about three months! I am wondering if anyone knows about their recruitment process?

- Interview.
- Driving assessment.

Over 20yrs since mine but unless it's changed, an aptitude test with basic math and a report writing exercise. It's nothing too taxing.
23-10-2018, 01:05   #3
likeadoctor

Thanks a million, gbob!

Are you still with them? I'd be interested to know your opinion of them in general- pretty new driver myself!
23-10-2018, 01:15   #4
gbob

Quote:
Thanks a million, gbob!

Are you still with them? I'd be interested to know your opinion of them in general- pretty new driver myself!
I quit very recently, as long as you're prepared for long shifts, very little free time, work ¾ weekends, and constant passenger problems, you'll be ok. For me it was too much of a sacrifice and I needed to find a better balance in life... On the plus side, the pay is still prob the best in the industry, it's a relatively clean job, and they don't abuse the regs too much.
23-10-2018, 01:33   #5
likeadoctor

Haha, that sounds awful! But to be honest it's exactly what I'm looking for. Put the head down, avoid spending and save save save!

Thanks again for the input, it's very much appreciated- and best of luck with whatever is next for you!
Advertisement
05-11-2018, 16:30   #6
kevwalsh044

Quote:
Hey all,

- Interview.
- Driving assessment.

So a "supervised written assessment". Does anyone know what this will be about? I was given no information beyond this and I have got a much better chance of a swift response on here than from themselves. My best guess would be an assessment of my knowledge of the rules of the road perhaps?

Hi there .

How did you get on with your supervised assessment ? I have one tomorrow and way wondering what it involves . I presume it it's like you said rules of the road etc basic maths maybe. Best if luck with the process.
06-11-2018, 15:24   #7
likeadoctor

Quote:
Originally Posted by kevwalsh044 View Post
Hi there.

How did you get on with your supervised assessment? I have one tomorrow and was wondering what it involves. I presume it's like you said rules of the road etc basic maths maybe. Best of luck with the process.
Mine was today also! How did you find it? I haven't done maths like that since national school so I was well put out! Didn't even answer the multiplication question- cannot for the life of me remember how to multiply multi-digit numbers together!! Hopefully they don't take me out of the running just because of that... I've two degrees but damn, simple arithmetic stumped me today lol
06-11-2018, 15:34   #8
kevwalsh044

Quote:
Mine was today also! How did you find it? I haven't done maths like that since national school so I was well put out! Didn't even answer the multiplication question- cannot for the life of me remember how to multiply multi-digit numbers together!! Hopefully they don't take me out of the running just because of that... I've two degrees but damn, simple arithmetic stumped me today lol
I was in the same boat with the 2 multiplication questions everything else was fine . Ah well all we can do is hope .
06-11-2018, 15:47   #9
likeadoctor

Quote:
Originally Posted by kevwalsh044 View Post
I was in the same boat with the 2 multiplication questions everything else was fine . Ah well all we can do is hope .
Dunno how we'd manage as bus drivers if we couldn't multiply large numbers together.....! Best of luck anyway!
Advertisement
Today, 19:41   #10
Patser

Quote:
Dunno how we'd manage as bus drivers if we couldn't multiply large numbers together.....! Best of luck anyway!
Bus Eireann drivers still handle cash ticket sales, so when 2 adults get on buying 2 x 12.30 return tickets, hand you a €50 but then 1 remembers he has a student card so now wants a €10.50 return card....oh and his little sister is also hiding behind him so add on a child ticket...and they also twitter open so they can complain you have them 20c too little change.

Quick Reply
Bold
Italic
Underline

Insert Image
Wrap [QUOTE] tags around selected text

Decrease Size
Increase Size
Please sign up or log in to join the discussion