Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

FIFA 13

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 5,889 ✭✭✭evad_lhorg

I dont like the way they have taken away the player trait symbols beside the names when doing team management. It was handy just going through the teams you dont know so well to see what guys have pace and that without having to click in on them.

• Registered Users Posts: 23 RYZE

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,651 ✭✭✭stiffler123

Downloading now. 287 minutes left and rising:mad:

• Registered Users Posts: 2,418 ✭✭✭curry-muff

RYZE wrote: »

Your voice is horrendously annoying, apart from that though very good and informative video.

Check if Morgan Freeman is free for your next one ;)

• Registered Users Posts: 7,116 ✭✭✭Professional Griefer

Players warming up on the side is pretty cool.

I really like the game, but I ****ing hate playing against the computer.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,959 ✭✭✭Jesus Shaves

No ps3 demo

• Registered Users Posts: 947 ✭✭✭Shzm

No ps3 demo

It's on the USA store at least.

• Registered Users Posts: 9,825 ✭✭✭Mikeyt086

I can confirm that if you load the Demo and don't sign in to the servers you get squads from around July, Van Persie and Song at Arsenal etc.

Had a quick go with RVP on Arsenal and struggled to get the ball to him, then got an inch of space and absolutely pinged one into the top corner, as I was not signed in to EA server I couldn't upload it but I recorded it and I'll show yous later. Gonna be so much fun with RVP and Rooney up top for United.

EDIT: Here it is:

• Registered Users Posts: 5,320 ✭✭✭v3ttel

Marco Reus burned my defender for pace completely and got to the ball and delivered a cross.

Not really a change there. Pace is always very important.
    miralize wrote: »
    Is Cazorla in your demo? For some it is, for others it isnt apparently

Not on the Xbox anyways (either online or off).
    Nemanja91 wrote: »
    Anyone notice "Curry Gibbs" when playing with arsenal?

Yeah, I thought I was just hearing things first. WTF.
    Jeff shreeves injury update from the sideline biggrin.png

This is a very nice touch. I'll mostly play online though, so I'll probably never get to hear this when the game comes out.

I half expected him to burst on to the pitch when I missed a chance with Tevez when I was losing 0-1. "Carlos, you've just missed your teams final chance of the game. This means your team is going to lose and you will NOT be playing the next game"
    Mikeyt086 wrote: »
    The game does seem a tad fast for me, although with 3min halves it would have to be or nothing would happen.

3min halves is such a slap in the face. Why not just give us 5?

Agree about the 5 min halves.

I think the game speed is perfect though. It seems a lot more like Ultimate Team 12. The H2H speed last year was a bit too slow. Hopefully FUT13 and H2H in 13 are the same speed.

I really like it overall. Some of the forward runs of the Dortmund players were just fantastic. With the forward runs being so good, countering will probably be even more important than usual.

Can't wait for the web app to open.

• Registered Users Posts: 110 ✭✭opengoal

Played about 20 games or so now, impressions:

Nicely balanced, they seem to adjusted the impact engine and that works a treat when defending.

Faster than 12, however with first touch you might need to use speed more sparingly.

You need to play more tactically in order to break teams down, I think possession and patience will be key although ai players do seem to make better runs off the ball.

It's hard to put it into words, but it justs feels overall better than 12 which I found was a bit boring.

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 80,035 Mod ✭✭✭✭Sephiroth_dude

I'm guessing there won't be any demo for vita?

• Registered Users Posts: 6,731 ✭✭✭Fowler87

4pm release today for PS3 just been announced

• Registered Users Posts: 1,191 ✭✭✭BKC

Where is it? :confused:

• Registered Users Posts: 5,209 ✭✭✭Redzer7

Fowler87 wrote: »

Lads seriously just make an American account you don't even need to verify the email, just use San Franciso, California and the postal code 90210.

Literally takes about 2 minutes.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,651 ✭✭✭stiffler123

It's too fast imo. It's also a lot harder to defend this year. I do like the first touch though.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,068 ✭✭✭yermandan

How does first touch work on Ps3 lads? I presume a flick of the direction stem in the direction you want?

yermandan wrote: »
    How does first touch work on Ps3 lads? I presume a flick of the direction stem in the direction you want?

Where you are holding the left analogue stick as you receive a pass is where you will attempt to take the ball with your first touch.

So if you want to take a ball in stride it will be more difficult with poorer players. If you have time your better off taking the touch in the direction the ball came from to control it, otherwise it could bounce off. This mis-control bounce can either give the opponent a chance to take the ball or it can actually benefit you in taking it into space/past a player. It's more unpredictable and far more realistic.

Also flicking the right stick will attempt to control and go in a given direction all in one movement, can be a really nice way of beating a man with your first touch the way Bale/McClean like to do. If the ball is in the air there are different variant for taking the touch and some of them look incredible.

It's a very positive step imo.

• Registered Users Posts: 19,081 ✭✭✭✭Liam O

I see defenders can still leave out a lazy leg and win the ball clean against the likes of Reus, Gotse, RVP etc. (players in the demo) really thought they might do a bit of work on defense this year but players still just stand there as attacking players make runs, hopefully there's a tactics option that you can get the CPU to try and block passing lanes, rather than me having to control 5 players in 10 seconds to try and do it myself.

Pace seems to have nearly the same impact too, rather than defenders taking a few steps back and trying to force a pacy player down the line they'll either hop in after the first touch or be completely out of position for the ensuing run.

Dribbling looks like it could be improved but will have to play against a human first before I properly judge that as the CPU can be a bit of a cheat :p

Liam O wrote: »
    I see defenders can still leave out a lazy leg and win the ball clean against the likes of Reus, Gotse, RVP etc. (players in the demo) really thought they might do a bit of work on defense this year but players still just stand there as attacking players make runs, hopefully there's a tactics option that you can get the CPU to try and block passing lanes, rather than me having to control 5 players in 10 seconds to try and do it myself.

Pace seems to have nearly the same impact too, rather than defenders taking a few steps back and trying to force a pacy player down the line they'll either hop in after the first touch or be completely out of position for the ensuing run.

Dribbling looks like it could be improved but will have to play against a human first before I properly judge that as the CPU can be a bit of a cheat :p

I do this aswell. The noise from the frenzy of button pressing freaks my mates out and they always think I'm doing some sort of cheat code. "What the f#ck are you doing with all those buttons over there!?" and "Course I didn't win with him pressing f#ckin' secret buttons!" are heard all too often.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,959 ✭✭✭Jesus Shaves

Redzer7 wrote: »
    Lads seriously just make an American account you don't even need to verify the email, just use San Franciso, California and the postal code 90210.

downloading now from an American account, will that means its also available to play under my original profile?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,507 ✭✭✭Finical

downloading now from an American account, will that means its also available to play under my original profile?

Yep you will be able use on any account.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,977 ✭✭✭Soby

Offsides = a yellow card now ? :P

• Registered Users Posts: 6,731 ✭✭✭Fowler87

Redzer7 wrote: »

No problem waiting

No problem waiting

Just letting everyone know. Saves people waiting around :)

Seems good so far.

I was trying to take normal shots off little movement last night as that was a big gripe of mine in 12. You had to be walking at full pace for 2/3 seconds to get off a powerful shot. If you were moving at no pace(1 step) you had to finesse it.
    This year it seems better at getting away a decent powered shot when prodding around a packed box.

Also I scored a first time shot, they were pathetic in 12. You basically had to take a touch or else it would trickle at 2mph.

One thing that did happen in my last game though that I didn't like. CPU had a corner, the ball came in.... I ran at the landing zone and pressed header(I may have pressed square though i.e tackle/clearance header)but the CPU got there first and my lad just pushed into the back of the attacker and sent him flying for a penalty.

I hope things like that aren't in the final build. Penalties are given cheaply enough at times using standing tackles would be a nightmare if you were giving them away while trying to win headers from corner. My player didn't even jump, just ran through the opponent.

Playing on World Class is great!
    Was playing as Dortmund and beat Milan 2 nil in a great game.
    Played another as Arsenal and got destroyed by Milan but the score only finished 1 nil :pac:.

Finding it hard to win any headers.:pac:

• Registered Users Posts: 5,320 ✭✭✭v3ttel

The CBs really seem noticeable when you are taking attacking corners now. Lescott and Kompany really stand out as dangermen. They seem to attack the ball very well with aggression like in real life, where as Milner won't really.

Before, you'd send CBs up from corners and you might as well have any player up there. Nobody would really throw themselves at it.

A bit hard to describe what I mean, but it has a better feel about it I guess.

• Registered Users Posts: 13,090 ✭✭✭✭How Soon Is Now

By the time i get to play this demo might as well just wait for the full game :pac:

• Registered Users Posts: 23,115 ✭✭✭✭J. Marston

Seems good so far.

I was trying to take normal shots off little movement last night as that was a big gripe of mine in 12. You had to be walking at full pace for 2/3 seconds to get off a powerful shot. If you were moving at no pace(1 step) you had to finesse it.
    This year it seems better at getting away a decent powered shot when prodding around a packed box.

Also I scored a first time shot, they were pathetic in 12. You basically had to take a touch or else it would trickle at 2mph.

One thing that did happen in my last game though that I didn't like. CPU had a corner, the ball came in.... I ran at the landing zone and pressed header(I may have pressed square though i.e tackle/clearance header)but the CPU got there first and my lad just pushed into the back of the attacker and sent him flying for a penalty.

I hope things like that aren't in the final build. Penalties are given cheaply enough at times using standing tackles would be a nightmare if you were giving them away while trying to win headers from corner. My player didn't even jump, just ran through the opponent.

That was what annoyed me most last year. Running into the box and cutting it back to the edge of the box for a player who was running on to the ball and when he took the shot, it would have no power at all and just roll along the ground barely reaching the keeper. Good to hear that it's fixed.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 10,364 ✭✭✭✭Kylo Ren

Keepers can get sent off!

Finally.

Advertisement