Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Storm Dennis ** Please read Mod Note in OP**

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 5,963 ✭✭✭TheMilkyPirate

Wexford match goes ahead for whoever was asking about it last night. I live a minute walk from the park, hasn't rained since about 5am and it's windy now but nothing bad at all.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,884 ✭✭✭SlowBlowin

Another big lightening strike in Sneem, power out everywhere in and around Sneem.

• Registered Users Posts: 32,634 ✭✭✭✭Graces7

Bold and brisk out there. Would chill the very marrow in your bones..The UK have the army out

• Registered Users Posts: 774 ✭✭✭Musefan

Snowing here near Bailieborough, Cavan

LOUD long thunderclap.. and another..hailstorm ..sleety rain sideways descending. ...SO COLD!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,475 ✭✭✭Jpmarn

Not too bad in between the showers near Limerick City. But the winds do Really pick up in showers and we're probably in some severe or maybe violent gusts today. Went to a local dance last night and driving home noticed quite a few twigs and small logs on the road.

• Registered Users Posts: 584 ✭✭✭aisling86

Squall just passed through macroom & was expecting the wind to pick up behind it but there isnt a blade of grass moving. Must drive to killarney and back between 11.30 & 3.30. Hopefully it wont be too bad but please let me know if ye think it will be.

aisling86 wrote: »
    Squall just passed through macroom & was expecting the wind to pick up behind it but there isnt a blade of grass moving. Must drive to killarney and back between 11.30 & 3.30. Hopefully it wont be too bad but please let me know if ye think it will be.

Envy you that drive... Still miss Killarney. It is high up at times though. Exposed ,

• Registered Users Posts: 15,822 ✭✭✭✭Discodog

Storm 10 wrote: »
    At some stage during the morning my station recorded a wind gust of 70mph in Galway

I am just back from a walk, along the shore, that I have done literally thousands of times. This is the strongest wind I have ever experienced & the local farmer agrees. At times we were struggling to stay on our feet.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,125 ✭✭✭dashoonage

Grand morning here in county limerick dog walked not a bother and shes outside happy out in the sunshine. Not seeing much to warrant a orange warning yet. maybe later.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 4,705 ✭✭✭endainoz

Just back from high tide at Doolin pier, pretty high alright. Took the pic from inside a vehicle, couple of idiots were moving a bit too close to the sea. One guy got a bit freaked out when water came way up the slipway to meet him. Wasn't long getting out of the way then!

• Registered Users Posts: 4,677 ✭✭✭SleetAndSnow

Thunder and lightning in cork city

• Registered Users Posts: 39,438 ✭✭✭✭Itssoeasy

Hop outta that. Was that thunder in cork city ?

• Registered Users Posts: 6,316 ✭✭✭sunbabe08

thunder in cork city. yikes, that just woke me up

• Registered Users Posts: 14,244 ✭✭✭✭leahyl

OMG the loudest clap of thunder I EVER heard right over our house!!! Crazy hail showers

• Registered Users Posts: 990 ✭✭✭MrDerp

leahyl wrote: »
    OMG the loudest clap of thunder I EVER heard right over our house!!! Crazy hail showers

Just had the same clap in Ballintemple, cork city. My wife was watching hailstones on a velux window and was blinded for a second, then an almighty bang almost immediately after.

Dogs have just about settled down ...

• Closed Accounts Posts: 135 ✭✭moonlighting_1

look at the size of this thing. surprised its not a red warning

https://www.ventusky.com/?p=57.5;-8.9;4&l=pressure&w=fast

• Registered Users Posts: 440 ✭✭je551e

Still really nice here in south kerry , is there parts that this storm won’t reach ?

• Registered Users Posts: 14,244 ✭✭✭✭leahyl

MrDerp wrote: »
    Just had the same clap in Ballintemple, cork city. My wife was watching hailstones on a velux window and was blinded for a second, then an almighty bang almost immediately after.

Dogs have just about settled down ...

I’m on the Northside - literally thought the house was gonna come in around us!

Sky still looking ominous so I’d say we can expect more

• Registered Users Posts: 3,033 ✭✭✭redsteveireland

Waiting for the reports to start flooding in as this make its way across land.
    Anyone around Ennis?

I can hear distant rumbles and the wind has increased ahead of it, some lovely people have their horses left out on a piece of rough land behind us.

• Advertisement

Somebody just shot the sky.. It broke into tiny icy fragments and hurtled to earth.

Attacking windows and shrieking ….wolf howls...

• Registered Users Posts: 5,234 ✭✭✭Cody montana

sunbabe08 wrote: »
    thunder in cork city. yikes, that just woke me up

I was awake and it woke me up too!
    Some bang.

• Registered Users Posts: 694 ✭✭✭jackrussel

The blitzortung map has the strike down west cork. Don’t know how they came up with that

A purple warning.. Looks terrifying.. Is that what this sudden fracas is? Never seen or heard the like.

West Mayo offshore waters; island

• Registered Users Posts: 118 ✭✭Gerianam

Stay safe, Graces xx

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 3,316 ✭✭✭nthclare

Just had a huge hail shower in North Clare,.

Around the Corofin area, looks like it snowed outside

• Registered Users Posts: 1,490 ✭✭✭typhoony

Impressive storm in galway city now, in a line that goes all the way down to kerry

• Registered Users Posts: 1,618 ✭✭✭flexcon

https://streamable.com/ydzxg

Cork a few mins ago.

I have motion detection on and it glitched right as the lightning struck. You can actually hear the window vibrating off against the lens. Loudest bang I ever heard honestly!

• Registered Users Posts: 10,063 ✭✭✭✭Oscar Bravo

flexcon wrote: »
    https://streamable.com/ydzxg

Cork a few mins ago.

I have motion detection on and it glitched right as the lightning struck. You can actually hear the window vibrating off against the lens. Loudest bang I ever heard honestly!

Nice one!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 4,705 ✭✭✭endainoz

Because the winds aren't high enough for it. Impressive system alright, lucky it's out in the Atlantic.

Advertisement