Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Gym in Sandyford?

Options
  • 09-03-2019 6:04pm
    Registered Users Posts: 4

HEY,

About to move to Sandyford with work moving near the new Microsoft.

Looking for recommendations for a solid strength training gym in Sandyford?.
    Well looked after and good atmosphere.

Looking forward to hearing some suggestions, google is great and all but cant beat asking those who know..... ;)

Ideally somewhere with a free trial too oh and parking in the evening.

Thanks in advance.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 17,506 ✭✭✭✭Mr. CooL ICE

Recently discussed here: https://touch.boards.ie/thread/2057954016

Re Southside. It has limited parking outside but on street parking should be free after 6. Same parking rules would cover BHAF and Gourmet Fuel

• Registered Users Posts: 4 BreenBean

Hi tried Flyefit in Dundrum and I could not fit more than 220kg on the bar and their bars are awful they had zero knurling, but you get what you pay for I guess.

Anyone trained in Southside or Raw which is better for strength training? - not too fond of the youtube blogger comment mind you the user in that thread also wants to leave Southside so might not be a good gym either.

• Registered Users Posts: 24,557 ✭✭✭✭Alf Veedersane

BreenBean wrote: »
    Hi tried Flyefit in Dundrum and I could not fit more than 220kg on the bar and their bars are awful they had zero knurling, but you get what you pay for I guess.

Anyone trained in Southside or Raw which is better for strength training? - not too fond of the youtube blogger comment mind you the user in that thread also wants to leave Southside so might not be a good gym either.

The person in that thread that wanted to leave Southside was only doing so because, for some reason, they found the familiarity counter productive. Wasn't anything to do with the gym, which appears to be pretty good.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,673 ✭✭✭juke

Recently discussed here: https://touch.boards.ie/thread/2057954016

Re Southside. It has limited parking outside but on street parking should be free after 6. Same parking rules would cover BHAF and Gourmet Fuel

Plenty of free parking at BHAF.

• Registered Users Posts: 17,506 ✭✭✭✭Mr. CooL ICE

juke wrote: »
    Plenty of free parking at BHAF.

No doubt, but I was referring to the on street parking bit. Those three gyms are all in the same industrial estate.

• Advertisement

So anyone tried Raw or Southside?

• Registered Users Posts: 192 ✭✭heno86

Yeh both good gyms, all the equipment you would need and they both do free day passes. best bet would be try them out at the times you would use them usually and check atmosphere/parking

• Registered Users Posts: 5,982 ✭✭✭Caliden

Southside has all the equipment you would ever need. It has bumper plates as well as normal ones so no bother getting more than 220 on a bar.
    Dumbbells up to 80kg and plenty of benches.

It seems to get new equipment fairly frequently which is a good sign and got new strongman stuff in recent weeks.

Not a dig at anyone but Southside don't allow you record/vlog while in the gym which is in contrast with Raw.

• Registered Users Posts: 24,557 ✭✭✭✭Alf Veedersane

Caliden wrote: »
    Not a dig at anyone but Southside don't allow you record/vlog while in the gym which is in contrast with Raw.

You can record lifts in Southside though, right?

I've seen a few people with their lifts on Instagram anyway.

But not vlogging so you can put up new 'content' for your family to pretend to watch.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,982 ✭✭✭Caliden

You can record lifts in Southside though, right?

I've seen a few people with their lifts on Instagram anyway.

But not vlogging so you can put up new 'content' for your family to pretend to watch.

Yea lifts are ok but they do ask any vloggers to stop which is a fair enough policy I think anyway

• Advertisement

Thanks for the replies.

Joined Southside in the end.

Not sure on the filming but I have not seen a single camera or youtuber in sight since i joined which is fine by me.

Advertisement