Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

The 'trampoline wars' FG Off Topic Thread

Options

Comments

• Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 51,129 Mod ✭✭✭✭Necro

Off the top of my head:

Dinosaurs
    True Crime
    Brexit
    European Union

• Registered Users Posts: 13,360 ✭✭✭✭Kolido

Barney92 wrote: »
    If anyone could give me a hand it would be greatly appreciated.

I'm making a game of Jeopardy. I've got 9 of the 12 categories done. If anyone has any good ideas for a category (potentially word play based) that I could make five questions out of I'd be very grateful.

Fun with flags :)

• Registered Users Posts: 2,906 ✭✭✭Barney92

Kolido wrote: »
    Fun with flags :)

As it happens one of them is flag based :)

sullivlo wrote: »
    I got a new phone. It's a blokia.

Just kidding. It is a Nokia though. So far I love it. It's only been a few hours, and it's android after me being an apple fanboy for so long. But it's grand!

Im planning on getting a new phone also and looking at Nokia also. May I ask which one you got Sulli and how its been after a few days?

• Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 9,994 Mod ✭✭✭✭sullivlo

Nokia 7.1. I love it so far. It’s got an amazing camera. I’ve had no issues to date!

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 445 ✭✭Teddy Daniels

Nokia 7.1. I love it so far. It’s got an amazing camera. I’ve had no issues to date!

I work in a sensititive enough field and we were told not to use those due to the snooping issues.

I work in a sensititive enough field and we were told not to use those due to the snooping issues.

I currently have a Huawei :o The snoopiest of snoopy phone manufacturers.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 445 ✭✭Teddy Daniels

I currently have a Huawei :o The snoopiest of snoopy phone manufacturers.

Lol the US has a real issue with them all right, I wouldn’t be encouraged to use one of those either.

• Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 9,994 Mod ✭✭✭✭sullivlo

\__/

My cup of care is empty ;)

I use my phone for WhatsApp and calls. Sometimes boards. Feck all else. They’re welcome to have an auld snoop.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,283 ✭✭✭fixXxer

I got a Nokia 7 Plus on Vodafone when I switched. Lovely phone so it is. Have a look at the Chinese Android phone thread for some of the Xiaomi phones. Save you a far bit and good quality.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,880 ✭✭✭MrsFlushdraw

Evening all? how is everyone on this fine Tuesday night? :D

My laptop isn't talking to me, she said she feels very very neglected.

Evening all? how is everyone on this fine Tuesday night? :D

My laptop isn't talking to me, she said she feels very very neglected.

I handed in my last assignment for my master's yesterday... So unless I fail any of them, I'm done!!

• Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 51,129 Mod ✭✭✭✭Necro

I see the otters are trying to find you sully. They want retribution I hear :P

Necro wrote: »
    I see the otters are trying to find you sully. They want retribution I hear :P
    They’re coypus.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,880 ✭✭✭MrsFlushdraw

I handed in my last assignment for my master's yesterday... So unless I fail any of them, I'm done!!

Best of luck with that and hope you didn't fail anything!

Best of luck with that and hope you didn't fail anything!
    I am sitting on 68%. I doubt my thesis was below 60 and the last assignment was an open book test... I’m as close to qualified as I can get.

• Registered Users Posts: 11,387 ✭✭✭✭Green&Red

Whats it in?

• Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 16,287 Mod ✭✭✭✭quickbeam

How’s the new job going MrsF? Not really ‘new’ any more, you’re probably well settled in.

Good luck, Sully. Do we have to call you Dr Sully when you pass?

quickbeam wrote: »
    How’s the new job going MrsF? Not really ‘new’ any more, you’re probably well settled in.

Good luck, Sully. Do we have to call you Dr Sully when you pass?
    I’m already Dr Sully ;)

Sully, B.Sc. (Hons), M. Ed., Ph.D. (I think)

Green&Red wrote: »
    Whats it in?
    Edumucation.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 13,404 ✭✭✭✭sKeith

I’m already Dr Sully ;)

Sully, B.Sc. (Hons), M. Ed., Ph.D. (I think)
    the talking horse?

Big shmoke bound tomorrow for a promotion interview. Been spending last day or so matching my work history to the competencies and now I'm bored.

• Registered Users Posts: 35,024 ✭✭✭✭Baggly

I put in for a temporary transfer within my dept to cover my counterpart with another brand.

Its basically the same job, but will look good that i have worked with both brands, if a higher up job pops up.

Does that mean relocation or anything Pter? Or just a different company run from same offices

Necro wrote:
    Does that mean relocation or anything Pter? Or just a different company run from same offices

I'd probably have to move from my desk to the desk opposite my desk.

:pac:

Trying times indeed :P

I'm hoping if I get through the interview I'll get an offer in Sligo which would mean a lot less travelling. And normal working hours again!

Pter is the convert!

I really like my current desk. My back is to a wall which is good for skiving. New desk wouldn't be.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,566 ✭✭✭Mollyb60

Pter wrote: »
    I really like my current desk. My back is to a wall which is good for skiving. New desk wouldn't be.

OMG will this affect your posting? :eek:

• Advertisement

Could do. Probably not though.

Advertisement