Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

The 'trampoline wars' FG Off Topic Thread

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 6,046 ✭✭✭kitten_k

But in all seriousness by we I meant my department

• Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 51,217 Mod ✭✭✭✭Necro

Green&Red wrote:
    What’s the job?

Irish FBI :P

Well not really but I work with the Pulse system creating and updating incidents for the Gardai

• Registered Users Posts: 11,387 ✭✭✭✭Green&Red

Necro wrote: »
    Irish FBI :P

Well not really but I work with the Pulse system creating and updating incidents for the Gardai

So we can drive to and from the beers is what I’m hearing

• Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 51,217 Mod ✭✭✭✭Necro

Green&Red wrote:
    So we can drive to and from the beers is what I’m hearing

:eek:

I mean... I might know the locations of a lot of checkpoints but that gosh darn Secrecies Act :(

:eek:

I mean... I might know the locations of a lot of checkpoints but that gosh darn Secrecies Act :(

All I need is a back room so, the legally binding agreement you enter there trumps any secrecies act

• Advertisement

sullivlo wrote: »
    Hey Stu. I dare you to steal those balloons.

Said noone. Ever.

Technically...I didn't know I was stealing balloons until it was too late.

I thought those were communal balloons for all to enjoy :o

...which makes me look better in that situation of course.

Green&Red wrote: »
    We could have west of Ireland beers

What’s the job?

I’ve been asking for Beers to come to Bundoran forever! No one listens to me :(

Speaking of Bundoran. Wheres RTA these days?

• Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 16,287 Mod ✭✭✭✭quickbeam

Depending on the date, I’d come to a Westie meet.

kitten_k wrote: »
    But in all seriousness by we I meant my department

I was happy with your first explanation

• Registered Users Posts: 13,361 ✭✭✭✭Kolido

quickbeam wrote: »
    Depending on the date, I’d come to a Westie meet.

West is best...if I'm home I'd be up for that.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 6,283 ✭✭✭fixXxer

I could probably do an achill island meet up. The family have a two bed cottage there. Should be no problem fitting twenty of us in to it :D

Just out of interview/interrogation. I'm honestly not sure how it went. :( Usually I have an idea one way or the other

• Closed Accounts Posts: 13,404 ✭✭✭✭sKeith

I've supposedly won a now tv movie pass.
    Congratulations me!

You've just won a NOW TV pass! You've been awarded a Movie pass in our Catch All Draw!

Here's your unique NOW TV code: "CODE WAS HERE" To claim your NOW TV pass, simply follow these steps:

1. Click here or go directly to https://www.nowtv.com/

2. Create a NOW TV account*, or log in if you're already a member

3. Claim your prize.

4. Enjoy free content on demand!

*To create your NOW TV account, you'll need to enter your payment details. Don't worry though, you won't be charged for your free pass.

We hope you enjoy your free pass.

Please note: unless cancelled you will be charged.**

its not something i'm remotely interested in, so if someone wants it, its theirs.

sKeith wrote: »
    I've supposedly won a now tv movie pass.
    Congratulations me!

You've just won a NOW TV pass! You've been awarded a Movie pass in our Catch All Draw!

Here's your unique NOW TV code: "CODE WAS HERE" To claim your NOW TV pass, simply follow these steps:

1. Click here or go directly to https://www.nowtv.com/

2. Create a NOW TV account*, or log in if you're already a member

3. Claim your prize.

4. Enjoy free content on demand!

*To create your NOW TV account, you'll need to enter your payment details. Don't worry though, you won't be charged for your free pass.

We hope you enjoy your free pass.

Please note: unless cancelled you will be charged.**
    its not something i'm remotely interested in, so if someone wants it, its theirs.

As Bill Hicks once said..."If you are in marketing, go and kill yourself. Stop laughing, I'm not joking, please go and kill yourself".

Now, I wouldn't fully agree with that statement, but you can see where he was coming from.

sKeith was rewarded with a 'prize' there. Sure everyone loves winning prizes. However, for this prize, you just need to submit your payment details, just so you know, we can auto-renew and charge you after that first prize month expires.

So it ain't a prize, it's just a shnakey way to get new customers which makes the customers believe that they are actually winning something. Some companies are straight-up with new customers and offers - 'First six months at a discounted rate', etc. however these pricks want you to think you've won a prize as they try to swing you into making monthly payments to them.

Sure, some people will cancel before that free month expires, but most won't think of it until at least one payment is taken from their accounts. That's all the likes of these companies need to make it worthwhile - Just one month of "Oh shít I forgot to cancel" payments, then also there will be the people who don't bother to cancel the payment like they never bothered to cancel those Goal or Concern payments from 10 years ago, and then the people who do actually want to keep the service. €€€ all round for Now/Sky TV with these 'prizes'.

TLDR: Prize me hole.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 13,404 ✭✭✭✭sKeith

As Bill Hicks once said..."If you are in marketing, go and kill yourself. Stop laughing, I'm not joking, please go and kill yourself".

Now, I wouldn't fully agree with that statement, but you can see where he was coming from.

sKeith was rewarded with a 'prize' there. Sure everyone loves winning prizes. However, for this prize, you just need to submit your payment details, just so you know, we can auto-renew and charge you after that first prize month expires.

So it ain't a prize, it's just a shnakey way to get new customers which makes the customers believe that they are actually winning something. Some companies are straight-up with new customers and offers - 'First six months at a discounted rate', etc. however these pricks want you to think you've won a prize as they try to swing you into making monthly payments to them.

Sure, some people will cancel before that free month expires, but most won't think of it until at least one payment is taken from their accounts. That's all the likes of these companies need to make it worthwhile - Just one month of "Oh shít I forgot to cancel" payments, then also there will be the people who don't bother to cancel the payment like they never bothered to cancel those Goal or Concern payments from 10 years ago, and then the people who do actually want to keep the service. €€€ all round for Now/Sky TV with these 'prizes'.

TLDR: Prize me hole.

You are giving the 'prize' more credit than its due, its just a movie pass, not a months pass!

edit: maybe it is, i read into the details further and found this, 'If you're an existing NOW TV account holder, your recurring charge will not be taken during the free month.'

sKeith wrote: »
    You are giving the 'prize' more credit than its due, its just a movie pass, not a months pass!

edit: maybe it is, i read into the details further and found this, 'If you're an existing NOW TV account holder, your recurring charge will not be taken during the free month.'

I imagine the prize is a month's pass to their Movie channels. If they were offering a 'Sports' prize, it would be a month's subscriptions to their sports channels.

Now TV is basically Sky's version of Pay As You Go/Netflix.

That new Rammstein song is quite the tune says I.

C’MON LEITRIM!!!!!!

C’MON LEITRIM!!!!!!

You up in Croker for it Strawbs?

Couldnt go :( I’m village sitting instead

• Advertisement

Awww :(

Well hopefully they do the biz today, I don't mind Leitrim, been a long time (1994 I think) since they were last in Croke Park. Hope they win.

As for Sligo, we'll be replacing ye in Division 4. Hard times ahead :/

• Registered Users Posts: 10,485 ✭✭✭✭Banjo

fixxxer wrote: »
    That new Rammstein song is quite the tune says I.
    C’MON LEITRIM!!!!!!

I am disappointed that this is not the chorus to the aforementioned Rammstein song :(

• Registered Users Posts: 11,397 ✭✭✭✭Digital Solitude

I think me, you and the aul lady must be the only ones not up at it Strawbs :D I can't see them doing the business but sure it'll be a good day out.

It'll be nice to get off the drum of the 94' team if it does well though!

UP LEITRIM

My grandmother passed away tonight :(

Had been taken to hospital this afternoon with pneumonia from which she developed complications.

Kinda shocked at the speed it all happened tbh. I guess if there is any comfort it's that it was so quick there likely wasn't much pain.

She had a great life though, 94 years of it.

I’m sorry for your loss, Necro :( xxx

• Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 9,994 Mod ✭✭✭✭sullivlo

My grandmother passed away tonight :(

Had been taken to hospital this afternoon with pneumonia from which she developed complications.

Kinda shocked at the speed it all happened tbh. I guess if there is any comfort it's that it was so quick there likely wasn't much pain.

She had a great life though, 94 years of it.

Ah no necro. So sorry to hear this. Hope you're okay. Mind your self.

Hugs and thinking of you xxx

• Registered Users Posts: 35,024 ✭✭✭✭Baggly

Sorry for your loss Necro

Sorry for your loss, chief.

• Advertisement

Sorry to hear that Necro, it’s probably no consolation but maybe a quick final act is preferable to seeing her deteriorate. 94 is a fine age.
    Take care

Advertisement