Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Things That Trialvilly Annoy You.

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 6,804 ✭✭✭CrowdedHouse

Minor but a TA nonetheless, I have a tube of shaving cream and the printing dye seems to be coming off it, was wondering where all the red around the sink was coming from.

Seven Worlds will Collide

• Registered Users Posts: 10,633 ✭✭✭✭Widdershins

I was offered the last few chocolate buttons so I accepted and as they were stuck in the inner corner crease, tipped the packet into my mouth, poking myself in the eye while I was at it. So classy.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,002 ✭✭✭Bredabe

The ingredients I need for a particular and perennial christmas dish is two bus trips away, with the traffic I probably would be faster walking the whole way.

TA being stuck in a stupid city that is incredibly badly designed that I have to go that far for a simple tin of product.

"Have you ever wagged your tail so hard you fell over"?-Brod Higgins.

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Home & Garden Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 22,294 CMod ✭✭✭✭Pawwed Rig

Kitchen area crowded so forced to eat lunch at my desk and people coming up asking me work questions.

You can see I am eating so piss off

• Registered Users Posts: 2,538 ✭✭✭Seanachai

Pawwed Rig wrote: »
    Kitchen area crowded so forced to eat lunch at my desk and people coming up asking me work questions.

You can see I am eating so piss off

I have to hide in the mornings or go to a bench in the park if I want to drink a coffee in peace, just for that ten mins of peace.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 13,357 ✭✭✭✭cj maxx

Rang looking for something from a solicitor. Reception to me.
    Your name.?
    Me xxxxxx
    Receptionist , we dont have that here Conor,
    No my name isn't Conor its xxxxx
    Ok Conor I'll ask her to find it.
    My name is xxxxxx!
    Good bye Conor.
    **** OFF

• Registered Users Posts: 11,199 ✭✭✭✭RMAOK

TA - people from work contacting me on my day off. It's a day off from work for a reason. :mad:

UPS courier has delivered 1 parcel but I had email notifications about 3 parcels to be delivered today. Shouldn't they all be in the same van? Confused

• Registered Users Posts: 8,207 ✭✭✭partyguinness

Mushrooms.

Now I'm generally a pig and will eat pretty much anything but mushrooms I will draw the line. I just don't get it. Utterly tasteless and make me gag.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 372 ✭✭Ghosteen

Christ I'm so sick of people. Well at least 90% of them anyways.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 8,207 ✭✭✭partyguinness

Clients and in particular Asian woman who are the worst offenders 99.999% of the time. Not such a problem in Ireland

Typical conversation from yesterday

Mrs Kaur: Oh we need such and such doing. We have another person doing the proper job but the bank want us to engage we need an independent professional for a particular aspect of the job. How much for this matter [professional service in question]

Me: £200.00 plus VAT

Mrs Kaur: We have a load of similar matters coming up over the next few months and we will need your services again. Is there are any negotiation in the price? [Usual BS I have been hearing for years]

Me: Yeah sure. Let's say £300.00 plus VAT...(brief silence)...NO...this is not a fruit market.

Mrs Kaur: [Slight shaken by the veracity of my response] Oh I just thought I would ask the question. Bye.

Me (thinking): Yeah fcuk right off you joker. Sick to death of gob****es like you thinking you can haggle like we are some sort of street stall. This isn't Calcutta. I don't walk into your corner shop and haggle the price when I get to the counter.

I felt great afterwards.

• Registered Users Posts: 11,902 ✭✭✭✭GBX

UPS courier has delivered 1 parcel but I had email notifications about 3 parcels to be delivered today. Shouldn't they all be in the same van? Confused

In a logical world you would assume so. Same thing happened me during the week with them. 5 parcels. One delivered in the morning. Then 3 and then the last. By 3 different drivers! :confused:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 8,474 ✭✭✭Obvious Desperate Breakfasts

Dial Hard wrote: »
    She has taken approximately 17 million selfies since. On the bus. I genuinely can't get my head around how narcissistic so many people are these days.

What age was she, approximately?

McDonalds, I bring an unopened straw of mine back up to use again as I just take the lid off and they fuc it in the bin

GBX wrote: »
    In a logical world you would assume so. Same thing happened me during the week with them. 5 parcels. One delivered in the morning. Then 3 and then the last. By 3 different drivers! :confused:

Madness but at least there's a chance they'll still arrive today.Im waiting at home for them :(

• Registered Users Posts: 4,800 ✭✭✭Doctors room ghost

Today’s trivial thing that annoys doctors room ghost is,people who come into doctors room ghosts house and spend the whole time on and fcukin about with their phones while half heartedly drifting in and out of the conversation pretending to give a fcuk and you know well they aren’t even fcukin listening.
    The absolute height of ignorance.
    P1sses me right fcukin off.
    Next time they call I’m culling the wifi

• Registered Users Posts: 4,800 ✭✭✭Doctors room ghost

cjmc wrote: »
    Rang looking for something from a solicitor. Reception to me.
    Your name.?
    Me xxxxxx
    Receptionist , we dont have that here Conor,
    No my name isn't Conor its xxxxx
    Ok Conor I'll ask her to find it.
    My name is xxxxxx!
    Good bye Conor.
    **** OFF

Relax Conor.
    You will give yourself the headache.

Relax Conor.
    You will give yourself the headache.

Argggh. :(

• Registered Users Posts: 32,987 ✭✭✭✭NIMAN

... that adverts are still talking about Black Friday, despite the fact it was a week ago.

Sure why don't they just make Black Friday last the full year, save them re-doing adverts.

• Registered Users Posts: 13,762 ✭✭✭✭dubstarr

Being hungry but not knowing what i want to eat.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 4,204 ✭✭✭Poochie05

Ghosteen wrote: »
    Christ I'm so sick of people. Well at least 90% of them anyways.

Oh my god THIS!
    Wondering is there something in the air or is it me. I seem to be in a constant strop and I am rarely angry (just disappointed :pac:). But know the saying about being surrounded by assholes ... so I’m disappointed in myself!

• Registered Users Posts: 4,825 ✭✭✭LirW

The whole "ah you just have to upskill" fairytale.
    It is an unbelievable amount of work if in full-time employment. And sometimes even if you are the most determined person, the logistics make it near impossible.

College just sent out the exam timetables. We're a class of part-timers where almost all are employed. Our exams take place during the week occupying basically half the day, this was not communicated properly at the beginning of the course. A few of my colleagues are in trouble now and might not be able to attend the exams because they don't have leave left or can't switch their hours around (most are in depressing employment situations and try really hard to get out of it.)
    The college administration is utterly incapable of accommodating part time courses to have exams on a Saturday or at evening times.

While I love the course, the organisation isn't particularly great and I'm annoyed that mature part-timers are treated the same as young full-time students when in reality their situations are so different that they are doing a damn part-time course because this is the time they can commit.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,015 ✭✭✭SMC92Ian

Sideshow Collectables are ****ing stupid *****. Oh your packages will go together. Oh I dunno fi they did. Oh no only 1 went. The other payment was declined. Oh we didn't tell you? No we didn't. Wait the money for both is gone from your account. ****ing ejits.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,073 ✭✭✭Rubberlegs

Rocking back and forth on my heels waiting to be served at the bar at a dinner dance and snap goes a heel. I had to hobble back to the car for my runners. I look very fetching now in my fancy frock and Nikes, FFS :(

• Registered Users Posts: 4,897 ✭✭✭Padre_Pio

Bought 5 SD cards from Amazon. Third party seller won't ship to Ireland. It's a bargain so I use Parcel Motel.

B*stards sent 5 individual packages which were processed separately by PM. 20 euro instead of 4.
    Saving has gone down the drain..

• Registered Users Posts: 3,713 ✭✭✭NewbridgeIR

Padre_Pio wrote: »
    Bought 5 SD cards from Amazon. Third party seller won't ship to Ireland. It's a bargain so I use Parcel Motel.

B*stards sent 5 individual packages which were processed separately by PM. 20 euro instead of 4.
    Saving has gone down the drain..

Did you ask them to ship in one package? A small seller will oblige. The busier ones with 10000+ feedbacks tend to be very impersonal and inflexible.

Watching a programme on Luiz v Joshua. Mike Tyson,
    Holyfield and other world champion boxers giving comment on the fight.
    Then Sylvester Stallone and DeNiro talking like they know what it's like to be in a fight like that. They're actors , not real boxers!!!

In today's "sh1te I read on Facebook ", one of my more right-leaning acquaintances is complaining that Jack Merrit's father is grieving the wrong way. In fact, it's fake grief, they said. I think there's a deeper issue of social media playing any part in it but still...I don't think there is a correct way to grieve & it doesn't always follow a neat orderly pattern.

• Registered Users Posts: 30,186 ✭✭✭✭freshpopcorn

When somebody asks you to buy something for them and the don't give you enough money!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 4,897 ✭✭✭Padre_Pio

Did you ask them to ship in one package? A small seller will oblige. The busier ones with 10000+ feedbacks tend to be very impersonal and inflexible.

Of course I didn't :D

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement