Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

he he he chavs

Options
  • 26-02-2005 4:45pm
    Registered Users Posts: 1,526 ✭✭✭

i hope this hasnt been posted

Why are Chavs like slinkies?
    They have no real use but it's great to watch one fall down a flight
    of stairs. :D

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 18,907 ✭✭✭✭Mimikyu

This post has been deleted.

• Registered Users Posts: 37,295 ✭✭✭✭the_syco

Same can be said about skangers. And hillers.

• Registered Users Posts: 14,181 ✭✭✭✭Jim

I wish people would stop using the word Chav. Its very anglo.

They're nacks or scumbags.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,068 ✭✭✭stagolee

heh heh, all the same tis quite good if you substitute whatever word you want for "chavs" :)

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 14,181 ✭✭✭✭Jim

It is....
    Thats what I said.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 363 ✭✭thafitz

have to agree. i dont know why irish people are starting to call scumbags "chavs". i hate the word chav. if your not from england you shouldnt use it.

• Registered Users Posts: 822 ✭✭✭Mutz

skanger, knack, scroat, scumbag, 60 degrees bud hmm - exhausted my vocab there.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7 ditzy

This "chavs" thing only came to light for me last week! My 14 yr old sister goes to teen disco's up near Tallaght somewhere and said that the latest thing (not bad enough that the "lacoste" trackie is someones idea of dressing up for out as it is.....) is that they are stuffing said trackie bottoms into their socks.....???? Is this a cheap way of getting out of dishing out for thoes boxer boots that no one really wears any more??? Burburry???? This new pheonomoononononom (you heard!) must be stopped?? And the Britishism that is "Chav"....we need to find something else to call them...did y'all see the program on sky that was devoted to them.....

• Closed Accounts Posts: 9,230 ✭✭✭OLDYELLAR

Mutz wrote:
    skanger, knack, scroat, scumbag, 60 degrees bud hmm - exhausted my vocab there.
    totally agree , there knacks , chavs wtf??
    useless mother fu*rs

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 822 ✭✭✭Mutz

Yeah - saw the socks thing up in Fortlawn in D15. Niiice. Whats with the Pyjama situation? Is it like the silky tracksuit trend or what?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,526 ✭✭✭*adele*

only said chav because its from that chav site

• Registered Users Posts: 3,329 ✭✭✭radiospan

They're called knackers or scumbags.

plazzTT wrote:
    They're called knackers or scumbags.
    Yep they are !Chavs , wtf?

• Registered Users Posts: 15,117 ✭✭✭✭MrJoeSoap

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,767 ✭✭✭Hugh Hefner

ditzy wrote:
    they are stuffing said trackie bottoms into their socks.....???? Is this a cheap way of getting out of dishing out for thoes boxer boots that no one really wears any more???
    That's what Italian knackers do. The knackers seem to be becoming more European. Hmmmm.....

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,542 ✭✭✭kinkstr

YES! cant stand the word chav, it doesnt sound harsh enough

• Registered Users Posts: 26,558 ✭✭✭✭Creamy Goodness

yeh it's annoying how people call people - what i call scumbags - chavs. The word chav i think is becoming more and more common as the word for scum bags as i think people can say it around scum bags and not get knifed or something to that effect, since it is a more "polite" way of saying scumbag skanger scroat etc. etc.

The worst thing i seen someone say about "chav's" was on that sky one show (chav's) i mean the presenter was basically saying it was cool to be a chav and that it's the height of fashion, anyone know was she on drugs or something?

there f*kn scumbags , how is it humourous or otherwise to call knacks anything other than knacks , its in no way cool , these people should be shot .jeez :mad:

• Advertisement
  • Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 5,154 ✭✭✭Oriel

Why are <enter_target_here> like slinkies?
    of stairs.

sinecurea wrote:
    Why are <enter_target_here> like slinkies?
    of stairs.

Ah thats handier :)

• Registered Users Posts: 597 ✭✭✭yeraulone

scobes, flecks, yahoos and howayis

• Registered Users Posts: 1,345 ✭✭✭Velvet Vocals

That baby name thing is cool :D
    But seriously... what exactly does Chav mean? I mean to say... where did it come from, is it short for something?
    It's very head wrecking how it's coming in over here though, I find my self saying it without realising, substituting it where I would normally have said howaya's or nicknacks, I think we need to fight against this word and keep to our own colloquisms, Good ol favorites such as skangers, trakies, story bud's....who's with me?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,048 ✭✭✭BobTheBeat

Here's a fun site, that shows the english scummers at their best.Be sure to check out their 'chav of the month' . You can see it all here

I just posted that site above..!?!?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,345 ✭✭✭Velvet Vocals

Thanks Bob and Mr.Joe but I still can't find out what Chav means.... anyone got any clues?

• Registered Users Posts: 12,309 ✭✭✭✭Bard

"You're not from England so you shouldn't use the word 'Chav'!"

... yeah ... right ... cop on.

Tell you what... how about you stop using the English language? You're not from England after all.

Crap joke by the way.

• Advertisement

Most of the people here who are moaning about using the word "chav" beacuse it is English probably watch English soaps or support English bands/soccer teams.

What is the story with people being so hypocritically anti-English???

What is a chav?

Hope this helps SaintSomething.

Advertisement