Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

I don't know where we're going, but I know where I am (part 8)

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 442 ✭✭Ifevera wiztherewas

The wee one decided yesterday morning and today that 6.30 was getting up time. Do I nae like that.

She'll be welded to the bed during the week when I'm getting her up to bring to the creche :pac:

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,648 ✭✭✭honeybear

Doggies & cats happy out. Chickens safe and sound. Bumbóg having breakfast.

• Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators, Regional West Moderators Posts: 60,484 Mod ✭✭✭✭Gremlinertia

honeybear wrote: »
    Doggies & cats happy out. Chickens safe and sound. Bumbóg having breakfast.

I love how you've continued using bumbóg!.

In the playroom in a Frozen tipi. Not literally.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,270 ✭✭✭✭smurfjed

My fun morning was short lived, everything got cancelled so we sat and enjoyed our breakfast then went home. Mutt isn’t impressed with breakfast or lunch catering, he only likes it when I bring him steak or lamb chops.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 32,688 ✭✭✭✭ytpe2r5bxkn0c1

Heading to a funeral. I hate funerals...

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,868 ✭✭✭CrowdedHouse

...There are nine million bicycles in Beijing. That's a fact, it's a thing we can't deny, like the fact that I will love you 'til I die...

Morning all,

A couple of bright spells but mostly grey 12C

Couchside with coffee. The men's cycling world championship race is just starting and it's lashing in Yorkshire, the race has been shortened to just 261 Km..:pac:

Will be dipping in and out and hopefully one of the Irish lads can get a medal.

Seven Worlds will Collide

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,260 ✭✭✭Poochie05

Having coffee and a croissant for breakfast, imagining I was back in France.

Best of luck in your new home Mam!

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 80,759 Mod ✭✭✭✭Sephiroth_dude

Kitchen side.

Hario v60 - check
    coffee beans - check
    grinder - check
    favorite tuxedo cat coffee mug - check :3

Its time!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,499 ✭✭✭IamMetaldave

Kitchen side.

Hario v60 - check
    coffee beans - check
    grinder - check
    favorite tuxedo cat coffee mug - check :3

I love coffee, but I rarely make this level of effort! I commend you sir! My friend from work brought me some delicious beans from Guatemala, very smooth.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 22,262 ✭✭✭✭Autosport

Morning all :)

Happy Sunday!!!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 17,495 ✭✭✭✭eviltwin

Taking a well earned break with a book and a cuppa while the menfolk do the shopping

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,204 ✭✭✭Kitty6277

Just awake, have to get up soon and my eyes are stinging. No idea how I’m going to survive a 9 hour shift today

• Closed Accounts Posts: 23,646 ✭✭✭✭qo2cj1dsne8y4k

Kitty6277 wrote: »
    Just awake, have to get up soon and my eyes are stinging. No idea how I’m going to survive a 9 hour shift today

As the queen of no sleep, I recommend.
    - a tepid shower
    - glucose tablets, I use the lucozade ones.

Very delicate here today, I did a big fryup and I'm now on the couch, dull headache and tired,listening to 4fm.

Heard it from a friend who heard it from a friend who heard it from another you were messing around.........

The old songs are the best ...(also the older women Sephers 😂).

As the queen of no sleep, I recommend.
    - a tepid shower
    - glucose tablets, I use the lucozade ones.

Don’t have time for a shower at the moment, but I’ll try and pick up a pack of those on my way to work. Thanks Shoes!

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 80,759 Mod ✭✭✭✭Sephiroth_dude

Finally home and in bed after what was indeed a looooong shift. Asked the manager if I could go in later tomorrow so I’m starting at 1 instead of 12. Yay
    Love how he left before me as well, and sent all the other staff home before me, even though none of them are working tomorrow :rolleyes:

You should tell someone higher up about this, its not on what he did, he doesn't sound like a great manager tbh.

Isn’t there some legal amount of time between work days that employees have to have?

[edit]

“Rest period entitlements
    The definition of a rest period is any time that is not working time. The rest periods set out in the Organisation of Working Time Act 1997 are as follows:

You are entitled to 11 consecutive hours rest in any period of 24 hours

https://www.citizensinformation.ie/en/employment/employment_rights_and_conditions/hours_of_work/rest_periods_and_breaks.html

Just seeing this now Dave. Lovely, yet another thing I’m entitled to and not getting :rolleyes:

Just seeing this now Dave. Lovely, yet another thing I’m entitled to and not getting :rolleyes:

I did hotel work years ago Kitty,its hard work and long hours and I'd say it must be difficult to try and study on top of that.Just a thought and it mightnt be suitable if you're in a very rural area but a lot of people find it difficult to get babysitters for nights out,it would be ideal for you as you have your own transport and people are willing to pay good money for a reliable babysitter, you might earn just as much for less hours.Otherwise if I were you I'd be telling the manager what hours you can do due to studying, I don't think he will let you go as youre a good worker,you'll burn out if you keep doing those hours.

• Advertisement

...(also the older women Sephers ��).

Like a fine wine so they are 😏😏

🤔

*Sephers goes out and buys a crate of mature wine *

😀😛

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,104 ✭✭✭Trigger Happy

Just in from a cycle. You could fry an egg on my calves with the burn ...if you had an egg.

Just in from a cycle. You could fry an egg on my calves with the burn ...if you had an egg.

And I bet you could sink a pint of Harp.😛

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,104 ✭✭✭Trigger Happy

And I bet you could sink a pint of Harp.😛

Only if Sally O’Brien was pulling it.

I did hotel work years ago Kitty,its hard work and long hours and I'd say it must be difficult to try and study on top of that.Just a thought and it mightnt be suitable if you're in a very rural area but a lot of people find it difficult to get babysitters for nights out,it would be ideal for you as you have your own transport and people are willing to pay good money for a reliable babysitter, you might earn just as much for less hours.Otherwise if I were you I'd be telling the manager what hours you can do due to studying, I don't think he will let you go as youre a good worker,you'll burn out if you keep doing those hours.

Thanks Duvet, I’ve absolutely no experience with kids, I’d have no idea what to do with them! I told them I didn’t want to do Sundays so I’d have a day off to do college work, yet here am I working today and next Sunday (although I’m off on Saturday so I won’t complain). I’m going to have to say it to them though, next Saturday will be my only day off in 2 weeks :eek:

Having said that, I’ve never been more tempted to pack it all in

Thanks Duvet, I’ve absolutely no experience with kids, I’d have no idea what to do with them! I told them I didn’t want to do Sundays so I’d have a day off to do college work, yet here am I working today and next Sunday (although I’m off on Saturday so I won’t complain). I’m going to have to say it to them though, next Saturday will be my only day off in 2 weeks :eek:

Having said that, I’ve never been more tempted to pack it all in

Throw you're cv into a few shops etc. as those hours are only going to get worse coming up to Christmas ,anything else would be easier.

• Advertisement

Only if Sally O’Brien was pulling it.

Hmmm...I'm tempted but too early to lower the tone here lol.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,783 ✭✭✭GoneHome

Morning walk done, fire lighting, bunch of Sunday papers to catch up on, nice relaxed day ahead.

Hmmm...I'm tempted but too early to lower the tone here lol.

G'wan say it :pac:

G'wan say it :pac:

You just want to ban me..not falling for that one .😛

Kitchen side putting my coffee beans in air tight bags and into the fridge.

You just want to ban me..not falling for that one .��

As if I would 😏😏😘

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 71,799 ✭✭✭✭Ted_YNWA

G'wan say it

You just want to ban me..not falling for that one .😛

As if I would ðŸ˜ðŸ˜ðŸ˜˜

If he does, I'll undo it DD.

Never trust that Sephy one.

:p

Ted_YNWA wrote: »
    If he does, I'll undo it DD.

Never trust that Sephy one.

:p

Thanks Tedo.. I'd say he just wants to crack the whip .😉

Heating on here having a very lazy day,hung heavy washing out about an hour ago and its almost dry,I'm easily pleased.

I'm easily pleased.

Too easy 😝😝

Im gonna behave myself now I promise 😛

Hiding in the function bar in work. Not in the mood for dealing with people, even though my mood has gotten better since this morning. So I’m “cleaning” behind this bar to avoid customers :pac:

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,499 ✭✭✭IamMetaldave

Couchside after a spin to Ikea for a bookshelf and ended up with more stuff! Including a new cactus! :D The temptation to go have some pints is strong as my dose is starting to clear and I didn’t have any yesterday! Or I could be boring and build my bookshelf...

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,997 ✭✭✭The Crazy Cat Lady

Having a rest, chuffed with myself as did a 10k marathon today :D

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,624 ✭✭✭votecounts

Couchside, watching a bit of telly with a sambo, got a great nights sleep last night probably due to having an early night last night. All is well, hope I'm this refreshed for work in the morning:D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 23,646 ✭✭✭✭qo2cj1dsne8y4k

On the way to meet my fav human for a birthday drink! After this weekend that’s me done drinking til Christmas

Chilling in the back garden with the wee one. It's a lovely evening. The calm before the storm maybe.

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators, Regional East Moderators, Regional Midlands Moderators, Regional Midwest Moderators, Regional Abroad Moderators, Regional North Mods, Regional West Moderators, Regional South East Moderators, Regional North East Moderators, Regional North West Moderators, Regional South Moderators Posts: 9,300 CMod ✭✭✭✭Fathom

Computer Lab

• Advertisement

On the way to meet my fav human for a birthday drink! After this weekend that’s me done drinking til Christmas

Quoting for future reference..

:D

Enjoy Shoes, hope you have a good night.

• Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators, Regional West Moderators Posts: 60,484 Mod ✭✭✭✭Gremlinertia

Ted you bet me to it!. :pac:

Ted you bet me to it!.

You snooze, you lose.

Lieing on my bed, should get up and do something

Ted_YNWA wrote: »
    You snooze, you lose.

Lieing on my bed, should get up and do something

I was making the dinner :mad:

Couchside, nearly work trundle time..

• Closed Accounts Posts: 587 ✭✭✭Redneck Reject

I just want to say I have apologized for whipping the owner. And I don't want to come across to mi amigos as an aggressive type. But to see an owner beating his horse into a corner that he could not escape from. Yes I may overreacted and for that I apologize. I am not a bad person.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 17,532 ✭✭✭✭Leg End Reject

I just want to say I have apologized for whipping the owner. And I don't want to come across to mi amigos as an aggressive type. But to see an owner beating his horse into a corner that he could not escape from. Yes I may overreacted and for that I apologize. I am not a bad person.

I'd have done it too Red, and I wouldn't apologise, so absolutely no judgement here. It takes a special type of asshole to hit a defenceless animal.

RR i can totally understand how you felt, someone close to me was bad to animals and i did eventually lose it with them too. Really difficult situation

Now, back on topic. Deskside feeling glum, going to make milky coffee i think.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,740 ✭✭✭4Ad

Drinking peppermint tea, waiting for ladies 100 metres final...
    Hoping not to have another sleepless night, tis gone beyond a joke..

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 22,262 ✭✭✭✭Autosport

Couchside chatting with my favourite man :)

• Advertisement

Just deskside, Had a nice day out with my sister, brother in law and favorite wee man, before we went out for lunch the two of us were running up and down the hall going mad :3 because I was telling him I was gonna catch him, he loves it when people chase after him :D he had a great time too opening all the drawers and pulling everything out :pac:.

I can understand your reaction, No judgement from me anyway and also from your posts you don't come across as a bad person.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement