Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Things That Trialvilly Annoy You.

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,384 ✭✭✭Panda Killa

That Texaco children's art competition ad, "Bobby the Cow".
    "Bobby" is male we are informed.

Perhaps he identifies as a cow...can't even assume animals gender these days :)

The word "sesh" ....just grates on my nerves...
    users should be wearing JD trakkies, white socks outside...
    and hands constantly down their jocks...nobody else should use the word!

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 9,078 ✭✭✭IAMAMORON

Drunk mates. Especially when I am sober enough and they are blacking out right in front of my eyes.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,845 ✭✭✭Antares35

How judgemental people can be, based solely on looks. I often run into the local supervalu after work to pick up one or two things. No issues there. But I noticed the odd person will stare at me if I go in while wearing outdoor clothes for dog walking. Went in today and fair enough had on my wellies, black jeans, black outdoor jacket and had my hair tied up and no makeup because there is quite simply no point showering and doing hair and makeup until after the dogs are walked and fed. Some stupid aul bint in front of me actually moved away. I'm the same person she wouldnt bat an eyelid around if I went in wearing my nice work clothes and looked well. Stupid old snobby cow. Take your frozen yoghurt and TV guide and be gone back to your thoroughly average house.TA people are still so shallow as to judge people solely on looks.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 737 ✭✭✭doughef

I presume that’s irony ?

Antares35 wrote: »
    How judgemental people can be, based solely on looks.... be gone back to your thoroughly average house.TA people are still so shallow as to judge people solely on looks.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 14,608 ✭✭✭✭cj maxx

Based on judging by looks . people assuming I'm drunk because I walk funny. I've overheard one pious old witch call me a alco in my own home.
    Others have called police (5 breathalyser tests in 13 months) which is better as there's a definite answer.

doughef wrote: »
    I presume that’s irony ?

If you like.

cjmc wrote: »
    Based on judging by looks . people assuming I'm drunk because I walk funny. I've overheard one pious old witch call me a alco in my own home.
    Others have called police (5 breathalyser tests in 13 months) which is better as there's a definite answer.

If she's in your home sling her out, though she would probably blame that on "the drink" too.

TA my curtain rail has fallen down and pending it being fixed tomorrow I have a creepy night ahead not knowing who or what might be looking in.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 13,681 ✭✭✭✭Deja Boo

Ever have that niggling feeling that something is wrong, but you can't identify precisely what is troubling you ?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,128 ✭✭✭✭Oranage2

I hated when my my mother would say dinner is ready but it would still be 15 minutes till it was cooked.

• Registered Users Posts: 10,633 ✭✭✭✭Widdershins

People who tell you about their problems then criticise you for quietness when you were listening attentively and offering encouraging words at the right moments. Its like "right, got that off my chest, so why arent you entertaining me? "
    How judgemental people can be, based solely on looks. I often run into the local supervalu after work to pick up one or two things. No issues there. But I noticed the odd person will stare at me if I go in while wearing outdoor clothes for dog walking. Went in today and fair enough had on my wellies, black jeans, black outdoor jacket and had my hair tied up and no makeup because there is quite simply no point showering and doing hair and makeup until after the dogs are walked and fed. Some stupid aul bint in front of me actually moved away. I'm the same person she wouldnt bat an eyelid around if I went in wearing my nice work clothes and looked well. Stupid old snobby cow. Take your frozen yoghurt and TV guide and be gone back to your thoroughly average house.TA people are still so shallow as to judge people solely on looks.

Is your house decorated in an eclectic style?
    Only asking because I love it when houses are, and the way you said "thoroughly average house" reminds me of me saying "cream three piece suite and Billy bookcase in the upvc sun room". I've already been bollocked for saying that but I still think it sometimes.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 14,305 ✭✭✭✭Potential-Monke

TA my curtain rail has fallen down and pending it being fixed tomorrow I have a creepy night ahead not knowing who or what might be looking in.

TA'd the person whose window I have been looking through is most likely aware I'm looking... Nice duvet!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,132 ✭✭✭Living Off The Splash

Pawwed Rig wrote: »
    When you're in a rented or borrowed car and need a fill up when you realise you have no clue which side the petrol cap is on.

My wife's car is 17 years old and I still can't remember. When I choose the wrong side to get my petrol I always wonder will the hose thingy be long enough to stretch across the car. (and avoid damaging the rear view wiper)

The only consolation is that I always get a few drops of the last person's petrol caught in the hose....

People who tell you about their problems then criticise you for quietness when you were listening attentively and offering encouraging words at the right moments. Its like "right, got that off my chest, so why arent you entertaining me? "

Is your house decorated in an eclectic style?
    Only asking because I love it when houses are, and the way you said "thoroughly average house" reminds me of me saying "cream three piece suite and Billy bookcase in the upvc sun room". I've already been bollocked for saying that but I still think it sometimes.

Nope. Cream would not be clean for long in our house! :)

TA when you dream someone has wronged you and you cant quite shake the anger or annoyance upon waking even though it is now completely irrational.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 372 ✭✭Ghosteen

I feel like I need to sleep for a week. I will never sleep for a week.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,387 ✭✭✭eisenberg1

I have a thing about my newspapers....if I buy it, I don’t like anyone to read it before me...
    I was on a flight recently, for which I always try to be prepared with water, iPad for reading/film/music and a newspaper. The plane has just taken off and I M waiting for everything to settle down when the guy beside me asks “If you are not reading that paper, can I borrow it?” I replied “no, I’ll be reading it in a minute”....he kinda snorted.
    Mrs E thought I was being awkward
    Who gets on a flight (alone) without a book or electronic device of some sort?

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 9,078 ✭✭✭IAMAMORON

eisenberg1 wrote: »
    I have a thing about my newspapers....if I buy it, I don’t like anyone to read it before me...
    I was on a flight recently, for which I always try to be prepared with water, iPad for reading/film/music and a newspaper. The plane has just taken off and I M waiting for everything to settle down when the guy beside me asks “If you are not reading that paper, can I borrow it?” I replied “no, I’ll be reading it in a minute”....he kinda snorted.
    Mrs E thought I was being awkward
    Who gets on a flight (alone) without a book or electronic device of some sort?

Your way too polite, I would have glared at him and told him to phuck write off.... and then complained to the air staff that he was harassing you.

You need to deal with passive aggressiveness comprehensively.

IAMAMORON wrote: »
    Your way too polite, I would have glared at him and told him to phuck write off.... and then complained to the air staff that he was harassing you.

You need to deal with passive aggressiveness comprehensively.

I'm laughing but totally agree. 😂

A lot of people are mad in the head. And not like x is a mad bastard in a funny way, no x is a fookin space cadet that needs a dose of reality.

Also dry****es full of their own self importance. Get over yourself you flutebag. That is all.

• Advertisement

That felt good. :D

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,086 ✭✭✭Nijmegen

Small environmentally friendly cisterns that require you to strategically plan your operation, with multiple flushes where you might anticipate a significant ratio of material to paper lest you be left with significant unflushed material and an awkward wait.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,827 ✭✭✭madmaggie

Agree with Antares about the funny looks. I work outdoors, and pop into supermarket on the way home. I know I'm mucky and probably sweaty, but it's from good honest work.

My TA is people being surprised that I can type, cook, use a computer etc. I didn't go to third level, but it doesn't mean I'm thick.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,123 ✭✭✭Mundo7976

Clowns that walk while scuffing their heels , learn to lift your feet lazy sod...

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,035 ✭✭✭✭EmmetSpiceland

This is what happens when threads aren’t moved quick enough to the “Current Affairs” forum.

“It is not blood that makes you Irish but a willingness to be part of the Irish nation” - Thomas Davis

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 30,842 ✭✭✭✭freshpopcorn

Getting really tired of Election 2020!

• Advertisement

Slow drivers. God I ****ing hate them. Unilaterally deciding they’re going to waste everyone stuck behind them’s time. Inconsiderate ****ing ****ers!

Ahhh that felt good to get out :)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,204 ✭✭✭Kitty6277

Had a dream that I got off with this lad I know from town who’s gorgeous...

And then I woke up :(:pac:

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,862 ✭✭✭mikhail

Slow drivers. God I ****ing hate them. Unilaterally deciding they’re going to waste everyone stuck behind them’s time. Inconsiderate ****ing ****ers!

Ahhh that felt good to get out :)
    Not to dismiss yours, but it reminds me of the opposite situation I had last night. 3 am, small 50 kph road, asshole tailgating and flashing his lights before overtaking me and roaring away. I was doing bang on the limit. Some days, you wish there was a guard up ahead.

mikhail wrote: »
    Not to dismiss yours, but it reminds me of the opposite situation I had last night. 3 am, small 50 kph road, asshole tailgating and flashing his lights before overtaking me and roaring away. I was doing bang on the limit. Some days, you wish there was a guard up ahead.

Driving at the limit is fine, it’s people doing 10 below on a 50 that drive me mad

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,550 ✭✭✭FishOnABike

Mundo7976 wrote: »
    Clowns that walk while scuffing their heels , learn to lift your feet lazy sod...

It's difficult to walk properly with those huge shoes on :-)

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,653 ✭✭✭KiKi III

People who are so keen to “break news” on boards that they don’t notice a thread has already been started even though it’s two down the list.

People who keep starting threads in AH that clearly belong in CA.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,305 ✭✭✭✭branie2

Getting really tired of Election 2020!

It will be all over next week

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,384 ✭✭✭Panda Killa

branie2 wrote: »
    It will be all over next week

Might not be...could see FF have 40+ seats and FG at 30+ & SF at 25ish ...weeks of politicking ahead and deals to be done..
    could be long and protracted is my TA

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 80,790 Mod ✭✭✭✭Sephiroth_dude

Clean sheet in FF is gone :mad:

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,186 ✭✭✭wildwillow

Mundo7976 wrote: »

It was annoying when my husband began to drag his heels but it was actually a first symptom of brain cancer.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,997 ✭✭✭Princess Calla

mikhail wrote: »

Some days I wish I was a guard in an unmarked car, so I can return the flashing favour when they overtake!

Some days I also wish I was a traffic warden so I could fine stupid inconsiderate parking.

I wouldn't actually do either of those jobs though :)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 30,842 ✭✭✭✭freshpopcorn

Clean sheet in FF is gone :mad:

What?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,105 ✭✭✭Trigger Happy

What?

FF =Fantasy football. Their goalies or defenders conceded goals meaning no 4 point bonanza for them.

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Home & Garden Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 22,407 CMod ✭✭✭✭Pawwed Rig

What?

My thoughts too. What have Fianna Fail and clean sheets got to do with each other??

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 30,495 ✭✭✭✭Tauriel

Pawwed Rig wrote: »
    My thoughts too. What have Fianna Fail and clean sheets got to do with each other??

Pesky Sinn Fein and their free scoring strikers!! :D

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 71,799 ✭✭✭✭Ted_YNWA

if Fianna Fail want to get into bed with Sinn Fein, they need clean sheets.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,506 ✭✭✭✭castletownman

Right so this sounds petty. But about ten years ago I was over in America and when I came home I introduced the cousins, friends and whoever else to how great American Football is. It's got to the stage that my cousins have become obsessed with it. They have a Super Bowl party every year, and I was invited last year purely because I was family and to make up a seat. But other than that it seems to be an exclusive guest list: you have to have played for the county at least once before you are allowed through the door. One lad is travelling half an hour out of his way to be there when I am five mins away. Definition of trivially annoyed.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 14,305 ✭✭✭✭Potential-Monke

I do enjoy watching the NFL highlights, but I agree that there seems to be some sort of cult clique of die-hard Irish NFL fans. They get a bit too obsessed imo.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 21,039 ✭✭✭✭retro:electro

TA on behalf of my boyfriend. He was at a work poker night last night and it was all paid for through their sports and social. When it came to handing out drinks vouchers the old bint who organised it wouldn’t waste a voucher on him because he was driving and only having soft drinks. She said she didn’t want to “waste them” on non alcoholic drinks despite the fact some people were using two for vodka and cokes and despite the fact she brought her mother who isn’t even an employee and who drank the place dry with them! Like in essence he pays every week from his wages for things like that. He wasn’t even annoyed about it but since he told me I am fuming lol and I don’t even work there or know these people I need to get a life

• Registered Users Posts: 832 ✭✭✭Nevin Parsnipp

Right so this sounds petty. But about ten years ago I was over in America and when I came home I introduced the cousins, friends and whoever else to how great American Football is. It's got to the stage that my cousins have become obsessed with it. They have a Super Bowl party every year, and I was invited last year purely because I was family and to make up a seat. But other than that it seems to be an exclusive guest list: you have to have played for the county at least once before you are allowed through the door. One lad is travelling half an hour out of his way to be there when I am five mins away. Definition of trivially annoyed.

Coots who do wall of text.....nothin wrong with paragraphs dude....(sssssssss) the sound of my p1ss boiling.....

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 21,039 ✭✭✭✭retro:electro

Coots who do wall of text.....nothin wrong with paragraphs dude....(sssssssss) the sound of my p1ss boiling.....

Boo hoo Hun boil away.

TA people who can’t quote posts properly.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,687 ✭✭✭Signore Fancy Pants

Boo hoo Hun boil away.

TA people who can’t quote posts properly.

LOL Parsnipp got roasted.

My TA is politicians calling to my door after 2100.

Get bend c.unts.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 71,799 ✭✭✭✭Ted_YNWA

People who break [noparse]
    [/noParse] tags when quoting posts and the post is an unreadable mess.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 300 ✭✭Live at Three

Shop people asking "Is that everything?"

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 22,262 ✭✭✭✭Autosport

The glitch

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement