Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

11 year old wants iPhone 11

Options
124»

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,685 ✭✭✭Darren 83

iPhone 8 €550 in power city

• Registered Users Posts: 24,647 ✭✭✭✭punisher5112

Honestly nuts letting such a young child to have such a device....

Children are that children and they aren't parents friends.....

All this letting them have what they want is absolutely destroying people. Their brains aren't developed enough to understand the hide risks and stress that these can bring.....

As I've mentioned bullying is a big issue and also grooming and such....

• Registered Users Posts: 235 ✭✭Lolle06

snickers wrote: »
    To be honest I was looking for feedback from other parents as to wether or not it was normal for kids so young to have such high end phones thinking maybe I was the one being unreasonable and just out of touch with what’s going on in the world .

No, it’s not normal! Your daughter sounds quite entitled tbh.

Our eldest is 12 yo and never had a phone, even though he has asked us for our old iPhones.
    His classmates know that he isn’t allowed his own mobile phone yet and they respect it.
    He is also not allowed to spend his savings until he has his driving license.
    When he needs extra money he is doing extra chores around the house and garden, so he can save for game consoles etc.
    It teaches him that money doesn’t grown on trees.

If your daughter gets bullied b/c she doesn’t have a certain phone, it won’t stop there. The bullies will move on to other things to bully her about.
    She will have to learn to stand up for herself - and that would probably be the most important thing in life that money can’t buy.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,740 ✭✭✭893bet

She will need air pods to go with that. The new ones. Not the first generation ones.

See where this is going....

She has a smartphone already. She is only 11.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,270 ✭✭✭AllForIt

What you have to look forward to OP is when she's 12 she'll want an iPhone 12.

• Advertisement

Smart phones, whatever happened to Smart Parents ?

Who in their right mind would allow any Kid under maybe 17 access to a smart phone with access to so much inappropriate content on Youtube and elsewhere ?

Honestly, I think smartphones and tablets were the worst thing ever. It wasn't so bad back in the day the internet could only be accessed in one place in the house on a PC that couldn't be taken into a room where the Child has access to all sorts of muck on the web.

Do we want our kids being adults ?

And when did so many Parents allow the Kids to dictate what's best for them ?

So many Children today have speech issues because screens, talking like 2 year olds at the age of 4 and 5.

Screens, playstations are really destroying Children's and teenagers youth if you ask me that's just my opinion.

When did so many Parents loose their ability to do what's best for the Child rather and allow them to dictate what they "want" ?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,292 ✭✭✭TheBoyConor

c.p.w.g.w wrote: »
    That will probably get her expelled...schools only care about physical bullying from my experience

Expelled my backside. No-one gets expelled from Irish schools for anything, outside of perhaps the most severe levels of violent behaviour that has not responded to many repeated attempts to address it. Schools are terrified to throw a student out for fear of being sued.

Advertisement