Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Due November 2020

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 351 ✭✭Hazelnut Button

Jumping in from Sept thread. I've ordered a few bits from Seraphine. A little bit more expensive but I have to say the quality is really good. I got one pair over bump jeans & leggings, 1 t shirt, 2 jumpers and 2 work tops. Stuff arrived with 2 or 3 days.

Edit: just opened my email and they're doing 20% off dresses. Code is newdress.

• Registered Users Posts: 51 ✭✭DubGal123

Thanks for the tips ladies! Think I'll def treat myself to some bits from seraphine they do seem highly recommended, and I've heard boohoo and topshop recommended for maternity before too. I'm gonna try not go crazy shopping as I think I wear a lot of looser fitting stuff anyway so hope I won't need too much - but it does seem like a nice treat to look at this stuff now that we're into the second trimester :)
    Was also talking to my husband about buggies and stuff just there, were so clueless about everything that's needed so will have to start thinking about that soon. I'd say he'll be mad into looking at the pros and cons of different products, so hoping he'll take the lead on some of the shopping on that side of things!

• Registered Users Posts: 1 Rueboo

Hi guys,

I am hoping it is ok to post here. I am 17 weeks and have high BP that I am on trandate for. I am being monitored closely due to this, and I have been plagued with exhaustion, headaches, mygrains (the kind that make me go blind and vomit for 8 -24 hours) and just generally feeling like crap since week 6 i'd say.

My doctor told me today that she wants to sign me off work, and I am concerned. She tells me that I am protected and that I will not loose my job (I've been with them 3 years and I have a very good rapport with my manager and a good reputation). I feel incredibly guilty and concerned that this could affect my maternity leave.

I would appreciate any advice with this? thank you.

• Registered Users Posts: 51 ✭✭DubGal123

Hi Rueboo, congrats on your pregnancy but sorry to hear you've been having such a tough time!!
    I don't really have any advice as such other than recommend you listen to your doctor. I can totally understand your feelings though, it's natural to feel like you're letting work down etc. and I think I'd be the exact same - but at the end of the day we need to learn that our health and our babies come first. I'm also sure that your company will be understanding, any reasonable employer would not want to see you suffer or put your health at risk. Not to say that they won't be disappointed on a personal level to lose you for quite a while, especially as an employee with a good reputation as a hard worker - but I'm sure they would put that disappointment aside and recognise that your health comes first.
    Not to mention, that there are strong legal protections in place for pregnant women so they can't be discriminated against. I don't know the specific requirements around maternity leave / sick leave but I'd be very surprised if being signed off early sick due to the pregnancy could affect your maternity entitlement. Do work know about your pregnancy yet?
    Hope you can come to a decision soon - do try think of your own health and well-being, plus baby! It's not easy when you are conscious of work commitments but it has to be done.
    Take care of yourself!

• Registered Users Posts: 507 ✭✭✭elly123

Hi All,

Hope you are all keeping well. I had my first hospital consultant app this morning. All went great, baby measuring good and doc happy with what she saw. I've to think about how i want to deliver. I've a lot to think about. She gave me the option of tying my tubes if i opt for section. Its not something i considered even though i'm 100% that this will be my last baby. My husband is 100% behind whatever i choose. I need to weigh up the pro's and cons of both the vbac and section and also tubes been tied vs leaving them. If i go with section I will be brought in to have the section a week early which would be my bday :) It would be a lovely bday present.

Big scan now on the 3rd July to look forward it :) Although i have a sneaky feeling my hubby will want to go for a private scan between now and then to find out the sex and also see the baby.

Face masks seem to be compulsory in the Coombe also. I had my own with me. Next time i will opt for the disposable one. I got very claustrophobic with the material one on me and it kept fogging up my glasses!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,832 ✭✭✭heldel00

Ooh I'm interested in the tubes conversation. This will be my third section and last baby so def something I'm leaning towards. Are you public or private?

heldel00 wrote: »
    Ooh I'm interested in the tubes conversation. This will be my third section and last baby so def something I'm leaning towards. Are you public or private?

Hey Heldel, I’ve been thinking about the tubes a lot today. I’m still undecided but I’m swaying towards not having them done but I have 7 wks to really think about it. I’m also swaying towards elective section too. I had no issues dilating last time around and was pushing for half an hour before the emergency section. I don’t think I can put myself through all that again especially known that I have a really tight and tense pelvic floor so the chance of baby not progressing again is high.

I’m public in the Coombe.

• Registered Users Posts: 267 ✭✭Lizardlegz

Hi ladies, a good friend of mine had her tubes tied after her last section.... baby number 4!

She was given the option after section number 3 and even tho it’s not advised to have a forth section she said she just didn’t feel done after her third baby. She talked in depth with her consultant about everything. She decided to go again for number 4 and I believe her consultant was on board with everything. But there was no doubt in her mind she would get her tubes done after section 4. So immediately after the birth of number 4 they were done and she’s delighted with her 4 babies and doesn’t have to worry anymore about getting pregnant again.

This is my fourth baby but I haven’t had any sections... husband and I have discussed him getting the snip after this one. Not in any great detail but I think when we discuss it again he will prob go ahead...

I feel i'm 100% done after this baby. I was done at 1 for the last 7 years :) well I wasn't wholeheartedly but my husband was, he's a worrier but then had a complete change of heart in January out of the blue! So although I say i'm 100% done after this baby i just don't know and don't want the option taking from me yet :)

• Registered Users Posts: 1,832 ✭✭✭heldel00

Well i started googling at 11pm last night and that's never a good thing!
    As i said this will be my 3rd section but had a massive problem after section number 2 that I'm really only getting better from in the past 6 months so I'd day this will be offered to me.
    Husband 100% on board that he will have snip after this baby anyway but I'm thinking shure when you're in there already you may as well work away!!!

• Advertisement

I would be of the same opinion heldel, do it while they're in there. She said it is a 5 min job while having the section. I'm 99.9% sure i'm done after this baby, but there is that tiny piece of me that is swaying me towards not having the tubes done just in case :)

I’m 100% done after this baby also. But I’m letting himself get the snip!! Lol. But yes my friend said if you’re in for a section and your having surgery for that with anaesthetic anyway it was so easy to get the tubes done at the same time and only took an extra few minutes. X

• Registered Users Posts: 578 ✭✭✭cant26

Interesting conversation to be having. We are definitely done after this baby. I haven’t had a sections so not sure if this is an option if the situation led to an emergency section?
    Being honest I don’t think I’d be comfortable getting it done myself.
    My husband is 100% onboard with getting the snip! We jokingly toyed with the idea after number two but we were early 30’s and felt we were too young to close the door. Once this baby arrives I’d say he will get the skates on. Will be great to not have to figure out contraception again!

cant26 wrote: »
    Interesting conversation to be having. We are definitely done after this baby. I haven’t had a sections so not sure if this is an option if the situation led to an emergency section?
    Being honest I don’t think I’d be comfortable getting it done myself.
    My husband is 100% onboard with getting the snip! We jokingly toyed with the idea after number two but we were early 30’s and felt we were too young to close the door. Once this baby arrives I’d say he will get the skates on. Will be great to not have to figure out contraception again!

It’s also nice to get the men to do something for a change aswell!!! Lol lol lol

Lizardlegz wrote: »
    It’s also nice to get the men to do something for a change aswell!!! Lol lol lol

All joking aside I actually totally think like that!

Any of ye ladies feeling movement? I’m 18 + 3 weeks and feeling bit and pieces. Definitely had stronger movement on my boys at this stage...

All joking aside I actually totally think like that!

Lol I think I’m your sista from another mista.... I don’t think I’d be comfortable getting it done. But I’d be totally comfortable him getting it done. I just think because maybe it’s not as permanent for males or something and it’s an easier procedure. But I’d prob think differently if I knew I was having aN elective section or something? I don’t know...

Any of ye ladies feeling movement? I’m 18 + 3 weeks and feeling bit and pieces. Definitely had stronger movement on my boys at this stage...

Yep I’m just Over 20 weeks now and have been feeling loads... just little ones tho. Like my husband can’t feel them. Have been feeling them for a few weeks now.

Lol I think I’m your sista from another mista.... I don’t think I’d be comfortable getting it done. But I’d be totally comfortable him getting it done. I just think because maybe it’s not as permanent for males or something and it’s an easier procedure. But I’d prob think differently if I knew I was having aN elective section or something? I don’t know...

Haha I know what you mean, I’m the same. Hopefully it won’t be a section for with of us. Also totally agrees about the V not being as permanent. Not that we’d be changing our minds but still!

Yep I’m just Over 20 weeks now and have been feeling loads... just little ones tho. Like my husband can’t feel them. Have been feeling them for a few weeks now.

Oh that’s brilliant I’m defo feeling bit but my husband could feel the baby kick at 21 weeks on my first. I know they are different, I’m probably just so busy this time that I’m not noticing as much. Also the anatomy scan is coming up and I’m just feeling a bit antsy until it behind us and please god all will be well. Have you had yours yet?

• Advertisement

I'm feeling small movement but not very frequent. I was the same on my first. I was closer to 20/21 weeks before my husband could feel the movement.

We caved and booked a private scan for next week to find out gender and for hubby to see baby. We plan on not finding out there and then but asking them to write it down and put it in an envelope for our son to open and reveal to us. I hope he's not disappointed :):) He wants a brother.

Hope you are all keeping well :)

elly123 wrote: »
    I'm feeling small movement but not very frequent. I was the same on my first. I was closer to 20/21 weeks before my husband could feel the movement.

We caved and booked a private scan for next week to find out gender and for hubby to see baby. We plan on not finding out there and then but asking them to write it down and put it in an envelope for our son to open and reveal to us. I hope he's not disappointed :):) He wants a brother.

Hope you are all keeping well :)

Think we are due around the same time and I’m feeling about the same so might chill a bit now!

Lovely idea about the private scan, so nice to involve your son.

All ok here, bump has truly popped. Omg!!! Work is extremely busy and kids are busy so don’t get a second.
    Hope all good with you :)

Elly that’s such a lovely idea! Hope you enjoy the scan!

Cant26 I wouldn’t be worried about the movements... very pregnancy is so different and maybe you’ve just got a happy wee content Chilled out baby in There. I’m sure you’ll start feeling more in the next few weeks.

Yes my anatomy scan is next week (I think) I’ll be around 21-22 weeks then. I always get a bit nervous about the 20 week scan. So I hope all goes well.

Talked to husband about the V subject. And he’s defo happy to go ahead. Yay! Lol

Happy Friday all :D

I was laughing at both you gals Lizardlegs and cant re: let the men get the V. Your dead right. My husband is also on board with getting it done. I might even pay for it for his bday :D:D (i joke)

I was reading back over my notes about my first pregnancy and my god i had forgot so much. The only real difference between this pregnancy and my last was the MS. I was constantly sick on my first, on this one I was nauseous but only sick once. I seem to be carrying the same way. I'm convinced now its another boy :)

Elly that’s such a lovely idea! Hope you enjoy the scan!

Cant26 I wouldn’t be worried about the movements... very pregnancy is so different and maybe you’ve just got a happy wee content Chilled out baby in There. I’m sure you’ll start feeling more in the next few weeks.

Yes my anatomy scan is next week (I think) I’ll be around 21-22 weeks then. I always get a bit nervous about the 20 week scan. So I hope all goes well.

Talked to husband about the V subject. And he’s defo happy to go ahead. Yay! Lol

Woohoo on the V talk!!!! My husbands company changed health insurance plans this week and with the new one you pick three extra packages and my husband said he picked one of the extras that covers vasectomy....I’ll take that as he’s onboard!

Happy Friday all :D

I was laughing at both you gals Lizardlegs and cant re: let the men get the V. Your dead right. My husband is also on board with getting it done. I might even pay for it for his bday :D:D (i joke)

I was reading back over my notes about my first pregnancy and my god i had forgot so much. The only real difference between this pregnancy and my last was the MS. I was constantly sick on my first, on this one I was nauseous but only sick once. I seem to be carrying the same way. I'm convinced now its another boy :)

What a birthday present elly!!! That’s great that you can go back on your notes. I have a chart for each pregnancy but only get to hold onto the current one. Still haven’t gotten that yet though!

We had our scan yesterday and it was amazing. It was so good to see the baby and hear the heartbeat for the first time and to enjoy it with my husband. It was so reassuring. Again just like the dating scan baby wasn't playing ball so we didn't get to see her little face, but we got a thumbs up :)

The did out the envelope for us and put a big pink love heart in it. My son wasn't overly happy at first but he has come around and is making plans already on how they can reach the biscuit jar together :) He is obsessed with cuddly toys so we got him the teddy with the heartbeat and he has already falling in love with his little sister :)

We had our scan yesterday and it was amazing. It was so good to see the baby and hear the heartbeat for the first time and to enjoy it with my husband. It was so reassuring. Again just like the dating scan baby wasn't playing ball so we didn't get to see her little face, but we got a thumbs up :)

The did out the envelope for us and put a big pink love heart in it. My son wasn't overly happy at first but he has come around and is making plans already on how they can reach the biscuit jar together :) He is obsessed with cuddly toys so we got him the teddy with the heartbeat and he has already falling in love with his little sister :)

Aw that’s lovely, a little girl. Such a cute way to involve the whole family.
    So funny that your son wasn’t happy at the start. Their honesty is so refreshing! My eldest really wants a sister and my youngest wants a brother.
    Was that an anatomy scan you had?
    I thought mine was tomorrow week but it’s actually tomorrow two weeks. Doubt my husband will be let attend which is a pity.

Aw that’s lovely, a little girl. Such a cute way to involve the whole family.
    So funny that your son wasn’t happy at the start. Their honesty is so refreshing! My eldest really wants a sister and my youngest wants a brother.
    Was that an anatomy scan you had?
    I thought mine was tomorrow week but it’s actually tomorrow two weeks. Doubt my husband will be let attend which is a pity.

No it was a private scan I booked as my husband won’t be allowed attend my anotomy scan in the Hosp so I wanted him to be able to see baby. I also wanted to find out the gender just incase it wasn’t an option at the hospital scan.

• Advertisement

How’s everyone doing? Happy Friday! All ok here. Feel like my bump has exploded in the last week, omg I’m huge. It’s very high so actually a bit uncomfortable, which is hilarious considering I’m only 21 weeks tomorrow.
    Have my big scan next Thursday, so apprehensive. Has anyone had theirs? Feeling good for the most part but find as the week goes on I start falling!
    By Friday I’m useless. Working fulltime, and the kids are full on and it doesn’t help that my husband is working US time so as soon as I come in the door from the office it’s straight into full on mummy mode! I’m wrecked. Bloody coronavirus!
    Hope ye are all feeling well :)

Advertisement