Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Trivial things that make you happy - Part 3 - The Happyning

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 3,845 ✭✭✭Antares35

Sorted for Christmas today. Keeping it low key this year so just bought a side of salmon in Lidl (with a lovely juniper and gin glaze), a bottle of sparkling rosé and a six ft Christmas tree for twenty five euro!

Santa's elves were very busy also this evening and wrapped all the little ones presents so they are ready to go.

Squeaky plush toy for the dog, and a bag of logs for the fire :)

So happy that I won't be running around stressing about shopping etc this year, and can just kick back and relax :)

• Registered Users Posts: 1,125 ✭✭✭wildwillow

I'm so jealous of the Christmas meal planned. I so hate the Christmas dinner but, since I'll be a guest and only be contributing the ham, I will binge on the veg elements.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,677 ✭✭✭4Ad

Discovering a new song..
    Groove Armada's - Look me in the eye Sister, Live from Glastonbury...
    Brilliant.

• Registered Users Posts: 10,295 ✭✭✭✭branie2

Toy show tonight

• Registered Users Posts: 624 ✭✭✭Jenna James

A daycent sandwich at lunch.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 10,295 ✭✭✭✭branie2

Finding out that the cinemas can open again next week

• Registered Users Posts: 2,645 ✭✭✭SineadSpears

branie2 wrote: »

Coming on to the thread to write a post & seeing that the cinema's will apparently be open next week when I didn't know this!! Chuffed :)

• Registered Users Posts: 2,645 ✭✭✭SineadSpears

How a song can have such an impact on people's lives.
    Yungblud posts a new song (Mars) & within 30mins there were about 4,000 comments of how much the song has meant to people. Very touching

• Registered Users Posts: 1,681 ✭✭✭Porklife

Hearing this I jumped up and did a big Yesssss!!!!! I absolutely love and miss the cinema.
    I used to love booking a day off work and going to the IFI to drink wine during the day and watch an obscure movie, made me feel like a real thespian:)

• Registered Users Posts: 13,477 ✭✭✭✭cj maxx

My son describing his teacher as not strict, notlike ms Mc ***(last years teacher) She was one tough cookie !! The relief in his voice was evident. Made me laugh.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 6,191 ✭✭✭Archeron

I know there are memes about it, but heard my first fart on a zoom meeting today. 22 people on and one person unmuted getting ready to present. Cue, massive ripper, a proper eyebrow raiser. Thankfully everybody else was muted and off camera.

• Registered Users Posts: 16,091 ✭✭✭✭iamwhoiam

The huge effort being made this year to light up the outside for Christmas . Lots of people around here have decorated the street trees.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 187 ✭✭On the Beach

Deleting my Facebook account. And this time for good. :)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 187 ✭✭On the Beach

Eating Lindt chocolate balls. God I love them

• Registered Users Posts: 32,634 ✭✭✭✭Graces7

wildwillow wrote: »
    I'm so jealous of the Christmas meal planned. I so hate the Christmas dinner but, since I'll be a guest and only be contributing the ham, I will binge on the veg elements.

I love it! Love buying for it, love cooking it and love eating it. I am totally alone so a " real meal" is an occasion.

It has become kind of a Christmas .... joining..... with all my family long gone, so I make it very special. Turkey ( just the breast with a special recipe of my own, with cranberry and stuffing), roast potatoes and roast parsnips, sprouts and good gravy, and yes, served with a few tears wishing they were here to share it...)
    I plate and freeze some also.

Good to keep old skills alive. Used to cook for a living at one time..

Looking forward to it and to the dwelling with that special warm Christmas fragrance!

Advent first though.... quiet and simple.

• Registered Users Posts: 32,634 ✭✭✭✭Graces7

iamwhoiam wrote: »
    The huge effort being made this year to light up the outside for Christmas . Lots of people around here have decorated the street trees.

I have ordered lights too; although my window is barely visible and cannot afford outdoor lights as well

We NEED lights this year.

• Registered Users Posts: 40,187 ✭✭✭✭ohnonotgmail

"The Core" is on my tellybox. the greatest science fact film ever made

• Registered Users Posts: 10,943 ✭✭✭✭the purple tin

The nice people around the country who put up big xmas displays at their house and have a collection box where the donations go to charity :)

• Registered Users Posts: 3,614 ✭✭✭Gamer Bhoy 89

Our water supply was supposed to be cut off for the day. Just heard that it's to come back a lot earlier than expected. Now I can have a bath (baths on weekends are my self-given treats. I have to have rushed showers every day during the week)

• Registered Users Posts: 10,943 ✭✭✭✭the purple tin

Eating Lindt chocolate balls. God I love them
    When people call them that I always think of Chef's song :D
    They are nice if you suck on them too :)

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 397 ✭✭js35

I know this is very trivial but I’ve been sick the past week and today was the first day I felt somewhat better don’t know where I got the energy from but I scrubbed the house top to bottom today now sitting back admiring my work with a cuppa :pac:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,997 ✭✭✭The Crazy Cat Lady

boards people, who share their helpful ideas/suggestions :)

• Registered Users Posts: 18,314 ✭✭✭✭gormdubhgorm

Gas kids on the Late Late Toy Show with thier gap toothed smiles.

Guff about stuff, and stuff about guff.

• Registered Users Posts: 13,762 ✭✭✭✭dubstarr

Delighted to hear that.My son has been asking me to bring him.I feel a lovely family day out next week.Maybe even a day off school.:D

• Registered Users Posts: 624 ✭✭✭Jenna James

Movie Sunday. Poltergeist. An oldie but a goodie. :pac:

• Registered Users Posts: 4,009 ✭✭✭Bredabe

After a very stressful three weeks, I have my assessment in.

The first assessment for each year is stressful as I forget so much over the summer and lectures seem to run a competition as to who can be the least helpful.

This year deadlines were run into each other and they were impossible for me with an sld. Now I see the same ppl who told me not to fight with course admin over this, saying they will need an extension on the deadline.

TH I have the rest of the day to decompress and I feel less stressed knowing that it wasn't just me having issues with the course after all!

"Have you ever wagged your tail so hard you fell over"?-Brod Higgins.

Listening to Miley and Billy Idol on a duet ,its a cracker. Really lifted my spirits.

• Registered Users Posts: 71,799 ✭✭✭✭Ted_YNWA

dubstarr wrote:
    Listening to Miley and Billy Idol on a duet ,its a cracker. Really lifted my spirits.

I read that as Miley & Biddy. Was wondering was I getting the Glenroes early.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 1,612 ✭✭✭Gervais08

Ted_YNWA wrote: »

I want to see them doing Islands in the Stream now!!! Holy God!!!

• Advertisement

Ted_YNWA wrote: »

Well Holy God:D

Advertisement