Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

ESB Networks - Apprenticeship program

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 74 ✭✭Dildert123

Biffinator wrote: »
    6 months probation , forms for solas are sent away already but things are slow with them too

Hey can i ask how many hours are involved during the week?

• Registered Users Posts: 53 ✭✭Larryduff2018

Thanks. My buddy got a call this afternoon he has interview in 2 weeks time so at least some progress on recruitment side been made

Thanks. My buddy got a call this afternoon he has interview in 2 weeks time so at least some progress on recruitment side been made

Where is your buddy based?

• Registered Users Posts: 8 Dunneclan01

Is it safe to assume that if you don't get a call within the next few days, you aren't getting through to the interview stage?

In the Midlands.

• Advertisement

I heard a lot of the cork lads have been selected for interviews now.......like i got an email Tuesday saying that the shortlisting was still ongoing for the roll.
    Hopefully I'll hear something next week

Dildert123 wrote: »
    Where is your buddy based?

Based in the midlands

I heard a lot of the cork lads have been selected for interviews now.......like i got an email Tuesday saying that the shortlisting was still ongoing for the roll.
    Hopefully I'll hear something next week

Hang in there its a slow process you could hear very soon. Best of luck

Anyone else get any info about an interview?

Anyone else get any info about an interview?

Nothing on my end

Id like to think seeing as they're starting to call now and we haven't been rejected it could be a good sign

• Advertisement

Nothing on my end

Id like to think seeing as they're starting to call now and we haven't been rejected it could be a good sign

Well the timing on that, I just got a call about an interview there.

Well the timing on that, I just got a call about an interview there.

Ah fair play best of luck!!!!!
    Did you get a email last week saying the shortlisting is continuing?

Ah fair play best of luck!!!!!
    Did you get a email last week saying the shortlisting is continuing?

Yes I did

Yes I did

Where ya based?

Mighty stuff best of luck .

Where ya based?

Mayo, sorry about the late reply

• Registered Users Posts: 17 beamee

Have been called for interview in Athlone next week. Would be grateful for any advice. TIA

beamee wrote: »
    Have been called for interview in Athlone next week. Would be grateful for any advice. TIA

Yes athlone interviews next week think most got called last week about them at least abit of notice to get organised.

I was called up to the clayton hotel in Dublin for the 29th

I was called up to the clayton hotel in Dublin for the 29th

Best of luck

• Advertisement

Best of luck

Thanks a million

• Registered Users Posts: 55 ✭✭Pittabang

My son recently started an electrician apprenticeship with a firm in Dublin (6 weeks ago) and had been now called for ESB networks interview in about 2 weeks time.
    If he was successful in interview and was offered a position would he be better off staying out with the firm he is with or would it be worth his while accepting an offer from ESB?
    Thanks in advance.

• Registered Users Posts: 75 ✭✭torbie

Pittabang wrote: »
    My son recently started an electrician apprenticeship with a firm in Dublin (6 weeks ago) and had been now called for ESB networks interview in about 2 weeks time.
    If he was successful in interview and was offered a position would he be better off staying out with the firm he is with or would it be worth his while accepting an offer from ESB?
    Thanks in advance.

I think he should goto interview. The people starting now were interview last September/october...everything has a knock on effect.
    Have a look at the ESB apprenticeship website and videos. Itll give you a good idea of what happens.
    Good luck!

Pittabang wrote: »
    Thanks in advance.
    Yes definitely do the intwrview theres plenty out there that dont even get to interview stage. It will be a slow process you could be waiting 6 weeks after interview to hear back . This years apprentices due to start in september provided covid doesnt cause havoc again.
    Have a good go at the interview if he gets it he needs to make a decision if not at least he has started an apprenticeship.
    If he has to choose he's have to weigh up pros n cons of both. Not an easy choice but wait till interview results come back.

Would anybody have any tips for the interview ?

Yes definitely do the intwrview theres plenty out there that dont even get to interview stage. It will be a slow process you could be waiting 6 weeks after interview to hear back . This years apprentices due to start in september provided covid doesnt cause havoc again.
    Have a good go at the interview if he gets it he needs to make a decision if not at least he has started an apprenticeship.
    If he has to choose he's have to weigh up pros n cons of both. Not an easy choice but wait till interview results come back.

The company he is with see if they have many projects on the go. If they do and there busy might be a good chance of been kept on. Not 100% on this but id reckon everyone after the 4 years no matter what company there with will be intviewed at end of apprenticeship for permanent job positions if available. Might not be the case with smaller firms but id reckon the big companies do.Correct me if im wrong .

To anyone that has done their interview, how long did it last?

To anyone that has done their interview, how long did it last?

There about 40 minutes long

I heard it only feels like 5 minutes it goes so fast

• Advertisement

Will the ESB be hiring more apprentices this year because of what happened with covid last year?

I asked in the interview and they said they'll try facilitate 40-60

Advertisement