Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Wokeism of the day *Revised Mod Note in OP and threadbanned users*

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 2,121 ✭✭✭kowloonkev

You may not even understand what a stereotype is if you think men being physically stronger and faster is a stereotype. And what that article is supposed to prove, apart from your desperation, I don't know.

• Registered Users Posts: 23,657 ✭✭✭✭One eyed Jack

I understand perfectly what a stereotype is, which is why I’m making the point that at an individual level, stereotyping is irrelevant, it doesn’t matter that men are generally physically stronger and faster if a man is physically outnumbered and has notions about “stepping up”, to be beaten within an inch of his life and ending up in hospital. He’s not going to be chasing flighty little fcukers then, is he? That’s what the article demonstrates, that your stereotypes don’t matter, they’re irrelevant. In reality the members of the force are calling on Government to take action, because of their members rights that they have a reasonable expectation of safety in their work -

Our members are under constant attack, there must be action and those who violate the rights of our members to work in a reasonable expectation of safety must not be tolerated.

That’s reality, as opposed to your ideas, which aren’t even being close to being based on reality.

Well like I said earlier, based upon my personal preferences, I’ll go with the one who has the nice pair of tits… good sense of humour is also a plus.

(if I’m going to die, I’d like a glimpse of Heaven before I go, cos I’m pretty sure I’m destined to go the opposite direction when I die 😒)

• Registered Users Posts: 13,808 ✭✭✭✭Potential-Monke

Having done the job for 10 years, I can hand on heart say that I feared going out with the majority of women. Aside from not being as physically able as most men, a lot of them came across like they had something to prove, and often made situations worse or go physical as a result. The men were less likely to initiate the fighting, but were more dependable when it happened. Maybe just the simple presence of men instead of women helps prevent these situations in the first place. Who knows.

At the same time, I can say the same about some of the men, and some of the women were better than some of the men. Problem is, there isn't enough time to do the standard job as it is, so fitness takes a hit. One could say it should be up to the Garda, but I know from experience that the last thing you want to do after most shifts is something physical. And there was no requirement/no one pushing us/(or in my opinion, the most important) not scheduled during work.

The woke part was the extremely overweight female who was only allowed in due to discrimination over her weight and was as useful as a paper fishing net. A liability. But it's not what you know....

• Registered Users Posts: 12,839 ✭✭✭✭Rothko

Scientific facts are now stereotypes lol. Jesus wept.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 897 ✭✭✭thegame983

To be fair denying reality is a defining characteristic of wokeness. At least they're consistent.

You’ve got that arseways - stereotypes, are not scientific facts. Applying broad generalisations to specific situations, assuming a foregone conclusion, selecting only the criteria which support your already foregone conclusion, does not constitute scientific evidence, let alone any idea that it is a scientific fact. That’s the sort of idiocy that led to phrenology being regarded as a legitimate scientific fact which justified ill treatment of other groups of human beings. It has nothing to do with science, and everything to do with morality.

It’s why the other poster presented the false dilemma of having to choose between being rescued from a burning building by either a woman who’s a dwarf, or a man who’s built like an absolute unit. The whole hypothetical question is predicated upon false assumptions.

One doesn’t get to pick their rescuer for a start, and if I were to reverse that conundrum, I’d have to choose between dragging a dwarf out of a burning building, or the absolute unit. I know which one is immediately more practical from my perspective, but that’s me being pragmatic. You may well make a different decision in those hypothetical circumstances, all of which would be rendered irrelevant by the fact that firefighters work in teams, they don’t operate like some people imagine they would, or should. Much of the basics they learn in training are to avoid injuries to themselves, and avoid further injury to the general public.

The ‘have-a-go hero’ types are a danger to themselves, and more so to the general public. They’ll carry you out of a burning building over their shoulders without thinking about it first, but you may well end up in a wheelchair for the rest of your life, and that’s if he doesn’t bounce his 6ft frame off a sagging overhead beam due to low visibility, or isn’t overcome by smoke. There’s so many variables to your hypothetical scenario that whether men are faster, stronger or whatever else you think suits your ideal stereotype in that situation, are rendered irrelevant, because your ideal circumstances just don’t map to reality.

By your standards then, declaring that women being encouraged to be firefighters is is discrimination against men, must be woke as fcuk, cos it sure as hell has nothing to do with biology, scientific fact, or reality -

https://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Women_in_firefighting

• Registered Users Posts: 5,960 ✭✭✭Yeah_Right

• Registered Users Posts: 17,840 ✭✭✭✭silverharp

A belief in gender identity involves a level of faith as there is nothing tangible to prove its existence which, as something divorced from the physical body, is similar to the idea of a soul. - Colette Colfer

• Registered Users Posts: 13,280 ✭✭✭✭kowloon

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 7,685 ✭✭✭growleaves

Bill Clinton was very sexist yes.

I do think upper body strength is important for moving heavy fire equipment, breaking into houses with an axe etc.

probably not enough women 1.0 caught Monkeypox, women 2.0 on the other hand

A belief in gender identity involves a level of faith as there is nothing tangible to prove its existence which, as something divorced from the physical body, is similar to the idea of a soul. - Colette Colfer

• Registered Users Posts: 16,347 ✭✭✭✭Leg End Reject

Imagine being so woke you don't want to offend the paedophiles?

That's quite the head scratcher.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,193 ✭✭✭TomSweeney

Jesus Christ !

At this stage I am convinced it's the left just being stubborn and thinking "This will really piss those conservatives off" ...

• Registered Users Posts: 15,746 ✭✭✭✭whisky_galore

Lol.

I did think at some point, being a kiddy fiddler will become an accepted lifestyle choice. This is the future folks!

What about animal attracted people and their rights??

• Registered Users Posts: 8,270 ✭✭✭AllForIt

Surprised they don't use so called People First Language like people living with an attraction to minors.

When people use the term 'groomers' as an insult to people with far out lib ideas, we're the far right fascists, i.e. the bad ones in all this kinda stuff.

What's the + in LGBT+ again anyone? Well excuse me for LGB people like myself being protective of our own thing, as if Left Libs are the ones who should decide on the lingo and what 'demographics' we're linked with, being the superior people they are that got up our rights so they're in change.

Anyway I think the reason Scotland got so woke is in great part due to Brexit and Scotland's desire for Independence from he UK so they can go back in the EU. So it's all to show how socio-politically at odds they are from the rest of the UK.

Personally I think Nicola Sturgeon's game will be up soon, probably this year, and there won't be another indy ref.

Interesting that this is being reported in The Guardian, as a straightforward news report and not wrapped up in some opinion piece in support of her case. As I said recently The Guardian does appear to have noticeably shifted in it's editorial position on this general issue of late.

• Registered Users Posts: 14,521 ✭✭✭✭MisterAnarchy

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 897 ✭✭✭thegame983

The Guardian need to be careful when its women vs trans as to criticize either group goes against the woke mindset. Which is their entire platform.

it was kinda funny when all this grooming crap was contained to the US...

• Registered Users Posts: 16,361 ✭✭✭✭nullzero

Ah come on, come on. Come on, come on. Come on, come on, come on.

Seriously though it's pure insanity.

Can't wait for the wokeys here standing up for paedo rights in the next few months.

Glazers Out!

• Registered Users Posts: 13,505 ✭✭✭✭Mad_maxx

Il be front and centre at a local meeting between parents and teachers if this comes to pass, expect the media to warmly and enthusiastically get behind it

grotesque

That promo for Dancing with the Stars.

Just when you thought it couldn't be any more fabulous.

• Registered Users Posts: 13,808 ✭✭✭✭Potential-Monke

Shocked at the Scot cops... I'm guessing they didn't ask their members how they felt about it. If I was still a Garda, and management told me to start calling paedos MAPs, they would be rightly told to fvck right off and a paedo will always be a paedo. If they have an issue with it, then ask the paedos to STOP RAPING CHLIDREN!!!

Jesus, this world really doesn't want common sense anymore. Then again, suppose it was never common if this is where we're heading... What next, rapists will have to be called "Involuntary sexual providers"?

“ Panti Bliss “ guy looks like something out of a horror movie in the add , proper ghoulish

I said it before, the socio-political left keep digging for minorities to platform. When it's not the gayz it's a certain type of gay like a drag queen, when it's not a transgender person is a more niche type of transgender person, I dunno, like one who wants to keep their beard or someone intentionally visually provocative. The aim is to shock, get a reaction, and hey presto, some phobia or other. Keeps the NGO's getting their funding because said reactions 'shows there is a need for constant campaigning' and therefore constant funding. Just like the 'survey's' they conduct here in Ireland, but I'll leave that for another thread coming soon. All I'll say for now is they have some creative ways to make people say they're 'scared'.

They're supposed to look like that that's the point. They're supposed to look fuked up tragic inside but isn't that fabulous all the same type of thing. That's what the whole clown makeup around the lips is all about. It's supposed to look a bit sinister, like The Joker, but hey this is just the real me expressing myself.

Anyway I regret bringing that up as I had a dream or is it nightmare last night where I moved into some dilapidated apartment block 1980's Bronx style and Rory O'Neil was my neighbour. He forced friendship on me where he got me into dressing up as a drag queen and he took me off on some drag queen tour like Priscilla Queen of the desert. I had to pretend the whole time I was into it and not unset anyone. No cheese on toast before bedtime is my new years resolution.

Permanent revolution only all of it focuses on cultural issues, the new Bolshevism

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 12,556 ✭✭✭✭AckwelFoley

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement