Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

De'Longhi Magnifica Bean to Cup Espresso/Cappuccino Maker £199

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 485 ✭✭ninjasurfer1

What's the max size drink you can get from this?
    I usually drink 350-500 ml per mug so would this require making multiple coffee's or can you program it to output for any size?

• Registered Users Posts: 80 ✭✭Vwsham

Thanks to the Christmas poster for the heads up on the bean to cup for 113.
    I picked mine up this morning and put it to its work.Lovely coffee and easy to use

Indeed. Thanks Op

• Registered Users Posts: 5,439 ✭✭✭caviardreams

I usually drink 350-500 ml per mug so would this require making multiple coffee's or can you program it to output for any size?

It's an espresso machine, so if you want a long black coffee, you would probably need to top it up with hot water like an americano. This would be the same with any espresso machine

• Registered Users Posts: 13 Jay_Cee1985

Thanks to the Christmas poster for the heads up on the bean to cup for 113.
    I picked mine up this morning and put it to its work.Lovely coffee and easy to use

How loud is it? The reviews are mixed with some people saying it's unbearable noise with others saying it's okay. I really want to buy but am reluctant to pull the trigger due to this

• Registered Users Posts: 2,709 ✭✭✭upandcumming

I just opened the 2800 and I'm delighted with it. I was having a poke around and I noticed that the top of the piece where the ground beans go, is extremely oily. It's nearly like vaseline on it. Anyone have similar?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 4,931 ✭✭✭dingding

http://www.delonghi.com/en-gb/seriousaboutcoffee/coffee-club

dont forget to apply for your free gift before end dec

• Registered Users Posts: 735 ✭✭✭absolutegroove

Coffee Machine Promotion - register before December 31st 2017

http://delonghioffers.com/coffee

It says for the UK only in the T&C’s - would Parcel Motel/Parcel Wizard/Addrees Pal get around this?

• Registered Users Posts: 4,931 ✭✭✭dingding

Coffee Machine Promotion - register before December 31st 2017

http://delonghioffers.com/coffee

It says for the UK only in the T&C’s - would Parcel Motel/Parcel Wizard/Addrees Pal get around this?

I put in my Irish address and 00000 as the post code

• Registered Users Posts: 925 ✭✭✭codie

How loud is it? The reviews are mixed with some people saying it's unbearable noise with others saying it's okay. I really want to buy but am reluctant to pull the trigger due to this

The Nespresso is way louder, which I have had for at least 4 years. Don't find this machine loud at all

• Registered Users Posts: 735 ✭✭✭absolutegroove

dingding wrote: »
    I put in my Irish address and 00000 as the post code

Did you get the gift below? (Taken from HUKD)

There is a free gift of 3 x 200g of Union hand roasted coffee beans and Twin pack descaler if you join Delonghi coffee club
    and register your purchase of the coffee machine.

www.delonghioffers.com/coffee

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 842 ✭✭✭pjproby

Anyone else using pre ground coffee in the 2800 machine? I have the machine 3 days now and constantly getting the ground container full error message. The container is not full. There is a way of resetting it to overcome the issue but it is a cup of coffee I want.

• Moderators Posts: 3,554 ✭✭✭Wise Old Elf

I've used it with ground coffee with no issues bar the first attempt.
    Seems you have to wait until it's ready to brew (lights stop flashing) before putting the ground coffee in. Only the one cup button will work also.

In terms of noise, it's no noisier than any other grinder/espresso maker. It's not silent but not too bad.

• Registered Users Posts: 1 redshoulder123

On their page to claim gifts,

"This offer applies to purchases of De’Longhi Bean to Cup machines between 1st November 2017 to 31st December 2017 and requires registration to the De’Longhi Coffee Club. Registrations must be made within 30 days of purchase"

So from this so long as you have a receipt and purchase on or before 31 Dec and complete registration by 30 Jan, you are ok?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,181 ✭✭✭Crimson King

On way to Omni Argos yesterday and felt a bit sh*tty (cold) so decided to leave it until today and drop in on way home. Sitting in work now and checking and all stores are out of stock I have checked (Tallaght, Omni, Liffey Valley, Ilac, Blanch). Bloody annoyed now. Typical :mad:

• Registered Users Posts: 1,156 ✭✭✭loki7777

On their page to claim gifts,

"This offer applies to purchases of De’Longhi Bean to Cup machines between 1st November 2017 to 31st December 2017 and requires registration to the De’Longhi Coffee Club. Registrations must be made within 30 days of purchase"

So from this so long as you have a receipt and purchase on or before 31 Dec and complete registration by 30 Jan, you are ok?

Yes, buy before end of year, for registration another 30 days - it was pointed out somewhere as well(poster or T&C's).

• Registered Users Posts: 7,815 ✭✭✭stimpson

On way to Omni Argos yesterday and felt a bit sh*tty (cold) so decided to leave it until today and drop in on way home. Sitting in work now and checking and all stores are out of stock I have checked (Tallaght, Omni, Liffey Valley, Ilac, Blanch). Bloody annoyed now. Typical :mad:

They had none in Omni yesterday. I ordered one a few days ago and the collection date given was 2nd Jan.

For anyone looking for a cheap source of fresh beans, discountcoffee.ie are worth a look. Free next day delivery for orders over €50. They often have 3 for 2 deals on. Last order I got was 7kg for €57. Not bad when you will pay €6 for 250g in a supermarket. Coffee beans freeze well!

• Registered Users Posts: 7,157 ✭✭✭srsly78

Like myself, you will only want to press the double-shot button.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,751 ✭✭✭mirrorwall14

Got my text. On my way back home from the west and to collect mine in Liffey Valley! Super excited

• Registered Users Posts: 159 ✭✭rabwaygal

Got my text. On my way back home from the west and to collect mine in Liffey Valley! Super excited

I tried to reserve one in Galway. Got the confirmation email but not reservation code. Did you get a code? It said a text would be sent

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,751 ✭✭✭mirrorwall14

rabwaygal wrote: »
    I tried to reserve one in Galway. Got the confirmation email but not reservation code. Did you get a code? It said a text would be sent

Got initial confirmation email and text. This morning got the text to say revervation (number) was in store to be collected by jan 1st

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 476 ✭✭RunRoryRun

Recommend anyone still looking for one to check stock after the stores close this evening. Any reservations not collected by end of day will show as fresh stock on the website and can be reserved. About 5 left in Dublin last night about 10.30pm when none had been about 6pm.

stimpson wrote: »
    They had none in Omni yesterday. I ordered one a few days ago and the collection date given was 2nd Jan.

For anyone looking for a cheap source of fresh beans, discountcoffee.ie are worth a look. Free next day delivery for orders over €50. They often have 3 for 2 deals on. Last order I got was 7kg for €57. Not bad when you will pay €6 for 250g in a supermarket. Coffee beans freeze well!

what beans would you recommend from there?

does freezing the beans really make them last?

• Registered Users Posts: 251 ✭✭the_pod

Just got my text for collection from nutgrove, hope to pick it up later. As for beans, haven't tried discount coffee but I've tried the following - all good and not too expensive depending on your choice and shipping options.

Aroisa, Badger & Dodo, Bailies, Three fools and Pact in the UK

• Registered Users Posts: 5,439 ✭✭✭caviardreams

glasso wrote: »
    what beans would you recommend from there?

does freezing the beans really make them last?

Just to note, as far as I know the beans from discountcoffee aren't "fresh" i.e. they don't come with a roast date so could have been roasted some time ago. I would not recommend freezing beans tbh. If you don't mind about roast date/freshness then go for it, but just pointing out the difference compared with ariosa, badger & dodo etc. mentioned above. You usually get what you pay for in terms of beans imo.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,894 ✭✭✭furiousox

Ariosa recently opened a small coffee shop here in Drogheda.
    I'm going to try and get in tomorrow to pick up some beans.

CPL 593H

Just to note, as far as I know the beans from discountcoffee aren't "fresh" i.e. they don't come with a roast date so could have been roasted some time ago. I would not recommend freezing beans tbh. If you don't mind about roast date/freshness then go for it, but just pointing out the difference compared with ariosa, badger & dodo etc. mentioned above. You usually get what you pay for in terms of beans imo.

any recommendations for a good value postal subscription option for people only using 1/2 cups a day - so 250g to 500g a month?

• Registered Users Posts: 9,001 ✭✭✭mad m

glasso wrote: »
    any recommendations for a good value postal subscription option for people only using 1/2 cups a day - so 250g to 500g a month?

Lookup Bailies coffee 6/12 month sub.

mad m wrote: »
    Lookup Bailies coffee 6/12 month sub.

seems to be about 50 euro for a 250g expresso bag a month delivered for 6 months with a free glass coffee cup.
    not too bad I suppose.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,815 ✭✭✭stimpson

I just looked at my last batch ordered in early November and the best before date is Oct 18, so you can be fairly sure they were roasted in the previous couple of weeks. I’m pretty sure the best before date has always been almost a year ahead when I order so I’d be happy that they are fresh. They certainly have plenty of aroma.

The tip in freezing beans came from a Scott Rao book. He has forgotten more about coffee that we will ever know so it’s good enough for me. I’ve done it regularly and never had a problem. He says this on freezing:
    Although it still has its skeptics, freezing coffee has proven itself to be very effective for long-term coffee storage. Freezing decreases oxidation rates by more than 90% and slows the movement of volatiles.”

“There is no need to worry about the moisture in freshly roasted coffee actually freezing, as it is bound to the coffee matrix, which makes in nonfreezable.”

In answer to the question above I’ve bought the Signature Blend and the Espresso blend and the have both been very good. They have single origin stuff from time to time which is worth a punt too.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,181 ✭✭✭Crimson King

Went to omni after work and was told two were due in soon and reserved one. Came home and just got the text saying it's ready for collection. Delighted tbh.

Advertisement