Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all,
Vanilla are planning an update to the site on April 24th (next Wednesday). It is a major PHP8 update which is expected to boost performance across the site. The site will be down from 7pm and it is expected to take about an hour to complete. We appreciate your patience during the update.
Thanks all.

El Nino effects in Europe 2015

Options
2»

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,520 ✭✭✭nagdefy

saltsun wrote: »
    I can't place the year, but I remember one February when it was 18 or 19 degrees, I was working outside and it was warm even in a tshirt. (Five?)Six nations was on around the same time. Think was 1998 the year?

It was 1998 alright. 3 or 4 very mild days with hazy sunshine mid month.

• Registered Users Posts: 16,637 ✭✭✭✭nacho libre

sryanbruen wrote: »
    "LESS STORMY" - :pac::pac: I wish... This Winter so far has been the epitome of ****! As soon as they mention naming storms, a thousand storms start belting right at us.. Coincidentally as soon as somebody in 2012 mentioned "Hosepipe ban" in the UK and then in April, the weather turned around dramatically to a prolonged period of blocked patterns with wet and mostly cool weather. Be careful about what we say LOL :D. Anybody think the El Nino will cause February to be as mild as 1998 when a strong El Nino also took place?

I hope not. The netweather winter forecast talks of a very mild February. I think, knowing our luck, we will get an easterly at the very end of February into March.

• Registered Users Posts: 13,506 ✭✭✭✭sryanbruen

I hope not. The netweather winter forecast talks of a very mild February. I think, knowing our luck, we will get an easterly at the very end of February into March.

Well see these contrasts associated with Strong El Ninos:

February 1983 - Very cold
    February 1998 - Unseasonably "warm"

Advertisement