Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

The Killers - Malahide Castle - Tues 16th June 2020

Options
124»

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 6,761 ✭✭✭10-10-20

It was 25,000 attendees, not 125,000. Very poor pre-planning.

OK, maybe I was too focused on the green EXIT sign, DOH! But we did ask.

• Registered Users Posts: 247 ✭✭Kilteragh

Yes but those who had to travel from outside of Dublin have little choice. I looked into the Dart but that would have meant driving through the same Dublin rush hour traffic, trying to find somewhere to dump the car in Dublin, an hour long Dart to Malahide and the same in reverse.

I've been to loads of gigs but this was my first time going to Malahide. I know how to navigate the Aviva, Croker, 3 Arena etc. and the car works fine for the 3 Arena with some queuing but not a lot. The other venues I would make different arrangements for.

The fact that it was a Tuesday night meant that an overnighter with the 2 teenagers wasn't really an option. Malahide for a midweek gig isn't really an option for me in future I would say. Not sure I'd bother with a weekend either to be honest.

You live and learn.

• Registered Users Posts: 37,902 ✭✭✭✭PTH2009

Safe travels to everyone going today

Looking forward to the show, venue looks decent and kind for smaller folk like myself as it's flat ha

• Registered Users Posts: 9,594 ✭✭✭billyhead

I got the train Northbound after the gig and the frequency of service compared to Southbound trains wasn't great.

• Registered Users Posts: 183 ✭✭SimpleDimple

Yeah I know what you mean. It’s not the most accessible, with only one road in and out and you’re coming in rush hour in top of that.

Hope it didn’t spoil the evening anyway and you all had a good gig!

• Advertisement

If I don't have good sound from here I give up haha

That was a great show, setlist was good and worked into itself well.

• Registered Users Posts: 322 ✭✭Fiyatoe

Class gig.

but the public transport was absolutely appalling, just sums up one of Ireland’s many problems. I know it’s for another thread but leaving Connolly to get Dart to malahide yesterday evening you wouldn’t even know there was a gig on, darts weren’t as frequent as they should have been, and the crowds on them were at risk of crushing people and that’s no exaggeration.

zero planning. After the gig was over you physically could not get into malahide station for the dart. Walked for miles and miles and eventually got the other half’s parents to lift us all the way from North Kildare.

by the time we would have waited to get a dart back into Connolly we would have missed all the last scheduled bus and train options home westbound for the night . Shambles

brandon flowers is some showman. I might have liked them on for a little bit longer. Blossoms were fairly good and academic.

queues were a dream, really relaxed gig. I’d say most people were over 25 and you never had to wait more than 3-4 mins for a beer or food.

• Registered Users Posts: 12,379 ✭✭✭✭siblers

Did they play Bones?

• Registered Users Posts: 165 ✭✭mactheknife19

Sound and staging / lighting was improved for the second night. Small tweaks on the set list were also an improvement (Linger was a nice touch). The 3 song encore set was a better selection then the 2 the previous night. Played a slightly different version of Mr Brightside on the first night where the first part sound different, but when for the full version on the second night.

• Advertisement

Happy i went in the end, the venue was great and the lines for everything moved fairly fast. Merch was a little disappointing as they ran out of a few shirt sizes pretty quick. Let's hope Marley Park is run like this

Wasn't really to bothered with the support but they both sounded pretty good. If only San Fender stayed on the bill

The Killers performance was great as was the setlist. Really enjoyed 'When You Were Young', 'Spaceman', 'A dustland Fariytale' and 'Mr Brightside' (which a big % of the crowd only went for). Fair play to the guy who went up and played the drums. Was in the que for the bar at the time but it sounded good

• Registered Users Posts: 3,208 ✭✭✭overshoot

Can't help wondering was it the same guy who played the drums as the first night 😂

Wonder did they ever get somone up who didn't have a clue

Yep. Argentina Lollapalooza in 2018. A total bluffer came up and was dispatched fairly quickly before another guy came up and nailed it.

I'm always tense when the drummer sits down for this. On Tuesday Sam from Monkstown looked totally disinterested and laid back and I thought "uh-oh we may have a doozy here". He went on to nail it perfectly which shows how good a judge I am!

• Registered Users, Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 6,515 Mod ✭✭✭✭sharkman

• Registered Users Posts: 10,280 ✭✭✭✭greenspurs

traffic must have been better organised for the 2nd night ?

"Bright lights and Thunder .................... "

Annoying me a bit

Was it only Brandon and the Drummer that played last week from the original line up ? From what i remember the guy with the long curly hair wasn't there (unless he got his hair cut or dyed)?

Yeah. Keuning and Stoermer are still members of the band but don't tour. The former for creative reasons and the latter due to health.

Ted Sablay who plays lead guitar has been part of the touring band for years and as such is not an official member.

Pretty unusual but the guys standing in are pretty good

re Traffic (mis) Management.

Was at Malahide for Picture This on saturday night.

Fairly full arena, bu tgot to car 5 mins after the band came off.

Then sat for 45 mins as mayhem/nonsense ensued....

They wont allow traffic move until the arena is emptied as pedestrians have to pass through the car park, to walk to their buses, or taxis.

Then buses are given priority to leave before the traffic from 3 different directions is allowed move....

Terrible system .......

Thats added to the list of places not to go for a gig - Punchestown + Marley.......

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 14,555 ✭✭✭✭MisterAnarchy

Dave is back touring, at least I thought he was, he did a few US dates.

Seems he is joining the European tour in Stockholm on July 1st and I'd expect him to play most of the US dates.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,530 ✭✭✭Stillill42

Lads, my wife and son are heading to Dermo tomorrow, trying to decide how best to get them there. Predictable anarchy in travel for the last few gigs there it seems. If I leave it late, miss the supports and try to drop them close to kick off, have I a chance of getting them close in the car? Should I look at dropping them a stop or 2 before on the Dart? Any ideas?

They seem to fill the car park from the front to the back, so if you are in early you will be first out.

But if you are in the car park its going to be slow at best....

Unless you make you way down to where the buses are parked and you could exit out that way - a lot of cars did that and got out quicker......

A mate of mine parked in a housing estate near the venue and walked into the venue, didnt have to queue .

Advertisement