Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

The Killers - Malahide Castle - Tues 16th June 2020

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 188 ✭✭glut22

Anyone know the set times?

• Registered Users Posts: 9,599 ✭✭✭billyhead

I was wondering this too. What time will Sam Fender be expected to start at?

• Registered Users Posts: 248 ✭✭Kilteragh

Driving up from Limerick at 4pm for this. Anyone know the best place to park in / near Malahide? Driving back down afterwards. Don't have the option of staying overnight and driving into Dublin City centre and getting the Dart doesn't look like a realistic option either.

• Registered Users Posts: 103 ✭✭swarmberg

No Sam Fender - Late enough notice.

Marathon Coaches are running a car park at the castle - anyone have any experience with this in previous years?

• Registered Users Posts: 608 ✭✭✭chocksaway

Would be interested in hearing about car park too. Website says prebooking does not guarantee a spot

• Advertisement

I presume there will be a replacement support act?

I read it as not guaranteeing a specific spot. If you pay then you are entitled to a spot. I just booked.

• Registered Users Posts: 37,909 ✭✭✭✭PTH2009

Darn is what it is I suppose

Not familiar with Blossoms, saw the Academic when they supported the Stones a few years ago. Meh

• Registered Users Posts: 10,280 ✭✭✭✭greenspurs

"Bright lights and Thunder .................... "

Looking forward to next Wednesday, bit of an impulse buy. First time in the venue too

The band really spread themselves around the UK Market the last few weeks. Visiting places like Doncaster, Falkirk, Middlesbrough, Norwich among others

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,067 ✭✭✭PCros

From previous gigs in Malahide I'd estimate the below - give or take 15 mins.

Academic @ 6:30pm

Blossoms @ 7:30pm

Killers @ 8:45pm

Strict finish time of 10:30pm

Does anyone know where the safest and free place to park and ride on public transport to the event would be whereby you won't be caught up in bottlenecks after the event?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,989 ✭✭✭steve_r

Also curious about this. Is it fair to say that the DART back will be mobbed?

• Registered Users Posts: 165 ✭✭mactheknife19

You could park in Pavillons SC in Swords, and get the 102 (Go Ahead) to Malahide. You'd come down the Swords Rd and when you reach the Castle (McAllisters Gate) it will turn left and go towards Malahide Village. You'd get out at the Cricket Club stop and the entrance is there. After the gig if I remember from previous then will open the fence to the right of the stage and you can walk out that way and there will be a route that will take you back to the McAllisters gate. You will then be back on the Swords road so not near the crowds going to the village or Dart and you can get the 102 back up if still running or might get lucky with a taxi. Its only about 3km walk if all else fails.

Is the venue cashless ?

Enjoy the gig tonight, looking forward to tomorrow night

• Registered Users Posts: 10,280 ✭✭✭✭greenspurs

• Registered Users, Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 6,515 Mod ✭✭✭✭sharkman

PEDESTRIANS WILL ONLY BE PERMITTED INTO THE GROUNDS OF MALAHIDE CASTLE VIA HOGANS GATE (NEAR

DART STATION). PEDESTRIANS WILL NOT BE PERMITTED TO ENTER THROUGH ANY OTHER PARK GATES.

VEHICLES WILL ONLY BE PERMITTED THROUGH THE BACK ROAD ENTRANCE

• Registered Users Posts: 188 ✭✭glut22

Have a great night tonight whoever is going please update us with set times :-)

• Registered Users Posts: 12,380 ✭✭✭✭siblers

The bastards never played Bones!

They were excellent, Brandon is a superb front man, sound was very good for an outdoor concert and pretty good light show, although the sound was shite for Blossoms(who were pretty good) .

Venue and crowd were grand(loads of people on their phones, constant flow of people going to the front and back etc) , loads of space and easy enough to get near the front although I'd have loved had it been an indoor concert, outdoor in that sized venue will never be quite as good as indoor

No real issues getting in or out, massive crowd for the dart though but they said there were loads of services running

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 3,208 ✭✭✭overshoot

Getting in and out was a diaster despite what the above may say 2hrs getting out of the car park, my friends phone back from the dart considering doubling back towards us suggesting no better. (Edit in the end similar times to the Northside c2.5hrs after the gig ended) I've driven from countless GAA games where there would be bigger crowds and zero public transport, slane etc this was the biggest f up I've seen for organising. Pathetic by the supposed private company and whoever approved it in Fingal county council.... As if no previous records

Killers were good though, sound a bit iffy

Post edited by overshoot on

Bought a car park ticket from Marathon Coaches and drove the directions provided. Got to within 2KM of the Back Road gate and the remaining journey took 90 mins. Nobody checked for car parking tickets. We were all just hooshed in. On the way out a steward told us that they had something like 5 times the amount of cars they were supposed to have.

We started walking for the Car Park during Brightside (10.45ish). Took 90 mins to get out and then had to drive back to Limerick.

Will never go to Malahide Castle for another gig.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,762 ✭✭✭10-10-20

Agreed. I had a Marathon ticket too - disaster getting in - and a bigger disaster getting the feck out again. Only one gate onto the Back Rd - who'da thunk it would be a problem? Like seriously.

Also, the staff at the exits were clueless and maybe I missed a sign (I was sober/driving!) - but they told us that the exit to the right of the stage (nearest Malahide village) lead back to the Marathon car-park, but it did no such thing. It cost us 35 mins of walking through Malahide village and then back up the Back Rd just to get back into the grounds. Feckers.

Killers were good, and I agree the sound was off where I was too. (the right of the pitch, near the sound tent)

But the queues for beer were moving at least and there seemed to be lots of staff around.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,365 ✭✭✭davywalsh7

Heading to the gig tonight and had decided to drive and booked the car park option but having second thoughts after seeing some of the stories here.

was hoping to try arrive there at around 7pm, did anyone have any issues/delays getting in at around this time last night?

• Registered Users Posts: 5,514 ✭✭✭bennyl10

To be fair, all the exits had LeD boards above them detailing where they went. Car park two were clearly marked

took us the best part of an hour to get out of the car park, but we’d landed at around 4.30 and were near the exit

Post edited by bennyl10 on

Going on my experience you will need to be with 2Km of the gate at about 5pm to 5.30pm to get in for around 7pm.

• Registered Users Posts: 39 dublingreen

Sounds like yet another gig shambles, can anyone who got the Dart home tell how it went? I'm considering going to the gig tonight.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,989 ✭✭✭steve_r

We left right after the encore, big crowd for the dart but we were only queuing for a few mins.

sorry to hear the people having problems with parking, sound like the venue really let you down

• Registered Users Posts: 183 ✭✭SimpleDimple

Seems like the trains moved ok? To be honest you’ll always be queuing if you drive to and from any gig

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 101 ✭✭Deenie78

I live in Swords, so not a terribly long distance i know. The Malahide road is always busy anyway between 5-6.30 so getting dropped off was a bit tricky as the roads were really backed up with all the cars queuing to get into the car park. We ended up walking a good bit of the way. Same getting home, not a taxi to be had for ages, a few stopped but refused to take us when they heard where we were going (ie not far!). Eventually we got a sound one who took us, got home at around 12.30pm.

Pals going further afield got the DART and though they said it was "sardine-like" they didn't have to wait too long to get on one. Same pals also said they didn't think the sound was great. I didn't notice, they put on a great show and had a good mixed setlist. Thought the crowd were a bit sedate, though that could have just been because we were very giddy and excited!!

Advertisement