Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Infideals 20% Discount for Boardsie's

2»

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,060 ✭✭✭Doge

EnterNow wrote: »
    Just bumping this, the code is still valid incase anyone is doing the shopping rounds :)

I'd be interested in making a few purchases if you'd be so kind so shoot the code my way!

The lack of a vectrex in my collection may not make me cool enough though. :(

Need to get me some street cred!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 33,733 ✭✭✭✭Myrddin

waveform wrote: »
    I'd be interested in making a few purchases if you'd be so kind so shoot the code my way!

The lack of a vectrex in my collection may not make me cool enough though. :(

Need to get me some street cred!

A&R Streetcred does NOT come cheap. You'll need at least one of the following to be just considered human:

An Arcade Cab
    An NES
    A Vectrex
    A Virtual Boy
    The Tower
    A Super Rare Shmup
    A Goatie

Pm me for the code :)

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 34,633 CMod ✭✭✭✭CiDeRmAn

An Arcade Cab, no!!!! curses!!! Does my MVS, G-Net and superguns count???
    An NES, check
    A Vectrex, check
    A Virtual Boy, check
    The Tower, check
    A Super Rare Shmup, well it's not a shooter but I do have Rule of Rose, a PAL copy.... that's pretty rare, super in fact...

CiDeRmAn wrote: »
    An Arcade Cab, no!!!! curses!!! Does my MVS, G-Net and superguns count???
    An NES, check
    A Vectrex, check
    A Virtual Boy, check
    The Tower, check
    A Super Rare Shmup, well it's not a shooter but I do have Rule of Rose, a PAL copy.... that's pretty rare, super in fact...

The supergun & gnet stuff counts I guess? Rule Of Rose? I guess it counts if its super-rare.

/nerdville

Infideals have a link for an arcade-room at the bottom which is under construction. I wonder what it is? Pcb heaven? Or one of those pages with loads of flash-based arcade ports? Time shall tell

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 5,391 Mod ✭✭✭✭Optimus Prime

I think its flash games, it was working before, i got a bit excited clicked it and found a bunch of embedded flash games.

keithgeo wrote: »
    I think its flash games, it was working before, i got a bit excited clicked it and found a bunch of embedded flash games.

Bah :mad:

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,426 ✭✭✭Roar

can I have the code please? After hooking up my Megadrive with that wonderful RGB scart I need to start picking up more games... :)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 35,264 ✭✭✭✭o1s1n
    Master of the Universe

Roar wrote: »
    can I have the code please? After hooking up my Megadrive with that wonderful RGB scart I need to start picking up more games... :)

Glad to see another RGB scart convert by the way, if I hear another person say 'there's no difference between that and composite' I'll scream :pac:

(And then proceed to also tell them that means they don't have the cable in the correct TV socket!)

• Registered Users Posts: 258 ✭✭HeartOfTheCity

When I get my post count up and been around these parts a little longer, I look forward to making use of this bad boy. That site has some great stuff on it.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,426 ✭✭✭Roar

o1s1n wrote: »
    Glad to see another RGB scart convert by the way, if I hear another person say 'there's no difference between that and composite' I'll scream :pac:

(And then proceed to also tell them that means they don't have the cable in the correct TV socket!)

Indeed, the colours are so bright and vivid! fantastic

I got an email this morning from infideals@aol.co.uk which contained nothing other than a hotlink. The link leads to a trojan which Avast caught in time, so don't follow the link incase anyone else here gets that email.

Infideals use infideals@gmail.com but I've sent them a message just to clarify anyway. So, just a little heads up

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 10,497 Mod ✭✭✭✭Andrew76

I got an email this morning from infideals@aol.co.uk which contained nothing other than a hotlink. The link leads to a trojan which Avast caught in time, so don't follow the link incase anyone else here gets that email.

Infideals use infideals@gmail.com but I've sent them a message just to clarify anyway. So, just a little heads up

Aye Gmail threw it into Spam, deleted it asap. :)

Andrew76 wrote: »
    Aye Gmail threw it into Spam, deleted it asap. :)

I just found it a bit odd that a spammed virus infested email with an infideals header, was sent to infideals customers. I've email Chris anyway incase they've been breached.

Just confirming the address has indeed been hacked & Chris is locked out of infideals@aol.co.uk He's instructed us not to engage with any emails from that account.

The correct Infideals address is infideals@gmail.com & if your in any doubt I suppose just contact Chris via the website.

Few new bits in stock - http://infideals.net/news_76826.html

The postage prices are going up in May, due to a Royal Mail increase Chris tells me. I've seen a few Ebay sellers mention this too, I wonder how bad it will get?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,564 ✭✭✭✭OwaynOTT

Few new bits in stock - http://infideals.net/news_76826.html

The postage prices are going up in May, due to a Royal Mail increase Chris tells me. I've seen a few Ebay sellers mention this too, I wonder how bad it will get?

Ah nuts. Some of the postage from the UK is already ah...nuts!

OwaynOTT wrote: »
    Ah nuts. Some of the postage from the UK is already ah...nuts!

Indeed :o Oh for an Irish shop that bothers to sell online :rolleyes:

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 5,391 Mod ✭✭✭✭Optimus Prime

£45 for a boxed game gear not including postage! maybe that should be posted on the dreamer thread! :D

Fair bit added to the stock recently. I see a dirt cheap GG that just needs the cap kit

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,672 ✭✭✭tonydude

Just picked up the tape deck of the c64 :)

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1 infideals

Just like to thank all the customers I've gained due to this great forum, I will be continuing the 20% discount to the people eligible.

I have added numerous more items

Happy Retro buying & playing

Chris

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 35,264 ✭✭✭✭o1s1n
    Master of the Universe

infideals wrote: »
    Just like to thank all the customers I've gained due to this great forum, I will be continuing the 20% discount to the people eligible.

Chris

You are a class act, thanks man! :)

Sold my Meg 2 yesterday which left a Sonic 2 shaped hole in my collection. Infideals to the rescue, & a Road Rash 1 while I'm at it :cool:

Indeed :o Oh for an Irish shop that bothers to sell online :rolleyes:

The time has finally come it seems. ;)

The time has finally come it seems. ;)

It has? Surely RAGE can't offer products online what with the wildly fluctuating prices etc??

It has? Surely RAGE can't offer products online what with the wildly fluctuating prices etc??

It appears they are. Have a look at their fb page to see their rather basic "ordering system".

It appears they are. Have a look at their fb page to see their rather basic "ordering system".

I'm not on Facebook so can't, unless they fixed their not so public page to display for non users? Tbh I've no real interest, even with postage their prices arn't a patch on Infideals.

RAGE started selling games a few years ago now, & they went from being a nice affordable bricks n mortar option with keen prices, to a shop now that lists stuff as L@@K R@RE!!! type crap with high street prices. Lest they forget, it wasn't too long ago that their basement got flooded & they were on here looking for donations & free consoles to get going again!

For me they've missed the boat, no website, no way to order online {until now maybe}, no way to browse their stock online, ridiculous pricing etc etc. I'd rather shop elsewhere tbh, but its a crying shame because they could have done things so differently & still been successful too.

Here's their announcement piccy anyways:

377092_471730082846825_839759940_n.jpg

• Closed Accounts Posts: 743 ✭✭✭ahyeahok

@EnterNow Their page is viewable , just close the popup login window http://www.facebook.com/RageDublin

ahyeahok wrote: »
    @EnterNow Their page is viewable , just close the popup login window http://www.facebook.com/RageDublin

Ah I see, they've fixed it so it can be seen now. Seems at least an option now to buy online, if a little clunky, primitive & time consuming.

Where's the prices of the games?
    How much is p&p?
    Do they offer a combined shipping discounts?
    Do you have to browse their stock via photos?

Looks like effort to me, & to encourage consumers, you really should make it as easy as possible. As I said though, at least its something.

Perhaps a new thread for RAGE watching? So we don't pollute this fine Infideals thread :)

• Advertisement

Perhaps a new thread for RAGE watching? So we don't pollute this fine Infideals thread :)

Yeah I only posted in this thread because I saw your older comment about the prior situation!

/cut + paste

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 3,184 Mod ✭✭✭✭Dr Bob

infideals wrote: »

Chris
    cheers! , just picked up a C64 game I kept meaning to get for ages.

RAGE should be taking notes here, give a little get a lot ;)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,886 ✭✭✭Steve X2

Ah I see, they've fixed it so it can be seen now. Seems at least an option now to buy online, if a little clunky, primitive & time consuming.

Where's the prices of the games?
    How much is p&p?
    Do they offer a combined shipping discounts?
    Do you have to browse their stock via photos?

Looks like effort to me, & to encourage consumers, you really should make it as easy as possible. As I said though, at least its something.

You have to ask them the price via facebook pm, then they tell you the price, you reply if you're interested, they tell you ok, you ask how much is postage, they come back with postage, you reply back with ok, then they send you an invoice, then you pay, then they reply back that they received payment and the item will be posted.

Sure its simple as peas old chap :D

I'm sure the owner or someone who works in there will come on here in a rage after I say this, but they ******************* and need to shape up and get with it or they will always be seen as a complete joke. They were in great shape a year or so ago to really be "the place" for retro games in Dublin and Ireland but that time has come and gone.

Sorry mods, it just pisses me off to see such a good opportunity for something decent in Ireland wasted by wasters.

I meant to say, Chris emailed me a few days ago & told me he sorted out a better deal with Royal Mail which might allow him to make shipping to Ireland cheaper for the likes of consoles etc. Anyone wondering about it can email him via the site, just mention your from here he'll know what your talking about :)

• Registered Users Posts: 1,750 ✭✭✭ghostchant

Steve SI wrote: »
    I'm sure the owner or someone who works in there will come on here in a rage after I say this, but they ******************* and need to shape up and get with it or they will always be seen as a complete joke. They were in great shape a year or so ago to really be "the place" for retro games in Dublin and Ireland but that time has come and gone.

I don't know if the 'seen as a complete joke' part is accurate, at least not to people outside of this relatively small forum in comparison to the 7000 or so people subscribing to their FB page. There always seems to be a reasonable amount of people in there, plenty of which are looking at the games section (perhaps it's important not to forget that music is their main area of expertise)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 16,096 ✭✭✭✭the groutch

I notice they've started opening on Mondays, about time.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 894 ✭✭✭Dale Parish

TBF they're a business and a business is going to make as much as it can. Plenty of room for competition though, which may bring their prices back into line.

TBF they're a business and a business is going to make as much as it can

I think what we're saying though, is that its far from making as much as it can. Seems to be a half arsed lazy model at best, what kind of business doesn't even have a website in this day & age.

An ordering system that is about as primitive as you can get, run through a social media site.

Though it looks like we're giving out about RAGE being bad, it is in fact frustration that such a resource like they have is going untapped. In buisness I'm a firm believer in "Spend a little, make a lot"...but they're either inept, or the management won't even pay for a simple website & stock/ordering system that half the users here could design in their sleep

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Category Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 51,863 CMod ✭✭✭✭Retr0gamer

Also for a business losing customers by banning them isn't a good idea, not that I couldn't get what they are selling for cheaper online anyway.

Bit of a bump, but I see there's been a bit of a store update - http://www.infideals.net/

Advertisement