Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Anyone know why IWO isn't being updated?

Options
2»

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 15,944 ✭✭✭✭Villain

I don't see why it should be closed its a civil conversation about a weather site?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,186 ✭✭✭Kippure

Villain wrote: »
    I don't see why it should be closed its a civil conversation about a weather site?

Maybe you,s could PM each other about it? :)...

• Registered Users Posts: 15,944 ✭✭✭✭Villain

Well it's obvious other people have an interest in it i.e. I didn't start the topic and based on previous PM's I wouldn't be sure I would believe what I was told.

• Registered Users Posts: 12,778 ✭✭✭✭ninebeanrows

I have no involvement in this but i do feel the thread should remain open. If people have put time and effort and provided free data to the site they should be let know what is happening as should all the other users of the site out of pure courtesy.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,279 ✭✭✭Su Campu

The people who have put time and effort into the site have been let know what is happening. For everyone else, there are reasons why these details must remain confidential.

That's it. There's no big conspiracy. Nobody, including other boards members, has been exploited, and the mere mention of such is a serious insinuation. This thread has become more than weather related, and for that reason I am closing it.

• Advertisement

I have re opened this thread as posting on the matter has disrupted discussion in other threads.

Thanks

• Registered Users Posts: 5,495 ✭✭✭bb1234567

so nobodys really said..so is iwo just done or will it be back sometime soon.What sort of timeframe,days,weeks,months? I miss it !Was great for daily forecasts!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,234 ✭✭✭thetonynator

bb1234567 wrote: »
    so nobodys really said..so is iwo just done or will it be back sometime soon.What sort of timeframe,days,weeks,months? I miss it !Was great for daily forecasts!

If it's sold, as said here, I doubt someone paid money to let the site died.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,325 ✭✭✭naughto

if it is sold well thats fair enough but why not take it off line instead of leaving it outdated which looks very unprofessional if uask me.
    just read the rest of this thread seeing that no money has being made of it why all the google advertising?? i am part of a site that has google advertising on it and it pays the server and hosting costs no bother,iwo would be geting a lot more visitors than or site so money would be made from people clicking on the ads.

• Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators Posts: 7,146 Mod ✭✭✭✭pistolpetes11

naughto wrote: »
    if it is sold well thats fair enough but why not take it off line instead of leaving it outdated which looks very unprofessional if uask me.
    just read the rest of this thread seeing that no money has being made of it why all the google advertising?? i am part of a site that has google advertising on it and it pays the server and hosting costs no bother,iwo would be geting a lot more visitors than or site so money would be made from people clicking on the ads.

I have never ever in my life clicked on a google ad when on a site , im interested in reading bout the weather when im on IWO not buying something.
    Hopefully it will be up and running again somewhat for the winter rush.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 7,325 ✭✭✭naughto

I have never ever in my life clicked on a google ad when on a site , im interested in reading bout the weather when im on IWO not buying something.
    Hopefully it will be up and running again somewhat for the winter rush.
    not even by mistake when u when to click on say the daily up date from Mt iam sure u have all these add up.i hope its back up and running again as its a very good site

• Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators Posts: 7,146 Mod ✭✭✭✭pistolpetes11

naughto wrote: »
    not even by mistake when u when to click on say the daily up date from Mt iam sure u have all these add up.i hope its back up and running again as its a very good site

Might just be me , but im usually careful as i hate the pop up ads when you click on them ,

Read MT's forecasts on here or FB ,

I am sure something will be sorted and up and running sooner rather than later, well i hope so

• Registered Users Posts: 1,218 ✭✭✭dexter647

I have re opened this thread as posting on the matter has disrupted discussion in other threads.

Thanks

Have to disagree weathercheck this thread really didn't need to be reopened... It has only imo encouraged bitching among various posters for reasons beyond me.... I love this forum when we talk about weather and not for when we engage in personal vendetta's

Right.

Closing this one again.

Any comments or questions send them to the IWO via their website.

Please don't bring up IWO in any other threads please.

Thanks alot for your understanding.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement