Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

FPL Wildcard Thread 2020/2021

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,303 ✭✭✭Mike Ehrmantraut

FHFC wrote: »
    4.5/4.0 keepers TBC (May stretch to a 5m keeper if funds permit)
    Coleman, Saiss, Lamptey, Justin (or maybe KWP), 4.0
    Salah, KDB, Son, Prodence, Burke
    Werner, Jiminez, DCL

1m in bank at that assuming Werner eventually drops in price.

No Liverpool defence teams look great till you realise they have no Liverpool defence. :o

But if Coleman or Saiss (with those superb fixtures) can get a 6 or 7 pointer when Trent gets his 15 it's a matter of what the 2.5m for you elsewhere. Gonna gamble without most likely. Its 2 transfers to revert.

KWP - I know Southampton have been awful but they surely have to tighten up a bit. And kwp rotates quite well with Lamptey and has looked to have good assist potential so far. Justin has looked good but still could be dropped when Pereira returns. James at 5.0 also remains a gametime risk I think.

Dont know if this Burke fella is worth the risk. He played OOP but is he in any way nailed? Especially if and when SHU sign a striker. Bissouma is the best 4.5 mid otherwise I think and may go with him despite the suspension.

Jiminez is pricey for not being explosive in the past, but with those fixtures perhaps his ceiling is higher and even captainable.

Werner I want and will probably captain against WBA but needs to justify his spot pretty quick after that. Can be swapped to a lot of options especially with 1m in bank.

Cant see what to spend the 1m on right now. It doesnt change a 5m def to a liverpool def. It doesnt change a Podence to a Hamez, and I dont think spending it on say Klitch as a 5th mid is worth it. And I dont see many of the 5m keepers worth 0.5 more than the 4.5 options.
    Rather keep it for flexibility for now.

That's my current thinking. Feedback welcomed.

Any ideas what 4.5 keeper you’d pick? Currently on Ryan and Martinez but none of the 4.5 options fill me with confidence.

I’m going to keep one Liverpool defender, think it’s understandable going without one at the moment but feel like in a few weeks time I’d probably be wanting to transfer one of them in.

If your sticking with a 4.5 midfielder, I’d probably pick Bissouma over Burke, but that’s purely based on knowing very little about Burke or his chances of being nailed on to start games.

Other than that, there’s not much I’d change, maybe Podence to Klich, you already have Wolves cover with Jimenez, and Klich is in an attack minded team and on penalties.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,274 ✭✭✭✭FHFC

Any ideas what 4.5 keeper you’d pick? Currently on Ryan and Martinez but none of the 4.5 options fill me with confidence.

I’m going to keep one Liverpool defender, think it’s understandable going without one at the moment but feel like in a few weeks time I’d probably be wanting to transfer one of them in.

If your sticking with a 4.5 midfielder, I’d probably pick Bissouma over Burke, but that’s purely based on knowing very little about Burke or his chances of being nailed on to start games.

Other than that, there’s not much I’d change, maybe Podence to Klich, you already have Wolves cover with Jimenez, and Klich is in an attack minded team and on penalties.

No idea really on keepers. As far as I can see all the 4.5 and 5.0 ones are all fairly equally poor. Leno maybe worth stretching to 5 if the fixtures weren't so awful, but maybe see it as a long term investment set and forget till next wildcard and take the bumpy fixtures now for reward later on? Brighton looked ok defensively so could go for the double up with Lamptey in the end either.

Podence is my pet project :) so I'm happy to double up on wolves attack for those fixtures. It would possibly be Jimenez I'd move on eventually.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 19,778 ✭✭✭✭Ace2007

No idea really on keepers. As far as I can see all the 4.5 and 5.0 ones are all fairly equally poor. Leno maybe worth stretching to 5 if the fixtures weren't so awful, but maybe see it as a long term investment set and forget. Brighton looked ok defensively so could go for the double up with Lamptey in the end.

If stretching to 5m - i think Guaita for Palace is worth a shout - seem to have long stretch of nice games

Ace2007 wrote: »
    If stretching to 5m - i think Guaita for Palace is worth a shout - seem to have long stretch of nice games

Yeah he'd be next one I'd consider at that price. Just not sure if I fancy him as a long term set and forget.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,724 ✭✭✭eoghan104

I am fairly set on the below but have 2 options wrecking my head.

Martinez - Steer

Lamptey - Ferguson - Saiss - Taylor

Podence - Salah - KDB - Son - JamesR

Jimi - Ricky

For the last 2 spots I am toying with

Justin/Mitro
    or
    Robbo/Brewster

2nd option would mean stuck with 3-5-2 every week which is no bad thing but option 1 seems to give me more flexibility.

Any thoughts?

• Registered Users Posts: 223 ✭✭Dazzler0911

What we think of this WC? 0.1m left in the bank.

Guaita

TAA Saiss Castagne

Mane KDB Son Klich Podence

DCL Jimi

Subs: Nyland, Lamptey, Mitchell, Brewster

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 635 ✭✭✭Gus Ivey

eoghan104 wrote: »
    I am fairly set on the below but have 2 options wrecking my head.

Martinez - Steer

Lamptey - Ferguson - Saiss - Taylor

Podence - Salah - KDB - Son - JamesR

Jimi - Ricky

For the last 2 spots I am toying with

Justin/Mitro
    or
    Robbo/Brewster

2nd option would mean stuck with 3-5-2 every week which is no bad thing but option 1 seems to give me more flexibility.

Any thoughts?

Personally I would go with Robbo/Brewster. Your team will pick itself rather than trying to decide what midfielder/striker to bench each week.

Plus, always nice to have at least one Liverpool defender.

And, Brewster may leave to Palace or Sheff Utd before the window closes.

• Registered Users Posts: 304 ✭✭The Guru 123

Question I know gets asked every year but just to clarify. I have already used my transfers this week and taken -4. But I'm now thinking maybe I should just wildcard. If I wildcard now is the -4 gone? Or is it already there even if I do wildcard this week?

• Registered Users Posts: 5,708 ✭✭✭dr.kenneth noisewater

Question I know gets asked every year but just to clarify. I have already used my transfers this week and taken -4. But I'm now thinking maybe I should just wildcard. If I wildcard now is the -4 gone? Or is it already there even if I do wildcard this week?

The -4 is cancelled if you play your WC

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,428 ✭✭✭Shedite27

What we think of this WC? 0.1m left in the bank.

Guaita

TAA Saiss Castagne

Mane KDB Son Klich Podence

DCL Jimi

Subs: Nyland, Lamptey, Mitchell, Brewster
    Very nice

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,433 ✭✭✭✭Green&Red

Green&Red wrote: »
    A team without any TAA or Robbo looks lovely

Ryan/Steele

Konsa/Holding/Marcel/James/Taylor

Son/KDB/Salah/Podence/Burke

DCL/Jimi/Jesus
    4.5/4.0 keepers TBC (May stretch to a 5m keeper if funds permit)
    Coleman, Saiss, Lamptey, Justin (or maybe KWP), 4.0
    Salah, KDB, Son, Prodence, Burke
    Werner, Jiminez, DCL

1m in bank at that assuming Werner eventually drops in price.

No Liverpool defence teams look great till you realise they have no Liverpool defence. :o

But if Coleman or Saiss (with those superb fixtures) can get a 6 or 7 pointer when Trent gets his 15 it's a matter of what the 2.5m for you elsewhere. Gonna gamble without most likely. Its 2 transfers to revert.

KWP - I know Southampton have been awful but they surely have to tighten up a bit. And kwp rotates quite well with Lamptey and has looked to have good assist potential so far. Justin has looked good but still could be dropped when Pereira returns. James at 5.0 also remains a gametime risk I think.

Dont know if this Burke fella is worth the risk. He played OOP but is he in any way nailed? Especially if and when SHU sign a striker. Bissouma is the best 4.5 mid otherwise I think and may go with him despite the suspension.

Jiminez is pricey for not being explosive in the past, but with those fixtures perhaps his ceiling is higher and even captainable.

Werner I want and will probably captain against WBA but needs to justify his spot pretty quick after that. Can be swapped to a lot of options especially with 1m in bank.

Cant see what to spend the 1m on right now. It doesnt change a 5m def to a liverpool def. It doesnt change a Podence to a Hamez, and I dont think spending it on say Klitch as a 5th mid is worth it. And I dont see many of the 5m keepers worth 0.5 more than the 4.5 options.
    Rather keep it for flexibility for now.

That's my current thinking. Feedback welcomed.

giphy.gif?cid=4d1e4f299a47n7eegtvbzipztju0opjhu14an55rziu5h0tz&rid=giphy.gif

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,651 ✭✭✭greedygoblin

Had 2 FTs heading into this GW. Originally intended to make 3 or 4 transfers for a -8 maximum. Out went Auba, JWP & Ings. In arrived KdB, Klich & Richarlison. All well and good. Decided to do a bit more tinkering & now find myself on -52!!!
    tumblr_mv5czthjF11rwmqqho5_500.gif

I suppose I better use that chip now before the deadline? :pac:

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 16,039 ✭✭✭✭Fitz*

Holding starts tonight for Arsenal and Luiz is back now too, so that will probably reduce his game time further in the league. There are other good 4.5 options out there and I have too much money invested in Bavies.

I'm not happy with my 4.5 striker, or midfielders, even if I have got good returns from them so far.

Goalkeepers are just the wrong options.

Edging closer to that wildcard button.

Anything to be said for doubling on City with Sterling and KDB for next 4 games or so, instead of Salah.

Sterling a serious differential and could outscored Mo in the next 4 games. Maybe one of the next 4 where Mo would be overwhelming captain choice

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 33,548 ✭✭✭✭CSF

Anything to be said for doubling on City with Sterling and KDB for next 4 games or so, instead of Salah.

Sterling a serious differential and could outscored Mo in the next 4 games. Maybe one of the next 4 where Mo would be overwhelming captain choice

It’s not the worst idea, but I’d be edging towards Salah in that duel. When you add the fact that it’s easier to captain Salah than Sterling (if you already have De Bruyne) that’s another factor too.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,115 ✭✭✭eggy81

Will greenwood get a run of games from now fo we think.

eggy81 wrote: »
    Will greenwood get a run of games from now fo we think.

YEs, United were aful without him against Palace

• Registered Users Posts: 4,304 ✭✭✭munster87

Anyone else worried about Podence rotation now that they have signed Semedo and Douglas Costa rumours too?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,399 ✭✭✭✭ThunbergsAreGo

Draft 2

Martinez/Steer

Robertson, James, Saiss, Mitchell, Lamptey

Podence, KDB, Son, James R, Angiussa

Werner, Jesus, Jiminez

Worried its a bit too heavy up top, but great fixtures for all in the next while and all should start, and an easy swap after these games to a 6M with an upgrade to Anguissa (to Foden) or James to TAA or Podence to Greenwood

My mantra on this WC was to attack, and this does just that - only issue might be the lack of pen takers

munster87 wrote: »
    Anyone else worried about Podence rotation now that they have signed Semedo and Douglas Costa rumours too?

Yes - major worries, but Klich etc provide a jumping off point if it all goes wrong.

• Advertisement

I’m considering that. Also considering Werner for this week only and then move him onto Jesus

Fitz* wrote: »
    Holding starts tonight for Arsenal and Luiz is back now too, so that will probably reduce his game time further in the league. There are other good 4.5 options out there and I have too much money invested in Bavies.

I'm not happy with my 4.5 striker, or midfielders, even if I have got good returns from them so far.

Goalkeepers are just the wrong options.

Edging closer to that wildcard button.

What makes you think Holding will lose game time?

Current draft.

Ryan, miazek
    Ake, Saiss, vvd, Justin, dunne

Jamrod, Zaha, Kdb,son klich

Kane, werner brewster.

Thoughts. Still have .3 in the bank. Tempted by greenwood instead of son or Jamrod

Current draft.

Ryan, miazek

Kane, werner brewster.

Thoughts. Still have .3 in the bank. Tempted by greenwood instead of son or Jamrod

I worry about Dunne, Ake and Justins gametime in a few weeks

Abrahams performance tonight worrying any WC Werner owners?

Current draft.

Ryan, miazek

Kane, werner brewster.

You're basically going without any Liverpool attackers.

Could you downgrade Ake, switch Werner for Jimi and then try move up one of your mids to Mane perhaps? 3 higher priced mids there, so take your pick.

CSF wrote: »
    It’s not the worst idea, but I’d be edging towards Salah in that duel. When you add the fact that it’s easier to captain Salah than Sterling (if you already have De Bruyne) that’s another factor too.

It's a bit of a hail mary pass yeah, and it's a bit early for those yet. Reacting to a desperate week last week looking for a quick differential fix.

It's a bit of a hail mary pass yeah, and it's a bit early for those yet. Reacting to a desperate week last week looking for a quick differential fix.

I can't see a game in the next 6 id be going Salah over KDB as captain

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,483 ✭✭✭macraignil

Abrahams performance tonight worrying any WC Werner owners?

I don't have Werner in the team currently with the fear of a price drop but most drafts of the wildcard team have him in as captain for the game against WBA. I did not see the Chelsea Liverpool game last game week but the premier league site has Werner on the left of a front three with Havertz in the middle. I'm more worried by the Havertz hat trick and might have to go for a new wildcard team draft with him in instead of Werner.

• Registered Users Posts: 67 ✭✭Beef or Salmon

Have you seen Havertz in the 2 Prem games? Not good.

• Advertisement

macraignil wrote: »
    I don't have Werner in the team currently with the fear of a price drop but most drafts of the wildcard team have him in as captain for the game against WBA. I did not see the Chelsea Liverpool game last game week but the premier league site has Werner on the left of a front three with Havertz in the middle. I'm more worried by the Havertz hat trick and might have to go for a new wildcard team draft with him in instead of Werner.

Yeah this season is messing my head, the Havertz drop was the primary reason I wildcarded and now I might put him back in.....

This game...

Easiest is to avoid Chelsea but West Brom are awful

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 33,548 ✭✭✭✭CSF

I can't see a game in the next 6 id be going Salah over KDB as captain

Gameweek 7 against West Ham. Salah at home would be a lock for captain if you had him. I’d probably go for him at home to Sheff United soon too given his home record and Sheff United not looking quite as impenetrable.

If you are on wildcard, just take out Werner tonight, and just replace him with someone who is not near a drop. You can bring him in tomorrow again, possibly for cheaper.

I worry about Dunne, Ake and Justins gametime in a few weeks

Whose going to take Ake's spot - they went out and bought him because they needed a central defender and he cost £41m.

Yeah this season is messing my head, the Havertz drop was the primary reason I wildcarded and now I might put him back in.....

This game...

Easiest is to avoid Chelsea but West Brom are awful

Just how bad are West Brom?

Yes they conceded 5 the last day, but there were down to 10 men for 3 of those goals. In the first game of the season, Leicester scored two penalties.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 21,333 ✭✭✭✭PARlance

Ace2007 wrote: »
    Whose going to take Ake's spot - they went out and bought him because they needed a central defender and he cost £41m.

Wouldn't be the first defender City bought for big money who lost his place in fairness

PARlance wrote: »
    Wouldn't be the first defender City bought for big money who lost his place in fairness

While that is true, he's only just joined and all reviews where that he did good.

Look at the list of central defenders that they have

John Stones - liability when he plays
    Garcia - won't sign a new contact so can't see him playing much
    Otamendi - usually on bench - says a lot when Stones plays ahead of you

I don't think it's fair to say that his place could be gone in a few weeks in the same way Dunne might lose his spot.

• Registered Users Posts: 68 ✭✭BoysNoize

Martinez (Steer)
    Robertson James Saiss (Dunne, Mitchell)
    KDB Salah James Podence (Burke)
    DCL Werner Jimi

My main consideration is trying to squeeze Son in, would need to remove DCL and Robertson probably.

Any thoughts? Thanks!

Do any of ye trust that kane will hit form having to deal with jose ball. Is he risky. Must fancy himself against Newcastle given their start.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,483 ✭✭✭macraignil

BoysNoize wrote: »
    Martinez (Steer)
    Robertson James Saiss (Dunne, Mitchell)
    KDB Salah James Podence (Burke)
    DCL Werner Jimi

My main consideration is trying to squeeze Son in, would need to remove DCL and Robertson probably.

Any thoughts? Thanks!

Looks good to me.

Bench might not be the strongest and there is a danger all of them could loose their starting positions in my opinion.

I was all set for bringing in Werner but after the EFL cup result I'm not sure he will be played as centre forward so might go with someone else in my own team.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,976 ✭✭✭Trimm Trabb

Martinez

TAA
    Robbo
    Saiss

Salah
    KDB
    Son
    J-Rod
    Podence

Jiminez
    Mitro

0.4 away from this team with fodder bench.. who to downgrade?

Was thinking Salah to Sterling for next 3 gameweeks and can review who to downgrade when I'm getting Mo back in GW6?

• Registered Users Posts: 3,173 ✭✭✭Dearg81

Martinez

TAA
    Robbo
    Saiss

Salah
    KDB
    Son
    J-Rod
    Podence

Jiminez
    Mitro

Was thinking Salah to Sterling for next 3 gameweeks and can review who to downgrade when I'm getting Mo back in GW6?

Salah to Sterling for 3 weeks looks like a good idea. He has the better fixtures. Very strong team there, no weak spots.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,911 ✭✭✭tailgunner

Jiménez to Richarlison maybe?

tailgunner wrote: »
    Jiménez to Richarlison maybe?

This is a bad idea

Martinez

TAA
    Robbo
    Saiss

Salah
    KDB
    Son
    J-Rod
    Podence

Jiminez
    Mitro

Saiss to Vinny or Mitro to Bamford
    J-Rod to Grealish, Barnes, Zaha

• Advertisement

Narrowed down to two options

Martinez/Nyland
    Robbo/Holding/Lamptey/Taylor/James
    Grealish/KDB/Salah/Podence/Burke
    DCL/Werner/Jimi

Martinez/Nyland
    Saiss/Holding/Lamptey/Taylor/James
    DCL/Werner/Jimi

Werner will turn into Jesus after this week

• Registered Users Posts: 6,083 ✭✭✭Chesty08

Dearg81 wrote: »
    Salah to Sterling for 3 weeks looks like a good idea. He has the better fixtures. Very strong team there, no weak spots.

J-Rod to Foden
    Mitro to DCL

• Registered Users Posts: 3,173 ✭✭✭Dearg81

Martinez/Nyland
    DCL/Werner/Jimi

Martinez/Nyland
    DCL/Werner/Jimi

That 2nd team is my current team except I have sterling for Salah and 1 different defender for holding who I can't decide on for 5m.

Martinez/Nyland
    DCL/Werner/Jimi

Martinez/Nyland
    DCL/Werner/Jimi

If Werner scores 2/3 goals v wba are you really going to transfer him out for Jesus?

If you're basing your team on League Cup fixtures against lower league opposition...
    Yarmolenko got 2 goals and 2 assists Tuesday and Joelinton got 2 goals last night. Go rip up that wildcard :D

• Advertisement
Advertisement