Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

AEW - All Elite Wrestling (*Spoilers for Latest Show*)

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 60,886 ✭✭✭✭Agent Coulson

Major goings on in Mexico with RUSH and his father quiting AAA yesterday and it looks like Bandido has quit today.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 29,286 ✭✭✭✭CastorTroy

Seeing the new trailer for AEW Fight Forever reminded me Abadon is still there. I guess with no youtube shows, she gets less appearances.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 54,626 ✭✭✭✭Headshot

Think she's recovered as was looking her up and she has matches at non AEW shows.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,951 ✭✭✭Cherry_Cola

I have Abadon booked for our next show in over a week so not injured anyway. Looking forward to meeting them.

• Advertisement

Abadon broke her collarbone last November and only returned to the ring last month.

A bit off topic but just watching the Ubisoft Forward livestream and Athena is sitting front row.

• Moderators, Music Moderators Posts: 15,141 Mod ✭✭✭✭Furious-Red

BJ Whitmer has been fired from aew due to domestic abuse arrest.

• Moderators, Business & Finance Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 24,983 Mod ✭✭✭✭Loughc

AEW has fired Benjamin (BJ) Whitmer following his arrest on Sunday June 4 in Kentucky on domestic violence charges. Whitmer, 45, was a coach and producer for AEW and had been with the company since their inception in 2019.

-- According to court documents, Whitmer was charged with strangulation in the first degree and burglary in the second degree. Both charges are considered a Class C felony in Kentucky and carry a potential penalty of 5-10 years in prison. While no further details were known about the incidents that caused the arrest and charges, Whitmer was released on $25,000 bond on Monday afternoon. For AEW's part, once they became aware of the allegations, they carried out their own investigation which quickly led to his termination. They released the following statement yesterday:

"B.J. Whitmer has been terminated following his arrest on domestic violence charges. While talent and staff are ultimately responsible for their own personal actions, this behavior is intolerable within AEW. AEW has reached out to offer support to those impacted by his behavior."

It’s being reported that AEW have signed E.J Nduka this dude is a monster.

His contract with MLW has ended earlier this year.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 31,988 ✭✭✭✭~Rebel~

I've always wondered if it'd be worth having a belt specifically for the monsters. Say, a minimum 250lb limit. AEW have enough of those sorts that you could get a whole bunch of big meaty men slappin' meat week in week out, without needing to deal with the complexities of not giving the main belt to these huge one-note lads.

They've so many belts floating around, with the main one, the TNT one, and the All-Atlantic one... would be worth putting a stipulation like that onto one of them at least, so it feels more specific. TNT probably makes sense, since it's often enough the big dudes involved in it anyway. So you'd have the main one as the special occasion belt, the All-Atlantic as the hardworking all-comers belt, and the TNT as the meat monsters.

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 52,134 Mod ✭✭✭✭Necro

I've long thought a Super Heavyweight championship would be a great shout in both promotions. For the Vince McMahon in all of us 😂

Collision will air on Wednesday nights on ITV 4.

Jimmy Jacobs has left Impact and joined AEW as a producer.

A nice get for AEW he did a decent job on creative with both WWE & Impact.

WWE fired him when he was pictured with The Bullet Club.

SANADA throws out and open challenge for the IWGP title at Forbidden Door.

A heelish Jungle Boy took up the offer.

Post edited by Agent Coulson on

MJF vs Tanahashi announced for Forbidden Door.

MJF say no he won’t defend his title against some rando from a Japanese Indy fed and he will no show the event.

Collision card

Buddy Mathews vs Andrade

Luchassarus vs. Wardlow

Skye Blue & Willow vs. Toni Storm & Ruby Soho

Miro vs ?

Bullet Club Gold & Joe vs. CMFTR

Eddie Kingston returns and attacks two members of the BCC but not Mox

Ospreay shows up and takes out Omega

That was a good ending to an excellent show

Yea that was a great show from start to finish imo. MJF vs Cole was a banger and glad they did the draw to avoid either man losing, although I wonder where this leaves Cole for FF?

8 Man match wasn't bad, a bit clunky at times. So are we getting Shibata vs Garcia and Cassidy vs ZSJ at FF or will we get a fatal 4 way?

Yea they are def building up to a heel jungle boy which could be interesting and something new, it will be a good way to just be Jack Perry too.

Womens match was good, Skye Blue has improved a lot even though she is still a bit green but decent showing.

Main Event was class including the ending, They could have Takeshita cost Kenny the title at FF unless they plan on doing a rematch in Wembley.

The card for Collison looks stacked.

FF is also shaping up to be a banger of a PPV

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 87,504 ✭✭✭✭JP Liz V1

The start of Sting and Jericho bat wars 😁

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 38,887 ✭✭✭✭PTH2009

I'd love that match for All In

Amazing they never had a match against each other

They must be reading posts here. Though Abadon is a hell of a contrast to Riho. Would've been a good match for Dark since they're not appearing on tv for some reason.

I assume the OC/ZSJ match won't be a title match since I don't see them unifying the International and TV titles.

So BCC are still feuding with The Elite, with Takeshita involved, then Ospreay has the match at Forbidden Door. Why's Eddie there? I know he's had history with Cesaro and Mox but why involve himself with the current story.

And I can see why Jungle Boy would turn heel. He can never get a word in in interviews when Hook is around.

• Moderators, Business & Finance Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 24,983 Mod ✭✭✭✭Loughc

Grab your popcorn CM punk is at it again. Apparently he did an interview that is set to upset a lot of people in AEW.

Pro Wrestling Torch editor Wade Keller provided some details on the story this week.

"I am under the impression between now and Saturday, there’s going to be something that comes out that media wise that is not gonna help matters, probably," Keller stated. "I don’t mean to be cryptic but I haven’t heard the details or seen enough to say much but yea, I just don’t know. I just think it’s gonna be one of those weeks, I’ll put it that way… From what I’m hearing behind the scenes in AEW, it’s just gonna be one of those weeks."

According to Bryan Alvarez of F4WOnline.com, Punk's interview with ESPN will be a controversial one, and one that “will make a lot of people upset.”

We will keep you posted.

KENTA teasing...

Attack Punk at the end of Collision would be so great.

Hmmm, can "plans change" with an ESPN interview?

I remember seeing a video a couple weeks ago of all the obvious misses in the one episode. Though to be fair, the mat took some amount of punishment from Cena when he did the Five Knuckle Shuffle.

Best moment in AEW history.

Always goes to show how good Cena was good at the shoulder tackle.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,866 ✭✭✭hynesie08

Punching a man in the sternum when he's in full flex will cause him to drop whatever weight he has, and if orange aims for the face and Brian cage turns, stings getting whacked, spot makes complete sense and orange Cassidy is the smartest man in wrestling.

isn’t this always the case when the elite main event? They genuinely don’t seem like a draw to the casual viewer

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,968 ✭✭✭ebbsy

Omega/Ospreay has to be the main event for FD ?

The chances of this match overshadowing everything else are very high.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,190 ✭✭✭ThePott

The CM Punk - ESPN article is up.

Honestly, think Punk comes off pretty level headed here.

Here are what will most likely be picked up on by the outlets:

• Felt he had a good relationship with the Elite before including making sure he didn't do the same spots as Omega and checking up on Hangman when he had COVID.
    • Highlights that Hangman's 'workers rights' comment set him off as they hadn't agreed to it beforehand.
    • Reiterates that he had nothing to do with Cabana not being on TV.
    • Punk saying he was worried that Hangman might shoot on him and didn't rate their match as a result. Mentions that he gets chopped in the mouth by Page at one point and it chipped his tooth and he was unsure if it was intentional or not.
    • That he felt nothing was done by AEW to remedy the brewing tension between himself and the Elite and he had to take it into his own hands.
    • That he regrets his actions at the press conference and that it was the wrong way to handle it.
    • Has tried reaching out to the Bucks and Omega but anytime he has he's been contacted by lawyers although it is unclear whether this is at the request of their legal representation or a third party. No one contacted for the article responded.
    • Also states he's open to a powwow with everybody on it but that it hasn't happened yet and not due to lack of trying on his part.
    • Thinks the "brawl" (can't legally discuss it) but that it isn't that big a deal and happens in other sports but has been made clear to him that this will not be used for an angle of any sort.
    • Feels that his being out with injury following the drama has exacerbated things and blown things out of proportion.

That was a nothing interview with Punk,

The click sites got the clicks they wanted anyway form there OMG Punk has gone and done it again posts.

Her is the interiew none of them had actually read yesterday when they were posting about it.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 23,221 ✭✭✭✭J. Marston

Bland stuff. This irks me though...

Has tried reaching out to the Bucks and Omega but anytime he has he's been contacted by lawyers although it is unclear whether this is at the request of their legal representation or a third party. No one contacted for the article responded.

Also states he's open to a powwow with everybody on it but that it hasn't happened yet and not due to lack of trying on his part.

Making it seem like he's the magnanimous one. He's a prick of a person and they're under no obligation to have a sit down with him just so he can look good again.

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 42,602 Mod ✭✭✭✭Lord TSC

Having dealt with an abusive narcist growing up, that whole bit is massively familiar. 😂

I think Wade Keller deserves that cause he posted a vague comment about 'something hitting the media that won't help matters'.

Fightful just said that Punk was asked about Hangman, said he made it clear he didn't like Page and thought he was shooting on him. Which is all pretty accurate. There's some online (and I have no idea where the basis for this comes from) that AEW's legal team got some things removed. Not sure why you posted the interview after I had posted it already but I digress.

Personally, I'm half-sympathetic to Punk on this. He acted like a prick and he's a bit of a clown in general but when all is said and done what Hangman said was fairly unprofessional, it seems likely that the story of Cabana being fired cause of Punk was fed by the Elite to the media and Tony Khan and Talent Relations did nothing to defuse the situation even when it was clear there was tension between all involved. There was unprofessionalism from all involved but it seems only Punk is being scolded, obviously Punk has form for being a diva but all the same, nobody came of smelling like roses here.

Nice to see Kevin Kelly back on US TV.

Can I say what bloody brilliant Dynamite show and just reminds me why I love this promotion.

• Advertisement

I’d guess part of it though is only one side is continually mouthing off in the press, and one is taking a more dignified silence. If the Elite were constantly running their mouth, they’d probably be getting more flak too.

Punk probably does have legit grievances with the Elite lads, and I’m not saying they are angels. But from a pure professionalism point of view, you can only criticise them for the possibility they leaked stuff to Meltzer, and a one sided thought (from a less than reliable narrator) that Paige legit chopped him and dropped a line (probably in a heavily improv’d promo) that Punk didn’t like.

For me, and I say this as someone who is a fan of Punk as a wrestler, the lad just can’t seem to keep his mouth shut professionally. This interview does nothing but stir up **** again. If the Elite are staying quiet, refusing to comment and so on, he could do the same and do what’s best for the company. If no angle is going to come from this, this is just Punk putting himself ahead of AEW.

A normal person would move on, accept him and the Elite aren’t going to get on or work together, but there’s dozens of other wrestlers he can work with and create a positive environment with. Instead, he’s outright looking to cause trouble and tension.

Yeah that's fair.

I definitely do feel that the Elite are speaking through the media a lot though and if I was Punk in that situation I could imagine how frustrating it could be especially when management are doing nothing about it.

Not sure I believe the chop story so much but I do wonder about that improved line cause that's often been said to be the straw that broke the camel's back, I wasn't a fan of the line already though so maybe that's my own bias.

And you're right he probably should move on, I reckon he is desperately trying to change the narrative perhaps or maybe he knows that the situation that awaits him is unsustainable and hoping he can ease tension, although he's more likely trying to shift any blame.

The chop apparently in question. Like, he does hit him in the jaw, but I don’t think it’s a deliberate attempt to hurt punk. Think it was just a slip shot that was a bit high.

As far as the Cabana stuff, without hearing the other side of the story, it’s hard to judge for me. There’s part of me thinks the silence is a response; that the reason management don’t shut it down harder is because they don’t agree with his version of events. I don’t think he nessecarily said “you need to fire Cabana”, but I can certainly see a situation where Punk communicated he wouldn’t be able to work near or with Cabana, and Cabana got cut to avoid tension (in the same way Punk and the Elite are being kept separated, apparently, now). Punk holds grudges, and voices them publicly, but that doesn’t mean anyone else is obligated to respond publicly to defend him and his version of events.

It's a pretty ugly chop but agree, don't think it was intentional. Hangman has been accused of being stiff in the ring before (not intentionally) so maybe that could be part of the mscommunication.

As for the Cabana stuff, I think management more should have got involved regarding Hangman's comment. Had that been a.ddressed maybe things would have been nipped in the bud quickly. In general it seems like talent relations in AEW doesn't always act as quickly as they should. I could absolutely see a situation where Tony moved Colt as he figured there would be trouble as well. Not that he's used Colt in a meaningful way before or since anyway.

Samoa Joe with an interview in Sports Illustrated for Collision pretty much nails it.

The real drama is being committed by fans and click sites picking sides driving it on social media for various reasons.

Asked to share his perspective on the rivalry between Punk and The Elite’s Kenny Omega and The Young Bucks, Joe did not mince words, especially when asked whether their perceived problems stemmed from a generational gap.

“This isn’t a divide, it’s an argument between men,” says Joe. “All those dudes don’t represent the entire genre of their generation. They have their own issues and their own problems. I don’t think it’s that deep. They’re grown-ass men. They have disagreements, they can figure it out or not. That’s between them.”

Elton John's - Saturday Nights alright for fighting is the theme song for Collison. I might be shot for saying this but the Nickelback/Kid Rock version would be more suited for wrestling?

Absolutely adore it

Is the reported plan of a brand split still happening? Like all these guys fighting tonight won't be on the other shows again? Then I see the likes of Bryan and MJF in the intro which itself seems focussed on Punk, then the others that are on the first episode followed by glimpses of others from the company. At first I thought it was just a promo video for the first episode seeing who was in it.

That backstage bit between Kris and Taya was very awkward.

Aubrey leaving Daddy Briscoe hanging at the entrance.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,571 ✭✭✭savemejebus

No, Khan put the kibosh in a hard brand split in interviews during the week. It's a soft split to keep the various divas happy.

• Advertisement
Advertisement