Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Morning Ireland.

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 19,113 ✭✭✭✭Brendan Bendar

As I always say, it’s just as easy to pronounce it correctly!

Just another little thing I noticed on MI. Vinnie Kearney is now Northern Editor, Tommie must have officially quit.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,491 ✭✭✭Cole

Just another little thing I noticed on MI. Vinnie Kearney is now Northern Editor, Tommie must have officially quit.

But Samantha Libreri et al. are doing just that according to their own (Irish English) pronunciation.

Anyway, Tommie signed off on the 9 o'clock nooze last night.

Cole wrote: »
    But Samantha Libreri et al. are doing just that according to their own (Irish English) pronunciation.

Anyway, Tommie signed off on the 9 o'clock nooze last night.

Aaaah heeeeeyur. ..... ‘Nooze’ (Irish/English). :D

Pure laziness if you ask this poster.

Same as Ballsy, Hannon, every Roadwatch reporter, Dunphy, :D

Pure laziness, plain and simple.

Now better leave it at that as there is a thread on this specific isshu ;)

• Registered Users Posts: 806 ✭✭✭amlinopta

Tommie signed off on the TV News last night Bren

Apart from that on Samantha Libreri goin mad on the ‘Nooze, which annoys me intensely and the HSE tracer lady starting every, I say again, e v e r y, sentence with ‘So’.

A play date I think is an ‘official invitation’ to another child’s house to play, not a random meeting of children out on the green or on the road.

The voxpop was done by Aonghus Cox in SoCoDu whose mother Valerie never strayed too far from North Wicklow SoCoDu for similar reportage, before ‘taking the lump’

;)
    Valerie took the hump and then the lump back in 2018. €50k from the WRC, didn't want to disembark from the gravy train when she turned 65. Aonghus on board now. Interesting to hear Samantha sprung from the bench this morning as the Easter wind down gets underway. Gavan Jennings re-routed to This Week on Sundays as Morning Ireland seemingly favours an all-female line up these days

• Advertisement

amlinopta wrote: »
    Valerie took the hump and then the lump back in 2018. €50k from the WRC, didn't want to disembark from the gravy train when she turned 65. Aonghus on board now. Interesting to hear Samantha sprung from the bench this morning as the Easter wind down gets underway. Gavan Jennings re-routed to This Week on Sundays as Morning Ireland seemingly favours an all-female line up these days

Indeed amlin,that’s what happened, nice little earner, tip around North Wicklow and South Dublin, no major upset, at home for brekkie and tea and a nice lifestyle.

No wonder she ‘reared up’ when that bad boy was ‘took away’.

Libreri is mashing the ‘Nooze’ big time this morning.

Along with the Roadwatch reporter..... not a good day.

"bald men telling us that we can't get our hair cut"...good to see a professor of psychology really getting to the core reasons why (some) people are becoming lax with the restrictions:rolleyes:

Indeed amlin,that’s what happened, nice little earner, tip around North Wicklow and South Dublin, no major upset, at home for brekkie and tea and a nice lifestyle.

No wonder she ‘reared up’ when that bad boy was ‘took away’.
    It's been publicised in media reports of the time that at this time, her husband was in hospital after having suffered a brain seizure. They had been volunteering to run a food programme for refugees arriving in Greece from Syria when it happened, and it had been believed he would never walk or talk again and her husband spent a year and a half in hospital, then rehab.
    This is all beside the fact that it was RTE that was in the wrong while all of this was going on.

It doesn't belong in this thread, but deserves to be mentioned given all that has been said in the above posts.

It's been publicised in media reports of the time that at this time, her husband was in hospital after having suffered a brain seizure. They had been volunteering to run a food programme for refugees arriving in Greece from Syria when it happened, and it had been believed he would never walk or talk again and her husband spent a year and a half in hospital, then rehab.
    This is all beside the fact that it was RTE that was in the wrong while all of this was going on.

It doesn't belong in this thread, but deserves to be mentioned given all that has been said in the above posts.

I thought she had left RTE when that event happened .

Not that it matters, in the great scheme of things.

• Advertisement

I thought she had left RTE when that event happened .

Not that it matters, in the great scheme of things.
    No, she went on a casual contract and that was terminated when her husband was in a serious condition in hospital.

Not exactly a nice lifestyle with "no major upset", but evidently you knew that.

Paschal cutting Jennings out a new one.

Bout time someone did.

• Registered Users Posts: 26,934 ✭✭✭✭Dempo1

Gavin Jennings some plank, very pointed attack on FG re it's past policy on children's shoe's, quite disgraceful. I'm no fan of Pascal but that was a pretty shocking innuendo "I'm aware of your parties past history", presumably referring to VAT increase on children's shoes, decades ago.

Is maith an scáthán súil charad.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,454 ✭✭✭RINO87

Oh ho! Paschal didn't like that one!!!!

RINO87 wrote: »
    Oh ho! Paschal didn't like that one!!!!

He's right, it was gutter journalism, shocking and Jennings should apologise

• Registered Users Posts: 582 ✭✭✭bureau2009

Dempo1 wrote: »
    Gavin Jennings some plank, very pointed attack on FG re it's past policy on children's shoe's, quite disgraceful. I'm no fan of Pascal but that was a pretty shocking innuendo "I'm aware of your parties past history", presumably referring to VAT increase on children's shoes, decades ago.
    I'm no fan of Pascal but he sure put Gavin Jennings in his place! Brilliant radio !

• Registered Users Posts: 1,451 ✭✭✭KildareP

Don't think Jennings quite got the one-up he was hoping for there.

Paschal certainly didn't let it pass anyway, despite Jennings trying to quickly move it along.

KildareP wrote: »
    Don't think Jennings quite got the one-up he was hoping for there.

Paschal certainly didn't let it pass anyway, despite Jennings trying to quickly move it along.

I've long believed Jennings an arrogant G**, he strives to stir up contributors with irrelevant points, trys to score points and generally fails.

Pascal being the gentleman he seems to be perhaps should have asked Jennings why he didn't step up to the plate during the pandemic, re register with the medical Council and assist in hospitals as a medical doctor, instead he worked remotely, 2/3 mornings a week.

He's right, it was gutter journalism, shocking and Jennings should apologise

He did apologise.....

He did apologise.....

If he did, good, had to pull away from program, this said, astonishing point to raise by a journalist employed by a national broadcaster, petty, childish actually quite pointed and personal, so much for objectivity.

• Advertisement

If he did, good, had to pull away from program, this said, astonishing point to raise by a journalist employed by a national broadcaster, petty, childish actually quite pointed and personal, so much for objectivity.

It was a bit ‘muttered’ in fairness.

Gavin tried it with the wrong guy......

It was a bit ‘muttered’ in fairness.

Gavin tried it with the wrong guy......

Pascal's response wasn't and I suspect jennings got an ear bashing from the program editor

I missed the Paschal v Jennings dust up, but I listened to him on with Pat on NT later and, as usual, an impressive media performance. I can only imagine the smack down Jennings got...must listen back.

Cole wrote: »
    I missed the Paschal v Jennings dust up, but I listened to him on with Pat on NT later and, as usual, an impressive media performance. I can only imagine the smack down Jennings got...must listen back.
    don't get your hopes up.

Jennings referenced a paediatrician saying that the inability for some people to get children's shoes is now a medical issue. He described this issue as sensitive, and remarked that children's shoes was a sensitive political issue for FG. That's true — seemingly small issues like children's shoes can be political dynamite in a fraught political climate.

Anyway, Pascal answered it robustly but very calmly, which was necessary — any politician would. But the interview ended amicably without a dust-up.

Just on a different subject, I note there was some murmuring recently about an all-women line-up on Morning Ireland on a particular morning. All men today, and no word about it, only to point out that the men of Montrose aren't being put out on the side of the road after all.

don't get your hopes up.

Jennings referenced a paediatrician saying that the inability for some people to get children's shoes is now a medical issue. He described this issue as sensitive, and remarked that children's shoes was a sensitive political issue for FG. That's true — seemingly small issues like children's shoes can be political dynamite in a fraught political climate.

Anyway, Pascal answered it robustly but very calmly, which was necessary — any politician would. But the interview ended amicably without a dust-up.

Just on a different subject, I note there was some murmuring recently about an all-women line-up on Morning Ireland on a particular morning. All men today, and no word about it, only to point out that the men of Montrose aren't being put out on the side of the road after all.

Tyrant... I’m afraid he made a very insidious remark as reported by the boy Dempo.

Tyrant ,there is a huge difference in the way people say things but the way Dr. Jennings couched his remark even riled up Paschal, whom, I think is not easily stirred up.

Your ‘spin’ on it is nowhere what I heard,and the boy Dempo seems to corroborate it.

Only the challenged would suggest that men were being ‘put out on the side of the road’ on MI and quite frankly I feel we should ‘say the truth’ when it happens

And that would include the fact that the good Dr. overstepped the mark this morning, and got ripped a new one.

No big deal, shït happens, accept what happened ,and carry on.

Let’s not try to gild the lily..

I think Jennings' remark was a little bit on the nose, he didn't need to go and connect the dots for his listeners. That's all I'd say in the negative Brendan.

Paschal's reply was a firm, but measured, rebuttal. Jennings said he was sorry if the minister took it the wrong way and said it again, Paschal answered, and Jennings thanked him for taking the time out.

Jennings isn't the type to go on crusades, nor, I imagine, is he the timid sort. Doubt this gave him a second thought.

Paschal is a very impressive media performer. Always remains calm and measured, and is an excellent communicator. Should be a shoe-in as the next leader of FG.

I think Jennings' remark was a little bit on the nose, he didn't need to go and connect the dots for his listeners. That's all I'd say in the negative Brendan.

Paschal's reply was a firm, but measured, rebuttal. Jennings said he was sorry if the minister took it the wrong way and said it again, Paschal answered, and Jennings thanked him for taking the time out.

Jennings isn't the type to go on crusades, nor, I imagine, is he the timid sort. Doubt this gave him a second thought.

Correct Tyrant.... Jennings took a punt and got slapped up nice and proper.

Paschal ‘responded back’ :D very solidly and logically but let Jennings know he wasn’t too pleased with the remark.

Jennings did apologise , but I’d opine that he won’t throw a ‘googly’ like that at Paschal anytime soon.

He might leave that crack for some ‘Junor lad’ from the sticks next time round;)

Might get away with it ;)

don't get your hopes up.

I thought Pascal handled that children's shoes issue very well, petty of Jennings to be bringing up something from a budget nearly 40 years ago. On the split of the presenters, today was a rare event with Gavan Jennings and Justin McCarthy in tandem. The split over the first three months of this year has been 85% female 15% male

• Advertisement

Advertisement