Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Penney's

13»

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,686 ✭✭✭Day Lewin

I was in Penneys in Dundrum this morning at around 10a.m., and it was a scrum. Clumps of people at aisle intersections.

Quite a crowd, and not much crowd control: I fled.

I don't fancy admitting that I got my Covid at Penneys.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 20,958 ✭✭✭✭FixdePitchmark

Day Lewin wrote: »
    I was in Penneys in Dundrum this morning at around 10a.m., and it was a scrum. Clumps of people at aisle intersections.

Quite a crowd, and not much crowd control: I fled.

I don't fancy admitting that I got my Covid at Penneys.

Kinda mad that shops are not under an obligation to operate in a safe way ?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,806 ✭✭✭The J Stands for Jay

Neyite wrote: »
    You can shop in LostStock if you want to directly support Bangladeshi families who's employment was disrupted due to covid.

Just don't expect to get it in a hurry. Ordered in April/May, only just posted yesterday.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,986 ✭✭✭Buddy Bubs

Do male actually shop at penny's?

I went in once, about 5 years ago. Mary St or Henry St or wherever it is. Stuff thrown all over the floor. Was just looking to buy t shirts for holidays. It was the worst crap I'd ever picked up. Left empty handed. Kip. Told the girl I worked with that suggested Penneys to me the next day about the state of the place and the state of the crappy clothes.
    "They're not meant to last" was her response
    F that, if I buy something I want to have it this time 5 years not wear it once and bin it

• Registered Users Posts: 725 ✭✭✭Dual wheels

What a sh1t show in penny’s Liffey valley I went in to see what the craic was, late enough thinking it would be quiet, went over to the trousers section and there was a young one getting fingered, like what is wrong with people? Are they that hard up for a nightclub?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,992 ✭✭✭Korvanica

gourcuff wrote: »
    its interesting irish men wearing penneys gear would probably get slagged by their mates, for women its never an issue..

Sounds like you have **** mates.

• Registered Users Posts: 900 ✭✭✭3d4life

Buddy Bubs wrote: »
    ..... It was the worst crap I'd ever picked up. Left empty handed. Kip. Told the girl I worked with that suggested Penneys to me the next day about the state of the place and the state of the crappy clothes.
    "They're not meant to last" was her response.....

:confused:

I find their shirts & trousers are good for 2 - 3 years

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,480 ✭✭✭Blondini

What a sh1t show in penny’s Liffey valley I went in to see what the craic was, late enough thinking it would be quiet, went over to the trousers section and there was a young one getting fingered, like what is wrong with people? Are they that hard up for a nightclub?

Trousers are such bad quality that she just left them on for the fingering and it didn't take from the experience....

If they live with their parents, they've probably not had the chance to get fingered indoors at night since March. Wait till the pubs reopen....

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,476 ✭✭✭✭Ush1

I'm a bloke and get jeans from Penneys. Find them decent quality, I've had them for 2 years at this stage. Wouldn't bother going if there's ques or anything.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 16,507 ✭✭✭✭whisky_galore

Do male actually shop at penny's?

Panic bought a shirt once, only reason was I hadn't any clean shirts left in luggage. Poor enough quality material.
    Normally would never shop there.

And screw queues. For anything, anywhere.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 548 ✭✭✭JasonStatham

Never shop in Penny's. Dirt quality cheap ass stuff.

And screw queues.

Are they near the fingering queues?

• Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 25,947 Mod ✭✭✭✭Neyite

McGaggs wrote: »
    Just don't expect to get it in a hurry. Ordered in April/May, only just posted yesterday.

Yeah, I ordered them the end of March and got them in September. Two out of the three tops I'd wear, the other is going to charity.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 19,687 ✭✭✭✭Muahahaha

I could be wrong and - the customers are 50/50 male female ? , but most of above still applies to anyone in there.

Not a hope, in their flagship store on Mary St Id say about 85% of the retail space is dedicated to womens clothes, theyve even got a nail bar in there now
    Demonique wrote: »
    Is it just me or has the quality of Penneys clothes gone down in recent years? I went in to buy a blouse and the material on them were very flimsy. I also found the leggings pretty thin.

I only get socks and jocks in it and last time out the socks I got were so thin and see through I thought I was wearing womens black tights. Wont be buying them there again. Their mens ranges have shrank in recent years too, went looking for a belt earlier this year and all they had was a choice of about 10 of them. Theres probably 100+ in the womens section.

Advertisement