Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Penney's

Options
  • 01-12-2020 7:32am
    Registered Users Posts: 13,762 ✭✭✭✭

So what time is everyone heading in.
    I might go at midnight with a naggin. Haven't had a night out in ages😂😂

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 24,647 ✭✭✭✭punisher5112

See you there

• Registered Users Posts: 81,223 ✭✭✭✭biko

Wear a mask
    Keep your distance

• Registered Users Posts: 6,661 ✭✭✭Blitzkrieger

I'm seriously tempted to go at 3am for the experience. It's not an emergency but who couldn't use some new socks and jocks?

spook_cook wrote: »
    Throw clothes you don't want on the ground.

No just put them in the carry bags provided and walk out as pride as punch like Cash did.... Still shocked she got out with over €300 worth of gear out of penny's, thought you would need 7 kids in tow.....

• Registered Users Posts: 1,002 ✭✭✭gidget

Funnily enough got stopped while out walking the dog this morning by a woman I’d pass each day & on small greeting terms with. She said to me “Did you see the news?” I hadn’t at that point & first thoughts were had something big happened overnight or has someone died “Penny’s, big crowds outside it a 4.30 this morning, no social distancing & a lot not wearing masks”.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 295 ✭✭gourcuff

its interesting irish men wearing penneys gear would probably get slagged by their mates, for women its never an issue..

• Registered Users Posts: 1,224 ✭✭✭Kilboor

gourcuff wrote: »
    its interesting irish men wearing penneys gear would probably get slagged by their mates, for women its never an issue..

I think the idea of slagging someone for what they're wearing went out the window when lads started showing off their ankles wearing pants tight enough to kill off future offspring.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,858 ✭✭✭Church on Tuesday

That has never been the case.

• Registered Users Posts: 23,481 ✭✭✭✭Kermit.de.frog

Shouldn't "Pennys" be called "Cents"?

• Registered Users Posts: 13,762 ✭✭✭✭dubstarr

I'm seriously tempted to go at 3am for the experience. It's not an emergency but who couldn't use some new socks and jocks?

Its a date:D

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 295 ✭✭gourcuff

Really? its right here in this article, and plenty of anecdotal evidence... you can slag irish men about their clothes without being classist apparently....but not women..

https://www.her.ie/life/9-outfits-definitely-seen-men-wear-night-ireland-394545

• Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 14,944 Mod ✭✭✭✭AndyBoBandy

Thats because the clothes they do for women are brilliant. And brilliantly cheap.

My OH is of the foreign variety, and she loves Penney's. Gets loads of stuff there and it looks great on her. When her mother comes to visit, it's all about getting out to Penney's to load up on clothes..

For Lads, its jeans/trousers/t-shirts/shirts & jumpers.... and that's it. For the ladies, there's all kinds of everything..

If more of the stuff they sold would fit me, I'd probably be wearing it.... they do good t-shirts, and good tracksuit pants for lounging around the house in.

• Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 7,382 Mod ✭✭✭✭pleasant Co.

spook_cook wrote: »
    Tf did I just read?

> Simple, but effective. You know the type, the shirt collar just about visible above the top of the sweater. It looks good, but you don't want to overdo it, or you'll be known as jumper and shirt for the rest of your life.

Wah?

I know, sweater? who the fcuk says sweater in this country.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 2,907 ✭✭✭Stevieluvsye

I know, sweater? who the fcuk says sweater in this country.

I know of some people who call it that.

I was only having the trainers/runners debate last night actually.

Used to call them runners up until about 18, now they are trainers. Pretty sure runners is only an Irish thing. Brother in law is English and didn't know what the fcuk i was talking about when i told them what some people all runners

• Registered Users Posts: 85,144 ✭✭✭✭JP Liz V1

Kilboor wrote: »
    I think the idea of slagging someone for what they're wearing went out the window when lads started showing off their ankles wearing pants tight enough to kill off future offspring.

ROTFL

Really? its right here in this article, and plenty of anecdotal evidence... you can slag irish men about their clothes without being classist apparently....but not women..

https://www.her.ie/life/9-outfits-definitely-seen-men-wear-night-ireland-394545

I always found that if you have mates who slag off your clothes then you have to:

A. Tell them to **** off or shrug it off.

or

B. Find better friends.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,315 ✭✭✭Sam Hain

I always found that if you have mates who slag off your clothes then you have to:

or

B. Find better friends.

What are you on about, most lads for decades have slagged each other's clothes. Just sounds like you got the rough end of the stick and haven't properly recovered. That's twice I think you mentioned it now.

Sam Hain wrote: »
    What are you on about, most lads for decades have slagged each other's clothes. Just sounds like you got the rough end of the stick and haven't properly recovered. That's twice I think you mentioned it now.

Mentioned what?

• Registered Users Posts: 363 ✭✭Tig98

Some people getting way too excited about clothes, seen a good few Snapchat and Instagram stories today of people in there mooching around

Like, have ye anything to be doing? Don't see the appeal in shopping for the sake of it

Tig98 wrote: »
    Some people getting way too excited about clothes, seen a good few Snapchat and Instagram stories today of people in there mooching around

Like, have ye anything to be doing? Don't see the appeal in shopping for the sake of it

It's almost as if you can't shop online or something.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 4,950 ✭✭✭ChikiChiki

Tig98 wrote: »

Not for me but each to their own.

Personally I absolutely detest shopping either online or in real life. Went into Arnotts with a good budget a few months back to spend on nice gear and within 5 minutes 3 seperate assistants had come up to me and asked if I needed help.

I hate the feeling of being watched as I browse about so at that point I left the place and headed for Penneys where assistants leave you in peace.

• Registered Users Posts: 13,762 ✭✭✭✭dubstarr

Ok the lure was just too much.Went in and bought socks and jocks for the kids.

Had a good mooch,wasnt too busy and wasnt waiting too long to get in.

dubstarr wrote: »
    Ok the lure was just too much.Went in and bought socks and jocks for the kids.

Had a good mooch,wasnt too busy and wasnt waiting too long to get in.

Face palm

• Administrators, Politics Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 25,947 Admin ✭✭✭✭✭Neyite

ChikiChiki wrote: »
    Not for me but each to their own.

Personally I absolutely detest shopping either online or in real life. Went into Arnotts with a good budget a few months back to spend on nice gear and within 5 minutes 3 seperate assistants had come up to me and asked if I needed help.

I hate the feeling of being watched as I browse about so at that point I left the place and headed for Penneys where assistants leave you in peace.

I much prefer good old fashioned Irish disdain from shop assistants myself.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,671 ✭✭✭GarIT

It absolutely is amongst my friends.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,208 ✭✭✭LuasSimon

Hopefully the poor children in Bangladesh that make pennys cloths have a nice christmas.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,480 ✭✭✭Blondini

Penneys clothes are shiote and are made of crepe paper.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 9,078 ✭✭✭IAMAMORON

LuasSimon wrote: »
    Hopefully the poor children in Bangladesh that make pennys cloths have a nice christmas.

And the winner for the Boards.ie " Virtue Signal of the Day " goes to...

Daily winners please remember to start a mad lefftie thread to crank about the gubbermint, winners get included in the weekly play off.

Congratulations.

• Administrators, Politics Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 25,947 Admin ✭✭✭✭✭Neyite

LuasSimon wrote: »

You can shop in LostStock if you want to directly support Bangladeshi families who's employment was disrupted due to covid.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 8,671 ✭✭✭GarIT

or

B. Find better friends.

Finding friends is difficult. Putting up with it or just not wearing Penneys clothes is better than being alone.

Advertisement