Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Off Topic Discussion Thread

Options

Comments

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 42,408 Mod ✭✭✭✭Lord TSC

CastorTroy wrote: »
    I'm not anti vaccine but can they say if any side effects this early on? Would probably wait a while unless absolutely necessary.
    Also doesn't seem to specify if this is one and one(or 2 in this case) or if it would be annual like the flu vaccine.
    I assume high risk cases would take priority, so would be waiting anyway

I think that their worries about long term issues and side effects weren't massive, because 90% of the vaccine was already in use and development for years anyway. They just jiggled around a little bit of it to make it relevant to this specific coronavirus.

Still, I'd kind of be the same as yourself. But I also think it's moot point for me too; I'd imagine there'll be priority lists done up, and I won't fall anywhere near them. You'd imagine healthcare workers and the elderly, followed by those most at risk, would be the first in line for it.

I'd be shocked if normal plebs had any chance of even seeing one for a few months.

• Registered Users Posts: 28,794 ✭✭✭✭CastorTroy

Honestly, not worried about myself anyway but my parents. Both relatively healthy but dad in his 70s. So if something like hair loss is the worst to be expected then he'll be grand. :)

• Registered Users Posts: 8,689 ✭✭✭sky88

it really should be elderly and at risk first in line but i think tsc is right it will be a while before the normal people get it

• Moderators, Music Moderators Posts: 14,872 Mod ✭✭✭✭Furious-Red

Apparently Pfizer are pretty much ready to go with the distribution of the vaccine and mentioned that one of their containers would do the whole island of Ireland and if rolled out soon the majority of people could have the vaccine by June.

I can totally understand if people are not sure about getting the vaccine straight away but for me at this stage id nearly que up to get it ha

• Registered Users Posts: 37,770 ✭✭✭✭PTH2009

Great news on the vaccine

Last night of the Irish Premier divison, Waterford way too Finn Harps and a win will get us 4th place which will hopefully be enough for Europe (if one of the top 3 win the cup

• Advertisement

From my view it's Harps home to Waterford. Sorry but I have to back Harps. :)
    Not exactly a fan but being a Donegal man and know enough fans and players to want them to win.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,724 ✭✭✭johnnyryan89

As much as I loathe Harps, it's easy to do when we were relegated twice by them, with 2015 being a right kick in stones with being relegated up in Ballybofey, but I really hope they stay up. A proper club with great fans and you gotta love Ollie Horgan, until it comes time to actually play against his team's.

• Registered Users Posts: 60,286 ✭✭✭✭Agent Coulson

If they can start rolling out a vaccine early next year and have it up and running for the majority by June that would be amazing.

June would also be a great time to start opening up the world again for travel and holidays.

I would be one of the first to be able to get the vaccine with my job however I would be hesitant about taking it in the first round of rollouts like most people.

Sure if everyone else got it, then I wouldn't have to, right?
    Okay, everyone else get it and save me the bother!

Also everyone give me €1 from each of you!

****ing Finn Harps and Ollie Horgan :mad::D, Waterford can never beat them and along with Sligo cost us Europe but have to hand it too both great heart and performances on the night. Time will tell but hopefully a positive rebuild for us for the 2021 season

Munster Hurling final Sunday against bloody Limerick :eek::eek: but its brillent to have that to look forward too. After Kerry's shock exit in the football anything can happen

Great week of sport ahead

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 85,024 ✭✭✭✭JP Liz V1

With Biden in, is the Mayo curse broken :p

Just seen the Coca Cola holidays are coming trucks ad now it feels Christmassy even in this strange year, stay safe take care

• Moderators, Sports Moderators, Regional West Moderators Posts: 6,773 Mod ✭✭✭✭connemara man

JP Liz V1 wrote: »
    Just seen the Coca Cola holidays are coming trucks ad now it feels Christmassy even in this strange year, stay safe take care

The SuperValu add had me feeling all the emotions

• Moderators, Business & Finance Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 24,731 Mod ✭✭✭✭Loughc

Yep and the McDonalds one. I’m blaming the year that’s in it.

• Registered Users Posts: 48,990 ✭✭✭✭Lithium93_

Loughc wrote: »
    Yep and the McDonalds one. I’m blaming the year that’s in it.

Disney also getting into the Christmas Ad game.

This years John Lewis Christmas Ad

Katie Taylor wins again, top class humble fighter and Mayo wins too, is this their year

Katie Taylor wins again, top class humble fighter and Mayo wins too, is this their year

Mayo will win Sam this year

Limerick beating Waterford in the Munster final but very happy with Waterfords fight in the game. We roll on to the QFs against either Tipp or Clare

I like the Woodies ad

• Moderators, Sports Moderators, Regional West Moderators Posts: 6,773 Mod ✭✭✭✭connemara man

I like the Woodies ad

That's just a really nice feel good add

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 32,956 ✭✭✭✭Omackeral

For any lovers of old school cartoons, I'm running a Best Cartoon Ever tournament here

My laptop has decided too break and have to fork for a new one

The touchpad and keyboard on my old one (a Lenovo yoga 300) decided to stop working and after doing everything to fix it including going back to factory settings and uninstalling/reinstalling drives etc it just wouldn't give in. Because its touchscreen it works when I use it in touch mode but its pretty hard to get used too

Picked up this one and hopefully I'll have next week

https://www.currys.ie/ieen/computing/laptops/laptops/hp-14-cf2504sa-14-laptop-intel-core-i5-256-gb-ssd-silver-10212898-pdt.html

Holy crap I just saw Mike Tyson is fighting Roy Jones Jr tonight in an exhibition match and is going to make $10m from it and Jones Jr is going to make $3m.

Not bad going for two 50 somethings fighting in an exhibition match and they say wrestling is fake.

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 22,641 Mod ✭✭✭✭Bounty Hunter

Holy crap I just saw Mike Tyson is fighting Roy Jones Jr tonight in an exhibition match and is going to make $10m from it and Jones Jr is going to make $3m.

Not bad going for two 50 somethings fighting in an exhibition match and they say wrestling is fake.

The result might make some call fake.

and speaking of wrestling, the fight was called by Mauro Ranallo

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 42,408 Mod ✭✭✭✭Lord TSC

3 kids in the school where my brother works out with confirmed cases now. 15 kids being tested today, and a LOT of others out with symptoms.

Feels like a ring closing around me now. Feels inevitable :/

• Registered Users Posts: 8,689 ✭✭✭sky88

Lord TSC wrote: »
    3 kids in the school where my brother works out with confirmed cases now. 15 kids being tested today, and a LOT of others out with symptoms.

I felt like that the other week the other 4 people in my house got it and 4 tests later I somehow didn’t get it

• Registered Users Posts: 4,807 ✭✭✭ShagNastii

Lord TSC wrote: »

It gets very real when it is on your doorstep. My local GAA club at home was one of the many high profile cases that partied all week and raised countless +cases.

My elderly folks properly locked down with fear. The numbers are small enough that people aren't encountering it day to day. It truly is invisible.

It's beginning to feel a lot like......

Die_hard.jpg

• Registered Users Posts: 32,956 ✭✭✭✭Omackeral

Time to change the thread title maybe? It’s been 23 months now

• Advertisement

It's beginning to feel a lot like......

Die_hard.jpg
    Omackeral wrote: »
    Time to change the thread title maybe? It’s been 23 months now

How about