Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Please note that it is not permitted to have referral links posted in your signature. Keep these links contained in the appropriate forum. Thank you.

https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2055940817/signature-rules

Fiesta ST 1.6 Ecoboost 180bhp 6 speed.

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,578 ✭✭✭Eoinbmw

Good value over new if your doing small mileage!

• Registered Users Posts: 1,465 ✭✭✭PCeeeee

hooch-85 wrote: »
    That car in that spec would be 31k+. I think the price is fair enough.

Given the lack of competition, you're prob right.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,695 ✭✭✭CR 7

Another 191 up for sale, 6.5k km and can be yours for only €28k, a massive €1.8k less than a brand new one!

https://www.donedeal.ie/cars-for-sale/ford-fiesta-st-1-5ecoboost-200ps-2dr/23975581

• Registered Users Posts: 22,929 ✭✭✭✭ShadowHearth

CR 7 wrote: »
    Another 191 up for sale, 6.5k km and can be yours for only €28k, a massive €1.8k less than a brand new one!

https://www.donedeal.ie/cars-for-sale/ford-fiesta-st-1-5ecoboost-200ps-2dr/23975581

I bet you it's straight deal price too, trade in price is 32k :pac:

• Registered Users Posts: 4,939 ✭✭✭Bigus

It seems all the irish 1.5 STs have been sold , having driven one I can see the attraction compared to the older 4 cyl 1.6 model, well worth the premium if you’re thinking of buying.

• Advertisement

I went in to local Ford dealer yesterday to talk about ST. Salesman did not even knew there is ST and not just ST line... So that was off a good start.
    Obviously they did not had ST for test drive, but I took 5 door Fiesta Titanium for a spin just to get the feel of the cabin and see if rear seats are even usable. I did same thing with FR when bought my Ibiza Cupra.
    The fella said he will come back to me with my trade in value and what he deal he can do for me on 5 door, white with Led option for lights.
    Still not clear about performance pack. They did not had it as option listed and could not say to me if it comes as standard.
    I know interior won't be that much different in ST, but I am not sure I like it. It's just.. messy. Much prefer my own, which is very simple and clean.

• Registered Users Posts: 278 ✭✭Acquiescence

I've sat in the back of the five door ST and there's a surprising amount of space. I'm 5'11 for what it's worth.

The back of the old ST isn't even comparable.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,381 ✭✭✭vintagevrs

I've sat in the back of the five door ST and there's a surprising amount of space. I'm 5'11 for what it's worth.

The back of the old ST isn't even comparable.

Like I am 5"13? One Inc away from 6. Sorry, not good at old money. And I could not sit properly in the back with seet adjusted to me.
    Now the reason I want 5 door is my daughter, she is 11 and very tall for her age. So I need a bit more space and the door. Misses is about your height, so I think daughter will fit behind her well, she does in Cupra so far.

5 foot 11 inches...... 12 inches in a foot :)

• Advertisement

Augeo wrote: »
    5 foot 11 inches...... 12 inches in a foot :)

As I said, I am bad at old money. :)

Well, it's Monday and 4:30 and I was promised they will call me back and send me email with trade in price, price and details about performance pack.
    Nothing...

Not sure if the configurator always had the st but it didn't really work for me last time I tried. This morning it works fine, looks like ST3 with performance pack is only model available, and you can select 5 door model now too.

Here's one I made earlier:

www.ford.ie/s/unU7

€31k, and that excludes delivery and nox charges.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,885 ✭✭✭hooch-85

A lot of moola for a Festy. I bought a new mk7 ST for 7k less in 2016.

Yeah I agree but can see with the way things are going the new fiesta is probably the size the of focus/golf segment a few generations back. Then the fact it's packed with tech and has proper bits like an LSD it soon adds up.

Just checked and it's similar size to a Mk5 golf on the outside and more spacious inside.

Any idea how much a new GTi was back then? Similar power too, but I know the GTI in Ireland was specced miserably by vw Ireland.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,885 ✭✭✭hooch-85

True, the mk5 was mid 30s at the time iirc and it will cost the best part of 50k for a new one now so I guess in relative terms the ST isn't bad value, even the Focus ST is nearly 50k now

• Registered Users Posts: 1,578 ✭✭✭Eoinbmw

We are just being raped over here on anything interesting that the reality!

• Registered Users Posts: 3,695 ✭✭✭CR 7

Changed the rear discs and pads on my 2017 one yesterday. It’s quite easy really, the first one took about 3 hours while I figured out the procedure and then the second side was less than an hour from loosening the first wheel nut to sitting back on the couch! The discs were fairly badly corroded so it was a pain getting the old discs off, had to dose them in ac90 and let them sit for half an hour before shocking off with a mallet.

It was in for the 3rd year service with Ford a few weeks back and they quoted €300 for replacement of both rear discs and pads. I had to buy a new set of spanners, brake calliper cube tool, the mallet, and a few other minor tools, but the total for all that plus brembo discs and pads came to €100. At the time I was going to just let them do it as I’m hardly driving the car at the moment so wouldn’t have missed it for a day or two while they had it. I’m glad now I did it, saved at least €200 and have most of the tools needed when the front discs need to be done.

While the callipers were off I checked the slider pins, both still had grease on them and moved fairly freely, but I cleaned and re-greased them anyway with the proper lubricant (not copper grease). Does anyone else know if it sounds right that one on each side springs back out a little further than the other? The rubber boot allows a little less movement on that one also so I think it should be ok, but it was my first time going at them so wasn’t sure.

CR 7 wrote: »
    Changed the rear discs and pads on my 2017 one yesterday. It’s quite easy really, the first one took about 3 hours while I figured out the procedure and then the second side was less than an hour from loosening the first wheel nut to sitting back on the couch! The discs were fairly badly corroded so it was a pain getting the old discs off, had to dose them in ac90 and let them sit for half an hour before shocking off with a mallet.

It was in for the 3rd year service with Ford a few weeks back and they quoted €300 for replacement of both rear discs and pads. I had to buy a new set of spanners, brake calliper cube tool, the mallet, and a few other minor tools, but the total for all that plus brembo discs and pads came to €100. At the time I was going to just let them do it as I’m hardly driving the car at the moment so wouldn’t have missed it for a day or two while they had it. I’m glad now I did it, saved at least €200 and have most of the tools needed when the front discs need to be done.

While the callipers were off I checked the slider pins, both still had grease on them and moved fairly freely, but I cleaned and re-greased them anyway with the proper lubricant (not copper grease). Does anyone else know if it sounds right that one on each side springs back out a little further than the other? The rubber boot allows a little less movement on that one also so I think it should be ok, but it was my first time going at them so wasn’t sure.

Had my '16 in to Ford just before the lockdown, rear discs gone also due to corrosion. Must be an issue on them.

Test drove a mk8 today in the north. Really good dealer to deal with as zero BS from them. I mentioned I had called about one last week and he said it was sold but sure take the keys for a new one out. Told him I wasn't going to be buying new and he said up to you, welcome to take it out so I did.

First impressions are very very good. Such a fun car to drive around and makes all the right noises. The infotainment system still had its protection film on so didn't play with it, not that I was that interested in it to be honest. If it had more fuel I would have been away a lot longer but didn't want to get stranded.

If I sell my own car privately this is a real runner for me. Cheap to buy/run/insure/tax etc, but stacks of fun and character whilst also looking like a little run around for normal stuff. I really liked it!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,767 ✭✭✭eljono

I had a 10 minute spin in one not long after they came out in 2018, even though it was only a taster, I was really impressed with how it drove. It's a cracking car for the money.

I went to get a cost to change on one today. I assumed that ford Ireland would have one or two lying around and the dealer checked and said nope, not one in the country and zero 2nd hand for sale too. So it would be a fresh order....5months. He said he would double check in case one wasn't on the system and was on a forecourt but we will see.

• Registered Users Posts: 73 ✭✭TheGreatUnkown

You can import one in from the UK for around 21/22k. That would be a 2019 model.

I'd be seriously tempted myself. Really looks the part.

Yeah but I need to shift my own first. Sometimes the dealer trade in offers can be generous when buying new so wanted to see what they would say. First salesman that took an actual interest in my own car as in a proper valuation process. He went around it and took it for a test drive etc straight away which I liked, rather than just looking in a book or whatever.

If I sell my own a 12month old one makes a lot of sense. Third cheaper than a new Irish one.

• Registered Users Posts: 73 ✭✭TheGreatUnkown

Ah ok, I see what you mean.

Keep your options open so. Only 5 more months to the new year, so the used Fiesta ST will be cheaper again!

• Registered Users Posts: 53,262 ✭✭✭✭GavRedKing

I went to test drive a Mk7 GTi Clubsport a few months back and VW were given me a good, fair trade in value at the time.

I was discussing it with herself about changing as we we're then in the early stage of a house build and left it too long to act and the car was sold within 10-14 days of my testing driving it.

In fairness to VW they knew i was very interested and the salesman did ring me and and say another party was coming in to take a look of it and did I want to put down a deposit but I couldn't really commit.

He was trying to tempt me with a new unregistered Golf TCR at the time too but if a near 35k car was out of the question, i dont think a 50k purchase would have went down to well with herself.

I think I'll sell my own Fiesta ST anyway in the near future, I've barely used it through the COVID pandemic as I'm still WFH so its just sitting up bar the odd weekend trip to the shops.

Just a little update as not sure of any mk8 st owners on here yet. I sold the 330d two weeks ago and two days later had this outside the house.

IMG-20201128-233746.jpg

It's 5 door st2 and is completely different machine obviously from the bm. It just encourages you to have fun in it. Tyres were still original set and past their best so used the chance to change the rims.

IMG-20201128-225644.jpg

Got these direct from Ford as they come on the performance edition, they are 18s which meant I was able to get a bigger tyre on, and allowed 4 PS4s as these don't come in 17" size yet.

IMG-20201130-150511.jpg

Had vrt apt today so awaiting the call back with the damage.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,113 ✭✭✭Gavman84

Im assuming no performance pack as st2 and the wheels were standard ones? Well wear they are lovely machine. The new wheels are far nicer too right idea!

Thanks Gav. PP is an option, even on the ST-2 so it is possible to get it on one but you are right no PP on this one. The PP adds 3 things, a little "ST" light blinks when you should change up on the dash, launch control and then the LSD. The first two are complete gimmicks and I might code these onto the car to pass an evening with an ODB cable and Forscan. The LSD is is meant to be a great bit of kit, and I would love to try one with one to see what the real world difference is like. Appreciate when you're completely on it, it makes a great difference in getting the power down, esp out of corners. I never really push the car that hard for obvious reasons on public roads so I'm not sure I would notice it 99% of the time, but would need to test one to see. Buying 2nd hand meant that was the only real compromise for me. The car had the other important options for me, was in NI so no boat trip needed and was great value so it made sense to go for it.
    Having decent tyres has made a massive difference, as before 1st and 2nd gear caused the TC to intervene constantly but now there are no issues. I did look about retrofitting the LSD, as I did this before on a RWD car I had as it was straightforward changing the diff but it's a pretty big job on a fwd. Best option is to buy a gearbox from a PP model and swap it over and it would be too much money/hassle for me I think.

• Advertisement

vintagevrs wrote: »
    Thanks Gav. PP is an option, even on the ST-2 so it is possible to get it on one but you are right no PP on this one. The PP adds 3 things, a little "ST" light blinks when you should change up on the dash, launch control and then the LSD. The first two are complete gimmicks and I might code these onto the car to pass an evening with an ODB cable and Forscan. The LSD is is meant to be a great bit of kit, and I would love to try one with one to see what the real world difference is like. Appreciate when you're completely on it, it makes a great difference in getting the power down, esp out of corners. I never really push the car that hard for obvious reasons on public roads so I'm not sure I would notice it 99% of the time, but would need to test one to see. Buying 2nd hand meant that was the only real compromise for me. The car had the other important options for me, was in NI so no boat trip needed and was great value so it made sense to go for it.
    Having decent tyres has made a massive difference, as before 1st and 2nd gear caused the TC to intervene constantly but now there are no issues. I did look about retrofitting the LSD, as I did this before on a RWD car I had as it was straightforward changing the diff but it's a pretty big job on a fwd. Best option is to buy a gearbox from a PP model and swap it over and it would be too much money/hassle for me I think.

Well wear Vrs. Hoping to trade up my 2016 ST to one of these sometime in the future so looking froward to your comments on ownership.

Advertisement