Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

RAW Superthread

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 60,286 ✭✭✭✭Agent Coulson

So a gimmick hardcore match where pin falls count anywhere yet the ref stops a 3 count for a rope break.

• Registered Users Posts: 9,688 ✭✭✭hynesie08

****ing hell Jeff, you have a wife and kids....... Stupid risk to take

Mrs Miz is a stunning looking woman.

• Registered Users Posts: 9,688 ✭✭✭hynesie08

Very generic gear on Ricochet, would look good with a mask

Ali to Mia after she lost to Dana....There is no failure in Retribution.

Ali i hate to tell you all there is to Retribution is failure.

• Advertisement

So Drew can take 3 different finishing moves in the space of a minute and it takes nothing out of him.

• Moderators, Business & Finance Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 24,731 Mod ✭✭✭✭Loughc

The one positive about Raw is, is I like how there are multiple challengers for the WWE Title.

AJ number 1 contender, The Miz with the contract, Braun will be back in the hunt, Sheamus will turn, lots of moving parts. It's keeping things exciting.

• Registered Users Posts: 28,794 ✭✭✭✭CastorTroy

Wow! Reckoning is really Mia Yim!?!? I did not see that coming.
    They didn't seem too fussed about her mask. I guess it's to be expected when it was just held on by bands over the ears.

So now will Asuka and Lana get a title shot?

What was with the Cedric leaving the ring thing?

• Registered Users Posts: 32,956 ✭✭✭✭Omackeral

So a gimmick hardcore match where pin falls count anywhere yet the ref stops a 3 count for a rope break.

A Hell in a Cell match was stopped in recent times because it was ''out of hand''. Should tell you all you need to know.

• Registered Users Posts: 23,104 ✭✭✭✭J. Marston

Either Elias was doing some amazing selling after that Swanton or he was in agony.

• Advertisement

Jeff was lucky. I whoever set that up didn't plan it properly

• Registered Users Posts: 37,770 ✭✭✭✭PTH2009

Bit of a meh Raw

Glad Styles in number 1 contender and it will be an interesting match. Cant see Drew losing the title to him but he might lose it if Miz cashes in. A possibility of Sheamus turning on him leading too it

Hard to care fully about Orton vs The Fiend

• Registered Users Posts: 85,024 ✭✭✭✭JP Liz V1

• Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 12,626 Mod ✭✭✭✭riffmongous

Thought JoMo was a champ there for a second seeing that pic

I hope Sheamus gets one last run as World Champ by doing the dirt on Drew.

Jesus how can someone even approve the name Slapjack

The Long Hall pub in Dublin getting a mention by Sheamus

Never thought I'd hear that on wwe TV

• Registered Users Posts: 2,635 ✭✭✭RollieFingers

Are Ali, Slapjack, Reckoning and the rest of the gang in Retribution one of the worst stables in WWE history? Losing to Dana Brooke will surely have them on an upward trajectory.

They, like Raw in general, suck so much. Amazes me how the company with the most resources, reach and experience consistently puts out the worst weekly product.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,211 ✭✭✭LineOfBeauty

Are Ali, Slapjack, Reckoning and the rest of the gang in Retribution one of the worst stables in WWE history? Losing to Dana Brooke will surely have them on an upward trajectory.

They, like Raw in general, suck so much. Amazes me how the company with the most resources, reach and experience consistently puts out the worst weekly product.

I'm just seeing clips of the Wyatt/Orton stuff from last night. It's a reminder that pops up every so often on my timeline that helps me remember why I don't watch weekly WWE TV. I swear that Orton/Wyatt stuff is every bit as cringe as anything WCW we're doing under Jim Herd or Russo. And I swear it wasn't so long ago people were trying to convince me Wyatt is good.

Yeh I don't get the whole Wyatt is a creative genius character who's stuff has a deeper meaning etc.

For me the Fiend is just some goof puppeteer in a ridiculous looking mask who's matches are awful and segments even worse. The Dungeon of Doom were better than this.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 8,689 ✭✭✭sky88

You’ve said you don’t watch wwe so how do you know it’s sucks

sky88 wrote: »
    You’ve said you don’t watch wwe so how do you know it’s sucks

I read reports, see stuff on Twitter and look at clips if I hear of anything. There is no doubting that Raw sucks.

• Registered Users Posts: 773 ✭✭✭TimesArrow

Ah yeah, cos all Irish and Scottish people love to fight and drink..

They didn't have Alexa there for a game of Let's Get Randy? Probably for the best.

Mia Yim who was a potential NXT woman's champion is now losing to Dana 2 weeks in row.

Randy got fined for putting his hands on an official and Braun was suspended for headbutting one. So Drew and Sheamus should be suspended?

just as a matter of interest, is there much organisation to when they come out to show respect like they did for Pat? Just Vince in the middle and HHH and Drew on either side. Possible that's all the organising and everyone else just finds a spot. Looked like Titus had his hands in his pockets.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,137 ✭✭✭The White Wolf

Yeh I don't get the whole Wyatt is a creative genius character who's stuff has a deeper meaning etc.

For me the Fiend is just some goof puppeteer in a ridiculous looking mask who's matches are awful and segments even worse. The Dungeon of Doom were better than this.

I can't remember the last person who was given this type of rope to do long term storytelling. When's the last time we've seen two superstars acknowledge they had previous beef in WWE?

Vince certainly trusts Wyatt that can't be doubted.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,211 ✭✭✭LineOfBeauty

I can't remember the last person who was given this type of rope to do long term storytelling. When's the last time we've seen two superstars acknowledge they had previous beef in WWE?

He trusts him but it's God awful, that segment with Orton and the puppet was on my timeline this morning, I genuinely want to know who could watch that and think it's good?

And I'd be far less inclined to give credit to a booker who, as a one off, acknowledges his audience have a longer memory span than a single ppv cycle. I'm sorry but we have to set the bar a little higher than that.

• Registered Users Posts: 23,104 ✭✭✭✭J. Marston

Dana beating Retribution in a 1-on-5 handicap match every week for the next 3 months would be fine with me. They are just awful.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,137 ✭✭✭The White Wolf

J. Marston wrote: »
    Dana beating Retribution in a 1-on-5 handicap match every week for the next 3 months would be fine with me. They are just awful.

Nah sorry, Dana is one of them inexplicable cases of being used more than she's due. Been around long enough and achieved nothing, now the likes of Ali, Dijak and Yim are jobbing to her? That's not on.

They can acknowledge it but it still doesn't make it any good, that segment with Orton and the puppet was laughably bad.

It's the type of thing I'd be embarrassed to show a non wrestling fan so for me it's awful, but some obviously like it which is cool too.

• Advertisement

we will prob end up getting Reckoning/Mia Yim getting fired from Retribution and she will end up teaming with Dana who will feel sorry for her

The Sheamus and Drew thing was both odd and entertaining, they will have a good feud someday. Hard to believe AJ styles never faced Drew before

The Orton vs Wyatt/Fiend thing is good but who is supposed to be the face and heel, Bray turning into the fiend for the choke out was pretty well done. I wonder how they done it so well

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement