Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Brian J. Goggin RIP

Options
  • 25-10-2020 8:17pm
    Registered Users Posts: 236 ✭✭

Just read very recently of the passing of Brian J. Goggin, RIP. For lovers of our inland waterways, this is a sad loss as Brian was a wealth of information. I did not know him personally but he always replied to heritage queries, however trivial, relating to our vast waterway systems. His website, irishwaterwayshistory.com, is a pleasure to read. Let's hope that his legacy will be the taking up of his mantle by other sagely erudite persons to continue his wonderful site.

https://irishwaterwayshistory.com/

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 2,104 ✭✭✭Tails142

Sad to hear, wealth of information on his website, hope it is preserved. I see he was preparing a book to be released posthumously so I'm sure that will be a good read or will hopefully contain a lot of the writing from his website.

Advertisement