Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Vodafone Black Friday Sale

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 359 ✭✭smilgy

caper23 wrote: »
    when registering online do you use the new sim number or own personal email??

Use the email address you used to place the order with. It will let check the order status this way.

Beware, the process for registering is pretty dire. They send you a six digit pass code to verify the email, but it's entirely random if it arrives with a few minutes or hours..

• Registered Users Posts: 16,523 ✭✭✭✭yabadabado

Wasn't told either. Apparently stock issues.. Yet both colours are in stock now and when I ordered.

Live chat:

"The website does not get updated on the real time basis as far as the stock of the device is concerned"

As a telecoms company, they are appalling.

I was told mine was cancelled due to a rare technical glitch and to reorder and it would probably be ok .

They are a shambles.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,082 ✭✭✭carbsy

yabadabado wrote: »
    I was told mine was cancelled due to a rare technical glitch and to reorder and it would probably be ok .

They are a shambles.

My order was apparently submitted incorrectly and I will have to wait up to 28 days for a friggin refund. Disgraceful carry on...

• Registered Users Posts: 141 ✭✭caper23

smilgy wrote: »
    Use the email address you used to place the order with. It will let check the order status this way.

Beware, the process for registering is pretty dire. They send you a six digit pass code to verify the email, but it's entirely random if it arrives with a few minutes or hours..
    didn't order anything yet or register. but do i use my own personal everyday email or make up a new one???

• Registered Users Posts: 359 ✭✭smilgy

caper23 wrote: »
    didn't order anything yet or register. but do i use my own personal everyday email or make up a new one???

I don't think there should be any issues with using your regular email, especially if you're not already a Vodafone customer. Granted both my orders did get cancelled so your milage may vary!

I doubt they would be sending too much marketing material, although who knows!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 3,466 ✭✭✭Curb Your Enthusiasm

yabadabado wrote: »

They are a shambles.

Second order now to be cancelled. First time they told me it was a porting issue, second time stock issue. Now they tell me its a technical issue that they've escalated and I can try to order again this afternoon... Jokers.

Anyone know if they offer is available in store also? Might be safer just going in to b&m at this stage. Livid!

carbsy wrote: »
    Anyone know if they offer is available in store also? Might be safer just going in to b&m at this stage. Livid!

It is but be aware they force you to buy the 20 euro top up.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,194 ✭✭✭WestWicklow1

Ok but ur order is not cancelled ??

Not cancelled, but has been "Order released for picking" since 2020-11-17

• Registered Users Posts: 3,950 ✭✭✭Roberto_gas

Not cancelled, but has been "Order released for picking" since 2020-11-17

Ok thanks....even my order is in that status...looks like ANpost is slow picking up deliveries !

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,753 ✭✭✭SmallTeapot

It is but be aware they force you to buy the 20 euro top up.

Can use the top-up towards any vodafone number?

I have ordered twice and both have been cancelled.... 80euro pending on my bank account.

I wonder does the same offer apply in store (i.e. 100euro off)

• Registered Users Posts: 1,291 ✭✭✭enviro

Same offer applies in store. Got it this morning.

enviro wrote: »

Did you have to top up in store?

• Registered Users Posts: 48 BatMaths

If chat tells you your order is awaiting pickup, does that mean it won't get cancelled? Spoke to someone today, absolutely useless

BatMaths wrote: »
    If chat tells you your order is awaiting pickup, does that mean it won't get cancelled? Spoke to someone today, absolutely useless

I doubt they know themselves. At this stage I wouldn't trust its going to be fulfilled until the postman hands it over to me.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 177 ✭✭Westernworld.

Prob been asked

Will Lyca work and what network do I name it for porting?

How many digits are order numbers? Is it 8?

Prob been asked

Will Lyca work and what network do I name it for porting?

IIRC just choose 'other'. Again IIRC there are no other options....

Just tried to check that for you but vodafone.ie is down and out!!!

• Registered Users Posts: 150 ✭✭Wolftown

enviro wrote: »

Were you forced to top up €20? Have a sim ready to use for this but the online order process sounds like a nightmare!

• Advertisement

10 digits beginning with 00

Ah cheers! :)

Its 8 digits.

Edit:
    They could find my order with the 8 digits.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,946 ✭✭✭fdevine

Seems there's transaction numbers & order numbers. Last order number I had appeared as the tansaction number on the invoice and neither are working this time around

Both are 10 digits starting 00, just to confuse things further

Have just ordered a white A21S online (no black in stock). Got an order number too, how long does it usually take for Vodafone to cancel the order?

• Registered Users Posts: 3,950 ✭✭✭Roberto_gas

Wolftown wrote: »
    Have just ordered a white A21S online (no black in stock). Got an order number too, how long does it usually take for Vodafone to cancel the order?

Pretty much straight away .. check with chat or online portal after 2-3 hours.

Pretty much straight away .. check with chat or online portal after 2-3 hours.

Will do, thanks

Just picked one up in store but was forced to buy a top up for 20 euro. They just give it on a voucher though so you can always use it yourself, sell it on or pass it to a friend.

• Moderators, Regional South Moderators Posts: 5,744 Mod ✭✭✭✭Quackster

Just picked one up in store but was forced to buy a top up for 20 euro. They just give it on a voucher though so you can always use it yourself, sell it on or pass it to a friend.
    It depends on the store though. Many stores won't give you a voucher but instead insist on applying the credit on the SIM that your number is ported over to.

• Advertisement

Quackster wrote: »
    It depends on the store though. Many stores won't give you a voucher but instead insist on applying the credit on the SIM that your number is ported over to.

I'd imagine most will be sound about it if you tell them it's a gift. The call and collect team are based in one of the Cork stores and she told me that there's no issue giving a voucher, that this is standard practice. Just mention it when you collect and I'd imagine it'll be fine. Tell them a specific port date (I think you can go as far as a month later) and I'd imagine this'll be more likely.

Advertisement