Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Vodafone Black Friday Sale

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 137 ✭✭unaaine

How do you get past the 'switching' to vodafone' question, if you don't want to?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,755 ✭✭✭bazwaldo

unaaine wrote: »
    How do you get past the 'switching' to vodafone' question, if you don't want to?

You use a sim that is not your main one. i.e. get a free one from eir or 48. Put sim in a phone. Order from vodafone using new sim number. They'll text it during process with a code to ensure number is real. Complete purchase. Get new phone (if they dont cancel). Phone may be locked to Vodafone and if it is you'll need to network unlock it.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,307 ✭✭✭dan786

unaaine wrote: »
    How do you get around the 'switching to vodafone' question, if you don't want to switch?

Well you can only get this deal by switching. Otherwise pay full price and sign up as new customer. Get a throwaway sim

• Registered Users Posts: 357 ✭✭smilgy

An order I placed yesterday with an Eir sim got cancelled this morning it seems..

• Registered Users Posts: 677 ✭✭✭questionmark

Spoke to live chat about my order saying cancelled, this was their reply :(

" Thank you for your patience your order status is to be cancelled. It is got cancelled due to our technical glich in our system & this order is at to be cancelled state so we need to escalate thsi to our concern team to put this order at cancel state and it would would get at cancel state within 72 hours and once this order will get cancelled state we will refund your payment for this order and your will get your refund within 3-5 working days"

once this order will be at cancelled state you can place the new order form your side so I would request you to wait for 72 hours. It would be on cancel state within 72 hours.

Money has been gone from my account for days :(

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 3,465 ✭✭✭Curb Your Enthusiasm

Live chat told me my order was cancelled. No email about it. Rubbish IT systems.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,946 ✭✭✭fdevine

Ordered a €40 A21s last night with the intention of returning the €90 one I bought last week but I better hold off just in case. I deselected all communications so unlikely to get a dispatch or cancellation notification......

• Closed Accounts Posts: 177 ✭✭Westernworld.

Live chat told me my order was cancelled. No email about it. Rubbish IT systems.

If it's anything like the main Vodafone page its no surprise

Truly the dogs dinner of dogs dinners

• Registered Users Posts: 3,465 ✭✭✭Curb Your Enthusiasm

Trying to register for an account to check the order status is a pain too. It sends the email a 6 digit authorisation code but it takes about an hour to arrive, and at that stage when you input it it's already expired. A joke.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,947 ✭✭✭Roberto_gas

Order for white went through...shows shipping ID etc so I am hopeful it wont be cancelled !

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 6,757 ✭✭✭DopeTech

Trying to register for an account to check the order status is a pain too. It sends the email a 6 digit authorisation code but it takes about an hour to arrive, and at that stage when you input it it's already expired. A joke.

Just contact their live chat. I couldn't register either but I gave them the order number and they were able to give me a shipping ID and anpost tracking. Mines out for delivery today.(ordered Friday evening)

Finally managed to get a successful order after 15 cancelled orders in last 11 months. Got it shipped to parcel motel, new eir sim, disposable one use revolut card.

dan786 wrote: »
    Finally managed to get a successful order after 15 cancelled orders in last 11 months. Got it shipped to parcel motel, new eir sim, disposable one use revolut card.

Presumably there was no issues with refunds, etc?

smilgy wrote: »
    Presumably there was no issues with refunds, etc?

I always paid via Revolut, it was mostly reverted after 5 days, some were not, I contacted support on Revolut and took 30 second to revert the funds every time.

dan786 wrote: »
    I always paid via Revolut, it was mostly reverted after 5 days, some were not, I contacted support on Revolut and took 30 second to revert the funds every time.

Ah fair enough! I used a credit card just in case there was any issues, so should be handy enough to get a refund if it doesn't come through in a week or so.. Thanks!

• Registered Users Posts: 955 ✭✭✭devil-80

I can confirm that phone is unlocked works with any network.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,947 ✭✭✭Roberto_gas

devil-80 wrote: »

Fair play...this has to be one of the best deals this black friday TBH !

• Registered Users Posts: 6,757 ✭✭✭DopeTech

devil-80 wrote: »

Any Vodafone bloat/logos?

• Registered Users Posts: 91 ✭✭bars

Just delivered by AnPost, 2 Sims and unlocked. Happy days!

• Registered Users Posts: 955 ✭✭✭devil-80

DopeTech wrote: »

No its free from any ****e. But i didnt inserted vodafone card as first boot in.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 65 ✭✭fedorafennec

DopeTech wrote: »

At some point during setup it installed the My Vodafone app on mine but was able to uninstall it after just fine.

• Registered Users Posts: 140 ✭✭caper23

was on vodafone live chat. asked about phone they told me this phone and all phones locked to vodafone network,

i wanna go sim only with eir,

so can this phone be used with eir or any provider with sim only plan or we need to get it unlocked..?

caper23 wrote: »
    was on vodafone live chat. asked about phone they told me this phone and all phones locked to vodafone network,

i wanna go sim only with eir,

so can this phone be used with eir or any provider with sim only plan or we need to get it unlocked..?

It's unlocked and will work with Eir. :)

It's unlocked and will work with Eir. :)

oh you just get one? you using it with eir?

whats the best way to order??

oh you just get one? you using it with eir?

whats the best way to order??

No, have a read of the previous posts. :)

if this phone is ordered and when it arrives it won't work with certain provider like eir for example because it might be sim locked. can you return for refund??

im with eir currently.

if i wanna order a sim to use to avail of phone offer from vodafone,

if i fill this form out to order sim they ask me for a phone number??? what does one fill in there??

im with eir currently.

if i fill this form out to order sim they ask me for a phone number??? what does one fill in there??

If you mean when ordering a sim from Eir, 48 etc., the phone number is just for the postman. :)

• Registered Users Posts: 1,193 ✭✭✭WestWicklow1

im with eir currently.

Have a read of the previous posts.

• Advertisement

If you mean when ordering a sim from Eir, 48 etc., the phone number is just for the postman. :)

https://www.eir.ie/mobile/prepay/free-sim-cards/

so your saying make up a phone number just for the form??

Advertisement