Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Lifetime VPN €14

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 13,358 ✭✭✭✭Kolido

IrlJidel wrote: »
    Anyone tried keepsolid on the new US peacock streaming service yet? Does it work?

I've tried a few US servers and havent got it working yet.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,048 ✭✭✭ThePott

On that note, has anyone tried HBO Max?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,725 ✭✭✭bigron2109

ThePott wrote: »
    On that note, has anyone tried HBO Max?

Have used it a few times and works fine.

Nice, mind if I ask how you're watching it?
    Firestick or Laptop, Is it worth it in your opinion?

I've heard Peacock doesn't support external HDMI so you can't stream it from a laptop.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,905 ✭✭✭Ohmeha

Anyone tried keepsolid on the new US peacock streaming service yet? Does it work?
    No, not working on any server with Keepsolid, I saw somewhere on Twitter it may work with NordVPN

I'm using Getlfix and that's working perfectly on my laptop and firestick

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 412 ✭✭IrlJidel

Ohmeha wrote: »
    No, not working on any server with Keepsolid, I saw somewhere on Twitter it may work with NordVPN

I'm using Getlfix and that's working perfectly on my laptop and firestick

I tried every keepsolid US server with every vpn protocol combination - all failed too. Ah well..

• Registered Users Posts: 552 ✭✭✭glen123

My BBC iPlayer again stopped working with Keepsolid on both Firestick and tablet. ITV Hub is working fine. Not sure what's going on:(

• Registered Users Posts: 13,499 ✭✭✭✭joujoujou
    Unregistered Users

I'm pretty sure it's just a matter of time keepsolid will sort that out, if demand's high enough and they're informed about a problem. :)

• Registered Users Posts: 1,725 ✭✭✭bigron2109

Nice, mind if I ask how you're watching it?
    Firestick or Laptop, Is it worth it in your opinion?

I've heard Peacock doesn't support external HDMI so you can't stream it from a laptop.

I watching it through the Firestick. Downlaoded the App through Downloander and I’ve Logins, and turned on the VPN and loaded up the App. It asks you to put in a pub on a laptop or device like BBC, so turned the VPN on, on my iPhone, loaded up incognito mode on Google and Signed in with the code on the TV and boom it worked perfectly.

• Registered Users Posts: 818 ✭✭✭setanta1984

bigron2109 wrote: »
    Have used it a few times and works fine.

just curious what payment method youre using for this (HBO max)? tried revolut card but get the usual usa only error

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 81 ✭✭lacase

I use CyberGhost and I was able to register and watch Peacock without any issues

• Registered Users Posts: 12,393 ✭✭✭✭TheDriver

glen123 wrote: »
    My BBC iPlayer again stopped working with Keepsolid on both Firestick and tablet. ITV Hub is working fine. Not sure what's going on:(

worked fine for me yesterday

• Registered Users Posts: 6,754 ✭✭✭DopeTech

glen123 wrote: »

Watching the young offenders on iplayer right now using keepsolid VPN.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,088 ✭✭✭batistuta9

which server works for IMDB TV? tried a lot but it won't work.
    or do you need amazon to change your prime video to US?

• Registered Users Posts: 197 ✭✭w4ntedman

batistuta9 wrote: »
    The Hulu server worked for imdb when I tried it last time.
    Haven't used it in a while though

w4ntedman wrote: »
    The Hulu server worked for imdb when I tried it last time.
    Haven't used it in a while though

getting an error with it as well. did it just work for you, no need to change anything else?

getting an error with it as well. did it just work for you, no need to change anything else?

Yes it just worked
    Just tested it there again and it's still working on the phone anyway.
    I will try it on other devices when I get home this evening.

w4ntedman wrote: »
    Yes it just worked
    Just tested it there again and it's still working on the phone anyway.
    I will try it on other devices when I get home this evening.

firestick i'm trying on, i think i might need to be set to US prime video for it to work for me

firestick i'm trying on, i think i might need to be set to US prime video for it to work for me

I have a fire stick I will try with later on and update here.
    I don't use IMDb or the fire stick all that much but I'm mad to see if it works now

Correct but then your prime account will be US and not UK. I watch a lot on IMDB, it has a lot of things that you must pay for on UK Prime (even with a prime account).
    I set up a different amazon account on US solely for this purpose with no prime sub. You still need a US VPN too

• Advertisement

TheDriver wrote: »
    Correct but then your prime account will be US and not UK. I watch a lot on IMDB, it has a lot of things that you must pay for on UK Prime (even with a prime account).
    I set up a different amazon account on US solely for this purpose with no prime sub. You still need a US VPN too

i think you can have multiple prime accounts but each one just has benefits for that region, ever notice if you're on another amazon you'll see try prime etc.

i changed region on amazon to get the US app library for NBC sport, that works well as the apps previously installed from the UK still get their updates.

what way did you go about it with the US account? can you add it to the firestick or did you need to deregister the account on it & what about your UK apps?

just curious what payment method youre using for this (HBO max)? tried revolut card but get the usual usa only error
    Anyone else have any luck with this or any advice on getting around it?

i think you can have multiple prime accounts but each one just has benefits for that region, ever notice if you're on another amazon you'll see try prime etc.

i changed region on amazon to get the US app library for NBC sport, that works well as the apps previously installed from the UK still get their updates.

what way did you go about it with the US account? can you add it to the firestick or did you need to deregister the account on it & what about your UK apps?

I started from scratch with a reset. So yes, my UK prime is gone but I find far more benefits with free US plus store now has crackle etc. Plus IMDb results come up automatically in voice search. For UK apps, I use Tanya's filelinked plus this VPN. My5 is only one I'm having issues with recently. All4 doesn't require a VPN.

• Registered Users Posts: 20,300 ✭✭✭✭casio4

I have Hola Free VPN should I be looking to get a different VPN or is this ok? I can watch ITV hub and BBC iplayer no problem

Anyone else have any luck with this or any advice on getting around it?
    Nevermind, found a work around

TheDriver wrote: »
    I started from scratch with a reset. So yes, my UK prime is gone but I find far more benefits with free US plus store now has crackle etc. Plus IMDb results come up automatically in voice search. For UK apps, I use Tanya's filelinked plus this VPN. My5 is only one I'm having issues with recently. All4 doesn't require a VPN.

Yeah still issues with my5 - installed phone version which sorta works. Tbh is there anything good on my5 anyway? They have some Pluto channels and PBS which you can sideload anyway.

• Registered Users Posts: 45,820 ✭✭✭✭muffler

If anyone is interested KeepSolid VPN is free for 6 months.

lacase wrote: »
    I use CyberGhost and I was able to register and watch Peacock without any issues

Tried KeepSolid this morning and looks like it works now on Peacock - I just tried the generic Streaming endpoint which is in US and it worked

• Registered Users Posts: 13,358 ✭✭✭✭Kolido

Tried KeepSolid this morning and looks like it works now on Peacock - I just tried the generic Streaming endpoint which is in US and it worked

That server didnt work for me but the hulu one is.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 7,936 ✭✭✭ballsymchugh

anyone having issues with iPlayer recently? keep getting content not available on the tv, and looks like you're in another country on computer when using the VPN

Advertisement