Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all,
Vanilla are planning an update to the site on April 24th (next Wednesday). It is a major PHP8 update which is expected to boost performance across the site. The site will be down from 7pm and it is expected to take about an hour to complete. We appreciate your patience during the update.
Thanks all.

Instant Pot Cooker 60% off on Amazon

Options

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 373 ✭✭careless sherpa

I bought one this morning but fear it'll go the way of my steamer and slow cooker..... given away or sold. So to head that possibility off, can you point us newbies to any good sites with recipes that you've actually used.

I had the same fear but this is different and it is heavily used. Instagram is what I use most often. Also one indian cookbook

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,653 ✭✭✭AulWan

I had price alert set on this cooker. It has good reviews and few friends using it are very happy.

I just bought one now, this is the lowest price since 2016.

Instant Pot Duo V2 7-in-1 Electric Pressure Cooker, 6 Qt, 5.7L 1000 W, Brushed Stainless Steel/Black, 220-240v, Stainless Steel Inner Pot https://www.amazon.co.uk/dp/B00OP26T4K/ref=cm_sw_r_cp_apa_i_PFPxDb6ZHFGZV

I put this exact item in my shopping cart about six weeks ago, priced at 59.99.

I suspected this would happen, so I didn't buy immediately, but decided to wait.

I watched the price RISE steadily over the last few weeks to over 113.00, until today, where miraculously its back to 59.99 and being touted as 60% off!

What a con job!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 373 ✭✭careless sherpa

AulWan wrote: »

I suspected this would happen, so I didn't buy immediately, but decided to wait.

I watched the price RISE steadily over the last few weeks to over 113.00, until today, where miraculously its back to 59.99 and being touted as 60% off!

What a con job!

The price is normally around 99 pounds so is 40 off. It was priced at 59.99 during prime day. So is really 40% off the normal retail price. Is still a great bargain for what you are getting.

What a con job!

The lowest this has ever been from Amazon before this week was £70 in August. Are you thinking of a different, similar product?

https://uk.camelcamelcamel.com/Instant-Pot-Electric-Pressure-Stainless/product/B00OP26T4K

The lowest this has ever been from Amazon before this week was £70 in August. Are you thinking of a different, similar product?

https://uk.camelcamelcamel.com/Instant-Pot-Electric-Pressure-Stainless/product/B00OP26T4K

Nope, still had it in my basket this morning. I don't remember when exactly I put it in, but it was definitely 59.99 when I did.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 200 ✭✭angelmum

Nope, still had it in my basket this morning. I don't remember when exactly I put it in, but it was definitely 59.99 when I did.

Is this not the instant pot mini (3l), the 6l is usually around £89-100 I’ve only saw it drop during Black Friday and prime day

Camelcamelcamel is very reliable, the only possibility is that it's a similar product, it's never even been that low from the Amazon warehouse in the past six weeks.

• Registered Users Posts: 343 ✭✭twignme

I bought one this morning but fear it'll go the way of my steamer and slow cooker..... given away or sold. So to head that possibility off, can you point us newbies to any good sites with recipes that you've actually used.

I have used many of the recipes off the ‘my heart beets’ blog and they have all been very good, especially the Indian ones. Otherwise I just do a search preceding the recipe I want with the words instant pot and have had lots of success that way. Great rice pudding recipes! I have the books ‘vegan under pressure’ although I’m not vegan but it’s great for beans and pulses, and also the ‘Dinner in an Instant’ which is quite good too.

Camelcamelcamel is very reliable, the only possibility is that it's a similar product, it's never even been that low from the Amazon warehouse in the past six weeks.

How rude.

Look, you can believe whatever you like. It's the same item, I have nothing to gain from making it up.

Happy Friday.

How rude.

Look, you can believe whatever you like. It's the same item, I have nothing to gain from making it up.

Happy Friday.

Not being rude, just stating the facts so people don't think they are not getting a good deal by buying this. You also stated that the price has been rising steadily over the past few weeks, which is also evidently not the case according to Camelcamelcamel. You had a similar product in your basket, it's not biggie. Enjoy your bargain hunting!

• Advertisement

Not being rude, just stating the facts so people don't think they are not getting a good deal by buying this. You also stated that the price has been rising steadily over the past few weeks, which is also evidently not the case according to Camelcamelcamel. You had a similar product in your basket, it's not biggie. Enjoy your bargain hunting!
    You are implying I'm either lying or wrong, and I am neither, and I find that incredibly rude. Maybe don't trust websites trying to sell you fake bargains do much. I'm out.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,717 ✭✭✭cronos

CCC does not show lightening deals FYI. So it is possible for things to be cheaper for a period of time and it never show on CCC. I have no idea about this product in particular, just that the loophole exists in CCC.

• Registered Users Posts: 13,365 ✭✭✭✭McMurphy

cronos wrote: »
    CCC does not show lightening deals FYI. So it is possible for things to be cheaper for a period of time and it never show on CCC. I have no idea about this product in particular, just that the loophole exists in CCC.

Yep isn't showing up in my camel X 3 account, if it wasn't for this thread I'd probably have missed it tbh.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,282 ✭✭✭positron

loyatemu wrote: »
    bought one - it'll replace our little used slow cooker. I'm hoping the ease of being able to brown stuff in the pot and then use pressure to speed up the process means we'll use this one more.

I bought one of these in August and yes, there's a lot of hype out there about InstantPot. It's very good, but it's not a magic device as blogs / websites would make you believe, especially if you already have and are used to regular stove-top pressure cookers.

We have made a number of dishes over and again with great results - all very popular in IP sites - butter chicken, chicken tika masala, honey and ginger chicken, biriyani / rissotto type dishes etc and of course all of these can be done with regular pots / regular pressure cooker. InstantPot is convinient but not sure if it's worth enough to let it permanently take up counterspace.

PS: It's the same 6L version I bought in August for £71 now coming up as £59 on Amazon. Good deal, if you are need an IP.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,405 ✭✭✭StaticNoise

Thanks. No idea if I'll use this to its full potential, but I pulled the trigger.

Happy Black Friday everyone.

cronos wrote: »

Yep I'm aware of that, but my Keepa chrome extension does. :)

• Registered Users Posts: 20,790 ✭✭✭✭cormie

If I understand correctly from this thread, the same product is on two different links, at the same price (1p difference), here:

https://www.amazon.co.uk/Instant-Pot-Electric-Pressure-Stainless/dp/B00OP26T4K/ref=gbps_img_m-8_10aa_6906868f?smid=A3P5ROKL5A1OLE&pf_rd_p=3816236d-cc45-4867-8a60-fba7112a10aa&pf_rd_s=merchandised-search-8&pf_rd_t=101&pf_rd_i=14235985031&pf_rd_m=A3P5ROKL5A1OLE&pf_rd_r=H023E7MGKH8QJ11ZMRGV
    (doesn't ship to IRE)

and here:
    https://www.amazon.co.uk/gp/product/B00OP26T4K/ref=ox_sc_act_title_1?smid=A3HHV1KQXDYXKQ&psc=1

(ships to IRE)

so the one that ships to Ire is the one to go for, even though it's 1p dearer, there's no need to use Parcel Motel/Parcel Wizard/Addresspal

:confused:

• Registered Users Posts: 19,610 ✭✭✭✭Muahahaha

Bizarre alright. I got stiffed with an Address Pal charge even though its a Prime item and well over £25. No biggie but still a bit annoying.

Looking forward to receiving it as it will replace a little used slow cooker. It served me well but the novelty of 8 and 10 hour cooks soon wears off, especially if you intend eating that night and then have to begin cooking at 9 on a Saturday morning. This should do the exact same thing in a fraction of the time. Also Ive found slow cookers have a tendency to stink the house out with the gradual release of food odours over a long time.

• Registered Users Posts: 856 ✭✭✭RoYoBo

For those who use Facebook (or, like me, just there for info groups) if you search Instant Pot Uk you'll find loads of recipes, a forum to ask questions and a free comprehensive beginners guide in the Files section.

I used the site a lot in the beginning, getting to know my IP, but now I just browse occasionally for ideas as I adapt my own recipes. It's a learning curve for anyone new to pressure cooking but once you're 'inducted', you'll do everything automatically.

I have 2 pots and just bought a 3rd as a gift at £59.99 this time - best price ever for such a multi-functional gadget. It's definitely worth taking the time to learn how to use it - making mistakes is part of the process. Some people (ahem!) even take theirs on holiday ... on a plane ... to Spain! :o

• Registered Users Posts: 128 ✭✭drinkingwater

Lots of like new and damaged box ones on amazon warehouse with 20% off. £55.79 delivered to Ireland.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 19,610 ✭✭✭✭Muahahaha

Some people (ahem!) even take theirs on holiday ... on a plane ... to Spain! :o[/QUOTE]

Haha did it go in your hand luggage? Any reaction by security to it?

• Registered Users Posts: 8,236 ✭✭✭Esse85

Solaris10 wrote: »
    dont click "View Offer" on Lightning Deal

choose Non-Deal Price £59.99 (Save 50%)

Non deal price for me now is £72

What am I doing wrong?

I try the £59.99 price and then I'm told it won't ship.

Muahahaha wrote: »
    Some people (ahem!) even take theirs on holiday ... on a plane ... to Spain! :o

Haha did it go in your hand luggage? Any reaction by security to it?[/QUOTE]

Yes, into hand luggage the first time we took it - OH took the lid and I took the bottom. No problem at all - nobody batted an eye :) It is invaluable in an apartment with fewer cooking options than you're used to at home.

Esse85 wrote: »
    Non deal price for me now is £72

What am I doing wrong?

I try the £59.99 price and then I'm told it won't ship.

It still shows at 59.99 for me when I put it in my basket - I presume you clicked on the Lightning Deal price? I haven't followed through, as I've already ordered one this time around. Mine is being delivered to NI - maybe that makes a difference?

Perhaps if you take the one week deal of Prime for 99p to see if that helps? Or Address Pal?

• Registered Users Posts: 8,236 ✭✭✭Esse85

RoYoBo wrote: »
    It still shows at 59.99 for me when I put it in my basket - I presume you clicked on the Lightning Deal price? I haven't followed through, as I've already ordered one this time around. Mine is being delivered to NI - maybe that makes a difference?

Perhaps if you take the one week deal of Prime for 99p to see if that helps? Or Address Pal?

Yeah it goes in the basket at 59.99 but won't ship to a Rep of Ireland address with that price.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,116 ✭✭✭mrsdewinter

Esse85 wrote: »
    Yeah it goes in the basket at 59.99 but won't ship to a Rep of Ireland address with that price.

Yes, this is happening to me too.

I ordered one last year, in another Black Friday deal, and the sale ended up being cancelled, not by me.

Weird...

• Registered Users Posts: 13,365 ✭✭✭✭McMurphy

I was checking out a few YouTube videos on recipes etc, and I'm looking forward to getting started with this.

However, baked potatoes.

There's a bunch of baked potatoe recipes and how tos on YouTube, but from what I can see, the potatoes are cooked above water which turns into steam, and the pressure cooks the spud etc etc.

I like my baked potatoes with a crispy skin however, and I don't envisage a steamed potato as having a crispy exterior?

Anyone confirm?

I was checking out a few YouTube videos on recipes etc, and I'm looking forward to getting started with this.

However, baked potatoes.

There's a bunch of baked potatoe recipes and how tos on YouTube, but from what I can see, the potatoes are cooked above water which turns into steam, and the pressure cooks the spud etc etc.

I like my baked potatoes with a crispy skin however, and I don't envisage a steamed potato as having a crispy exterior?

Anyone confirm?

Unfortunately, the only way to get crispy potatoes is to oven cook them I find microwaving them for 5mins followed by 30mins in the oven at around 180c works best.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,773 ✭✭✭taytobreath

However, baked potatoes.

Anyone confirm?

the spuds from them do be a bit soggy. not too bad tho.

• Advertisement

Not quite the same as baked spuds in the oven, but you can saute small ones until the skins are browned and then put them on the trivet to finish cooking with a little water beneath.

Like the other poster above, I prick large spuds with a fork, roll them in oil and salt, then microwave for 5-10 minutes (2 large spuds). I then finish them in a hot oven to crisp all over, usually about 20-30 minutes.

It's a bit of a myth that everything can be done successfully in an IP. It's a great gadget, but it has some limitations by its very design. I've seen folks online try to convert every recipe under the sun and it seems like some kind of challenge to them. I just work with its strengths and I'm happy with what it does best.

Advertisement