Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

35 EURO off insurance through www.its4women.ie

• 14-10-2016 6:50pm
    Registered Users Posts: 142 ✭✭

Just us VOUCHER CODE: LQ456 under your quote to get discount.

399175.JPG

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 23,157 ✭✭✭✭Alanstrainor

That is one big excess to pay if you claim...

I'm pretty sure this has come up before, and from what I remember, their quotes are not that great so the money off doesn't really make much difference.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 12,580 ✭✭✭✭TheDriver

In this age of anti sexism and anti exclusion, how does this website not get a ton of review from equality ombudsman

TheDriver wrote: »
    In this age of anti sexism and anti exclusion, how does this website not get a ton of review from equality ombudsman

Because they insure men as well

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 52,286 ✭✭✭✭tayto lover

bubblypop wrote: »
    They may need to re-name it then.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 23,654 ✭✭✭✭ted1

They may need to re-name it then.

25plus.ie I believe they are all the same company just different websites and skins

They have several other sites ,all mcl insurance

http://www.asai.ie/complaint/motor-insurance/

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1 iksiks

Just got a renewal from its4women.....The above code still works even with renewals if you renew online...got 35eur off, happy days:)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,003 ✭✭✭iggy

Trying to get a quote but won't let me select vehicle description? I can fill out every other tab. It doesn't recognise my reg number so am filling in the details manually. Any ideas?

Edit... Code worked on 25plus. Cheers OP

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,318 ✭✭✭Absoluvely

Has anyone ever figured out what it is and why it possesses four women?

Grammatically speaking.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 26,152 ✭✭✭✭Berty

I put in for a quote to see how it would quote a male on price. Kind of assumed it would be quoting mental money to say they would quote me legally but a stupid enough amount knowing I wouldn't proceed.

The quote wasn't stupidly high. €240 higher than what I paid last month with 123.ie

You can choose a higher excess to lower your premium if you wish. It seems the base execess was €350 in my case.

I can't imagine an insurance company name sticking around long if it was called its4men or something. People don't really get upset about one type of sexism compared to the other.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 26,584 ✭✭✭✭Creamy Goodness

Put in all my details; wouldn't quote me. There's a joke in there somewhere.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 25,005 ✭✭✭✭Toto Wolfcastle

Berty wrote: »
    I put in for a quote to see how it would quote a male on price. Kind of assumed it would be quoting mental money to say they would quote me legally but a stupid enough amount knowing I wouldn't proceed.

The quote wasn't stupidly high. €240 higher than what I paid last month with 123.ie

You can choose a higher excess to lower your premium if you wish. It seems the base execess was €350 in my case.

I can't imagine an insurance company name sticking around long if it was called its4men or something. People don't really get upset about one type of sexism compared to the other.
    My husband got his insurance through them this year. They were the cheapest by far. They were laughably expensive for me.

• Registered Users Posts: 26 sqwertypoo1934

It's 4 women, randomly generating/denying quotes.
    Don't over think it!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 32,382 ✭✭✭✭rubadub

bubblypop wrote: »
    still is weird how they get away with it.

http://www.asai.ie/complaint/motor-insurance
    They stated that men were insured by its4women.ie as both first and second named drivers and that this was widely understood by the customer-base through the use of the gender selection tool available in the first section of the quote request form online.

They stated that there was no reference or statement made within the advertising or on any of their marketing collateral that males were excluded from insurance policies supplied by its4women.ie.

on the front page you wold certainly get the impression that men are not included, therefore excluded

https://www.its4women.ie/
    logo.png
    Car Insurance in Ireland for Women
    Do you need an insurance provider, which understands your needs? its4women.ie have been delivering cheaper insurance policies to the women of Ireland for over 30 years.

If it was its4whites I wonder would they still be about. Or something else with a close to 50/50 split, like a Northern Irish one called its4protestants.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,386 ✭✭✭yannakis

The most sexist of all trading names that have crossed my eyes.

• Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 32,285 Mod ✭✭✭✭The_Conductor

Won't quote for me :confused:
    Think I'll be back to FBD again.........

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,962 ✭✭✭✭dark crystal

Any idea of the expiry date on the code? My insurance is due for renewal on July 3rd, but they'll only quote me four weeks or less in advance.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 86 ✭✭4fvw6lcprxeoyq

Berty wrote: »

You haven't heard of: www.4thelads.ie then. :-)

• Registered Users Posts: 20,300 ✭✭✭✭casio4

is it only for new customers? I tried to renew my policy with them and no voucher code box coming up :(

You haven't heard of: www.4thelads.ie then. :-)

Feck- that's expensive!
    Whats the story?

Feck- that's expensive!
    Whats the story?

I got a quote of €800 from them. Getting €700-€1200 everywhere else (got a few €1500 too though). So about average, for me at least.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 92 ✭✭woidoi

Thanks OP!
    My wife's insurance was half the price of Aviva's quote this time around and the code worked perfectly!
    Cheers.:D

• Registered Users Posts: 1 Dont waste my time

Code LQ456. Used this code today. Still works

tried to get a quote online and they refused me even though I was with them last year is it because my car is too old does anyone know? it's a 07 reg so over the ten year mark

casio4 wrote: »
    tried to get a quote online and they refused me even though I was with them last year is it because my car is too old does anyone know? it's a 07 reg so over the ten year mark

Dunno- my 10-D tripled in its quote from them from last year- hell even Axa is cheaper. Best offer I can find for fully comp for me this evening is FBD- who I dropped like a hot potato last time round- when they doubled the premium after my first year with no explanation. I thought I read in the newspaper in the last week or so- that premia were coming down?

Something odd is going on somewhere.

casio4 wrote: »

Yea, same here. I'm just shopping around at the moment. i4w was 600 last year, and their auto renewal is 850 this year, and they won't quote me either on their site.

I'm guessing that they're hoping I'll just renew at the price they sent me. lol!

Cheapest I've found so far is 460 with FBD.

I found that manually entering your car (instead of entering the reg) gets you a (cheaper) quote sometimes or when they won't quote you at all.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,027 ✭✭✭opus

Yea, same here. I'm just shopping around at the moment. i4w was 600 last year, and their auto renewal is 850 this year, and they won't quote me either on their site.

I'm guessing that they're hoping I'll just renew at the price they sent me. lol!

Cheapest I've found so far is 460 with FBD.

I found that manually entering your car (instead of entering the reg) gets you a (cheaper) quote sometimes or when they won't quote you at all.

Ditto for me. Even with that discount voucher, FBD were cheaper than last year's quote from its4women not to mind the the bump up they decided to throw at me this time round. Sounds like FBD are trying to get a bit of extra business.

• Registered Users Posts: 746 ✭✭✭Thegalwayman

280 for 3rd party fire and theft from 123.ie as a "new" customer having received quote for 437 from 123.ie Same process every year

280 for 3rd party fire and theft from 123.ie as a "new" customer having received quote for 437 from 123.ie Same process every year

Holy crap! How'd you manage that? I'm 40 with full clean licence, 10 years NCD and the lowest they'd quote me is €875

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,003 ✭✭✭iggy

My renewal is up with 25plus on 20/6 but haven't heard anything yet.
    Shopping around today and cheapest so far is AIG. Isn't that who 25plus use?
    I'll see what they quote me for renewal

• Advertisement

Holy crap! How'd you manage that? I'm 40 with full clean licence, 10 years NCD and the lowest they'd quote me is €875

No idea why yours is so high- I'm 44, male, clean licence, 10 years+ NCD, no penalty points- and I got a quote of €585 on a 3 litre Audi Estate. Maybe its related to your job- what industry you work in? Certain professions get an actuarial loading automatically applied to them- others, are embraced with open arms and significant discounts............

As a new customer with pretty much any of the insurers- you'll get a significant 'welcome bonus'- the trick is not to accept a renewal quote from anyone (at all)- to shop around every year........

Some jobs can be described in multiple different ways- but pay vastly different premia depending on how you describe them- e.g.

A “chef” will pay a significant loading on their insurance while “kitchen staff” get a discount

“Music teachers” pay a loading- while generic “teachers” don't

Office managers pay a loading while office administrators don't.

Construction workers pay a loading- builders don't and 'bricklayers' or 'carpenters' or 'electricians' get a discount.

A Surgeon pays a massive loading, a consultant a smaller loading, a doctor- no loading, a GP gets a discount...........

Play around with job titles and descriptions- don't lie- but do experiment- they make a massive difference............

Also- 'retired', or 'home-maker' get a significant discount- if they have a clean licence, no penalty points and a full NCD- but any blemish at all- even old penalty points- and they get a prohibitive loading- that doesn't apply to other categories...........

On the flipside, describing yourself as a parent, housewife, house-husband or retired instead of being unemployed will reduce your premium.

While it's worth experimenting to see what different job titles affect your premium, make sure to not lie about your job i.e. don't say you're a butcher if you're a baker. That is illegal and could get you prosecuted for fraud.

No idea why yours is so high- I'm 44, male, clean licence, 10 years+ NCD, no penalty points- and I got a quote of €585 on a 3 litre Audi Estate. Maybe its related to your job- what industry you work in? ...

Yea, I do mess around with the occupation when I'm getting quotes, just to see what the differences are. They vary like crazy from site to site. I've seen sites that wouldn't even quote me if I was a landscape gardener, but they'd insure me for €250 if I was a florist or a flower-arranger!
    I wouldn't lie outright though. I put myself down as retired last year alright, as I was unemployed. I'm doing a fas course at the moment so I suppose I'd be considered a student, or 'employed' as a student. Since, in fas you're off the register (I assume) and clocking in every day to get paid.
    Car is a 2006 1.6hdi diesel.

123.ie working out the cheapest for me after a lot of shopping around €380 third party fire and theft some had quoted me €700

• Registered Users Posts: 3 lou.kil

Hi guys, any updated discount codes for Nov 2018??

• Registered Users Posts: 488 ✭✭septicsac

LQ456 still working for 35 off with itsforwomen

Hmm - the AA is cheapest for me so far at €306, which I think is the lowest I ever paid for insurance since I paid PMPA £1300 for a decrepit Corsa in 1994. I'm 47 and insuring a 1.0l i10. Everyone else is pushing €400

• Advertisement

I'm 44 driving a 2l A6 tdi estate. The cheapest I could get was 545 fully comp from FBD.

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 19,192 Mod ✭✭✭✭slave1

By far the cheapest insurance for both of us is through the GUI (Golfing Union of Ireland) sponsor AIG so any of you golfers out there give them a shout

• Moderators, Arts Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 77,027 Mod ✭✭✭✭New Home

Just to let everyone know, this code is still valid. I just saved €79!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,142 ✭✭✭rom

I would avoid them like the plague. My wife is currently getting insurance with them. She is saying never again.

- No phone line to call. They only do outgoing calls.
    - Any adjustment to the policy costs 10 Euro
    - They are very anal when documents and scans etc. Often they ask about this after the policy has started which is the case with my wife.
    - PhotoScan by Google Photos should be used to scan you documents so there is no glare on them.

https://www.its4women.ie/news/contacting-its4women.aspx

"Telephone – At its4women we do not believe you should live your life “on hold” and as an online company we do not take any incoming phone calls. If you would like to speak to one of our advisers, simply follow the options on the phone and to save you holding just key in your telephone number on your keypad and we will contact you"

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,644 ✭✭✭OmegaGene

rom wrote: »
    I would avoid them like the plague. My wife is currently getting insurance with them. She is saying never again.

- They are very anal when documents and scans etc. Often they ask about this after the policy has started which is the case with my wife.
    - PhotoScan by Google Photos should be used to scan you documents so there is no glare on them.

"Telephone – At its4women we do not believe you should live your life “on hold” and as an online company we do not take any incoming phone calls. If you would like to speak to one of our advisers, simply follow the options on the phone and to save you holding just key in your telephone number on your keypad and we will contact you"

The reason it’s 4 women and 25 plus are cheap is because you have an online portal to do everything yourself and therefore shouldn’t need to call someone, uploading documents and adjusting policies couldn’t be easier.
    I had a query 2 years ago that I couldn’t find the answer to online and they called me back within the hour and were extremely helpful.

I flip between its4women and 25plus every year and avail of new customer discount and also use tbe discount code, they are the same company or sister companies.

The internet isn’t for everyone

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Arts Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 77,027 Mod ✭✭✭✭New Home

It's my first time using them, I'll see how it goes - I'll report back next year. :)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,772 ✭✭✭cython

rom wrote: »

OmegaGene wrote: »
    The reason it’s 4 women and 25 plus are cheap is because you have an online portal to do everything yourself and therefore shouldn’t need to call someone, uploading documents and adjusting policies couldn’t be easier.
    I had a query 2 years ago that I couldn’t find the answer to online and they called me back within the hour and were extremely helpful.

I flip between its4women and 25plus every year and avail of new customer discount and also use tbe discount code, they are the same company or sister companies.

I'd echo this. I had cause to make a few adjustments to my policy this year, twice due to change of car (UK import, so change to UK reg and then to Irish reg once I'd VRTed it), and one to temporarily change the covered vehicle for a couple of weeks, and while it was a bit of a nuisance to get someone to speak to, once I did they were very good to deal with.

Ultimately I ended up making the temp adjustment via the phone because I couldn't match the exact vehicle on the online system, but they waived the 10 euro fee due to this being an issue on their end, so can't ask too much more than that. Admittedly I probably spent as long on the phone double checking the process for the import car as it would have taken them to process the changes for that too, but still wasn't subject to any fee once I undertook the adjustments online.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 292 ✭✭ruddy1987

cython wrote: »
    I'd echo this. I had cause to make a few adjustments to my policy this year, twice due to change of car (UK import, so change to UK reg and then to Irish reg once I'd VRTed it), and one to temporarily change the covered vehicle for a couple of weeks, and while it was a bit of a nuisance to get someone to speak to, once I did they were very good to deal with.

Ultimately I ended up making the temp adjustment via the phone because I couldn't match the exact vehicle on the online system, but they waived the 10 euro fee due to this being an issue on their end, so can't ask too much more than that. Admittedly I probably spent as long on the phone double checking the process for the import car as it would have taken them to process the changes for that too, but still wasn't subject to any fee once I undertook the adjustments online.

Awful service would avoid. Wanted to charge admin fee for issuing proof of no claims bonus for named driver.

Aviva are very cheap at the minute would recommend trying them

• Moderators Posts: 12,385 ✭✭✭✭Black_Knight

Fyi liberty insurance have a flash sale going on. Allegedly 20% off. My insurance is due, and typically this year I'm going quotes of 520-550 (pretty similar to other years) but liberty quoted me 395. Fully comp, all the bells and whistles included.

Edit: it ends tonight. Your quote and discount will be valid for 7 days though.

Fyi liberty insurance have a flash sale going on. Allegedly 20% off. My insurance is due, and typically this year I'm going quotes of 520-550 (pretty similar to other years) but liberty quoted me 395. Fully comp, all the bells and whistles included.

If only I'd known yesterday...

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,107 ✭✭✭G1032

Insurance for due soon also. Getting quotes of 500ish also but 440 with Aviva. Just got quote from Liberty.... 640...... That's some sale!!!😉

• Moderators Posts: 12,385 ✭✭✭✭Black_Knight

G1032 wrote: »
    Insurance for due soon also. Getting quotes of 500ish also but 440 with Aviva. Just got quote from Liberty.... 640...... That's some sale!!!😉

Buy buy buy!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,373 ✭✭✭Skuxx

G1032 wrote: »
    Insurance for due soon also. Getting quotes of 500ish also but 440 with Aviva. Just got quote from Liberty.... 640...... That's some sale!!!��

Same for me, most insurance renewals around the €800 mark, liberty quoted me €1400!

Guys- pretty much every company charges when you change your documents (for whatever reason). Its4women.ie are far from alone in this respect. I would strongly suggest people not make an assumption that they're the cheapest though- or that Blue are cheap, or liberty- you really need to shop around. At the moment my cheapest quote is with FBD- who are over 200 cheaper than its4women- and the next cheapest I can find is Aviva.

Shop around- and don't make assumptions- you'd be crazy not to when you can potentially save hundreds.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,644 ✭✭✭OmegaGene

I tried Liberty last night €1500 :pac: more than double what I am paying 25plus this year and it’s4women last year
    Liberty can feck right off

The internet isn’t for everyone

• Advertisement
Advertisement